FIA Race Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter adstomko
  • 24,947 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you very much. I'll have to get suit liveries ready and balance my practice with studies, but I've coped with worse conflicts of interest. Cheers and hope to see you all on the track :cheers:!

This is what’s left of this stage for both series, I think Saturday is round 28 for both. I can’t remember if there’s one more stage after this, or if this is the end of this season though.

A18A9978-D7BE-4F57-B030-EFF47273B1A2.jpeg

412947DF-F115-47E3-A7AD-EBB46877CCF2.jpeg

I’m not sure about an official season, I was wondering that the other day, if this will be the last one or not. But there are always pre seasons going on between the Official ones, if we do get another one. :)

I hope. I 🤬 hope.
Because no way I'm getting GT7 AND the PS5 on release, or even like 3 years after they release.
Blame my country's economy, or lack thereof. 1 USD here = 100 argentine pesos last time I checked. 🤬 nuts :banghead:.

And seeing how they've treated GT5 and 6's onlines, I think after GT7 releases we will see Sport dead in a year and a half. Unless they keep it going because of it being FIA-endorsed and all, and since GT7 is pretty much built on the Sport engine. We'll see. I keep my hopes up :D.

I've also decided on my manufacturer. Bring on the EVOOOOOO! *drumroll* :mischievous:

maxresdefault (2).jpg

maxresdefault (3).jpg

You know that time when the post race chat is so busy that you forget to save the 🤬 race replay?!

Got on for the 2140 slot, jumped into qualifying and immediately set about trying to lap in a slipstream - I'm crap at it. Great first sector (unsurprisingly), mediocre rest, 1:28.1. Can't remember where this put me initially but I tumbled down to 17th, a massive 0.295 off pole. Then while pole got improved slightly I managed a 1:28.0 on my final run to get me under half a second from the front - and 13th. Never mind, this plays perfectly into my mind boggling strategy!

The lesser spotted 'flat out 17M 2H'

First thing I did was give a small nudge to a Subaru at T1, this was a guy I'd been with in the pre race lobby and I'd wished him luck! I looked behind and saw while he was gathering it up a couple had passed him so I went on my way, post race chat apology at the ready. It wasn't deliberate, I braked earlier than normal to make the corner comfortably, he just braked more, and earlier. A yellow flag incident ahead moves me up and I'm in 10th chasing a known to be feisty Brit in a Mclaren F1 with a very fast Portuguese in a Corvette closing in behind - now anyone who has raced these two knows they give no quarter. The Portuguese hits me into the Brit into the penultimate corner and pushes past, then on the exit of T1 another little bump from their games gets me a 1s penalty - undeserved but I'll take it for the T1 incident. And I get the popcorn out for all of two corners as the Portuguese pushes past the Brit, who then sends him into the shadow realm. Two up, one down as a Spaniard passed me while serving my penalty.

Running 10th on L6 I was putting in good times and holding off a Dutchman in a Porsche, taking the defensive line when he was a little too close for comfort, and the pit stops began.

The constant low-mid 29s were jumping me up the field and I reached a high of 4th on L13, just holding off a Swede in a Porsche. Very clean stuff, but as he was dancing all over my rear end I eventually decided to yield the position going into L15 because fighting was going to cost too much time and with me needing to refuel I was never going to stay ahead, it was the guys behind I needed to beat.

Pitting on L17 for hards and a splash and just 3s ahead of a Czech, my decision to stop fighting earlier paid off as after all the pit stops I entered the first turn on the final lap dead level with the Czech emerging from the pits, but with my faster exit speed and both of us on hard tyres it was just a case of keeping it clean to the end

Nice solid result this, fairly pleased with my one and done

Screenshot_20200729-231847_PS Messages.jpg

Last edited:
2020 FIA GTC Manufacturers Series Round 27 - Gr3 at RBR

Pretty uneventful and workman-like race. After the craziness at SSRX yesterday, guess that's an ok thing, but was more or less a waste of time in the end.

Qualified well... I thought. Held 6th for most of the session, thought I could do a little better than that first lap time that was holding up, so kept trying. I did, but then I think a drafting train must have wiped out any margin I had, and I ended up starting 13th. @CurbHog lined up behind me at the start, I was hoping to race a bit with him once things picked up and sorted out.

I started on M's, planning to try a two-stop but giving myself the option to go with one. I got held up badly on that first stint, probably lost almost 10 seconds, as a pack of 5 or so cars were behind a 'Trulli-train' and I was caught at the tail end of it. In hindsight, maybe should have bailed immediately and flipped to a two-stop with some softs, but it was too early, then the damage was done.

