FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously a result of squeezing into the top 200 in EMEA and I feel a fraud for doing it but...

Screenshot_20191230-082344_Gallery.jpg

Even if it's only for a while!!

Congrats! :cheers: When did you get the notification? As soon as you went to pick a new Manu?
When I clicked on sport mode this morning. I'd already picked Manufacturer's yesterday (gone for McLaren and the F1-GTR BMW for some reason!). Got it through Nations as I didn't race in Manufacturer's

It's a bloody rigmarole though I tell you - had to fill out a questionnaire! But I'll happily go around for the next couple of months with people asking how the hell I'm 'S' ranked! :D

I like the contrast of your PSN ID and being a star player. Congratulations btw :)

Haha yeah cheers. When I felt I was getting used to my wheel I wanted a new account dedicated to GT Sport that made me out to be slow when I was actually ok. But couldn't have CaptainSlow (all about Top Gear!) so picked a similar but crappy alternative, and I've ended up being a bit quicker than I thought I was going to be! Not quick enough to be a true star player though - so I'll be a little fraud for the next few weeks!

Wonder what would happen if I got a DR reset!

Last edited:
Congrats,
Obviously a result of squeezing into the top 200 in EMEA and I feel a fraud for doing it but...

View attachment 877352

Even if it's only for a while!![/QUOTE

I've shared a few practice rooms with you and you're more deserving than I was a year ago when I made it to "S". I wasn't going to accept it but my friends convinced me too. Enjoy it while it lasts, competitors will be more critical of your mistakes while expecting you to be more then you are.

Is the requirements for DR S being in the top 10 in your region for your Manu or overall top for the Manu?

Thanks, I thought the top 200 thing was Nations only. :cheers:
Actually, I've just realised it's different outside Europe. That's what I get for being obsessed about finishing in the top 10/200.

Star Player status is available to:
EMEA - Top 10 each manufacturer, and Top 200 overall, in region
Asia - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 150 overall, in region
North America - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 140 overall, in region
Central/South America - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 60 overall, in region
Oceania - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 50 overall, in region

Actually, I've just realised it's different outside Europe. That's what I get for being obsessed about finishing in the top 10/200.

Star Player status is available to:
EMEA - Top 10 each manufacturer, and Top 200 overall, in region
Asia - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 150 overall, in region
North America - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 140 overall, in region
Central/South America - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 60 overall, in region
Oceania - Top 5 each manufacturer, and Top 50 overall, in region

Sweet, I think I just managed to squeeze in for NA then. Thanks again for the info! :cheers:

74490ED6-3315-49A9-9A16-A8ED6C0D5EAF.jpeg

Managed to hold on to my S rating, only did 5 races with 1 attempt each time. It still took up more time than I'd like, so I don't think I'll take part in exhibition season 3, but might return for the full season when you don't have to race as often.

2019 exhibition season 2 final position.jpg

Wow it only took 2+ years but they’re finally TRYING the different races on different days schedule. Now they just need figure out disconnections and make it one shot again. I only race once anyway, but it would be nice to stop people wasting their lives on these races.

Haven’t done any FIA racing since they changed the points so I don’t have an opinion on that yet, but the points system and stacking everything on two days a week were the biggest negatives of the FIA format, so they’re halfway there at least, and maybe all the way if the points actually reward RACING (not just WINNING) in the higher splits now and there’s a reason not to tank DR.

I’ll make an attempt at joining in on this season as much as I can, and return to Mazda again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back