Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

So I understand the desire for more events, but there are custom races now. We can literally make whatever type of race we want.

Custom races have weak points:

-Payouts are not as lucrative as they should be

-When making a custom grid, you can only pick cars you own, so if you wanted a one make race with custom tuned cars with different liveries, you'd have to own x number of the car.

- A limited number of custom races can be saved

But you can LITERALLY create your own VGT race, Sunday cup, 80s car race, FF, 4WD, Etc. You could technically make a championship too.

I do wish they would update this feature, because it's a great foundation, it just needs a little more.
It has great potential, but it's underutilised. You cannot create a close race with strong AI and the other issues are as you mentioned. If they allowed you to go up to 5 chillies, turn off rubber banding completely and paid out a decent amount it would be amazing.

The next thing would be being able to build AI opponents without needing to own the cars first and then to make it almost perfect, allow players to share their created custom races.

Last edited:
So I understand the desire for more events, but there are custom races now. We can literally make whatever type of race we want.

-When making a custom grid, you can only pick cars you own, so if you wanted a one make race with custom tuned cars with different liveries, you'd have to own x number of the car.

But you can LITERALLY create your own VGT race, Sunday cup, 80s car race, FF, 4WD, Etc. You could technically make a championship too.

I do wish they would update this feature, because it's a great foundation, it just needs a little more.
You can create rubberbanded events, not races.

3 more plastic covered cars that I will buy but never use.2Civics as well? They are missing out on some truly amazing cars from Days gone By that need skill and not downforce to win with!
But but, these aren’t VGTs. Plus, being FF, need some skill to put the power down, versus RWD and AWD.

The Gr.4 Mazda3 doesn’t have gobs of downforce like a GT3 car. The biggest factor is it’s on slicks. The car it’s based on, is a tier lower than TCR.

The Robles Civic. 2.4LT, 420bhp(in the video)/2380lbs(1040kg) . So, as a track car, it’s going to have downforce just like time attack RWD and AWD cars. If this car isn’t what many of us have done since the first Gran Turismo, at its core, I don’t know what is. Good story:

You can create rubberbanded events, not races.
The rubberbanding only kicks in in endurance races . 99% of people who complain about ruberbanding are doing full blown endurance races with pit stops. If you create Sprint races ( 3-5 laps) you can have a good time . I have proof of it too , all cars coming in within 3-5 seconds of first in a 20 car grid is a CLOSE race.

The Robles Civic. 2.4LT, 420bhp(in the video)/2380lbs(1040kg) . So, as a track car, it’s going to have downforce just like time attack RWD and AWD cars. If this car isn’t what many of us have done since the first Gran Turismo, at its core, I don’t know what is. Good story:

Hoping for K24 swaps

The rubberbanding only kicks in in endurance races . 99% of people who complain about ruberbanding are doing full blown endurance races with pit stops. If you create Sprint races ( 3-5 laps) you can have a good time . I have proof of it too , all cars coming in within 3-5 seconds of first in a 20 car grid is a CLOSE race.
3-5 laps isn’t a race, it isn’t even a warmup.

Yet I still can't buy the Toyota from the last update 🙄

Jerome

It has great potential, but it's underutilised. You cannot create a close race with strong AI and the other issues are as you mentioned. If they allowed you to go up to 5 chillies, turn off rubber banding completely and paid out a decent amount it would be amazing.

The next thing would be being able to build AI opponents without needing to own the cars first and then to make it almost perfect, allow players to share their created custom races.
Those are both things that are also rather easy to implement just by changing a few U.I. elements too.

Most of the pushback for GT7 by fans is just because there's a lot of things that can make GT7 more fun and are rather simple to do, but PD chooses not too. Because Kaz doesn't want to.

-----

Now, unless a lot of GT7 players have both a Xbox Series S/X and PS5 or a PS5 & Gaming PC; I don't think FM8 is really going to take away too many players. The only racing game doing that would be The Crew Motorfest except for the crowd not intrested in any open-world arcade games.

Last edited:
Would it have been so difficult to just give us a regular EG Civic?

FFS
I lol'd because I was thinking the same thing. I would imagine that would of have been much easier maybe? Or at least include that as well. I love the EK9 but the EG's are super cool as well

Guess I'm kicking it with the Vantage S and the 911 GT3RS until next month, because this selection is garbage. The fact that we've waited almost two whole months for silhouettes makes an already weak lineup worse. I hope that next month has a better lineup. I'm still hoping for something like the 2017 Vantage, Porsche 992, Lotus as a brand, the Radical SR10, and the KTM X-Bow GT-XR to come to the game.

Last edited:
Is this rent free @Techlet ? Asking for a friend
I was wondering why the random tag but you're still thinking about this?