So I just kept grinding out laps until I was out of fuel after 16, pitted for my H's, and finished up the race. Collected a few lucky spots on the last turn as two others in front had a coming-together, which helped mitigate any DR impact. The handful I got almost offset what I paid to drive in the SSRX race last night. Threw my FIA points in the bin on the way out- they aren't in my top 8 results for the season.

I do think the 1-stop is ok... all things being equal, at least in a Porsche. That said, I wonder if I had audibled into a more aggressive strategy as soon as I saw I was being held up, if it would have worked out better. Guessing it would have, as may have been able to undercut those guys until I had to change onto the H's for the rest of the race. Woulda coulda shoulda.

I guess I was ruined by two trains: the drafting train in qualifying and the Trulli-train in the race! (Maybe a third as well... lost my train of thought when I was being held up or would have re-calculated to pit early...)

Pretty lame, really- really irritated to be held up... with the latest penalty system, you simply can't touch, and when people are holding you up, it's pretty hard to avoid any contact at all, when simultaneously trying to defend someone wanting to take advantage of the situation behind you. I got a 3 SEC penalty for a guy moving in front of me under braking into Turn 2 (F1/MGP "turn 3") which was stupid... but I don't think it mattered in the final result. Then again, I finished on the bumper of 9th place, so who who can say.

7143286259126927376_0.jpg

FIAGTC Round 27 - Gr3 at Red Bull Ring: Q13 / R10 / #14

Last edited:
Manu at RBR. A track where I have had mixed races in the past. Food FIA races, horrible daily races.

Enter the slot as door #19, I like that. Qualifying was so-so, managed to start as 9.
Started on mediums as I was mid pack,then ran 8 laps, and pitted for hards and no fuel. One slow lap, then in again for softs. Accidentally pressed "do not refuel" and cursed a lot.
Had four laps left in the tank so went for fastest lap on the fumes.
Then back in on lap 11 for gas,came back out as 9, passed one man serving a penalty, then in the slow right after the rear straight one was off and another had 3 seconds penalty to serve.. The Ford GT ahead of me ran wide in the last turn so I gunned it. He turned back on rhe line as I passed so we touched doors but I crossed the line as 4.
Very pleased with my Mustang and the new livery.View attachment 944883
Nice livery.

Yeah, I'm liking getting FL lately. I'll sacrifice the win to show P1 I'm faster. ;):lol::sly:

Tried 2 slots in manu today - First good quali, started 3rd and my controller decided to double shift on the 2nd corner....Jumped from 3rd to 1st gear, locked the wheels and just went straight...Managed to throw myself out of the track to not hit the first and second and ruin their races as well....
9 soft / 9 medium / 1 hard - Ended 7th.

2nd slot and last of the day, 2 SS drivers in the lobby (AS) and top 12 all within the same second. Started on soft and did 9 laps with it, from the map guessed I would have good track position but also would be stuck behing a bunch of people, so went for Hards. Went out right behind the pack and managed to stay within the slipstream. Stopped again and finished 4th with medium tyres.

Found this strategy really good, specially for not having cold hard tyres in the last lap, so was easy to keep ahead of the guys coming out from the pits.

This was probably the most enjoyable race so far...many different brands able to keep pace, different strategies, loads of overtaking points and the drivers were fair and clean. 184 points and that will probably end my year on this championship.

See you guys next year - maybe :)

Just did Manufacturers slot 3 with the McLaren 650S GT3, sharing lobby with @Jwptexas and @Lewmatic, was door #2.

Qualified P3, right behind @Jwptexas and 2 tenths off pole. Didn't have a great T1 and unfortunately, I was hit as usual into T3 and pushed wide. I reentered the track in P5 and lost another two spots due to dirty tyres in T4, so was down to P7 on softs... In hindsight, I should have probably started on mediums. Lost some time in traffic and overtaking, plus serving a 1 second penalty for... being tapped. :banghead:

I was planning to pit a bit earlier, but went to the end of lap 12 to try to use the pace of my softs, I knew I had the pace to avoid being undercut, and was in P4 after the first stop.

Caught up with P2 and P3 in the final laps and twice tried to overtake P3, but he defended his line well. Took hards for the final lap and finished just behind them in 4th place. At least definitely a P2 and a chance for the win was on the cards, but oh well...

