GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by VeeDoubleU, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukanyon

Lukanyon

I only care about the GTO, such a beautiful car :eek:
    S13 and S2000 are okay
    Corolla and Impreza are duplicates no matter what people say :p

NoonenF1 and I-Runner like this.
  2. watashi49uk

watashi49uk

I've read and re-read MagpieRacer's message and I still can't see any mocking... :cheers:

3. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

The delay for SPA is all due to this guy he has to be plastered everywhere that the owners of SPA will allow:
    [​IMG]

4. MIE1992

MIE1992

The “Type R” Impreza WRX STI, eh? Is that new to the series? What makes this trim special?

EDIT: I’d be happy if, in either future GTS updates or the next GT game, we got more of the S20x Subarus, like the first one, and especially stuff like the BR-Z tS and the newest WRX STI RA. (I think only 300 of that latter one was made, too.) Plus, I could maybe see the BR-Z GT300 coming to Gr.3, alongside the newer GT300 Impreza that was in the PS3-era games.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    Animedeaf and ca18detsilvia like this.
  5. FireEmblem10

FireEmblem10

Hey, that's not the GTO I was expecting, good to see the more interesting model (Z16A) return.

The lack of Spa is excellent content though.

6. Schokker

Schokker

This is outrageous, it's unfair. How could they show us Spa and not have it in the next update?

GaLbaNoryes and TrafficEmpire like this.
  7. VeeDoubleU

VeeDoubleU

You mean, just like the rain?

Darla Starch, VXR, GTjedi99 and 4 others like this.
  8. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Take a seat, Schokker.

XRaider, CCLOPES and Schokker like this.
  9. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

10. MatskiMonk

MatskiMonk

I am still happy for this update.

MIE1992, ProjectF, Leo Thorne and 2 others like this.
  11. 05XR8

05XR8

Get those liveries ready.
    [​IMG]

XRaider, Darla Starch, SVX and 14 others like this.
  12. LogSwapper

LogSwapper

So no Spa, handful of cars I’m never going to use, and rain on one track that’s going to be fun for one race until I remember that driving in wet conditions is *****. Welp.
    upload_2019-8-26_16-2-39.gif

13. watto79

watto79

You'll get used to that happening. I was surprised so many people seemed sure that Spa WOULD be coming this week!

GranTurismo guy and SDSPOWER01 like this.
  14. Madracer1000

Madracer1000

See the thing with the article was at the end it says "Polyphony Digital does reportedly have the Spa circuit ready to go should the two parties come to a resolution.", and now, given the resolution as seemingly been reached, it's confusing why it's not being added. That's why I was under the impression that unlike the rain which they were likely still working on so had to delay, that Spa was ready to upload at any time once they had the rights. If that's not the case it either means
    1. there's still work to be done on the track or
    2. they're intentionally holding it back to spread out update content.

I think it's still probably that there's fine tuning to be done with Spa but if it is option 2, imo that's just silly, almost everyone would rather get 2 new tracks now (counting Rain Austria as a track for this example) than waiting an extra month for no reason.

15. LancerEvo7

LancerEvo7

I'd even go as far as to call it top shelf content. ;)

FireEmblem10 and VXR like this.
  16. f1shadowsonic

f1shadowsonic

Apparently, Spa still needed some work according to people watching the GT World Tour streams yesterday. People commenting on this thread and the last should specify the issues that were spotted.

XRaider and MIE1992 like this.
  17. 261004

I know what all these cars have in common, they all have 276 horsepowers, except the Levin. :p

Mike-ZENKAI likes this.
  18. Famine

Famine Administrator

There is a third option: it simply came too late for the update.

We were on the ground at NYC since Thursday and had no reason to think that Spa was coming. In fact the information was that the track was both a real-world track and new to the series - which of course would exclude Spa. The first we heard about it was that FB post that was published by mistake and quickly deleted. It suggests a pretty rapid state change.

Updates have to go to Sony for certification before they're approved for upload, and that takes a few days. An update on Tuesday would likely have had to go to Sony some time around Friday before last (16th). PD is likely to get a quicker turnaround than a third-party developer, but you're still probably looking at a week's notice minimum. If the situation with Spa had been resolved any later than Monday 19th, it's possible that it's just arrived too late to add it to the update - but PD would have no problem sticking it into a WT build.

The question then becomes "where's my real-world new-to-series track"? Well... if PD didn't show it off at a WT event, it's not likely to release it. As a result if this update is cars and wet track, I'd expect there to be new cars but no track at Salzburg, track (Spa) and cars in v1.43 at the end of September, cars and "new to series" track at Tokyo, and cars and that track at the end of October.

It is worth noting though that we don't know Spa isn't in this update yet, just because it wasn't in a video that shouldn't have been revealed just yet. There may be a separate video just to showcase Spa - after all, for something so much in-demand, you would, wouldn't you? Gotta get those clicks! The evidence so far does not suggest it, but we'd wait until the update notes are there on GT's own site.

XRaider, wiggs75, UnkaD and 24 others like this.
  19. GlamFM

GlamFM

Bummer.

But my hype level for GT Sport is on an all time high never the less.

Bring it!

AlanH49 likes this.
  20. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

Delete.

21. SUPRASTAR0003

SUPRASTAR0003

Hey you know what? We can finally use the windscreen wipers!!! :D

wiggs75, GTjedi99, MIE1992 and 9 others like this.
  22. Scotchboy

Scotchboy

Type R was just the name of the 2-door coupe bodied WRX STI in Japan, and has been included in some version since GT1. It denotes the bodystyle more than anything else, but in terms of spec/tuning, it was roughly equivalent to the 4-door Type RA, but a 'regular' WRX STI 2-door was not offered. I think I've got that right...

XRaider and MIE1992 like this.
  23. AlanH49

AlanH49

There where none. It’s arguably the best looking track so far.

I’m pretty sure this is PD spreading out content or it was a last minute addition. Best case scenario they’re still adding new conditions like rain. There’s also a World Tour event in 3 weeks time. So that is another opportunity to tease future update content.

NoonenF1 likes this.
  24. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Ah, so there's no Spa in the update at all, and the meme annoyingly continues. I can't wait to drive that GC8 STI and 1st Gen GTO though. :D

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  25. photonmonkey

photonmonkey

PD does like to keep us guessing lol, I suppose one thing it proves is that a lot of people are still passionate about the game :). To be fair I can wait for Spa,but I was expecting a track of sorts this month after just the cars in the last update. Still, maybe PD thinks that 5 cars plus one wet track is good enough for an update. I for one am looking forward to the cars and will have some fun splashing about at the RBR :)

AgentBlackDog and TrafficEmpire like this.
  26. GlamFM

GlamFM

I think there is a real possibility that Spa came in super hot and did not make it in time for cert.

MIE1992 likes this.
  27. xxy98cn

xxy98cn

So MotoGamesTV got some clip from their own source and published it in advance? And the "a real-world track and new to series" is a mistake?
    I couldn't help but suppose that we've got no new circuit this August.

28. GaLbaNoryes

GaLbaNoryes

It's over, PD, Forza has the high ground!

Schokker likes this.
  29. Antibrian

Antibrian

Was excited to hype myself up for the F1 Belgian GP with some laps around Spa in my favorite racing game, now I'm fresh out of hype.

evldave333 and TrafficEmpire like this.
  30. Famine

Famine Administrator

No, and I explain in the article where it came from.
    Not necessarily, no, and I explain this in the post you quoted.
    At the moment that appears to be the case, but we can't state that definitively until PD release the update notes.

Krypton78 and xxy98cn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.