GT Sport Update v1.53 Arrives, Adds Laguna Seca, Ford GT and More

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 271 comments
I've been playing GTS for two years and this car has never come up on that stupid wheel. I consider this the rarest car in the game because you can't do anything specific to win it and it's all about luck to obtain it.. I obviously have no luck.

Got it once 2 year's ago not since. It's the only attainable unicorn, the others appear but i haven't won one since real money(?) was introduced.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171026230319.png
    Gran Turismo™SPORT_20171026230319.png
    65.1 KB · Views: 58
Not sure what everyone's on about with the new GT handling well, it drives like every other N700+ car in the game.

Nothing but oversteer and poor braking on entry, and don't even THINK about touching the throttle again until you're well past the apex :lol::scared:

The Ford GT is the best handling road car in the game... It's as brilliant as the F40 and handles like a race car. The braking, the steering and the overall grip is much better than I expected. I thought that PD had started simulating ground effect the car handled soo well. It's just that good. I don't care if it has a Ford badge or not; that stands for nothing when the driving experience is highly addictive.

Last edited:
Not sure what everyone's on about with the new GT handling well, it drives like every other N700+ car in the game.

Nothing but oversteer and poor braking on entry, and don't even THINK about touching the throttle again until you're well past the apex :lol::scared:

I’d say that it’s tail happy nature is the most difficult part of the GT. I was actually finding that traction control was pretty useful with this car as it masks the cars biggest downside.

I guess you can’t really think, that it’s possible to put down that much power in a road car without some traction issues. It’s a modern hypercar so in reality the electronics play a massive part in making the car properly drivable.

For now, my only issue with the Ford GT is that the spoiler retracts below a certain speed. I wish we had an option in the settings menu to leave the spoiler in the deployed position always.

The Ford GT is the best handling road car in the game... It's as brilliant as the F40 and handles like a race car. The braking, the steering and the overall grip is much better than I expected. I thought that PD had started simulating ground effect the car handled soo well. It's just that good. I don't care if it has a Ford badge or not; that stands for nothing when the driving experience is highly addictive.
Well, it's your current avatar, after all. :lol:

Kidding aside, maybe the MR C8 Corvette could follow in the future so that some sort of a reborn rivalry between the two would be possible in the game.

You say that but then again that didn't stop them from adding 2 Lexus RCF GT3's 2 Toyota Corolla (AE86's) etc . Also a car that no longer exists ? what?

Yeah you are comparing a brand that has a working report with PD and is almost exclusive to them, with a brand that is more limited and probably asking for more of a licensing fee.

So while you may think it's apples to apples it's not. If it was we'd probably have long had this car, the GTE and the GT4/GT350R-C.
I have no idea :lol: I guess @LMSCorvetteGT2 means that its no longer active ? But even then it retired last year (as a factory car) so its not that old .

Age has nothing to do with a car that is 3 years old and was actively updated and will no longer be allowed to race. Thus no longer exist other than in a racing museum soon to be.

Last edited:
GT on PS5 ready...

It looks fantastic, very impressive. I've never been a fan of Laguna Seca before but for some reason the track seems far more difficult to drive than in past games. That's a very good thing, it keeps the interest up. Never thought I would say it but it's a welcome addition. And the Ford GT and 911 are both brilliant - on any circuit!

Yeah you are comparing a brand that has a working report with PD and is almost exclusive to them, with a brand that is more limited and probably asking for more of a licensing fee.

So while you may think it's apples to apples it's not. If it was we'd probably have long had this car, the GTE and the GT4/GT350R-C.

Age has nothing to do with a car that is 3 years old and was actively updated and will no longer be allowed to race. Thus no longer exist other than in a racing museum soon to be.
I never said that but saving money is saving money.

Its a good hanlding car but you went way too far here.

Not only am I glad that Laguna Seca is back, I’m also glad that we can race there during sunset/dusk for the first time since GT3. I love it.

it´s my impression or the last 2 real circuits SPA and Laguna Seca are the most detailed and real of the game?

I think Laguna Seca is on a completely different level TBH.

After finally getting the chance to drive the track in all conditions I think it’s the best looking track in the game.

The lighting - already ridiculously good in GTS in general - seems even more impressive here.

This is the closest GTS has gotten to photorealistic yet.

Truly impressive stuff.

@crooky369 made an excellent point with the electronics that aid putting the power down in real life.

About the brakes, I used to think that about the N700+ cars in GT also, but then I considered how much faster these cars cover distance, and how much speed I was taking into corners and had to rethink how I drive them. They can be a mental chore to drive at +8/10ths!

Really drives home how awesome it is to drive a slow car fast :lol:

But then again some might highlight the non-linear pedal throttle, and the tire model as the culprits:boggled:

I've tested the Ford GT'17 braking performances yesterday, with sport hard tyres... (the stock ones)

It nails 6.2 seconds from 300 km/h to 0, like in the real life model !!!

We have to stop saying that N cars brakes poorly.

Back