Well done on the win. I was in that race, it was utter chaos in the midfield. I had to recover from a P12 Qualifying after getting punted on what a lap that could have potentially seen me start from inside the Top 5 after the Porsche driver took offence to the fact I overtook him at Turn 2 (forcefully but without contact) so he decided to drive full noise into me next turn.

It was certainly one of the worst groups I've been in for a while when it comes to dirty driving.

Thankyou.

It will take a few races for the dirty drivers to have their SR drop after everyone got their sportsmanship inflated by the SSRX race. One of the guys who finished 4th had deliberately spun me off at SSRX which I hadn't forgotten about.

Did 2 attempts tonight in the 3rd and 4th slot.

Slot 3
Qualified 6th and finished 5th. I was 1 of 4 Corvettes in this race, and actually qualified 3rd out of the 4 of us. My 5th was good enough to put me ahead of the rest of the Corvettes, but in spite of the decent finish it didn't offer enough points to count (179) so I had to go again. I went 7M/1H/11S.

Slot 4
Qualified 5th and finished 3rd as the only Corvette. Amazingly I got no penalties and got a CRB as a result. I did the same strategy as my last race but unfortunately that put me way down in traffic (I was hoping to be way further behind them after I pitted, which is why I did my Hard stint in the middle). On top of that, the driver that was 1 spot and 5 points behind me in the standings finished 2nd, so they're now ahead of me in the standing, and I probably could've at least fought them for 2nd place had I chosen my strategy better. The 205 points for that finish means I'm not going again though.

Well, my Manu report is not as thrilling as it could have been. I qualified 5th with door 7 on the car.
Btw, who was this guy? I can not believe the chaos one dirty driver can cause. @Jwptexas asked him not to ruin everyones race before the start, I thought he was messing with the guy. NOPE. He was bumping and pushing, just enough to avoid a penalty. He blocked and attempted to gather everyone behind him in a pack or to get them penalties for contacting him as he blocked. He finally got a 3 second penalty and I attempted to pass him for 3rd, On the inside...big mistake, I was awarded a 2 second penalty when he swerved into my door as I passed. This dropped me to 7th. I fought my way back and tried to conserve fuel the best I could, hoping to take little or no fuel. At one point, just after my first stop on lap 12, to switch to mediums, I was up to third for a some laps, then even 2nd when he spun. It quickly became evident not everyone was “conserving.” I could see a group catching quickly, including @Jwptexas in his Ford GT. But he spun at turn 1 and I got the spot back, 3rd again. The last pit stop really bunched us up for lap 19. We were about 3 cars battling for 3rd, 4th and 5th about a second apart. I was 5th. Some of the guys ahead were battling hard and I saw One got a 1 second penalty. I was loving it, thinking 4th was mine with 2 turns to go in a Hotly contested race. A possible 2nd best point grab for me close to 200 or so....Imagine my surprise when he served his penalty mostly on the racing line, promptly unghosted right as I was going past as wide left as I could go....With only the last right hand turns to go. I swerved left trying to avoid contact and slid out further left, Into the run off area, gathering dirt for my tires and almost spun again coming back onto the straight away, bumping the right side wall.
I lost 4 spots in that final turn to finish 9th for 125 points. 1 and done.

I suppose if I wasn’t so excited about passing for that spot I could have checked up and at least got 5th or 6th in hind sight. If he never got a penalty i’d have finished 5th.

Just one of those racing things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw, who was this guy? I can not believe the chaos one dirty driver can cause. @Jwptexas asked him not to ruin everyones race before the start, I thought he was messing with the guy. NOPE.

@wedjim look at this post from a few pages back... Credit to @CJam for the edit.

