GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see three possibilities:

• Spa might get a separate trailer because it deserves to be celebrated without RBR rain and JDM cars stealing attention.
  • Spa might arrive in a supplementary August update. They released a supplementary content update a few months back.
  • Spa might only have been teased like RBR rain was a few months back.

I lean toward the first possibility simply because it's not unlikely and won't cause widespread heartbreak.

Last edited:
The delay for SPA is all due to this guy he has to be plastered everywhere that the owners of SPA will allow:
Michelin_Corporate_Logo___on_blue-1200x631.jpg

Bibendum is a boss. PD need to show admiration for the tire and restaurant guide savior: "Nunc est bibendum!"

Well this update just got from YEAAAH! to bwoah.... oh well i guess ill wait at least another month before i get a new controller. Btw is it just me or are we getting a recond of from standard to premium cars with 4.?

I'm a little disappointed that there's a chance Spa won't be part of tomorrow's update, but it's not surprising. Spa's inclusion, if not tomorrow, may be another month or two away. I'm still happy for the JDM car pack and the confirmation of wet conditions at Red Bull, though.

There is a third option: it simply came too late for the update.

We were on the ground at NYC since Thursday and had no reason to think that Spa was coming. In fact the information was that the track was both a real-world track and new to the series - which of course would exclude Spa. The first we heard about it was that FB post that was published by mistake and quickly deleted. It suggests a pretty rapid state change.

Updates have to go to Sony for certification before they're approved for upload, and that takes a few days. An update on Tuesday would likely have had to go to Sony some time around Friday before last (16th). PD is likely to get a quicker turnaround than a third-party developer, but you're still probably looking at a week's notice minimum. If the situation with Spa had been resolved any later than Monday 19th, it's possible that it's just arrived too late to add it to the update - but PD would have no problem sticking it into a WT build.

The question then becomes "where's my real-world new-to-series track"? Well... if PD didn't show it off at a WT event, it's not likely to release it. As a result if this update is cars and wet track, I'd expect there to be new cars but no track at Salzburg, track (Spa) and cars in v1.43 at the end of September, cars and "new to series" track at Tokyo, and cars and that track at the end of October.

It is worth noting though that we don't know Spa isn't in this update yet, just because it wasn't in a video that shouldn't have been revealed just yet. There may be a separate video just to showcase Spa - after all, for something so much in-demand, you would, wouldn't you? Gotta get those clicks! The evidence so far does not suggest it, but we'd wait until the update notes are there on GT's own site.

You obviously are more knowledgable on the behind the scenes and yeah that option completely blanked me but that's a great point. Maybe it was just a little too late but not late enough for the World Tour to use it. The only other thing then would be the "Real World new-to-series track". Could there be a case there is another track ready but seeing as PD got the Spa license in they went with that with the World Tour due to the high demand for it over almost 2 years and the hype it would generate. Small chances but be cool if there's another new reveal next tour.

EDIT: Just re-read your 3rd paragraph and that's the same point almost so yeah i'll go with it

At least we know Spa is coming very soon. How soon? Hopefully early September. This update is nice though, finally rain! And the new cars are nice. Hopefully PD can add a couple more rain tracks.

Rain finally. Looks amazing. Hope all tracks eventually get it.

This guy worked at the FIA event when they first showed rain 2 months ago. Guess they're drip feeding rain updates since they're working on new tracks at the same time.

I really don’t mind adding rain to tracks one by one. For me it’s a bonus and I’d prefer it to be done well.

Some speculation the “new to the series” track is Shanghai.

Last edited:
So no Spa, handful of cars I’m never going to use, and rain on one track that’s going to be fun for one race until I remember that driving in wet conditions is *****. Welp.
View attachment 846199

At this point I'm starting to look ahead to the next GT game. These updates are getting weaker and weaker. The thing I still think that's possible is them letting us save more decals. 1000 isn't enough.

This video of an August Update Trailer appeared on the MotoGamesTV YouTube account

Is there an official public GTSport release of the video?

These updates are getting to be mundane and pointless. Wow we have more street cars to race when we need more tracks and not fake ones. Tracks like Silverstone, Laguna Seka, Monaco, Circuit of the Americas, sebring, sears point and Spa. Bring back cars we use to race like opal and the older gr3 cars. Bring more gr1 cars like BMW and Toyota. These are the updates we want. Not some lame street cars.

These updates are getting to be mundane and pointless. Wow we have more street cars to race when we need more tracks and not fake ones. Tracks like Silverstone, Laguna Seka, Monaco, Circuit of the Americas, sebring, sears point and Spa. Bring back cars we use to race like opal and the older gr3 cars. Bring more gr1 cars like BMW and Toyota. These are the updates we want. Not some lame street cars.

Speak for yourself. The ever growing list of Japanese sports cars is pure gold for many people.

The car list is ‘meh’ but at least it’s free. I really appreciate their continued support, not a whole lot of developers do it for this long.

I'd expect there to be new cars but no track at Salzburg, track (Spa) and cars in v1.43 at the end of September, cars and "new to series" track at Tokyo, and cars and that track at the end of October.
This does sound like a very logical and down-to-earth schedule to expect. What I love the most about this, is having the optimism of keep receiving free updates almost two years since the rlease of the game.

Kudos to Polyphony for this.

In the meantime, I will keep driving Spa in Project Cars and Assetto and F1 2018.

Cheers!

033.jpg

I dont have to explain the above. This is all of us right now.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

However by the same token I cant but feel like Bill Hader here. PD served us hard. We got served.

We got the highest of highs. The meme-ist of memes. And yet here we are now.

PD couldnt have engineered a more complete dose of... schadenfreude? There's no word in any language that adequately describes the 'community' sentiment now.

It's just hilarious. It's so worth the price of GT Sport to experience this moment.

As much as I'm always positive when PD adds new updates and I really appreciate their support for the game, this is a disappointing move by them. Teasing SPA on social media in such a hype way, showing it on world tour event and then deciding to not adding it in the update like everyone expected is just....I don't have words for this.

033.jpg
-

I dont have to explain the above. This is all of us right now.

Bill-Hader-Laughing.gif

However by the same token I cant but feel like Bill Hader here. PD served us hard. We got served.

We got the highest of highs. The meme-ist of memes. And yet here we are now.

PD couldnt have engineered a more complete dose of... schadenfreude? There's no word in any language that adequately describes the 'community' sentiment now.

It's just hilarious. It's so worth the price of GT Sport to experience this moment.

Didn't something like this happen when rain was teased at the World Tour event before the one in New York this year?

Speak for yourself. The ever growing list of Japanese sports cars is pure gold for many people.

What about us guys that like american hp. I dont see the shelby gt350 in here or the new ford gt not even a c7 zo6 or zr1. Fact still remains that we need more tracks and not fake ones. I for one am a fan of the C6.R and ferrari F430 as well as the Porsche gt2 and cayman gt4.

I like to call this the true Initial D fan service update, because we get Iketani's S13 Silvia, Bunta's GC8 Impreza Type R, God Arm's AP1 S2000 and Wataru's Levin AE86, or Itsuki's Levin if you will, so it's all good to me :D:tup:
I like the fact that the only person who likes this post so far is named @Shingo_civic xD and Ima keep it so but you received a like from me just not yet. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back