Gran Turismo 7's Next Update is Coming September 28, Adds Three New Cars

Refer to this meme:

Last year, I did an online endurance race at Le Mans using custom "hypercars", using a bespoke RUF CTR3 build. Nutty front-biased setup that could be quick while in a flow state, but suffered from very bad tire wear rates. We’re talking about 90:10 tire life for front and rear at the end of stints.

The only reason I chose this car in particular, was because it was one of the few cars that I held a world record with, just in a different game. I was willing to put up with how difficult the car could’ve ended up becoming. Spent a few hours tweaking it over that week and made some last minute adjustments to make sure I wouldn’t send it into the wall 30 minutes in.

My competition ended up using Venenos and Zonda Rs...

If it is fast enough for them, and easy enough to drive, more players will choose it. I think most people will do that over selecting their favorite car for an online race, especially if they are really interested in a chance to win or just want to relax.

I call this update Japanese car pack rocket pocket edition 👍
Pocket rocket? I don’t see PD adding either type of pocket rocket to the game. Though I guess the 1 could kinda fit in with the Kart, maybe. The other has absolutely no place in GT games.

• Subaru BRZ GT300 '21
  • AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3 '20
  • Audi R8 LMS Evo '19
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '18
  • Ford GT Race Car '18
That's why I said real new models. The Nissan, Mercedes and Audi are just Evo's and look the same, that's not e new model. And that's no opinion, just read which cars are homologated and for how long, you'll see the Evo's never been part of that, because they aren't counted as a new model!!!

Said that, the Subaru and that Ford never been homogolated as GT3.

So how many left... Ah.. zero ;-)

Nice for a game released five years after sport having zero new GT3 Models while like so many people mentioned PD itself (the Gr. 3 races are the most common, the last championship too) and online players prefer GT3.

Last edited:
That's why I said real new models. The Nissan, Mercedes and Audi are just Evo's and look the same, that's not e new model. And that's no opinion, just read which cars are homologated and for how long, you'll see the Evo's never been part of that, because they aren't counted as a new model!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe for you they are not new , but they are - evo models are considered new

yes Ford and Subaru aren't technically GT3 but they are Gr.3 category

and if you want those FIA accurate GT3s so much , there are other games that do better job like ACC

Last edited:
Thus, kinda the issue making a game to appeal to a broader audience. In an attempt to make everyone happy, no one is happy. But obviously its not so black and white.

I'd be A-OK if they ditched GT3 stuff. ACC seems like a way better platform if you're into that particular avenue of cars/racing.

That's why I said real new models. The Nissan, Mercedes and Audi are just Evo's and look the same, that's not e new model. And that's no opinion, just read which cars are homologated and for how long, you'll see the Evo's never been part of that, because they aren't counted as a new model!!!

Nice for a game released five years after sport having zero new GT3 Models while like so many people mentioned PD itself (the Gr. 3 races are the most common, the last championship too) and online players prefer GT3.
Oh your someone who doesn’t understand differences, surprised you know the difference between a Subaru and a Ford if you can’t see that the ‘13 & ‘18 Nismos are completely different.

Totally forgot you’re the guy who thinks you can just bolt parts onto a Porsche and then it’s a GT3 car 😂

and if you want those FIA accurate GT3s so much , there are other games that do better job like ACC
He plays ACC only apparently, there’s this weird thing that he’s commenting here on behalf of his son who plays GT7

Last edited:

That's exactly why I prefer ACC. And like I said, doesn't matter if they are new models for YOU, in fact they just aren't! Homogolated as one model, that counts for ALL GT3 homogolated cars.

But I wasn't even talking too much about GT3, as I mentioned historical relevant car manufacturers and newer hypercar manufacturers, all missing in that game ;-)

I'll never get why people always bring up multiple model generations of beloved nameplates as some kind of proof that PD is obsessed with duplicates. Would be very boring if GT or any racing game was only allowed a single 911, M3, Viper, Corvette, Skyline, Silvia, etc.

I believe a major draw of this game is seeing how these cars have evolved and changed over the years.
Because that is NOT the problem. The problem is that they just do that with Japanese Cars, leaving a lot of more relevant manufacturers and cars from the US and Europe out of the game. Instead of more variety...

Last edited:
You might want to explain why the original GT-R from 2012 has the homologation number of GT3-030 and the 2018 model is GT3-048 then. It's indeed not an opinion, it's a fact and one that you're wrong about.

You might want to explain why the original GT-R from 2012 has the homologation number of GT3-030 and the 2018 model is GT3-048 then. It's indeed not an opinion, it's a fact and one that you're wrong about.
Like every model every process and every single product, even same models got their lot or serial numbers for documentation and, if needed, investigation. Every single process got also their own process number. That's just the way it is in every kind of manufacturering or other process

Like every model every process and every single product, even same models got their lot or serial numbers for documentation and, if needed, investigation. Every single process got also their own process number. That's just the way it is in every kind of manufacturering or other process
but he’s referring to the homologation number for a racing model, that’s different to a serial or lot number.

We can't excuse the fact PD's premiere GTWS Gr.3 class is populated by 5-10 year old models.

PD have shown they can fast track fictional Gr.1/3/4 cars and VGT's when there is a commercial partnership. They even did this with the Subaru BRZ GT300 which is closely aligned with Toyota.

That's understandable from a business perspective. But they must understand they need to cater for players needs. The game desperately needs the new GT3 Ferrari 296, BMW M4, Aston Martin Vantage, Corvette C8. Evo models are welcome, and we could do with more like the Lamborghini Huracan. But we can make do with those cars as they don't look dated or out-of-place. The Porsche 911 also falls into that category, despite the GTE category coming to an end. Although you could argue a title like Gran Turismo should always have the latest road & race models of such an iconic brand.

