Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Beat me to it. That said, "fair payouts" will be relative from player to player.

For the Time Trials, is your objection that the reward is based on percentage, or would you be ok if for bronze they gave you 2 million for bronze, 4 million for silver and 8 million credits for Gold? Or should they give everyone who participates a flat reward for competing?
Fair payout is 1.5M per hour, as seen in the Spa 800pp race.

And see to me I think that is still too little given the length of the race and the inflated cost of the cars. You have to ask yourself when evaluating the payouts "How valuable is my time?" Me I'd want double that for an hour of driving and firmly support doubling the payouts for all events. Oddly, early on in the game's life PD decided to actually half the payouts for many of the events which caused massive community backlash. Now that the community backlash is over and no one is pressing them on it, they've got comfortable sitting in their ivory tower giving us 💩 payouts.

Last edited:
I did all of them already. Didn't make a dent at Legends dealership.
If I recall correctly, that's around 47M credits for all gold. Did you get all gold? Also, by not a dent do you mean you couldn't purchase all the 20M credit cars? If that's what you mean, that's understandable.
Fair is going to be relative. Some on this forum would state 2-3M per hour is fair. Others would say 500k is fair (though not many would say that!)

And see to me I think that is still too little given the length of the race and the inflated cost of the cars. You have to ask yourself when evaluating the payouts "How valuable is my time?" Me I'd want double that for an hour of driving and firmly support doubling the payouts for all events. Oddly, early on in the game's life PD decided to actually half the payouts for many of the events which caused massive community backlash. Now that the community backlash is over and no one is pressing them on it, they've got comfortable sitting in their ivory tower giving us 💩 payouts.
Now that is timing! This was just after I saved this post.

Ultimately I believe it boils down to this:

Is your primary goal to have fun by buying/unlocking all the cars? Is your primary goal to have fun driving cars in the game?

If the primary goal is the former, you need credits as efficiently as possible. If it's the latter, driving cars in this game is easy.

Granted that's just my opinion . . . I may be wrong.

Last edited:
Not to mention you have to wait 'till after the event closed in order to receive reward which is infuriating.
IF I get Bronze or Silver time I should get the reward right after and not make me wait few days to a month to receive.
Man they really make these time trials feel like work.
That too, it's not too efficient of an alternative if you have to wait a week instead of being rewarded on the spot for hitting the right time.

For the Time Trials, is your objection that the reward is based on percentage,
Yes. Percentage out of the world is a variable time as drivers are going to be constantly competing against each other, knowing I won't be able to maintain that kind of time due to my schedule and skill level. I don't think it's a fair system.

What PD has done in GT5-6's seasonals regarding pre-set lap times to beat was much better.

or would you be ok if for bronze they gave you 2 million for bronze, 4 million for silver and 8 million credits for Gold? Or should they give everyone who participates a flat reward for competing?
All of the above if the laptime challenges are preset instead of leaderboard based. I think those prizes for weekly time trials are more than fair.

Either that or just offer separate time trial challenges for players that just want to enjoy a fun challenge, but aren't interested in competing for leaderboards.

Is your primary goal to have fun by buying/unlocking all the cars? Is your primary goal to have fun driving cars in the game?

If the primary goal is the former, you need credits as efficiently as possible. If it's the latter, driving cars in this game is easy.

My goal in every racing game is to collect as many cars as I want and then have fun driving them, customizing them, or taking pictures of them in photomode.

Which becomes way too time consuming in the former, that's not a good or effective way to have fun playing the game. If the idea is purposely do this to have players enjoy the hardwork behind getting the cars, then it's a beyond horrible system that should never be tried again.

There are better ways to make earning a car feel enjoyable without it being a boring grind. My idea of fun is not taking on the same race over and over again just so I can have enough money for a car as efficiently as possible. At least for a long period of time. A better method would've been just doing what was done in the past GTs and just giving players the ability to earn these cars through winning events.

Which they did, except for the more expensive cars in the legends dealership.

Last edited:

Not if you can't afford to buy them.
Is it the amount of work needed to do to earn the credits to buy them? Or is it the fact work has to be done to earn credits to unlock cars to begin with? That is (i.e.) all cars should be unlocked by default.

