Gran Turismo 7 Launch to "Shift From 2021 to 2022"

• Thread starter GlamFM
  • 427 comments
I'm going to have to double down on my posted guesstimate from last year...

December 23, 2022 - 25th anniversary of Gran Turismo release date :cheers:
I can see a $100+ gift set incoming...I'm kinda have to set a reminder lol.

No-one would today release on 23. of December a game. Too late for holiday sell!

Last edited:
No-one would today release on 23. of December a game. Too late for holiday sell!
Pre-orders, and the increasing number of digital downloads. Not saying that would be the date, but if they wanted to have that date for the significance of it, it may harm sales a bit, but maybe not as much as it once may have.

Also, on a very pessimistic thought, should the world be in a similar situation to how it is now, with no essential shops open because of lockdown in the UK at least, there would be no shops open to buy it in, so when it is on sale would be less of a significant thing for how having stock in physical shops affected sales. Of course we all hope that things have drastically changed nearly 2 years down the line, but you never know.

Anniversary dates are nice and all but nobody is going to risk sales just to have a nice date. It would still be the 25th anniversary if they released it early December and just as meaningful. Only the biggest nerds are going to know or care it's the "wrong" day.

Mind you they'd have to adjust history anyway, given that they released GT6 as a 15th anniversary game in 2013.

Now, no one will know how the pandemic will go further this year and next year? I wouldn’t held my hands into fire for a release in 2022.. Who knows if they actually have stopped their development nearly completely and will at least continue in 2022 when the situation it will allows?

Last edited:
In 2022 Polyphony will inform us the game will be delayed until 2023.
No, Polyphony gives us only an interview with bla, bla, and there comes out a Info under some circumstances like this delay

Maybe, it will come before GTA6,

GT and GTA in one year and with probably a car on cover could irritate the customers ^^

Last edited:
Thank you, I will try later!
It can look like this (ultrawide 21:9 2560x1080)

Anyway. It seems like that PS5 wont be available in big numbers for this year also. So postponing such a big title like GT7 wont do any harm :)

And the problem with DS5s also needs cure.

Last edited:

That's actually quite sad. GT6 was for the 15th anniversary, and then GT7 is for the 25th.

At least there was a game in between them

That's actually quite sad. GT6 was for the 15th anniversary, and then GT7 is for the 25th.

At least there was a game in between them
That is a sad thought, and that is if it makes the 25th anniversary. :rolleyes: :(

Potentially 10 years between two 'proper' GT games, and a whole console generation skipped. :banghead:

Potentially 10 years between two 'proper' GT games, and a whole console generation skipped. :banghead:[/QUOTE]
sorry, but that’s not fair. GT Sport now is a nearly „complete“ racing-game, too. Okay, maybe not so much content like the previous ones, but much more detailed. Between them is a difference like day and night. For me, today they older ones are a bit aged, but GT Sport has for me a classic modern look, amazing. For me, it’s my actual favorite racing game.

and I have to give to, today I like more to play multiplayer as singleplayer. So a huger singleplayer-part is not so much important for me.

Last edited:
Gt5 took long because the ps3 was a nightmare not to mention how GT5 literally tried to fit in so much on a console that was a nightmare to work with.

Gt5 tried to become the jack of all trades. I dont think GT7 will end up like this. GT7 wont take like 5 years.
I think you are forgetting that PD has said in the past that for 1 person to put a car in GT Sport (which uses the same game engine as GT7) takes 6 months. In GT5 it took them a few weeks if I remember correctly. That is because cars in GT SPORT are wayyyyyy more detailed than they are in GT5, so you are wrong.

Also if you know simple mathematics :

2022 (GT7’s release date)
- 2017 (GT SPORT’s release date)
———————————————
5 years

Last edited:
It can look like this (ultrawide 21:9 2560x1080)

Anyway. It seems like that PS5 wont be available in big numbers for this year also. So postponing such a big title like GT7 wont do any harm :)

And the problem with DS5s also needs cure.

Hopefully it will pickup. I want to get my hands on a PS5.

There's a problem with the DS5

Last edited:
I think you are forgetting that PD has said in the past that for 1 person to put a car in GT Sport (which uses the same game engine as GT7) takes 6 months. In GT5 it took them a few weeks if I remember correctly. That is because cars in GT SPORT are wayyyyyy more detailed than they are in GT5, so you are wrong.

Also if you know simple mathematics :

2022 (GT7’s release date)
- 2017 (GT SPORT’s release date)
———————————————
5 years
GT5 was already at the 6 months mark
Way back in GT4 days it was a few weeks

Yes GT5 was given as 6 months, then for GT6 they said this:

In recent years, CAD data of actual cars are often provided to Gran Turismo thanks to our strong partnerships with automotive manufacturers and as a consequence, the time to understand the design of the car has been drastically reduced. The same cannot be said for the development time: a model will still take 6 months to create, and that is because the time and costs saved in the research phase are re-distributed into modelling to further improve the quality of the final product.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170816050011/http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/cars/

Potentially 10 years between two 'proper' GT games, and a whole console generation skipped. :banghead:
sorry, but that’s not fair. GT Sport now is a nearly „complete“ racing-game, too. Okay, maybe not so much content like the previous ones, but much more detailed. Between them is a difference like day and night. For me, today they older ones are a bit aged, but GT Sport has for me a classic modern look, amazing. For me, it’s my actual favorite racing game.

and I have to give to, today I like more to play multiplayer as singleplayer. So a huger singleplayer-part is not so much important for me.[/QUOTE]Great that you feel like GT Sport is 'nearly' a complete GT game. :) Try playing it without an internet connection and get back to me. ;) :lol:

Great again that you enjoy playing as a multiplayer game rather than an single player game. I am the opposite. :)

I think it would be surprising if GT Sport didn't look modern and detailed, and the older games didn't looked aged after starting nearly 25 years ago. The jump from GT6 to GT Sport was not huge one visually for me, you may think differently, and that is fine. :) If we all thought the same thing, there would be virtually nothing to discuss. :rolleyes: :lol:

I'm not surprised at all, nor disappointed. If anything, I think we should give more time to see how well the Playstation 5 continues to do over the next year. I haven't heard any major recalls on the PS5, but console launches always have problems as these brand-new systems get kinks worked out and such.

I uninstalled GTSport last week on my PS4. I don't play it anymore. And no interesting car games this year IMO, 2021 will be a long year...

I uninstalled GTSport last week on my PS4. I don't play it anymore. And no interesting car games this year IMO, 2021 will be a long year...
In my opinion, racetrack-games won’t get really old, cause the tracks are there and it normally changes nothing really. Either you like a track or not. Against a story-game, you normally play and than often don’t play anymore.
Maybe, we get the on or other vision gt car still this year, so you could it reinstall ;)

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back