GT Sport Update v1.43 Arrives August 27, Adds Five New Cars And Rain

• Thread starter VeeDoubleU
  • 423 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probbly one of the few who believe that like GT5, PD already have a slew of premade tracks, I'm guessing mostly 'originals', which they can drop at any time.

A track isnt made in a month.

Regarding the tracks, I think you’re probably right. But at the same time, I think that PD is probably saving those, and probably a lot of cars, for GT7. Because let’s be honest, Sport has always felt like, and probably is, just a testbed for GT7. To me, it makes sense that we won’t be getting a full delivery of content in a game that is, essentially, a stopgap. I fully expect them to save a LOT of stuff for GT7, otherwise, what will be the incentive to pay another $60? Or probably over $100 in my case when I inevitably buy the extra special release day edition thing XD

God knows I love Japanese rice buckets but FIVE of them in one shot is kind of a bit much UNLESS they continue this trend and do 5 Euro machines and then 5 American classics etc.

Its only fair. A theme pack if you will.
I quite like the idea of a theme pack although rather than wait a month or two for the one you are interested in why not release 6 cars in an update - 2 Asian, 2 European and 2 American.

At this point I'm starting to look ahead to the next GT game. These updates are getting weaker and weaker. The thing I still think that's possible is them letting us save more decals. 1000 isn't enough.
Imagine getting rain and Spa in the future and going "the updates are getting weaker and weaker"

Regarding the tracks, I think you’re probably right. But at the same time, I think that PD is probably saving those, and probably a lot of cars, for GT7. Because let’s be honest, Sport has always felt like, and probably is, just a testbed for GT7. To me, it makes sense that we won’t be getting a full delivery of content in a game that is, essentially, a stopgap. I fully expect them to save a LOT of stuff for GT7, otherwise, what will be the incentive to pay another $60? Or probably over $100 in my case when I inevitably buy the extra special release day edition thing XD

Yeah I do see some commonalties with what we now know with GT5/6... the content is in the game. The raw track data is already in existence on their servers. I do get why they want to dole out the content at their speed.

The other approach would be like Forza where it dies like ironically right now.

I always feel like with something like 100 mil. plus consoles out there that GT Sport deserves more 'respect' as it were from PD being this could be the only title this gen.

Nah man I want DYNAMIC TIME AND WEATHER IN GT SPORT NOW IN PS4 LOCKED AT 60 FPS on all of the tracks!

@MichalRaven OOOF that Digital dash once again :lol:.
i1UR1CSbBQStBb.jpg

Last edited:
If we get a rain update per track each month, that's a long time to cover most.

Was looking forward to Tokyo in Night and rain but I guess not.

The thing that stood out the most to me were the raindrops on the hood of the Subaru in the trailer. I believe this is the first time we have seen that effect in Gran Turismo, right?

The thing that stood out the most to me were the raindrops on the hood of the Subaru in the trailer. I believe this is the first time we have seen that effect in Gran Turismo, right?
The raindrops were always there just that this time its more visibly clear.

Where's the proof then??
A YouTuber who took part in a lot of these events said in a video the track would within the first couple of months of 2019. This was subtly confirmed by a GTP administrator a few days after the video's release. This was also before the licensing issues and means the track was already modeled by then.
Also GTPlanet released an article confirming the track was already prepared to launch, but couldn't due to licensing, about five months ago.

Last edited:
Ok, Spa is definitely not coming this update. Not sure why PD feels like orchestrating the emotional rollercoaster ride.

This could indicate a new direction for the DLC with rain interchangeably taking the monthly spotlight for existing tracks. Possibly replacing new layouts for existing original circuits.

An S2000, YES!!!!!!

Now all I need is the 2002 NSX-R with Tokyo R246 and I'm good. Hopefully the latter two will arrive soon.

Not bothered about the lack of spa at all, I just moved to a new apartment and it has a bathtub. :P

Kind of hoping tire stickers can be added to all other car classes that didn't have that option. I noticed that was the case over the weekend with Gr.4, but don't know if it'll be included with this update.

A YouTuber who took part in a lot of these events said in a video the track would within the first couple of months of 2019. This was subtly confirmed by a GTP administrator a few days after the video's release. This was also before the licensing issues and means the track was already modeled by then.
Also GTPlanet released an article confirming the track was already prepared to launch, but couldn't due to licensing, about five months ago.

Yeah, I remember that.

Besides that, the trees lacked of detail in the track. I still think it needs some work to be detailed like Le mans and Nurburgring.

Yeah, I remember that.

Besides that, the trees lacked of detail in the track. I still think it needs some work to be detailed like Le mans and Nurburgring.

Or maybe the Live Events are just played on a high-FPS version of the track, which is much more likely...

I always feel like with something like 100 mil. plus consoles out there that GT Sport deserves more 'respect' as it were from PD being this could be the only title this gen.

Yeah, I get your point, and tbh it is a bit of a letdown for me as well that we won’t be seeing GT7 on PS4, if only because I don’t want to have to buy another console when I’ll only use it for one game. But, if cutting back on things in this game means GT7 is gonna have more unseen content, then I’m all for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back