FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody actually done any practice races for the Nations and Manufacturers tomorrow?

I'm entering both for the first time in god knows how long. I did want to run some practice races myself tonight but may have little time to do so.

any tips on fuel strategy? tyre selection/management? Particularly for Nations Cup. Manufacturers looks like a banker for a one-stop from what I've read here...

I've been practicing for Manu, but I have some concerns about the stewarding:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20191111202600.jpg

I remember Kaz saying he didn't want to add any new Manufacturers during one of the seasons. Yet, we still get new Gr.3&Gr.4 cars. May be a bit unfair for those that have chosen their cars at the start, to then not be able to use one of the newer cars.

I'm going to miss Manufacturers due to waiting for the Supra GT4. Yes, it's my choice, but PD should already know that there are players wanting to use a new car. If the Supra does indeed wind up being OP/META, at the end of the season, might not sit well with players.

I remember Kaz saying he didn't want to add any new Manufacturers during one of the seasons. Yet, we still get new Gr.3&Gr.4 cars. May be a bit unfair for those that have chosen their cars at the start, to then not be able to use one of the newer cars.

I'm going to miss Manufacturers due to waiting for the Supra GT4. Yes, it's my choice, but PD should already know that there are players wanting to use a new car. If the Supra does indeed wind up being OP/META, at the end of the season, might not sit well with players.
It's an exhibition season. And as far as I'm aware you can change manufacturer after the season, just like the one that just finished.

Last edited:
Nnnnnnnnnnno?
Lol I probably read something wrong again, was looking at this:

"Players who met the criteria from the first Exhibition Series are already able to register for Star Player status. That means they have access to the high-value races in season two, which will help them qualify again for the special ranking in the first 2020 series."

Lol I probably read something wrong again, was looking at this:

"Players who met the criteria from the first Exhibition Series are already able to register for Star Player status. That means they have access to the high-value races in season two, which will help them qualify again for the special ranking in the first 2020 series."
They have access to them, it doesn't mean they'll qualify.

Anybody actually done any practice races for the Nations and Manufacturers tomorrow?

I'm entering both for the first time in god knows how long. I did want to run some practice races myself tonight but may have little time to do so.

any tips on fuel strategy? tyre selection/management? Particularly for Nations Cup. Manufacturers looks like a banker for a one-stop from what I've read here...
Manu is one stop for tires, maybe fuel depending on the car and if you try to save any on track. Always a tricky balance between the time you lose on track saving vs sitting in the pit box fueling up.

Last edited:
It's an exhibition season. And as far as I'm aware you can change manufacturer after the season, just like the one that just finished.
It may be Exhibition and one race. This I understand.
Players such as myself, miss out(by choice) on Manufacturers because an expected car is debuting late in the season.

The fact that the Manufacturers Series has a race where everything's TBA would seem to imply that a new track is coming. I wonder what it could be? And I bet whatever it is, it'd be coming in this month's update, likely alongside the Jaguar VGT Coupe. I'm pretty excited, given that the only two GT Sport original locales that follow the naming format of locales that do get additional layouts are Alsace and Colorado Springs. That's before we get into returning courses from prior games (both real and original), real-world courses that would be new to GT, or new locales entirely like St. Croix.
I've been saying this for like 2 years and nobody believed me. From the time I saw the dashes I knew that Alsace, Colorado, Dragon Trail and Sardegna had the possibility of having much different layouts. I am still disappointed Polyphony has not completed filling the gaps.

Here are some ideas:
· Colorado Springs - Hillside = A loop going up and down some hillside using partially realistic-looking US roads.
· Alsace - Winery = An asphalt+dirt loop going around some fields right next to the grapes.
· Dragon Trail - Cliffside = A two-level level loop right next to the coast. On the lower level, drivers race through some small Croatian town. On the higher level, they find themselves on top behind the houses on a much wider road (3-4 lanes).

They have access to them, it doesn't mean they'll qualify.
That makes sense. I thought it meant Star players got extra points.
It may be Exhibition and one race. This I understand.
Players such as myself, miss out(by choice) on Manufacturers because an expected car is debuting late in the season.
I have no issue with that. But I don't understand what's unfair about releasing a GR.4 car during an unofficial season.

That makes sense. I thought it meant Star players got extra points.

I have no issue with that. But I don't understand what's unfair about releasing a GR.4 car during an unofficial season.
Even in Exhibition, some players treat it like a finals race. I'm not one of those type of players.

Some still ruin an unofficial season for others.

Again, for some players that may have chosen Toyota, they won't get to use the Supra for their whole Exhibition(as I mentioned, by choice). Would be interesting to see how it went for an unofficial season, when "it doesn't count".
Instead, players, like myself, that don't choose Toyota today, will only get one race to see how ithe Supra performs. Regardless of Lobby testing.

Next time, will be in a season that does count.

Even in Exhibition, some players treat it like a finals race. I'm not one of those type of players.

Some still ruin an unofficial season for others.

Again, for some players that may have chosen Toyota, they won't get to use the Supra for their whole Exhibition(as I mentioned, by choice). Would be interesting to see how it went for an unofficial season, when "it doesn't count".
Instead, players, like myself, that don't choose Toyota today, will only get one race to see how ithe Supra performs. Regardless of Lobby testing.

Next time, will be in a season that does count.
If PD doesn't announce that the Gr.4 Supra is coming, and instead just releases it in December, is that still unfair?

We've had our first sight of the new points. Oceania top split - 1st place 274 pts, dropping 11/12 pts per place down to 57 pts for 20th.

This is certainly a change in the direction that people have been asking for, making it more beneficial to be in a higher split.

So the notion that they will never implement an idea if it is suggested on here appears to be untrue.

We've had our first sight of the new points. Oceania top split - 1st place 274 pts, dropping 11/12 pts per place down to 57 pts for 20th.

This is certainly a change in the direction that people have been asking for, making it more beneficial to be in a higher split.

So the notion that they will never implement an idea if it is suggested on here appears to be untrue.
Doesn’t that depend on how many points 2nd split, 3rd split etc give? Just changing points from 2700 to a 270 a win is meaningless if 2nd split win earns you, say 250 points or so.

Doesn’t that depend on how many points 2nd split, 3rd split etc give? Just changing points from 2700 to a 270 a win is meaningless if 2nd split win earns you, say 250 points or so.
That isn't what has changed - you're right, the constant factor change doesn't have any impact at all. The important part is the 57 points for 20th, i.e. the points drop off more slowly than before. The last place finisher in top split will now get more points than the winner in a race somewhere lower down, around 14k if the average DR in top split is 70k, for example.

They weren't kidding about reducing the points were they! Very pleased to see that 20th now earns some points. That was a needed change particularly in the higher splits.

For Nations Cup, I ran some test races last night... race leader had the following strategy which I think I will implement tonight:

start on medium
pit lap 6 for hard
pit lap 9 for medium and finish race on that set.

He was averaging 1:45s on mediums and 1:47s on hard IIRC.

252 for the next split so it seems its basically just dropping a 0 but remains to be seen as the season goes on. Also how it works in EMEA etc
Did 20th get 34pt?

Did 20th get 34pt?
Why 34? I was expecting it to be a constant multiple of the winner's points, so 52 (252 * 57 / 274).

Edit: yes, that seems to be how it works, another example 1st 355 pts, 20th 74 pts, which is 0.208x, same as 57/274.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back