Gran Turismo 7 "Coming Soon"?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 7' started by GTPNewsWire, Oct 21, 2020.

1. SnakeOfBacon

SnakeOfBacon

This is a hype generator for an announcement of a date for a trailer of a trailer with a release quarter announcement, we will have the game in 17 months or less.

sundaydriving likes this.
  2. ReverbRacing84

ReverbRacing84 Premium

My guess, it could be another trailer for GT7.

Ddkklop and Auto motors like this.
  3. gigio79

gigio79

GT7? No before summer 2021, Due to covid 19 the work has been strongly reduced.

SuperKlonoaGT likes this.
  4. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

They had enough time to push out a demo,with a working chop shop, and they work harder than a rock, so I don't get what you mean.

Also, they take covid precautions as well.

NekoPufferPPP and fordlaser like this.
  5. Dave A

Dave A Premium

I don't think any of us really know how much COVID has interferred with the games development, however developing a game is something you can do remotely. There's no reason for it to have had to have caused significant delays if they managed the work correctly.

6. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

If it affected Square Enix (and it did, their CEO has gone on record recently to say that, "Time had stood still," for them), safe to say it affected PD and other companies in Japan as well.

7. Dave A

Dave A Premium

We don't know what the extent is though, if any, that's my point. About 1/3rd of game developers surveyed by GDC said COVID caused delays, the other 2/3rds said it didn't.

The fact it impacted Square Enix is not confirmation that it impacted Polyphony. It may have done, but there's a high chance it didn't cause any delays. How developers responded to the pandemic and lockdowns and how fast they responded to it and preempted the impact it went on to have would be key.

8. Samus

Samus

I'm not a developer but I'd imagine making a story driven open world game is far harder to do remotely than a racing game. Every decision made in the former is going to need consultation, ideas bounced around, and so on. That will still happen on some aspects of a racing game but the core work of modelling is easily done remotely, especially when PD say each car is done by one person. Physics, sound, lighting etc might need more consultation but far simpler with clear goals, not an ever changing story.

I'm sure they have been affected but I think racing games are going to be the least affected.

SuperKlonoaGT likes this.
  9. SuperKlonoaGT

SuperKlonoaGT

Hm, fair enough, then. But given all the rumors last year, it's likely that, without Covid, they would've hit launch.

At least that's what I'd like to believe. In before "lol no pd would've likely delayed it regardless."

*shrug*

Dave A likes this.
  10. CLowndes888

CLowndes888 Premium

I don't PD were ever going to release GT7 in 2020. I was surprised to see the "launch title" rumors because GT has never been a launch title. I don't think COVID has impeded their development cycle.

11. smoothbore12

smoothbore12

From my point of view the only thing will happen after the realise of ps5 ,is that the lucky ones that preorder it ,will have the chance to play GT Sport on ps5 .
    Entering at 2021 on the supposition that Sony can feed the market with enough available ps5 worldwide ,then we can wait the " soon" to be more specific .
    Covid19 also affect many areas ( almost everything) worldwide so its logical to have a delay or problems on production , shipment , development etc. that we are unable to know exactly and after all there is no reason for that .
    I guess that they " care " more than us to bring things soon and on time after all.
    GT sport keep updating ,ps5 owners will have the chance to play it on their new console and that seems the project for the " tree" of GT funs.
    Ps 5 is a big "forest " and GT7 only a part of it , we're talking about fun and they talk about make money the best possible way which is a huge difference .

12. NickXP

NickXP

I wouldn’t mind if it got released in late 2021 as long as we get a beta version much sooner like with gt sport

13. GordonS

GordonS

GT7 Beta version?
    If I remember correctly the GTS Beta was mainly for testing the then new online approach.
    Why would they release beta this time? In my opinion it would be just a waste of time + dilution of the real deal.

14. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

Possibly to test out a few features, and online, like Sport.

