Gran Turismo 3 & 4 All Cars/Colours + Game Starts Save Game(s) Pack

Should I Still Release Save Games Of All Used Cars Restored To New?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • This option has been mothballed and won't come out in the final save pack.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hhmm, I would still like to know why it has went like this though and did you convert it right?
Yeah, I did the .PSV convert, and sent that as a X-Port 2 file using PS2 Save Builder with a BASUS US PS2 save file (US)

Yeah, I did the .PSV convert, and sent that as a X-Port 2 file using PS2 Save Builder with a BASUS US PS2 save file (US)

Ah Hell, if anyone else comes through and has the same problems and reports them, I might pull the save files tbh, they'll be no good if everyone can't fully enjoy them, when you get chance can you get a ISO of action replay and try and uncrush it to your virtual memory card from action replay. that's how I would do it coz I have action replay, but primarily I just transfer the save files straight from my ps3 to my ps2 memory card.

Maybe instead of converting straight to X-Port, try converting to action replay, then saving, then convert the action replay save to X-Port maybe a long shot but might work.

So am now making saved games with al starts but with every single car available from the start of the game also same will be done for GT3 as well. :)

@JakeMR2 I have found that your regions code for GT3 is SCUS-97102 not BASUS

might be worth a try to see if the saves I have made can actually be made to work properly.

Last edited:
@JakeMR2 I have found that your regions code for GT3 is SCUS-97102 not BASUS

might be worth a try to see if the saves I have made can actually be made to work properly.
When the US data is saved onto the memcard it turns into a BASUS save type meaning some of the U.K. portions of the game default to a Japanese local texture in the data.

When the US data is saved onto the memcard it turns into a BASUS save type meaning some of the U.K. portions of the game default to a Japanese local texture in the data.
Okay mate, thanks for that, its a shame coz there is no solving that unfortunately. :sadface: oh well. :Smiley:

Hey there! Great thread!
I have a question though. I wasn't sure where else on the forum that I should ask a question like this, but since you seem to be familiar with the Action Replay, I thought I'd ask you.

Is there any possible way to obtain cars in the North American version of the game that normally aren't included? For example, the Honda HSC Concept and the Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT. I have an Action Replay Max, if that's needed.
I know that the Acura HSC and Infiniti G35 are basically the same as the cars listed above, but I would love to have all versions fir the sake of collecting.

Hey there! Great thread!
I have a question though. I wasn't sure where else on the forum that I should ask a question like this, but since you seem to be familiar with the Action Replay, I thought I'd ask you.

Is there any possible way to obtain cars in the North American version of the game that normally aren't included? For example, the Honda HSC Concept and the Nissan Skyline Coupe 350GT. I have an Action Replay Max, if that's needed.
I know that the Acura HSC and Infiniti G35 are basically the same as the cars listed above, but I would love to have all versions fir the sake of collecting.

Hi there,

Unfortunately I am honestly not fully sure but if I had to hazard a semi educated Guess I would probably say no, I could quite easily be wrong but both versions of the game's code does differ slightly that's why its a pain to get US Codes working over here.

If it's any consolation to you, I tried a few different conversions for your Full Garage code that WILL NOT! work over here so I am currently buying every single car manually lol for upcoming updates to the save pack.

I don't know if you or anyone that reads this could do something like this but; get PCSX2, use an EU BIOS and get an EU iso of GT4, find the codes for the cars in the PAL game, using something like HXD Which is my personal preference for hex editing and if anyone with knowledge of how to convert hex code to cheat device code for the PAL game, then I will be more than happy to convert that to a US code for you to try. :)

Might be a long shot but could be worth it. :)

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I think I have purchased and got every single car available in GT Mode 731 in total this does include the Stealth cars restored to brand New and also the Audi Autounion is available unlike Arcade mode.

Only problem is the amount of days that's been passed as a result of buying the cars; so if you are really anal about your days passed in game all I can do is offer my apologies, unless someone can write and Action Replay Max code that can reverse the days, then I will happily update the pack with the days corrected.

Watch this space for the update. :)

UPDATE:

I think I have purchased and got every single car available in GT Mode 731 in total this does include the Stealth cars restored to brand New and also the Audi Autounion is available unlike Arcade mode.

Only problem is the amount of days that's been passed as a result of buying the cars; so if you are really anal about your days passed in game all I can do is offer my apologies, unless someone can write and Action Replay Max code that can reverse the days, then I will happily update the pack with the days corrected.

Watch this space for the update. :)
Will do once I get a PAL GT4 disc off the internet, most integer values are easy to find like days and money.

Will do once I get a PAL GT4 disc off the internet, most integer values are easy to find like days and money.
That would be great ma friend.

I done everything in minimal days so the licence tests/coffe breaks and car rewards passes 100 days so we would be on day 101 then plus 38 days I think for missions and car rewards from them would take us to day 139.

