GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by VeeDoubleU, Aug 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Confus

Confus

Regarding the tracks, I think you’re probably right. But at the same time, I think that PD is probably saving those, and probably a lot of cars, for GT7. Because let’s be honest, Sport has always felt like, and probably is, just a testbed for GT7. To me, it makes sense that we won’t be getting a full delivery of content in a game that is, essentially, a stopgap. I fully expect them to save a LOT of stuff for GT7, otherwise, what will be the incentive to pay another $60? Or probably over $100 in my case when I inevitably buy the extra special release day edition thing XD

2. Maynardjk1981

Maynardjk1981

I quite like the idea of a theme pack although rather than wait a month or two for the one you are interested in why not release 6 cars in an update - 2 Asian, 2 European and 2 American.

Canucks_9419 and AussieMitch like this.
  3. GaLbaNoryes

GaLbaNoryes

Imagine getting rain and Spa in the future and going "the updates are getting weaker and weaker"

Gamrac and AlanH49 like this.
  4. MichalRaven

MichalRaven

5. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Yeah I do see some commonalties with what we now know with GT5/6... the content is in the game. The raw track data is already in existence on their servers. I do get why they want to dole out the content at their speed.

The other approach would be like Forza where it dies like ironically right now.

I always feel like with something like 100 mil. plus consoles out there that GT Sport deserves more 'respect' as it were from PD being this could be the only title this gen.

6. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Nah man I want DYNAMIC TIME AND WEATHER IN GT SPORT NOW IN PS4 LOCKED AT 60 FPS on all of the tracks!

@MichalRaven OOOF that Digital dash once again :lol:. i1UR1CSbBQStBb.jpg

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    nickf1gr, XRaider, sirjim73 and 5 others like this.
  7. FUNanywhere

FUNanywhere

No way SPA was coming this update. Look how much time Wet Red Bull took.

8. anthonyfa18

anthonyfa18

mabe the ps4 pro can do that but i dont see the base ps4 having the power

9. Castrol96

Castrol96

If we get a rain update per track each month, that's a long time to cover most.

Was looking forward to Tokyo in Night and rain but I guess not.

XRaider likes this.
  10. AngryEater

AngryEater

Love the new stuff, thank you Kaz!
    Please keep up the good work.

11. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

This is the first time I can think of that a new circuit has been used in an FIA event but wasn’t available in the following update.

Key being new circuit, I’m not counting rain at RBR under that.

Quakebass and Fabr_123 like this.
  12. Pelikan

Pelikan

The thing that stood out the most to me were the raindrops on the hood of the Subaru in the trailer. I believe this is the first time we have seen that effect in Gran Turismo, right?

13. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

The raindrops were always there just that this time its more visibly clear.

14. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

No Spa then. Still looks cool :)

Animedeaf likes this.
  15. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Spa will come next month on next update, just like RBR rain.

Animedeaf likes this.
  16. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor

Honestly what we're y'all expecting? ASSUME ASS U ME.

GranTurismo guy likes this.
  17. GTnForza4ever

GTnForza4ever (Banned)

Love seeing all the clueless, angry and confused fanboys crying for their Spa. Laughably over-rated track!

mwoodski likes this.
  18. Famine

Famine Administrator

Odd that it's v1.43...

19. Vspectra

Vspectra

Super premium s2000, looks incredible.

[​IMG]

20. DPereira_2909

DPereira_2909

A YouTuber who took part in a lot of these events said in a video the track would within the first couple of months of 2019. This was subtly confirmed by a GTP administrator a few days after the video's release. This was also before the licensing issues and means the track was already modeled by then.
    Also GTPlanet released an article confirming the track was already prepared to launch, but couldn't due to licensing, about five months ago.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  21. Nielsen

Nielsen

Ok, Spa is definitely not coming this update. Not sure why PD feels like orchestrating the emotional rollercoaster ride.

This could indicate a new direction for the DLC with rain interchangeably taking the monthly spotlight for existing tracks. Possibly replacing new layouts for existing original circuits.

sirjim73, AlanH49 and theschledy like this.
  22. theschledy

theschledy

Friday: New update with rain, and SPA is coming!

Monday: Rain is at one track, and SPA was a teaser for another release. Oh and enjoy Gr.4 daily race B at Suzuka again.

I'll save my full rant for tomorrow.

sirjim73, Racer93, GTFan24 and 4 others like this.
  23. DPereira_2909

DPereira_2909

Useless opinions are always a joy to read.

24. Savolainen83

Savolainen83

An S2000, YES!!!!!!

Now all I need is the 2002 NSX-R with Tokyo R246 and I'm good. Hopefully the latter two will arrive soon.

Not bothered about the lack of spa at all, I just moved to a new apartment and it has a bathtub. :p

XRaider and Animedeaf like this.
  25. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Despite all the dissapointments in this thread its worth noting that the Hungarian racing account on instagram seems to be a very credible source for upcoming leaks.. they were spot on, on the update date and the wet weather conditions!

26. Satomiblood

Satomiblood

Kind of hoping tire stickers can be added to all other car classes that didn't have that option. I noticed that was the case over the weekend with Gr.4, but don't know if it'll be included with this update.

AlanH49 and AngryEater like this.
  27. juanffy18

juanffy18

The GT and GT2 GTO is the 1992 model this one from GT Sport is completely new, but i think the changes are not really complex between 1991 and 1992 model.

28. Castrol96

Castrol96

Yeah, I remember that.

Besides that, the trees lacked of detail in the track. I still think it needs some work to be detailed like Le mans and Nurburgring.

ProjectF likes this.
  29. ARTAsean

ARTAsean (Banned)

Or maybe the Live Events are just played on a high-FPS version of the track, which is much more likely...

30. Confus

Confus

Yeah, I get your point, and tbh it is a bit of a letdown for me as well that we won’t be seeing GT7 on PS4, if only because I don’t want to have to buy another console when I’ll only use it for one game. But, if cutting back on things in this game means GT7 is gonna have more unseen content, then I’m all for it.

TrafficEmpire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.