GT Sport Update v1.53 Arrives, Adds Laguna Seca, Ford GT and More

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 271 comments
If anyone cares to know: If you decide to go through the pit road instead of going through the turn 2 hairpin, it's a 2 second penalty. I was worried something may be broken there.

I'll also say I was pleasantly surprised by the Toyota E63, very fun drift car. The Ford GT was also fun, but felt like it could use some downforce (we need the race car). Great looking car though.

Edit: I was worried Laguna was going to feel like a glorified Red Bull ring, but it's a pretty fun track! Hoping for Gr.4 race B there next week.

No ReBorn Pink? Really? :lol:

toyota_crown_hybrid_athlete_g_reborn_pink_5.jpg
This was the main thing I was upset about.

I wish I had never seen Reborn Pink because now I have to make a livery I thought I would never make...thanks all!

Finally got on track. What's the deal with the giant sausage kerbs on every single corner at Laguna Seca? Is that a real world update or just for the game to discourage corner cutting? They're way too close in because you can legally get two wheels over the rumble strip but now that area has the kerb and it hits your inside wheel, launching you up in the air. Even if you only graze it slightly it will greatly mess up your car's trajectory. WTF

Finally got on track. What's the deal with the giant sausage kerbs on every single corner at Laguna Seca? Is that a real world update or just for the game to discourage corner cutting? They're way too close in because you can legally get two wheels over the rumble strip but now that area has the kerb and it hits your inside wheel, launching you up in the air. Even if you only graze it slightly it will greatly mess up your car's trajectory. WTF
I welcome them actually. ;)

I don't mind if they're there in real life because realism but if they added it for their crappy "esports" game then I'm not happy.

I really like the update and love the 993 too

Dude excellent livery!!
I come here with heavy heart.. to profess my disappointment in this thing. The engine only revs a little over 7000, which could be OK, but then it doesn't sound like anything. A faintly muffled Porsche flat six. I guess I was expecting it to be slower but more fun, squirrely and exciting than a 996 GT3. Even the handling was disappointingly good :lol: It felt like it was on rails on sports hard tires.

Also sad was the Ford GT. It's pretty fun to drive, but sounds like a big nothing. I suppose that's sort of authentic but jeeze.

The Ford GT is the best handling road car in the game... It's as brilliant as the F40 and handles like a race car. The braking, the steering and the overall grip is much better than I expected. I thought that PD had started simulating ground effect the car handled soo well. It's just that good. I don't care if it has a Ford badge or not; that stands for nothing when the driving experience is highly addictive.
Amuse S2000 Gt1 has the best handling in Road cars.

I guess there's something PD are close to getting right with Gr.4 Custom Races. Less FF cars at Laguna Seca. NOticed on;l the TT Cup is preset.
EMKvnO9VUAAnazI

EMKvsKyVAAAPIO_

Flipped back and forth between different tracks and also selected an FF, to see if the grid at LS changed.
EMKwCh0UUAAVgDT

EMKwSPVVUAAr2NH

EMKwmhxUEAA29Ag

EMKw3ncUYAAFHvi

EMKxcOaU0AAjjRp

Now, two things, (1) AWD cars are present: Veyron, Atenza and Evo. PD are nearly there to make an all RWD Gr.4 race. (2) AI doing their mid-corner braking. At Spa, the AI are fast. Aggressive in blocking and keep up speed in the corners. LS AI are just slow. Bathurst slow. PD programmed the AI to "stop" at every entry, middle and exit of every corner. A shame.

I really like the handling of the new Porsche, the front is really well-planted and the brakes are just brilliant. New N300 meta perhaps ?

The biggest surprise tho would be the Toyota. I kinda expected it to be a boat but it was anything but that. My favourite car of the bunch.

The VW was also really pleasant to drive. Althought hot hatches aren't really my thing, this one is an exception.

I also like how presice is the handling ofthe new Ford GT, as well as the breaking. However, on high speeds the understeer really kicks and turns the car into a boat.

Laguna Seca... The corkscrew seems easier than previous GTs. Can't wait for it to show up in the daily race. The carnage at the top of the hill will be entertaining.

I would have liked some audible chassis rumble when taking the Corkscrew. The dip at Brands Hatch makes more noise, which seems odd in comparison.

I really like the handling of the new Porsche, the front is really well-planted and the brakes are just brilliant. New N300 meta perhaps ?

The biggest surprise tho would be the Toyota. I kinda expected it to be a boat but it was anything but that. My favourite car of the bunch.

The VW was also really pleasant to drive. Althought hot hatches aren't really my thing, this one is an exception.

I also like how presice is the handling ofthe new Ford GT, as well as the breaking. However, on high speeds the understeer really kicks and turns the car into a boat.
At this particular track, I'm actually quicker in the Crown versus the 993. Stock settings, SM tyres, BOP ON. Two runs in two days. What's funny is, I went equally as slow.
EMLLKCsUcAAdBmd

Is there a list of the new GT League rounds? Like where they take place? I think seven rounds were added, with one at Laguna Seca for the events focusing on MR cars, Super Formula, and the Nissan Z cars - plus a Gr.1 endurance race at Spa-Francorchamps. I suppose I was curious about the remaining three rounds.

Is there a list of the new GT League rounds? Like where they take place? I think seven rounds were added, with one at Laguna Seca for the events focusing on MR cars, Super Formula, and the Nissan Z cars - plus a Gr.1 endurance race at Spa-Francorchamps. I suppose I was curious about the remaining three rounds.

Z Heritage Races 4 and 5 - Alsace Village and Laguna Seca
Super Formula Races 6 and 7 - Spa-Francorchamps (rain) and Laguna Seca
Midship Challenge Races 6 and 7 - Laguna Seca and Dragon Trail Gardens reverse
Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Race 7 - Spa-Francorchamps

Back