Votes: 13 28.9%
  • I dont care

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • The game may not come out

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
We've know about 3 coming for a while now. It's in the FM2 general discussions thread. Actually, might be the DLC thread?

Edit:

Oy... some of the comments in there.

tsyunami

Posted Oct 16, 2008 8:12 pm PT

finally drifting in a simulation game...it has to be awesome...im also glad that point to point came back...I was pretty disappointed when it didnt reappear in the second forza

Last edited:
Unfortunately that "Leak" has been old news for a while now, those details were posted nearly 6 months ago and have been widely dismissed as just someones wishlist.

A great looking wishlist but Turn10 have neither confirmed nor denied any of it.

I think that with Turn10 now working on PGR5 we could see the end of the Forza series for a while.....................I hope I'm wrong though.

I think that with Turn10 now working on PGR5 we could see the end of the Forza series for a while.....................I hope I'm wrong though.

Christ... What in gods name would make them think that's a better plan!? Seriously? Did they PLAY PGR4? wait... Turn 10 made PGR? oy... :rolleyes:

2 Disc....switching.... FAIL, this is not the 90's!

I guess there are no screens yet?

Robin

Dude, why do you even post in the 360 forum? Every post I've ever seen from you in here contributes absolutely nothing. Seriously, it's a video game system, you really hate the 360 with that much of a passion?

Last edited:
HAHA 2 discs ... I bet it will look just bit better then forza 2.. Cars and tracks will be deformed... Yeah wont be as impressive but a good game tho.

Ah good old Forza hate, I just love it. All fanboyism with little substance. Yes it's fine to dislike the game but it seems more often then not it's all "OMG FORZA IS TEH SUX".

I've found Forza far more entertaining the GT so I can't wait for the 3rd instalment. I'm not really worried about the 2 discs, probably will be like the old GT2 with arcade on one and simulation/career mode on the other.

400 cars is a bit optimistic though, as is 100 tracks. We've been promise loads of cars and tracks in the past and it never comes, although we eventually get DLC which we have to pay for despite paying $60 for the game. If they do put 400 cars in I do hope they put in more lower end cars because one of best parts about the past ones is that you could turn a little 3-door Civic into a weekend racer and actually make it look like something out of grassroots motorsports. We also don't need a bunch of the same race cars in different liveries. Every car available from the start would be helpful as well as I don't like it when racing games make you unlock things.

More tuning options would be nice as well, I like FM2's tuning options but I think there needs to be more to it. Especially in body modification. Most of the rear spoilers looked awful for the most part as did most of the kits. The same goes for rims too. A better selection of colours in the paint shop would be great also.

An addition of a drift based competition would be nice since my friends and I would spend hours doing drift competitions with the game. An organised thing would make it much easier.

I'm excited and I hope it comes sooner rather then later, but like every game these days it will be rushed, buggy, patched, all while being delayed.

Seriously, it's a video game system, you really hate the 360 with that much of a passion?

I don't 'hate' the 360, Im just suprised at some of MS's decision making thoughout xbox's life. Basically what im saying is why could MS not see the need for a larger future format, the 360's should have been fitted with HDDVD drives from day one. Even if the format has gone bust MS still could have used it as a proprietary game disc format, a bit like the UMD situation. Its almost like the 360 has to be retired early just because the DVD format is getting less and less viable. It would have been the same with Blu Ray and the PS3 if HDDVD won.

Also, there are many games I would kill to have that are xbox exclusive like GOW and Forza plus a lot of my friends are 360 owners and I cant play with them online so its not all Sony sided, sure I have a preference, but its not like a passion. Im just pointing out MS's loonacy just as many 360 owners do in the about Sony's madness in the PS3 forum.

Robin

I agree with Robin...
And Joey D... I am not a fan boy.. but I guess you can call me that.. ;) but hey.. the title states to put my ideas in :D

Yeah Forza 2 has fail because it was not NEXT GEN game, It did not deliver stuff that they promise, and it was not a step up from the first game.
Just take a look at first Forza 2 trailers..

They promised to have realistic tire deformation as in LFS, as well real time as well graphically SPRINGS and SUSPENSION... which is not or really barely visible in FM2 game.. They just fail to deliver.. I think the team is capable of it.. but the 360 is really keeping them from doing that.. they should move to PC, and if they did.. it would be much better sim over GT5P.

PS. Only things they delivered from the trailer was that you can customize the car pretty nicely, crash the car and you can still race (haha), and the wind drag!

I do not think 3rd game will even have same features as the trailer I posted... And This time Forza 3 is going to be real Forza 2 because FM2 felt like FM 1.5

And Joey D... I am not a fan boy.. but I guess you can call me that.. ;)

Yep definitely not a fan boy :rolleyes:

They promised to have realistic tire deformation as in LFS, as well real time as well graphically SPRINGS and SUSPENSION... which is not or really barely visible in FM2 game.. They just fail to deliver.. I think the team is capable of it.. but the 360 is really keeping them from doing that.. they should move to PC, and if they did.. it would be much better sim over GT5P.