Is it the amount of work needed to do to earn the credits to buy them? Or is it the fact work has to be done to earn credits to unlock cars to begin with? That is (i.e.) all cars should be unlocked by default.
The amount. As has been shown multiple times, this is the grindiest Gran Turismo to date, and it only gets worse with each Hagerty price increase.

I absolutely do not mind needing to put some time in to buy a car, but 20-25 hours with a lack of variety in what I can do in that time is unacceptable to me. Especially with the best solution to that lack of variety being so heavily nerfed. At around 90k/hr for custom races, it would take 222 hours to buy a Cr.20,000,000 car. Custom races being the only way I still find fun in this game with the lacking singleplayer event content, I've had to resort to automated methods to make up for this.

Edit to add: I think a solution for pricing would have been to cap it at 5 million. 5 hours for the most expensive cars is fine. Custom races still need to have their payouts increased by at least 10x what they currently are.

Last edited:
Ok, for next month (won't happen, bit I can say it so they can include this is 3-5 years)

Add one make races to the menu book. Each of the makes, random track, vary the upper limit for PP, grid start.

If I recall correctly, that's around 47M credits for all gold. Did you get all gold? Also, by not a dent do you mean you couldn't purchase all the 20M credit cars? If that's what you mean, that's understandable.

Fair is going to be relative. Some on this forum would state 2-3M per hour is fair. Others would say 500k is fair (though not many would say that!)
The average user would take how many hours to gold all of those would you say? Would the average user gold all of them? No I did not gold them, drove once, got either bronze or silver, and moved on. Grinding for gold is just that, another way to grind. I get that some people enjoy it, but I really can't say I would for every track in the game. Nurburgring alone would drive me mad. Some would sink endless time and get nothing for it. It's also quite finite, so you get two McLaren F1s then what?

I've been grinding for a year and am still missing 60 $1M and above cars. I'd say that's unfair. Only game I play, can't imagine having time for something else.

FAIR TEST
In TT club racing IRL I won $1,100 per two <2 second laps many times. That's one lap behind the safety car and one hot lap. The winnings are in the form of two medium soft slicks and a set of race pads for my race car. That can be repeated every race day, there are many in a calendar year, and you can compete in every region in the US and with other clubs if you want to go at it more often. Now work that out in GT7, and whether you can win it in two laps repeatedly, without grinding our favorite 700/800pp events.

38,000 GT7 value of two soft slicks and race pads x 15 can be done per hour of driving = 570,000 GT7 credits per hour. You can't get 570,000 in GT7 per hour without grinding our favorite 800/700 PP races correct?

No I did not gold them, drove once, got either bronze or silver, and moved on. Grinding for gold is just that, another way to grind.

In TT club racing IRL I won $1,100 per two <2 second laps many times.
Well if you're a racer IRL, don't you think you would be able to gold Circuit Experiences?

I don’t think grinding for gold is another way to grind. You have to improve your time, which improves driving skill, to get gold. The gold and payout is reward. Different to basically needing not much skill to do grind races.

Should PD restore everybody’s DR and SR, after this week’s mess. I just lost 800 pts, waiting patiently until the end of my first race C which suffered server issues. I’m not racing anymore.

As a casual yet enthusiastic GT player, I simply don’t have the time to commit in recovering 1 or 2 levels of DR and SR on a single account. I’m sure you’d prefer not to either?

Attachments

• IMG_9551.jpeg
    IMG_9551.jpeg
    44.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
The amount. As has been shown multiple times, this is the grindiest Gran Turismo to date, and it only gets worse with each Hagerty price increase.

I absolutely do not mind needing to put some time in to buy a car, but 20-25 hours with a lack of variety in what I can do in that time is unacceptable to me. Especially with the best solution to that lack of variety being so heavily nerfed. At around 90k/hr for custom races, it would take 222 hours to buy a Cr.20,000,000 car. Custom races being the only way I still find fun in this game with the lacking singleplayer event content, I've had to resort to automated methods to make up for this.