Just a selection from our friend....there was more, I just lost patience editing

Well, my Manu report is not as thrilling as it could have been. I qualified 5th with door 7 on the car.
Btw, who was this guy? I can not believe the chaos one dirty driver can cause. @Jwptexas asked him not to ruin everyones race before the start, I thought he was messing with the guy. NOPE. He was bumping and pushing, just enough to avoid a penalty. He blocked and attempted to gather everyone behind him in a pack or to get them penalties for contacting him as he blocked. He finally got a 3 second penalty and I attempted to pass him for 3rd, On the inside...big mistake, I was awarded a 2 second penalty when he swerved into my door as I passed. This dropped me to 7th. I fought my way back and tried to conserve fuel the best I could, hoping to take little or no fuel. At one point, just after my first stop on lap 12, to switch to mediums, I was up to third for a some laps, then even 2nd when he spun. It quickly became evident not everyone was “conserving.” I could see a group catching quickly, including @Jwptexas in his Ford GT. But he spun at turn 1 and I got the spot back, 3rd again. The last pit stop really bunched us up for lap 19. We were about 3 cars battling for 3rd, 4th and 5th about a second apart. I was 5th. Some of the guys ahead were battling hard and I saw One got a 1 second penalty. I was loving it, thinking 4th was mine with 2 turns to go in a Hotly contested race. A possible 2nd best point grab for me close to 200 or so....Imagine my surprise when he served his penalty mostly on the racing line, promptly unghosted right as I was going past as wide left as I could go....With only the last right hand turns to go. I swerved left trying to avoid contact and slid out further left, Into the run off area, gathering dirt for my tires and almost spun again coming back onto the straight away, bumping the right side wall.
I lost 4 spots in that final turn to finish 9th for 125 points. 1 and done.

I suppose if I wasn’t so excited about passing for that spot I could have checked up and at least got 5th or 6th in hind sight. If he never got a penalty i’d have finished 5th.

Just one of those racing things.

I definitely wasn't joking when I said that. He tried to ruin my race early on couldn't ever get back up front then i selected hards on accident and got caught up in traffic. Thanks for not fighting real hard for that position I tried to keep you in my slip I knew my stops were done and figured y'all had to pit again.

FIAGTC Gr3 at RBR - RERUN

This track is really becoming Interlagos-II for me.

I'm so sick of being 🤬 punted by idiots at this track.

No reason in the world that a A lobby should result in being spun on the straight FFS.

Started 13th, on H's, held station without holding anyone up for all of Lap 1. Plan was working.

Collected a couple of positions even, due to cold tires ahead. Went into T2 with some 'action' ahead meaning had to choke up a bit on the bat and make sure not to hit anyone. My reward: getting a 2 sec penalty for being turned into by the NSX (I guess?) and then being absolutely mauled by two IDIOTS who decided to win the race on the second lap. Guys shouldn't be allowed to race in the FIA races driving like this. It's an A lobby.... complete HACKS that ruin this game.

Cost me 20 seconds and some blood pressure-induced minutes off my life.

Would have probably finished in top 10 easily, maybe better, if left to run the 2H / 9S / 8M strategy that I had planned.

Yotally stupid, what they and the Mustang did, and what else could I do, except pull over and let four cars pass me??

Insult to injury, ~I~ get another 6 sec penalty for being run off the track and careened into the gravel trap? Total lunacy.

Drove like hell from 20th place after that, and well behind the field, to finish 13th. But steaming mad, I may just be done for the year. I'm not making any more progress and can't move up much more in the rankings anyway.

:banghead:

Oh yeah, and the WONDERFUL penalty system: DSR Toyota and R4M Mustang finished the race... WITH CRB. TOTAL JOKE, PD!

Last edited:
You two beat me to it. XD

I was looking up his KudosPrime to check whether I had to worry about encountering this guy (thankfully not). Seeing this guy eat a DR reset is priceless. Guess you guys won’t be seeing him for a while.

Actual footage of him taking his DR reset:

That's new one for me

You two beat me to it. XD

I was looking up his KudosPrime to check whether I had to worry about encountering this guy (thankfully not). Seeing this guy eat a DR reset is priceless. Guess you guys won’t be seeing him for a while.

Actual footage of him taking his DR reset:

He does it all the time. He’ll be back next week. That’s the problem.

-75 SR followed by -56. That’s something.

upload_2020-7-30_0-37-25.jpeg

noticed this guy from my first (and should have been my only) race at RBR tonight lost ~104~ SR in one race. Holy blank. @CurbHog might have witnessed that one, but hard to imagine what you have to do in a short time before rage quitting, to lose more SR than you can even have at once!