Because you developed Forza and know what the 360 can and can't do?

I did not.. but just look at other games... most 360 games are short.. and not much stuff in it.. good example Gears of War 2... less then 8 hour game.. and the creator promised BIGGER and still everyone calls it gears 1.5... same thing with HALO... same thing with forza2... so why should Forza3 be any better then 2?

I did not.. but just look at other games... most 360 games are short.. and not much stuff in it.. good example Gears of War 2... less then 8 hour game.. and the creator promised BIGGER and still everyone calls it gears 1.5...same thing with HALO...

Maybe that was the decision of the developers? If they know the game will sell regardless, they don't have to spend so much time on them. Gears of War 2 was released only about 2 years after the first one. Either way, it was a couple of hours longer than the first game. Shooters are not suppose to be long anyway. The 2nd game did have some improvements, but overall it felt like the first game. In my eyes that isn't really a bad thing, because the first game was great.

same thing with forza2... so why should Forza3 be any better then 2?

Because they had time to improve the game since the 2nd one came out.

I actually had no problems with Forza 2, except they could have had a few more tracks from the start. And the patches they released did not fix much. They can only do so much in a period of time. Just see how long it's taking PD to release GT5. I wouldn't even compare GT5P to FM2.

Forza 2 is hardly a short game, I think I can list at least 10-15 other games I've played on the 360 that aren't short either and I have by no means played everything. I can list games on the PS3 that are short though...but really does it matter? It has nothing to do with the console. You can say the 360's DVD drive is limiting but really who wants a game that lasts a million hours?

All I ever see is a select group of people coming in and saying how much the 360 sucks, or at the very least how much Forza sucks. I will admit Forza has some issues, which I've already started to address in this very thread, but so does everyone's beloved GT.

I said I though Forza was more entertaining then GT. Yes it had flaws like the suspension, lack of cars, lack of DLC, etc. but it still was a very good game and was greatly improved on over the first one.

I'd be curious how many people that criticise the 360 or Forza have owned either one.

I am always interested in what Forza is doing, if Forza 3 has good wheel support and some other things I will seriously consider a Xbox360 just for that.

Forza 2 has some things I wish GT will have but it's not to the point that I would commit to a Xbox for Forza yet.

Forza 2 is the best console racing game to date. No other console sim even comes close. The only other ones have been grid, and gt5p. Neither is in the same league as forza. It had online tournaments, pretty good car customization, pretty good physics, a really good car editor, and pretty good graphics. I am in no way a fanboy of either console. If I had to pick 1 it would be the ps3. But to say forza is not a good racing game is absurd. Either you didn't play it, or you didn't give it a chance.

The only things forza 2 lacked were a in car view, and a good wheel to play the game with. I used the 360 wheel, and it got me by. The g25 would have made that game amazing, but now that fanatec is making a 360 wheel with high end pedals, that is not an issue anymore.

The 360 is also getting race pro. It looks like GT will no longer be enough to hold the ps3 as the sim champ. Race pro, and forza are going to make it really hard to convince people to go playstation just for gran turismo. The only major downfall the xbox has is the red rings, which I have gotten 3 times. It is a major hassle to deal with, but MS does repair it for free. I know 2 people pesonally who have had their ps3 break. They have both had to pay to get it fixed. One had to buy a new hard drive, and the other was charged over 100$ by sony, to fix a 1 week old system.

I can't wait for forza 3, and my porsche 911 clubsport edition to arrive. It's gonna be a great day for console racing sims.

Forza 2 is the best console racing game to date. No other console sim even comes close. The only other ones have been grid, and gt5p. Neither is in the same league as forza. It had online tournaments, pretty good car customization, pretty good physics, a really good car editor, and pretty good graphics. I am in no way a fanboy of either console. If I had to pick 1 it would be the ps3. But to say forza is not a good racing game is absurd. Either you didn't play it, or you didn't give it a chance.

The only things forza 2 lacked were a in car view, and a good wheel to play the game with. I used the 360 wheel, and it got me by. The g25 would have made that game amazing, but now that fanatec is making a 360 wheel with high end pedals, that is not an issue anymore.

The 360 is also getting race pro. It looks like GT will no longer be enough to hold the ps3 as the sim champ. Race pro, and forza are going to make it really hard to convince people to go playstation just for gran turismo. The only major downfall the xbox has is the red rings, which I have gotten 3 times. It is a major hassle to deal with, but MS does repair it for free. I know 2 people pesonally who have had their ps3 break. They have both had to pay to get it fixed. One had to buy a new hard drive, and the other was charged over 100$ by sony, to fix a 1 week old system.

I can't wait for forza 3, and my porsche 911 clubsport edition to arrive. It's gonna be a great day for console racing sims.

Totally agree there with all of that and especially a big "Me Too!" with the "I can't wait for forza 3, and my porsche 911 clubsport edition to arrive" Bit.

Once the Fanatec wheel opens the doors for a good wheel for the 360 I think that the PS3 is really going to struggle to keep a racing fanbase.