I have a new problem which I hope is not a symptom with our saved games, in GT3 arcade mode I can not load a garage from memory card 2?

it just keeps the garage that was loaded with the game?

This is a pretty serious issue to me. If anyone could offer any help I would be much obliged.

I must be using the load garage facility wrong in GT3 am I right in thinking you have car A on Memory card one and you can load garage from slot 2 With Car B on and then you can go to an arcade race and go to your memory card for a car and car B should be there?

Danger averted!

Its says in the GT3 manual that the "Load Garage" Feature is only for use in 2 player battle and so that is why it wasn't working for me in single player arcade. :doh:

@JakeMR2 can I have a go at converting my save game for you please, I can't forget about that japan glitch thing, I can't let it go mr O.C.D. Here? Coz I have converted NTSC saves to PAL and they're fine for me?

Another version of the save pack has been released and can be found on the updated first post

Thanks

Last edited:
Yep Adam & Bob... Getting all colors of your fav cars requires tons a patience, that's for sure. The one thing that I wish GT4 did was rotate the colors as you win a race over and over again. Getting the repeat colors, (doubles, triples, etc etc etc, of various fav cars) , can almost make ya give up. When I was going for the last two colors I needed of the PFGT I thought there might be a trick to it, but I never did find any trying various cars, colors, and other change ups. It just seems to be a random luck thing I guess. By the time I got the last missing colors I had so many repeat colors in my garage that the first 8 pages + were all PFGT's which equated to running the 24 hour over 80 times to get the final two (orange and white for me). The good news is... ya get to know the tracks so well ya can run 'em almost blind lol...

Oh, I didn't vote on the GT3, cause I never actually finished that one, cause by the time I got even close, GT4 had already come out. I just did the one time transfer to GT4 at that time... So on the GT3 release, it's just a matter of personal choice. Personally, although it can take many years, I think it's more fun to play the game all the way through as it was intended.

I've now been cruising around all the tracks, real slow, looking for odd stuff, (similar to the Smoke and Big Tree thing or the Nike Morse Code), but also looking for other oddities that may have been overlooked in the past. If I find anything out of the ordinary I'll soon report...

Such a late reply to this but now the save pack is finally done, you can now just transfer the save file with all the f1 cars onto another me mory card and buy the last colours to your primary save game. :)

Yep, it is the PAL version of Tokyo Xtreme Racer: Drift 2. However, it is a great game to play if you like touge and drifting.

Edit: To make a pretty good save for GT3, use the MK's editor. One of the very useful tools to get all cars in all colors, the only problem is that the game has a 200 car limit.

hey bro can you help me out with MK´seditor?

yes, is the garage editor GT3gEditV38, i saw videos on youtube and i went crazy cars with 60,000 hp and i wanted to do that with my garage cars but, dont have a clue how to do it, i downloaded every single tool needed to do it but dont know how to use it.

i have the game shark disc, everything else is software .exe
I remember trying something like that as well, there was an option on the garage editor but it was just greyed out, we couldn't use it, I'm not sue if it was maybe the horsepower, I think tbh you don't need the garage editor to do that, I think there is gameshark, action replay max or codebreaker codes for power modifier on first car in garage and stuff, pretty common and east to find, look for them, there is a lot of modifier codes I think that's how the do it, or they hex edit the power if its running on pcsx2

yeah i can modify the horsepower of the 20 first car in the garage with the game shark but each car has its limitation speed, thats what i wanted to modify, you dont know how to do that?

Ah thank you very much, I am still wanting to write a much better readme guide on how to get them working and converted for PAL and NTSC If you get stuck inbox me and I'll help. :)

and unfortunately no, I wouldn't know how to do that, any editing I can do is the very base monkey editing, that anyone could do, only think I could suggest is poke around MKS g3geditv38.

Last edited:
Right, I have decided a few things.

1 I will be releasing a V3 version of this pack and will include all NTSC Cars and colours for Gran Turismo 3 I will finally be writing a very simple but in-depth at the same time guide o how to convert the save games in the packs from PAL .PSV to any other region and any format apart from To PSV as I don't think there is a program that con convert anything back to a PSV file.

2 I might also consider converting all my saves to .max as lots people have action replay max.

okay, so since I have not been able to find any help that would enable us to buy the hidden cars in gt3 simulation mode, I have decided to scrap the idea, I won't be releasing the saves with the hidden/secret cars in, as I couldn't find any document that listed all internal names of them, plus any hidden parts for them, there is however, a couple already in, the Lamborghini Nomad Diablo is in and buyable, so is the M-Spec Skyline and the lania stratos road and rally car (both unbuyable), sorry about that to anyone who might have wanted them all in sim mode. :)

I was thinking about adding a donate button to the V3 pack when it comes out but A no one is really here no more and B not sure if anything would be made from it plus taking money off people is one of my weaknesses.

It is an open idea not sure though, no it by NO menas, means you have to pay for anything, it is TOTALLY up to you the individual to either use it or ignore it.

Back