Gran Turismo 7 "Coming Soon"?

Look at the numbers on the cars shown.

2 and 23.

February 23rd? I'd bet on it...
More like Feb 2023, and with the timescales PD work in, that could be considered 'soon'. :( :rolleyes: :lol:

Seriously though, if they are saying 'soon', it had better be within 6 months, or they are just trolling potential buyers.

11/2/23...would not surprise me at all.

****, now I'm thinking of November 2, 2023.

That's faaar tooo looong.... 6 year dev.

They can't make excuses anymore for long development like 6 years, they have decent hardware not like PS3 and mustn't release another barebones launch game which they are outsourcing now to benefit from the issue.

4 years or maybe 3 and half year's?

Late or mid 2021

That's faaar tooo looong.... 6 year dev.

They can't make excuses anymore for long development like 6 years, they have decent hardware not like PS3 and mustn't release another barebones launch game which they are outsourcing now to benefit from the issue.

4 years or maybe 3 and half year's?

Late or mid 2021

I was joking though XD.

But it is really weird that PD only have ONE trailer until now, comparing to tons of trailers from previous games.

That's really unusual.

But it is really weird that PD only have ONE trailer until now, comparing to tons of trailers from previous games.

That's really unusual.

Same with Horizon: Forbidden West though and Horizon: Zero Dawn released mid 2017 (IIRC) not far off GT Sport launch and we have nothing from either games.

Both of them might release 2021 with 4 year development?

Whenever they wish to release it, just don't give us a broken game upon release like GTS for **** sake!

Last edited by a moderator:
I still doubt if PD has finished the development of GT7.
Anyway a release date earlier than 2023 is a victory for me - it’s just some expect-less strategy.

Please delete this thread. Sickening to see all these dumb theories.
Sickening is maybe too strong a word, but I also find this type of 'soon' announcement and reporting on it a bit thin.

Having said that if it generates traffic on this website and keeps the lights on I don't mind it, as long there isn't too much 'soon' type articles.

Honestly., this is absolutely ridiculous. How long has it been since they revealed the trailer? Since June!?

Sony and PD are absolutely trolling us with holding any crum of info regarding GT7. I am starting to get sick of this. First it was the hush hush mindset with PS5, now its with GT7.

How long is PD going to make us wait for any info? It has been MONTHS and personally i feel it is totally disrespectful to the fans to show us a new GT and than fall off the face of the planet like that. Its cruel and disrespectful to fans. I cant even consider WHEN id buy a PS5 because Sony wont even confirm or deny if GT7 will be a launch title, or release within the coming weeks/months. Like we dont matter at all. Screw GT7.

Last edited:
Well this has been quite an entertaining topic, so much mix of opinions.

Me personally I hope that Soon does indeed mean what it says, I'm not expecting day one but I have always been of firm believe it was going to be
around launch or soon after and given the previous December releases for Gran Turismo games everything seems to be falling into place.

I do agree one point though that after the big announcement in June I was expecting we might see some news but PD do seem to have gone into hiding since but hopefully that shall soon start to be addressed if they have planned a reveal date etc based on recent posts.

I believe they will just randomly upload a new trailer on the PlayStation YouTube channel within the next 3 months and that's when they might reveal the release date

the "coming soon" could be related to the news concerning the release of GT7 ... (Classical PD style ..)

IR

Release date, at the end of world finals with a new teaser, my think.

This is actually possible what might be happening, net news will likely be when the world final for 2020 takes place and then PD throw the "uno" reverse card and reveal GT7 at end of World Finals?

Well this has been quite an entertaining topic, so much mix of opinions.

Me personally I hope that Soon does indeed mean what it says, I'm not expecting day one but I have always been of firm believe it was going to be
around launch or soon after and given the previous December releases for Gran Turismo games everything seems to be falling into place.

I do agree one point though that after the big announcement in June I was expecting we might see some news but PD do seem to have gone into hiding since but hopefully that shall soon start to be addressed if they have planned a reveal date etc based on recent posts.
Nothing is falling into place for a December 2020 release, all we have a vague facebook post that uses the words "coming soon", what is coming soon? The release date? An announcement? Another trailer? We don't know.

What is the definition of "soon" in this post? 2 months? 3 months? 6 months? Again we don't know. Could the choice of words simply be misjudged and what it actually means is just that "it's coming"? We don't know. Getting hyped that GT7 is releasing this December is just setting yourself up for dissapointment IMO.

What we do know is that there is no release date yet, there has been no marketing push towards a release and for the game to release in 1-2 months based on that is extrememly unlikely. So I'd say the pieces are suggesting it won't release this year. It's not impossible for a AAA game to release with little to no makreting prior, but it's extremely odd and the gains from marketing a AAA game properly are massive.

There are clear benefits to marketing a game and releasing information well in advance of it's release and I can't think of any benefits that would outweigh those to not releasing anything until just before the game goes gold. There's a reason companies spend updawards of £50m on marketing to promote thier games, that's because it works. Really well.

Last edited:
Back