Gran Turismo 7 "Coming Soon"?

I personally think, the fia gt Saison next year won’t get hold on GT Sport base anymore, so my conclusion is GT7 have to come out until spring

Look at the numbers on the cars shown.

2 and 23.

February 23rd? I'd bet on it...

Edit: ah, there's an 11 at the end too... That would be November... Dang it! Now I'm not sure again.

I don't know if the car numbers might mean anything as some speculate. Wouldn't rely on it.

2, 23 and 11?

PD has figured out time travel and retroactively launched GT7 on Feb. 23rd, 2011.

I find it surprising that Gran Turismo Twitter/Facebook/Whatever is keeping up the interest in GT7 with a "Coming Soon" for today.

Insomniac Games or Guerrilla Games don't it, for example.

That's one of the reasons why I believe that GT7 will be released in 2021, first half.

I'm talking about not only allowing players to report and get others banned by cutting parts of the reported voice chat and overall take the conversation out of context, but also the terms and conditions that state that you're not allowed to talk negatively about the chinese communist party, or china in general. The latter is currently only for hong kong, but remember: Sony ''supported'' Burn Loot & Murder over in america while advocating for police brutality in asia.

Here is where I heard the news from:
I checked on this, so you wouldn't have to. It's for users with "China Mainland" as a country of residence - which Hong Kong SAR is not. Here's your link:
https://www.playstation.com/en-hk/l...-network-terms-of-service-and-user-agreement/

As you're flying the Microsoft flag with your payoff line there, you might want to check in on what Microsoft's position on Black Lives Matter, and with Xbox Live in China, is before getting too comfortable with punching at Sony's...

... and with that, back we go to the GT7 topic.

Last edited:
I really want GT7 but I also want to leave it as long as possible before getting a PS5 so if it comes out I will want a P$5 sooner rather than later.

Well that was an unexpected plot twist on my night away from the console/PC.

Hopefully this does mean 'Soon', everything is in place and ready I just need the game and the console now and I'm all set for hopefully a long while playing through GT7 and sharing my new creations!

I'm firmly of the thought we will know the release date around 3 months prior to release at the latest. It could be a bit less, it could be a lot more, but I don't see it coming out this year. No release date has been provided to retailers yet, but whose to say a release date annoucenemtn won't come out tomorrow.

If "soon" really does mean "soon" in this context and not just "it's coming" then we could see a strategically timed annoucenement just post the PS5 launch to help keep console orders high. But soon is highly open to interpretation, soon can be minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years etc.

I'd be inclined to take years off the table when saying something is coming soon in relation to computer game release dates, but it could also just be a badly chosen word by whoever manages that account.

Tangentially it could also just mean more news is coming soon. It'll be interesting to see what happens, but I'm sure we're all hopeful GT7 is ready and will meet our expections as soon as possible.

Last edited:
GT Sport PS5 version?
A little nitpicky perhaps, but it kinda depends on your terminology.

There are quite a few games that are coming out on both PS4 and PS5.
In that case, those games have a 'PS5 version'.

GT Sport, like almost all PS4 games, can be played on the PS5.
It will probably get a bump in frame rate and/or graphics via the Game Boost function, and maybe some haptic feedback functions, but I wouldn't call it a 'PS5 version'. ;)

Had anyone seen this? ⏲ #GT7 #PS5
For me its the biggest note, its 12 o clock, a I see. It seems for me a release, definitely to holidays, like PS5. The Ps5 was in the post written, too. A reference?!?

Last edited:
Had anyone seen this? ⏲ #GT7 #PS5
For me its the biggest note, its 12 o clock, a I see. It seems for me a release, definitely to holidays, like PS5. The Ps5 was in the post written, too. A reference?!?
That's more likely reading too much into nothing. The odds are GT7 will not release this year, it would not be in Sony's interest to not promote the game or confirm the release date this close to launch.

Some people keep responding with "yeah but 2020 has been an unusual year" which is very true, and it is also precisely why they would be even less likely to take such an unnecessary risk with not marketing the games release until late.

We've already had weeks of people adamant GT7 could be a launch title without a whisper from Sony that it would be. We will know the release date when Sony tell us it, and they probably will tell us the launch date 3+ months ahead of that date.

Last edited:
Man, it's so easy to hoodwink people on this site into believing that a release date is 'coming soon' when if there was, then we'd get an actual news release from Sony or Polyphony. Was this what it was like when GT5 was announced, when Polyphony kept lying and pushing back the release date until we were pretty much right at the back end of the generation?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back