Gran turismo 7 resurrection

.....Umm, kinda off topic, but why is the thread titled "GRAB Turismo 7 resurrection"?? :confused:
....{A typo?}

The last thing this game needs to do is look backwards.

On the contrary, it needs to look at the style and atmosphere of GT1, the range of cars in GT2, the technical leap of GT3, the polish of GT4, the mistakes of GT5 and the poor direction of GT6. A thorough analysis of what made the series great and what caused it to stagnate.

On the contrary, it needs to look at the style and atmosphere of GT1, the range of cars in GT2, the technical leap of GT3, the polish of GT4, the mistakes of GT5 and the poor direction of GT6. A thorough analysis of what made the series great and what caused it to stagnate.
One could easily argue on the other side that the series stagnated because it looked back too much, because it rested on it's haunches and failed to develop into the full on racing and driving simulator most of us want it to be. Looking backwards and trying to recapture past glory is a sure sign that an organization has lost the ability to evolve with the market place and run out of good ideas.

One could easily argue on the other side that the series stagnated because it looked back too much, because it rested on it's haunches and failed to develop into the full on racing and driving simulator most of us want it to be. Looking backwards and trying to recapture past glory is a sure sign that an organization has lost the ability to evolve with the market place and run out of good ideas.
You're not interested in a modern GT4 game (Long carrier, missions, endurance...) with new physics, sound, AI and new features... ? :D
I think a serie like GT can't forget his past

You're not interested in a modern GT4 game (Long carrier, missions, endurance...) with new physics, sound, AI and new features... ? :D
I think a serie like GT can't forget his past

I think that while people who really just have nostalgia with GT (I'm one of them) could enjoy a GT4 redux, whether it's a title that harkens back to the glory days with modern updates, or is a true HD overhaul of the GT4 game; we have to remember that GT is for everyone, and they aren't going to make a title that feels dated so that a number of us can revel in it. It isn't good business strategy, and it would be a terrible idea for a main game. If GT7 were to be nothing more than an updated GT4, Polyphony would be absolutely screwed.

Nope. I played it 10 years ago, why would I want to play it again?

You don't want to play GT4 again though? I wish I still had a system that could play that game.

...GT4 to me personally was the best game in the series. It had the mixture of serious and ridiculous just right, there were crap ton of stuff, and hell, even music was given a plenty of attention. (Panama!!)
So, if PDI can take some inspiration from that, yeah I'll be a very pleased man. I'm easy to please.
BUT!!
Do not copy GT4 wholesale, 'cuz let's face it, certain aspect of that game hasn't aged all that well, has it....

I am not saying to copy the GT4 carrier, but just an inspiration : Longevity, Endurance races, manufacturers races, missions...
This is an example of where the series should move forward. Let me give you an example.

Moving backwards would be simply inserting an endurance race into the career like in GT4.

Moving forwards would include Endurance races but allow you to vary the length of those races so that you could finish your career without having to sit for 24 hours in front of your tv. Allow the races to be scalable to about 10% or a minimum of 1 hour. For those worrying that others are "cheating" by not using the full length race to complete their career (which I think is silly but it exists), you would have a special trophy and overall career designation for those that use the full length of races to completion.

It's not more of evolving but more of remembering the fun elements of the past installments.What I've notice is that the series hasn't really evolved to a point where the first word to come out my mouth would be "wow". They've stayed on a general concept because using attention to kind of refreshing more than recreate from crash. The only difference in gt5 from gt4 were new technology available and online but everything has been somewhat the same.i do know that Kaz has had many other ideas he wanted in past games but the PS3 proved to be troublesome.
t not

It's not more of evolving but more of remembering the fun elements of the past installments.What I've notice is that the series hasn't really evolved to a point where the first word to come out my mouth would be "wow". They've stayed on a general concept because using attention to kind of refreshing more than recreate from crash. The only difference in gt5 from gt4 were new technology available and online but everything has been somewhat the same.i do know that Kaz has had many other ideas he wanted in past games but the PS3 proved to be troublesome.

t not
The whole "PS3 is troublesome" debate has been beat to death on GTP, but my position has always been the same. Almost all the issues we gamers have with GT5/6 have nothing to do with the PS3 limitations, and everything to do with game design that falls well within the limitations of the PS3.

Gran turismo 6 failed only because it was a force end, meaning when the ps4 came out, it put the team in a odd position on this installment.The assumption that they had was that everyone would jump to it but not so much since GT5 left some people in mixed feelings.Gt6 was basically scrapped since the ps4 came out and more focus was put out in getting the next installment out and with better hardware, a possibly better game, I hope. Kaz and hhs team knew that gt6 wasn't where it should had been but it's better to start with something new than to improved on something broken.