Over the last couple of days I have started playing GT5P again and really enjoyed the offline races and the handling but it still doesn't have that bit which keeps me going back to Forza2 for another play and keeps me organising online league races on FM2.

I bought my XBox specifically for Forza2 and have never regretted it.

Luckily I got my PS3 free with a mobile phone contract, but had I bought it for racing I would be a very disappointed customer indeed, the only reason I go back to it every now and then is so that I can get a fix of that sweet force feedback with my DFP that my DFX doesn't provide. (And to race with my mates on Ferrari Challenge)

400 cars is a bit optimistic though, as is 100 tracks. We've been promise loads of cars and tracks in the past and it never comes, although we eventually get DLC which we have to pay for despite paying $60 for the game.

Yeah in dev terms, "100" tracks really is 20... Short Version, GT version, Regular Version, Forward and Backward... that makes it "100"... classic back of the box garble. GT is not any better tho.

Sure Forza 2 may win for best console racing because of stuff you could do.. But it wont win in SIMULATION aspect.. Cars in FM2 did not behave as real cars.. they were over the top... GT5P is more sim then FM2.. Also I bet GT5 will be more sim then FM3.. FM series is more for CASUAL gamer type of guys... Because it took me few LAPS and beat many people online then it does with GT5P. GT5P feels like driving a real car, slippery, solid, and HIGH learning curve.. FM2 was just too easy to pick up.. So yeh for me GT5P wins in SIM aspect. Even many reviews say that FM2 was SIM/Arcade mix of racer.

The GT series isn't realistic either, really the only console racer I've ever played that is true to life is Enthusia.

GT5P isn't very realistic at least with the MINI Cooper S (as it's the only car I've driven from the game). Forza 2 does a slightly better job with it but it isn't perfect.

I don't care about this retarded fanboy talk, but you'd all rather have PGR5 then FM3? Serious...?

To me....FM3 because I can tell that the engine sounds will be or might be better(I hope). is not like there gonna get worse right? But I dont care about the realistic hadleling. Your gonna be playing with the controller anyways right? and with the wireless sterring wheel that dosent go 900 degrees, not real driving either. as long as I can enjoy some engine sounds in sorround sound, and play in HD. also upgrading your car cool the way you want it to. it will be a great game. Cant wait for the drifting.
I especially hope you can do wide bodys and more swaps

To me....FM3 because I can tell that the engine sounds will be or might be better(I hope). is not like there gonna get worse right? But I dont care about the realistic hadleling. Your gonna be playing with the controller anyways right? and with the wireless sterring wheel that dosent go 900 degrees, not real driving either. as long as I can enjoy some engine sounds in sorround sound, and play in HD. also upgrading your car cool the way you want it to. it will be a great game. Cant wait for the drifting.
I especially hope you can do wide bodys and more swaps

At this point... I'm pretty much over SIM, if I want SIM physics I'll get in my car and drive. I want a game I can throw on and have a blast, wasted half a days time and not even know it. FM2 is the closest thing to that. I would be doing that now with FM2, but the lack of an in car view as well as replay kills stuff. If I do go on FM2 these days it's in the test drive.

To be honest, a wheel sounds nice but seriously... I've had 3 so far and I've probably only used them a handful of times. Then you gotta worry about where to store it when you're not using it. I'm just fine on the 360 controller and it's actually my fav controller to this point so I have no problem with it.

If they can improve the graphics quality of the cars and the damage in FM3 I'll be happy. I think the customization is good in FM2, but not great. I kinda feel like asking for MORE mods and especially GOOD mods is kinda asking too much at least for now.

I can see Turn 10 pulling an EA like in NFS and keeping the same sorry ass turn 10 spoilers and rear exhaust as in FM2. I'd be kinda surprised if they actually worked on making it realistic for FM3.

The GT series isn't realistic either, really the only console racer I've ever played that is true to life is Enthusia.

GT5P isn't very realistic at least with the MINI Cooper S (as it's the only car I've driven from the game). Forza 2 does a slightly better job with it but it isn't perfect.

For me it's the other way around ;) 👍

By the way you play GT5P with Wheel or not...? If not with a wheel.. thats the problem ;)
GT5P has one of the best force feedback out on any console.. and even beats PC sim racers.. (except iRacing)

I don't care about this retarded fanboy talk, but you'd all rather have PGR5 then FM3? Serious...?

Depends. I enjoy the PGR titles more than Forza, but thats because I like the sim/arcade balance that the games give off. That, and they look absolutely beautiful on my HDTV when you're doing the in-car views. I'm actually looking forward to what Turn10 can bring to the franchise, as a little more realism could be very interesting instead of being able to do drifts in a CCX for the length of a football field.

That all being said, I agree with Joey that many of these rumors are likely hogwash. I wouldn't push the car count too much higher than 250, maybe 300. The track list likely won't be anywhere near 100, presumably closer to 50 or less, likely re-do models of tracks seen in the origional title. Not that I'm complaining, I really miss the point-to-point races.

Back