Like I said in the other thread, the three cars seem coherently themed unlike the hodge podge we usually get. Maybe we'll also see some interesting events or missions this time.

Last edited:
Disappointed about getting only 3 cars after +60 days from last content update, but at least it is a good selection of hot hatchs, and as I imagined they put the hold on the corolla and the Himedic to artificially boost the content

Last edited:
Mainly interested in the Civic, hopefully there are some good 'LM Edition' liveries for it as I can easily see it being a LM edition car from the previous GTs based on the bodywork which is pretty well done IMO.

I do wish they would update this feature, because it's a great foundation, it just needs a little more
I am sick of people trying to justify the lack if content with the fact that we have the ability to make custom races.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Custom Races mode as a whole is BROKEN!!
The way the AI handles are manipulated means there is no way at all to incorporate strategies into any races.
Not only this but there is a lack of missing options that still need to be added to the mode like usable/required tyres options.
A lot of options that are still broken from release.
The AI are stuck to using 1 tyre compound (Hard) and somehow then manage to do lap times faster than is possible if they were on softs.
And yes payouts are pitifully low but I'm not going to go into that one...

Please stop using this as an excuse for PDs lack of interest in creating a fun gaming experience.

I am sick of people trying to justify the lack if content with the fact that we have the ability to make custom races.

The simple fact of the matter is that the Custom Races mode as a whole is BROKEN!!
The way the AI handles are manipulated means there is no way at all to incorporate strategies into any races.
Not only this but there is a lack of missing options that still need to be added to the mode like usable/required tyres options.
A lot of options that are still broken from release.
The AI are stuck to using 1 tyre compound (Hard) and somehow then manage to do lap times faster than is possible if they were on softs.
And yes payouts are pitifully low but I'm not going to go into that one...

Please stop using this as an excuse for PDs lack of interest in creating a fun gaming experience.
Many of us know what can’t be done. If people are going to continue playing this game, well, what can be done to find that small window of enjoyment, is what will be talked about.
It’s going to be fifty fifty all the time, “We can’t do this, damnit!” and “At least we can do this!”.

I don’t see anyone making excuses for any lack of. People are going to complain and hope something gets done. While we wait for the next few games for that to happen, what can be done right now, while people continue to play the game, is find those ways to eke out their own enjoyment. Those of us choosing To continue playing, we’ll keep working with what we can do.

Many of us know what can’t be done. If people are going to continue playing this game, well, what can be done to find that small window of enjoyment, is what will be talked about.
It’s going to be fifty fifty all the time, “We can’t do this, damnit!” and “At least we can do this!”.

I don’t see anyone making excuses for any lack of. People are going to complain and hope something gets done. While we wait for the next few games for that to happen, what can be done right now, while people continue to play the game, is find those ways to eke out their own enjoyment. Those of us choosing To continue playing, we’ll keep working with what we can do.
Hey don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people using this mode to have fun, I use it myself, it's just frustrating when you see comments about the lack of events in updates (rightfully so) and you get the ol "bUt We HaVe CuStOM RaCeS" as the excuse.

Hey don't get me wrong, I have nothing against people using this mode to have fun, I use it myself, it's just frustrating when you see comments about the lack of events in updates (rightfully so) and you get the ol "bUt We HaVe CuStOM RaCeS" as the excuse.
For sure, but pertaining to the VGTs, I read the Ghost was pointing that out.

As for the FL5, if some players want to say it’s not much different from the FK8, that’s good for our banks. Then, it shouldn’t be much more than the 55,000Cr. FK8. Building one to TCR spec, is about 190,000Cr.(including car, widebody and aero parts).

The FL5 shouldn’t be much more expensive. Can’t wait.
1695521076384.jpeg

1695521146189.jpeg

1695521041583.jpeg

Really happy with the FL5! My first car that is in the game.
The others are kinda ok, but I expected at least one more special car this time. LFA, 190e evo, 430 scuderia, GT ONE etc.
You have one? How is it? I don't know why but it's probably the only modern Type R that I really like.

You have one? How is it? I don't know why but it's probably the only modern Type R that I really like.
I ordered it October last year and took delivery this friday, so way too early to say, but I was really impressed with the first drive home. EU countries don't get alot of them, because of regulations. We have MSRP, but the cars get higher tax etc. So far my country has 8 planned for this year and mine is the first blue one delivered.

Be honest with me, mate - would you actually drive any of those for longer than 10 minutes if they got added? Or would you try them once and then go back to whatever you were using before?
Not him;
I use the engine swapped mini (and other engine swapped cars) in custom races and it's a blast making fun races (and something different than a "real" sim or a real "arcade" game).
My problems is that gt doesn't have "official" races/events/championships that use these cars (or if they are used then just for 3-4 short races)

Back