Last edited:
We can't excuse the fact PD's premiere GTWS Gr.3 class is populated by 5-10 year old models.

PD have shown they can fast track fictional Gr.1/3/4 cars and VGT's when there is a commercial partnership. They even did this with the Subaru BRZ GT300 which is closely aligned with Toyota.

That's understandable from a business perspective. But they must understand they need to cater for players needs. The game desperately needs the new GT3 Ferrari 296, BMW M4, Aston Martin Vantage, Corvette C8. Evo models are welcome, and we could do with more like the Lamborghini Huracan. But we can make do with those cars as they don't look dated or out-of-place. The Porsche 911 also falls into that category, despite the GTE category coming to an end. Although you could argue a title like Gran Turismo should always have the latest road & race models of such an iconic brand.
Word!

Well, other than the obvious licensing stuff, the same reason we got some models in GT Sport and not others, applies a bit in GT7.

The new C8 GT3 will be out next year. So will the new Mustang GT4 and GT3. PD saw ahead and actually made those Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars for GT Sport, before the debut of the real cars. Sure, PD could have done the same thing instead of waiting. We’ll have to see.

Ferrari seems all over the place. We get a VGT, but not an up to date Ferrari of any kind. I’m not sure if it has to do with Pirelli, but that brand is not in the game although the tyre branding is standard on several ingame race cars. Will we even see a new Ferrari race car? I have no idea.

A Porsche GT3 should be a given. The RSR was pushed, as Porsche won Le Mans in LMP and the RSR was their top tier mid-engined GT race car.

M4 kind of just came out and the Vantage been around for a couple years. Going by the 2019 European models(why not also add the GT4 AMG GT and R8?) we’ve gotten in GT7, it could be a case PD have just been busy with JDM stuff. 2023 Z, 2022 BRZ GT300, everything Toyota and Mazda. We just don’t know what‘s the hold up, in players’ minds.

A real GT3 Corvette is unlikely as long as Pratt/Miller controls its licensing and Ferrari licensing is always weird (there have been times when they demanded their cars be the fastest in their class, at least PD gets out in front of that by charging a partnership fee).

Only the FL5 Type R seems interesting to me. In fact, I’ve always disliked the SEMA cars and PD’s home-brewed Gr. cars. So it’s an underwhelming selection of cars, unsurprisingly. At least the GR Corolla will finally go on sale.

A real GT3 Corvette is unlikely as long as Pratt/Miller controls its licensing and Ferrari licensing is always weird (there have been times when they demanded their cars be the fastest in their class, at least PD gets out in front of that by charging a partnership fee).
It’s going to be available for customer racing. That means we’ll see it on more continents. I don’t know how licensing works, but hopefully, not Being exclusive to one series helps negotiations.

Yet another reason to buy ACC.

Last edited:

If a new Gr.3 or Gr.4 car isn't immediately the fastest in its class, or meta for any track, the vast majority of people will drive it once before ditching it forever. That's why the road versions of each of these cars are a much bigger priority.

Gr.2 needs some love anyway. The class with 50+ vehicles can wait.

If a new Gr.3 or Gr.4 car isn't immediately the fastest in its class, or meta for any track, the vast majority of people will drive it once before ditching it forever. That's why the road versions of each of these cars are a much bigger priority.

Gr.2 needs some love anyway. The class with 50+ vehicles can wait.
Agreed, Gr.2 needs a few events as it's been abandoned despite the Gr.2 cars having a semi decent enough collection of cars though I feel the GT1 class should have atleast 1 or 2 more cars. There was even a DTM Audi added post launch for Gr.2 and despite that we still don't have any events just for Gr.2.

Gr.3 is over saturated and the cars suffer from the same problem as modern Sports/Hypercars IMO where they are all too similar and aren't diverse enough.

Agreed, Gr.2 needs a few events as it's been abandoned despite the Gr.2 cars having a semi decent enough collection of cars though I feel the GT1 class should have atleast 1 or 2 more cars. There was even a DTM Audi added post launch for Gr.2 and despite that we still don't have any events just for Gr.2.

Gr.3 is over saturated and the cars suffer from the same problem as modern Sports/Hypercars IMO where they are all too similar and aren't diverse enough.
as much i like Gr.3 cars , i agree i would liked more Gr.2 cars and of course events around them

like why we dont have the actual Porsche 911 GT1 is beyond me :/

I am the first to want to see new GT3 such the 296, Vantage, M4, or any other category LMDh, TCR, classic race cars...

But GT has always been characterized by focusing mainly on street cars.
So I prefer to see that cars like the Corvette C8, MC20, GR Corolla or now the Civic FL5 are arriving to GT7.
What is inexplicable is that Japanese icons such as the GT-One, R390GT1 or the NSX JGTC are not present.

For me what made GT special was the number of JDM cars it had and that sadly have been reduced in GT7.

For GT3 racing I already have ACC.

What doesn't make sense is that it's PD itself that makes its car list seem completely out of date with its obsession with having almost everything in Multiplayer focus on its Gr.3.

Since GTWS lost it's FIA seal of approval, I'd think the excuses keep on coming. :lol:
Since the GTWS stopped having FIA partnership at the end of 2021, I haven't seen any notable difference it has made, apart from a few people not getting an invite to the annual end-of-year FIA gala in Monaco.

Last edited:
Back