Edit to add: I think a solution for pricing would have been to cap it at 5 million. 5 hours for the most expensive cars is fine. Custom races still need to have their payouts increased by at least 10x what they currently are.
Absolutely this, the Circuit Experience does present a challenge that is probably beyond most players, but it does pay out well. However, it is a one time reward, and not repeatable. Therefore, it's not grindable.

Grinding for cars takes time, a lot of time, in GT7, but it doesn't take skill. The problem isn't really the race payouts, it's the extreme upward curvature of car prices. Buying a car for 2m Cr takes a reasonable amout of time. Buying on for 20m Cr takes no more skill, but 10x the time. I understand some people who dont have jobs, and wives, and families, who enjoy GT7 enough to play for hours per day and have the freedom to do that, don't mind this. But for other people, it's more a case of why bother trying.

GT7 does some things very well, the single player economy and structure unfortunately is not one them.

Last edited:
Well if you're a racer IRL, don't you think you would be able to gold Circuit Experiences?
There is some beauty in it, I can see why others would. But for me, the fun is in developing a car and extracting the most from it. My TT car is always different when it hits the pavement. And the faster it gets, the more of my (brain) processing power it consumes, and I really dig that. If I was able to own over 500 cars, I would spend the time learning them on a nearby track, more so than mastering other tracks. By comparison, mastering a track is not as exciting to me as improving the man-machine connection. Tire prep is the main job usually, but in the sim there is only a compound choice, wet condition, and a tiny bit of lost grip from overheating and catching dirt. The main job of getting slicks to peak grip uniformly and holding them there is the art, and altogether lost in the sim.

To add, in the sim you get almost no road texture and camber changes as you can only feel a tiny bit through the steering wheel, and nothing from your ass. Learning the track in the sim is not as exciting to me. After a decade of Nurburgring on GT, only the general layout helped when hitting that track in the flesh. The majority of the speed came from working through traffic and being able to run the M Coupe near the limit of what it could do.

For me personally it is both. I like collecting/buying/unlocking, whatever which you'd wish to call it, but to do that I need credits which I unfortunately have to grind for. The same applies to the latter as well. I want to drive and experience as many cars as I can in the game, but for that I'd also need credits.

It makes me wish there was a 'test drive' function of sorts where I could drive the cars for free. I wouldn't own them in my personal garage and thus couldn't modify them, but it'd at least let me experience what the game has to offer in terms of car content without spending hours repeating the same events.

Last edited:
Yes, it is.

Split screen obviously isn't a priority, or they would've fixed it by now. A bit shameful that is.
Thank you for checking. Had so much fun with my friends in GTsport. What a shame. Modern game stuff - don’t have your friends come over to you, how about them all buying their own consoles!

Can someone explain me the new radar? I do not find it with much logic behind. Since it doesn’t tell how the weather is going to change in the next hour but how it was in the antecedent hour until the moment the race start. Mmmm i hope i am wrong

Doubtful, gaming journalists rarely ask developers hard hitting questions out of fear of losing access to them.
Not surprised about journalists tbh. But I never expected PD to go this low - GT Sport split screen wasn’t the best, but at least you didn’t need to scroll through all your cars in no order. Not even mentioning the assists. I guess I’m joining the “haters” team

Doubtful, gaming journalists rarely ask developers hard hitting questions out of fear of losing access to them.
Not surprised about journalists tbh.
Yeah, it's not true though. Journalists do ask developers hard-hitting questions, and they simply don't answer them - or their PR handlers step in to stop either the question or the answer.

That can end that interview, but no developer or PR is dumb enough to shut down access to big and relevant outlets to future events and interviews - unless there is a pattern of going off-topic and asking things that they need to shut down - because the journalists will report on that instead.

Typically interviews are on an agreed topic only and deviation can get an interview shut down. If you want to get through the time allotted (usually not much), you save it to the end - but it's still up to them to answer it or not.

And then internet twonks say that you didn't ask hard-hitting questions because you didn't get an answer, or ask about the one extremely niche thing they disproportionately care about.

Gaming is not - and never will be - a "job". Don't normalise the casual use of work. If PD want you to work, they need to employ you

Back