Ex.

There were talks of having gt6 on both PS3 and ps4 which was a very bad idea and I'm glad they didn't do that. There team is not big enough for that.

Past conceits that were left out May make it on gt7 as well as new concepts but the game will be here quicker since there using Gt6 engine which will run much more better than on the PS3 and the formulas that they use.

The whole "PS3 is troublesome" debate has been beat to death on GTP, but my position has always been the same. Almost all the issues we gamers have with GT5/6 have nothing to do with the PS3 limitations, and everything to do with game design that falls well within the limitations of the PS3.
I wont blame all of the issue on PS3 but again the hardware architecture was built based off affordability and cost of production and so this does play in the development process. Familiar things that were costly at the time were replace with things to save which were unfamiliar.To add to this Sony didn't want their product alter (reason for unique design). That's does play part in how development process happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
...Wowsers. A triple post. You don't see that often. :lol:

Huh, while I agree about GT6 popping out at an awkward time, I just can't agree with "Blame everything on PS3" malarkey. There are literally crap ton of ma-hoo-si-ve games that run silky smooth on PS3, so to me GT6's troubles fall on either developer's ineptitude or wrong decisions taken at a very basic level.

Hopefully with new, fresh blood filtering into PDI's veins from all the new hirings can inject some vitality back into the series.

Personally my hope picked up a lot the moment I heard that they were hiring for the sound engineer positions, and that country/region was not an issue. Quite frankly, pilfering talents from non-Japanese dev pool sounded rather progressive to me, especially for a very insular, very proud company like PDI.

...Wowsers. A triple post. You don't see that often. :lol:

Huh, while I agree about GT6 popping out at an awkward time, I just can't agree with "Blame everything on PS3" malarkey. There are literally crap ton of ma-hoo-si-ve games that run silky smooth on PS3, so to me GT6's troubles fall on either developer's ineptitude or wrong decisions taken at a very basic level.

Hopefully with new, fresh blood filtering into PDI's veins from all the new hirings can inject some vitality back into the series.

Personally my hope picked up a lot the moment I heard that they were hiring for the sound engineer positions, and that country/region was not an issue. Quite frankly, pilfering talents from non-Japanese dev pool sounded rather progressive to me, especially for a very insular, very proud company like PDI.
I doubt they are hiring any senior management, likely just programmers who will be starting at the bottom and have no influence on the game whatsoever.

Plus PD were one of the first developers on the system (if not the first) and extensively talked up its abilities long before any game actually came out.

I doubt they are hiring any senior management, likely just programmers who will be starting at the bottom and have no influence on the game whatsoever.

....Way to dampen up a hopeless romantic, slick. Well done. 👍👍 ....:lol:

I'm hoping that by hiring new guys (and gals) it "could" mean shifting in the personnel. Usually, when there's a hiring phase at a company, there's vacancy because some people move up the ladder, some people leave/retire, or got booted out. 💡 Not expecting a wholesale swipe of upper management, but just enough breath of fresh air would suffice.

I've made this video in hopes of polyphony looking at it and remembering what made the series in its early days a Sucess.

Enjoy!

What happened with the Picture Quality of the video? Potato powered there. It's a nice video though, nicely edited too. I hope PD will see your vid and use it as a tool for betterment :).
While I was watching it made me think of this:

61017968.jpg

:lol:

Anyways,
I recently picked up the PS1 Gran Turismos along with GT Concept:2002 and played some GT3 and GT4 just to see where the series has come. GT has come far but sadly the PS3 iterations haven't done the series much justice. Though I don't think it's bad that the series looks back. It has moved forward from before except this time it needs to make a leap with GT7. GT can continue on it's own road but that road needs some fresh new tar, fixed potholes and a few extra lanes as well as road markings.

I agree with @JKgo about the new hirings. New people means new ideas, new procedures and most of all, more man power. It could breathe some new life into PD as well as keep to the GT traditions which many have come to like.

I'm gonna be optimistic about the near future.

Here's to GT7:cheers:

....Way to dampen up a hopeless romantic, slick. Well done. 👍👍 ....:lol:

I'm hoping that by hiring new guys (and gals) it "could" mean shifting in the personnel. Usually, when there's a hiring phase at a company, there's vacancy because some people move up the ladder, some people leave/retire, or got booted out. 💡 Not expecting a wholesale swipe of upper management, but just enough breath of fresh air would suffice.
Anything for you buddy:cheers:. GT lives and dies by Kaz's Vision, this has been said over and over. If there's going to be a any big visionary type changes in GT7 I'm guessing it'll come from the boss.

Latest Posts

Back