Auto motors likes this.
  15. 05XR8

05XR8

Testing out the online traffic signal program.:sly: Hey, there are monorails and bullet trains in GT SPORT, would hate to encounter a faulty RR crossing signal, in a rural location. ;)

HyperzCars likes this.
  16. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

If Gran Turismo 7 has Sport Mode, all online save and the FIA and their Rear Wheel Drive Rules, I am not buying the PS5. Its time Polyphony Digital went back to their old roots and replaced private only lobbys and full ghosting. 2014 to 2020, still no full on Gran Turismo on the PS4? You would have thought GT7 would be have been a release title . . . . . All that time and still Gran Turismo suffering from its own "Penalty"

17. letsdothis97

letsdothis97

Man i told myself I wouldnt get the PS5 this year as im saving up for PC parts but damn if GT7 comes with its GT4 style career mode ill do it I think I wont be able to stop myself, I got a PS4 just for GT Sport and persona 5 so I guess ill have no choice but to get a PS5.

sundaydriving and Auto motors like this.
  18. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

Its Polyphony Digital. They go slow, still make loads of mistakes and the only real victim of SLOW DOWN PENALTY 0.500 is Polyphony Digital. GT Sport is just like Sport Mode "Disconnected from . . . . Its actual real fanbase" That is not customer service. Slightly Mad Studios got 3 full on Project Cars on the PS4 Console, yes 3. Three? Three. Three. THREE WOWWWW LOL. Three. Gran Turismo, the PlayStation Flagship Title cant even manage 1 :( That is diabolical in every way possable.

19. snc

snc

on the other hand people still playing gt sport (it's probably more popular than pc3 realesed this year not to mention on ps4 pc2 and 1 are dead now), also they double content of gt sport since the release so they could do nothing and realsese gt sport 2 in 2019 with double content

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    HyperzCars and DemioXDTourng like this.
  20. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

And the fact that it sold over 10 million copies, so it made them big bucks,

There's also the fact that, for the first time ever (excluding gt sport updates), they will outsource car models.

21. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

GT Sport been out since 2017 and GT7 may not be a PS5 release title. Both are bad games.

22. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

You are aware that it's a spinoff right?

Auto motors likes this.
  23. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

Not until after i got it. I will give GT7 a miss. It appears to be keeping Sport Mode and the online focus. Thats not how Gran Turismo became famous.

24. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

Here are a list of spinoffs
    Tourist Trophy
    GT Concept
    HD Concept
    The Academy games (though those are also demos, they aren't named direct demos so these go here)
    And Sport.
    And by your logic:
    The Forza Horizon series, Shift series Both DiRT Rally's, and DiRT Showdown are mainline games.

Auto motors likes this.
  25. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

Played all dirt. Gt spin off games also had full on games on ps1 ps2 and ps3. Ps4 meanwhile, nothing. I think GT7 will start off with old Gran Turismo been added in updates and GT7 will have Sport Mode at the start to try to win over more online players. If it failed with PS4 whats to say it will take off on the PS5?

26. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

People ramming you isn't Kaz's fault, neither is the races chosen, oh and did you even try to use circuit experience?

27. Famine

Famine Administrator

Can you tell me what any of this has to do with GT7?

Or, for that matter, what it even means? It's littered with spelling errors, dropped capitals, and sentence run-ons - and at least one factual inaccuracy.

Please take time and care over your posts, and put them in the right places.

ProjectF, Quakebass, Aero2000 and 6 others like this.
  28. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

Thanks for letting me know. Removed the gt sport convo from the texts and altered so its inline with GT7.

29. DemioXDTourng

DemioXDTourng

I would too, but I'm a lazy person, so it'll just be something to "archive" what you posted.

HyperzCars likes this.
  30. HyperzCars

HyperzCars

:lol: its lockdown so i decided to respect this is the GT7 forum and not GT Sport and i should really admit i didnt have a clue about that either :lol: So to end the convo in a nice way, lets hope GT7 has more old Gran Turismo and i shall wait and read the reviews, maybe, one day, if i can to can be bothered :cheers: