GT Sport Update 1.15 Coming March 29 - BMW E30 M3, Tsukuba, and More

• Thread starter Nico_Ble99
  • 871 comments
This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Andrew Evens (@Famine) on March 28th, 2018 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
I did not see mention in the article about Fanatec CSL Elite support.:)

ФАНАТЕК.png

https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...ort-patch-1-15-out-today-adds-vr-time-trials/

GTS fully supports Fanatec CSL Elite Racing Wheel

Last edited:
IIRC, it's been a case of only once the update has gone live. I hope this doesn't undermine your BOP tests done so far!

It shouldn't do as we are logging the performance at the time although we'll be able to make some judgements if a car gets buffed or nerfed. I just hope it's not a huge amount changing if there is. The big concern would be a physics test so hopefully not that!

With the introduction of the newest Super GT500 cars coming, I wonder if we'll see an additional group for Super GT300 cars? Maybe as a "Gr.2-300" whereas these newcomers would be "Gr.2-500"?

In addition, I also wonder about including trios of GT500 racers that may be from the same, albeit older Super GT seasons, but use drastically different models. Like maybe a season that had the Lexus SC430, the Honda HSV-010, and an older racing version of the GT-R R35. I'm not too sure about how one would go about including pre-Super GT cars - like the famed Supra Mk.IV from the 2000 JGTC season seen in Gran Turismo 3's opening - unless BoP would be able to account for it.

At any rate, I'm very glad to see this content - though I'm very curious what will differentiate the "official" RC-F GT3 that's included in this update from the prototype that's been here from day one.

With the introduction of the newest Super GT500 cars coming, I wonder if we'll see an additional group for Super GT300 cars? Maybe as a "Gr.2-300" whereas these newcomers would be "Gr.2-500"?

In addition, I also wonder about including trios of GT500 racers that may be from the same, albeit older Super GT seasons, but use drastically different models. Like maybe a season that had the Lexus SC430, the Honda HSV-010, and an older racing version of the GT-R R35. I'm not too sure about how one would go about including pre-Super GT cars - like the famed Supra Mk.IV from the 2000 JGTC season seen in Gran Turismo 3's opening - unless BoP would be able to account for it.
GT300 can fit snuggly in Gr. 3 just like in real life :)
What are you talking about? Did I miss some irony? :confused:
It says at the bottom "Red Bull X2014 Standard Car"
"Standard"
*GT5&6 flashbacks*

There are GT300-esque cars already in Gr.3, like the Subaru and Mitsubishi which both have very SuperGT aero.

Not at all bitter then :lol:
Tsukuba is so flat, featureless and boring that I just dropped an elastic band on my desk and it fell into the same shape as the track.

20180328_162202.jpg

It's pathetic.

I would rater drive around tsukuba than:

• The nordschleife
I'd rather be trapped in an infinite time loop where I have to go through the Schwedenkreuz section in a Renault Megane RS than do a lap of Tsukuba.

I didn’t like Tsukuba in GT4, and I haven’t liked it since. It’s sinply just too small of a a track! You can’t get over 250kmh anywhere on it, and the laps are over in less than 2 minutes.

So should we only ever race on the same style tracks with the same style long straights? I love those tracks too, but I don't see why a change of pace is a bad thing. It's a free track. I don't see a lot to complain about, honestly.

There are GT300-esque cars already in Gr.3, like the Subaru and Mitsubishi which both have very SuperGT aero.

Come to think of it, that'd make tons of sense, to have GT300 cars placed within Gr.3. Even though the Subaru and Mitsubishi cars aren't official GT300 cars, there are tons of FIA GT3 cars that are entered in GT300 in real life, like the famous Goodsmile Racing BMW Z4 GT3. (Or more recently, the Goodsmile Racing AMG-GT3. It's got a Hatsune Miku livery on it, either way.)

So should we only ever race on the same style tracks with the same style long straights? I love those tracks too, but I don't see why a change of pace is a bad thing. It's a free track. I don't see a lot to complain about, honestly.

Sure, ok. It’s great that we’re getting more real world circuits in the game, but you think they would have put a track that was useful for higher class racecars in the Gr.2 update. It doesn’t make any sense adding a track that’s not very great for the type of racing that was just added.

What I'd rather drive than "around Tsukuba":

* In London
* In Belgium
* The car from "The Fog"
* A 1997 Vauxhall Corsa with one missing front wheel
* Off a cliff
* A rusty, blunt nail in such a fashion that it attaches my testes to each other

Which version of The Fog (classic original or hokey remake) ? :lol:
I'm not mad on Tsukuba either after the 300hour Mazda event in GT6, although with the addition of a lot of road cars in the last few updates, I am not entirely surprised.

Also, one thing I don't like about Tsukuba is there is only ONE possible variant they can add (even Monza had two, sort of). Atleast with Fuji, Motegi or others they could have expanded the circuit roster more than ONE.

Nice one.. on my birthday as well

Happy birthday!

I don’t dislike Tsukuba but not a favourite by any means. I was expecting Fuji with the Super GT update. Hopefully in the near future:D

Just to get the hype/speculation train going.....

WHAT TRACK DO YOU GUYS THINK IS COMING WITH THE AUDI/SUPRA UPDATE?:lol:

Err, i'm going with NO TRACK! We had none in December, one in January, none in February, one in March. I'm guessing there will be additional variants of an existing track (if anything at all) in April and if they are trying to keep some kind of rhythm to these updates going forward, possibly another track in May or June.

Come to think of it, that'd make tons of sense, to have GT300 cars placed within Gr.3. Even though the Subaru and Mitsubishi cars aren't official GT300 cars, there are tons of FIA GT3 cars that are entered in GT300 in real life, like the famous Goodsmile Racing BMW Z4 GT3. (Or more recently, the Goodsmile Racing AMG-GT3. It's got a Hatsune Miku livery on it, either way.)

Exactly, GT300 isn't strictly the preserve of the 'oddball' Japanese-spec cars anymore, its effectively a GT3 class mixed with those more unique 'prototype' GT300 cars like the Mother Chassis cars etc.

Tsukuba is one of the best circuit for low HP N class races and drifting.
The last 2 circuits we got where Super fast(actually they are F1 circuits) and now we get ONE technical one and of course people will complain it's not for their precious Gr3.
Too bad...

Ah, so now there's a Gr.2 class. I'm also happy to see the Mk.1 GT40 return at last!
GT Sport is now looking more like an appealing buy to me.

Ah, so that normal GT-R was the Nismo; I can't believe that car slipped my mind.

What I'd rather drive than "around Tsukuba":

* In London
* In Belgium
* The car from "The Fog"
* A 1997 Vauxhall Corsa with one missing front wheel
* Off a cliff
* A rusty, blunt nail in such a fashion that it attaches my testes to each other
You’d rather drive in Belgium, that country with godawful traffic wherever you go? I can understand that not everyone likes Tsukuba, but to hate it that much is crazy.

I live in a Belgian city that is far less populated than Brussels, btw (less than half a million people).

Sure, ok. It’s great that we’re getting more real world circuits in the game, but you think they would have put a track that was useful for higher class racecars in the Gr.2 update. It doesn’t make any sense adding a track that’s not very great for the type of racing that was just added.

Fair point. I would prefer LeMans or Spa over Tsukuba, but getting a free real world track in any context is great news. I don't see a lot to complain about here, but to each their own.

Those who have not fell under the "under one minute bug" don't understand the charm of tsukuba, it may look simple but it's a pretty technical course with a few high speed entries, lord knows how many laps i put in on GT6(R.I.P) all i know is I'm super excited for it.

It's a pure TT citcuit.

Tsukuba is so flat, featureless and boring that I just dropped an elastic band on my desk and it fell into the same shape as the track.

View attachment 725469

It's pathetic.

I'd rather be trapped in an infinite time loop where I have to go through the Schwedenkreuz section in a Renault Megane RS than do a lap of Tsukuba.

640x350m.jpeg
20180328_162202.jpg

I ain't feeling it. As for driving Schwedenkreuz and the rest of it. I'd rather have cat AIDS.

Back