(The guy that plowed me over at BMB also rage quit from 2nd, true to form. Checkers or wreckers.)

upload_2020-7-30_0-36-45.jpeg

8143079876627300376_0.jpg

Things could have gone better at the Red Bull Ring, but then in hindsight they could have been much worse. It was a tight field, and the split across the entire grid was exactly 1 second. I qualified 13th, and decided to mix things up by starting on Hards. The idea was to pit after Lap 1 and swap to Mediums, to free up the end of the race for a lengthy stint or two on Softs. But at Turn 1 I oversteered on the cold tires and hit the rear of a Mercedes, which had collided with another car and also run wide. The Merc driver obviously took personal offence to this, and attempted revenge by ramming me off on the pit lane entry, thankfully I managed to keep the Aston on the tarmac.
8142516935802782736_0.jpg

With the drama out of the way and Mediums fitted I was underway, and managed to make some decent progress. As more and more cars pitted, I reached as high as 4th place, before pitting again on Lap 10 for softs and some fuel. But emerging from the pits I was back beyond 10th place, and needing another pit for the rest of the required fuel, and some new tires.
8143079878776882200_0.jpg

I should have put some fuel in earlier, and pushed the mediums further, but that’s the joy of hindsight. I ended up 8th, and very nearly had 7th - a Mercedes in 6th place span on the final turn and collided with another car, incurring a 1 second penalty, but I just wasn’t close enough to take advantage. Still, 109 points is one of the best results I’ve had this season, and the intensity of the competition made for a thriller of a race.

Manufacturer Cup

Door #8
Qualified #8
Finish #4
+51 Pts
+800 DR
+ SR S

T1, the 7th place racer went wide, gained a place.
T2, I was going in side by side with 2 other racers and backed out early around the 200m mark. They both collected each other, and I gained 2 places.
T3, got dive bombed by the guy behind me in 6th place, but I saw it coming, and slowed down, and turned in extra late. That guy went in to the sand. :lol:

From lap 1 all the way to end of lap 12, I was behind the 4th place racer by about 0.2 to 0.8 seconds.
He left me room when ever I got along side him, but he always covered the inside line, so I could not pass him. Fun clean racing.

Lap 12 we both dash in to the pits, and I put on mediums, and filled up the tank half way. I came out 4.5 seconds behind him.
The very next lap he went in to the pits, put on mediums, and he ended up about 10.2 seconds behind me.

I maintained that ~10 second gap, and pitted end of Lap 18 for Hards, came out about 1 second ahead of him. Managed to keep it on the road and covered the inside line and finished 4th.

Stayed out of trouble, on the track for the whole race, consistent laps, only had a single 0.5 second penalty for going slightly wide on the last turn.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-29 at 19.23.28 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-29 at 19.23.28.jpeg

Last edited:
Race report and video will be here tomorrow, I helped a friend after my race fix his brakes on his car so I'm tired now haha. But, I did have to interject because...
Btw, who was this guy? I can not believe the chaos one dirty driver can cause.

I'm sorry you guys are having the unfortunate displeasure of being matched with him. I had the misfortune of having him start behind me on Round 12 in Nations, which you can see him in action at 4:35, 11:40, and 12:00 in the video below:

Luckily that race the penalty system actually kind of worked and he kept getting hit with penalty after penalty, dropping him back, but it makes me sad that someone like him is still around ruining people's races. Thankfully I haven't been paired up with him since then, but everyone here should know that he isn't going to drive clean and to be prepared for some 12-year-old Forza-style ramming and blocking from him. I'm not usually one to condone revenge moves, but honestly, punting him into the gravel or purposefully giving him penalties to get him stuck towards the back is probably the only real way to deal with him.

well, i chickened out of yesterdays race, had to much issues with the Renault RSO in corner 2. I was so unstable no matter what set up i had and how i entered the corner

So i decided to use my alt account as I was driving Porsche. I qualified second but was gifited thirst place, think the Irish fellow that had pole position (by about six tenths)DC-ed. At the start I got away to about a three seconds lead but made two mistakes in a row and got penalties for it. A Spanish M6 driver got on my tail and overtook me. Then came the pitstops, switched to hards on lap 12, then to mediums on lap 13.

I was about 9 seconds behind the M6 and about 8 seconds ahead of an Subaru that was on softs. on lap 16 I made a mistake and lost several seconds and the Subaru was cathing me quickly on his fresh softs. Final lap he was right behind me but i could defend and went into the final corner in second place. I was pretty sure the M6 in first did not do correct tyre changes.....

Then in the last corner the Subaru cut the corner, rammed into the side of the Porsche, sending me oftrack. I recovered and followed him over the finish line. He swerved the car in celebration but offcourse got a 1 second penalty for the collision and i was 0.9 seconds behind him........

Anf the M6 got a 1 minute penalty so got a win. But not one i am really pleased with to be honest. But at least good to see the rammer Subaru getting the penalty. Had he not celebrated his "win" by swerving on the track he would propably be more then one second in front of me!!!

the final corner just before the impact:

upload_2020-7-30_8-15-54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back