Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.26 is Now Available: Adds Road Atlanta and Car Selling Feature

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 943 comments
I see lots of people complaining about Kaz on twitter. I don't think this will solve anything. If complaining is any solution, I think messaging Hermen Hulst is the best way, especially for him to increase the budget and hire new employees for the PD.

Last edited:
What you mean with FOMO?What is FOMO?
FOMO means Fear Of Missing Out as @RacingGrandpa cofirmed. When it comes to game content it's usually in relation to content that has to be completed by a certain date or you miss out on the content completley or a special prize, therefore encouraging players to log in and play the game for fear of missing that content rather than beucase they want to play that game specifically. That the game industry in general has started using these methods on a wide scale is a big negative for me and works to the detriment of the actual gameplay experience compared to just adding more content that players can acess whenever they want. But it does what it was intended to do well enough for them to keep doing it.

Last edited:
25th Anniversary Update? Hmmmm?
Is this the big update that will update the game to what should have been released at game launch? Seem odd to promote a 25th anniversary update and it been a few game fixes like the rest. Now Nenkai has suggested they are 4 cars on this update. The 3 standards and then a special 25th anniversary car. If this update is just a 25th anniversary car that will be the most disappointing update ever!

FOMO means Fear Of Missing Out as @RacingGrandpa cofirmed. When it comes to game content it's usually in relation to content that has to be completed by a certain date or you miss out on the content completley or a special prize, therefore encouraging players to log in and play the game for fear of missing that content rather than beucase they want to play that game specifically. That the game industry in general has started using these methods on a wide scale is a big negative for me and works to the detriment of the actual gameplay experience compared to just adding more content that players can acess whenever they want. But it does what it was intended to do well enough for them to keep doing it.
If this is right thats a pretty low trick from pd,though with the MTX issue nothing surprises me anymore.I take whats posted on twitter with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
If this is right thats a pretty low trick from pd,though with the MTX issue nothing surprises me anymore.
It's worth nothing that I am only speaking in generalisations here, all we know is that that tweet from @Nenkai and it could be bad, or it could make very little difference or it could be something clever (though my hopes are low for that one).

But to give a couple of examples, if there are limited time prizes which are cars you can already aquire in the game but with special liveries such as the Dior Mangusta, then that wouldn't be a big deal for me personally, but if there were actual prize cars you couldn't buy in the game that were awarded only for completing a timed event that would stink (I don't think we'll see this though).

It could be the introduction of seasonal events, which could be good or bad depending on how they're implemented. We will have to wait and see for specifics. Generally I'm not a fan of FOMO tactics at all, but it is a very widely used in game design, not just one used by PD.

Wait, I'm confused, why is everyone so frustrated? Seems like a good bunch of cars to me, probably the first time I'm interested in all 3 of them. And as usual, we are yet to discover what else this update brings. Kaz saying this is a 25th anniversary update means we can probably expect more interesting things in this one. Personally I'm really looking forward to it.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 “25th Anniversary” Update Coming November 24

Gran Turismo series creator Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed via Twitter that a new update is coming for Gran Turismo 7 this week, curiously referring to it as a “25th Anniversary Update”...

Last edited:
I was just thinking I would really like to see another Silvia.
ElaVTxfciqxAKF_0Q_wD-311YA0=.gif

Maybe the 25th Anniversary car will be a NIKE ONE but I highly doubt it. Maybe they will do a new change often through the Anniversary kind of like Forza had the the Horizon 10th Anniversary, but I doubt that even more.

Wait, I'm confused, why is everyone so frustrated? Seems like a good bunch of cars to me, probably the first time I'm interested in all 3 of them. And as usual, we are yet to discover what else this update brings. Kaz saying this is a 25th anniversary update means we can probably expect more interesting things in this one. Personally I'm really looking forward to it.
Well for me, it's one of the weakest lineups even though we'll get a Sierra, one that has been near the top of my personal wishlist. Despite featuring 30+ vehicles in the game, Nissan has only coupes. I'd hope we would get more variety in the updates: give us a few roadsters, sedans, wagons and SUVs. Even letting us toggle the roof on the existing convertibles would go a long way. I'd love to drive an open top 918, Cappuccino, Corvette (C3) or S2000.

We had it in GTS. A Supra G4 awarded for answering a poll.
I'm not saying it's impossible, I just think it's against the balance of probability. That doesn't mean it won't happen though, you are right, it has happened before.

I wouldn't be too worried about FOMO content, the only one we have seen in GT7 so far is the Christian Dior Mangusta which is still in the dealer after what feels like close to 3 years.

Latest Posts

Back