(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Scirocco seeing as the only other Volkswagen 'Touring Car' is the Golf.

Here's the list of (Base or GT Tuned) cars from the manufacturers mentioned under 400 BHP that haven't been used in previous seasons.

Honda: Civic Type R '97

Nissan:
Silvia Spec-R Aero '07

Toyota:
Prius TC, 86GT Base Model

Volkswagen:
Golf IV, Scirocco N24

Honda and Nissan are pretty much confirmed.

Here's the list of (Base or GT Tuned) cars from the manufacturers mentioned under 400 BHP that haven't been used in previous seasons.

Honda: Civic Type R '97

Nissan:
Silvia Spec-R Aero '07

Toyota:
Prius TC, 86GT Base Model

Volkswagen:
Golf IV, Scirocco N24

Honda and Nissan are pretty much confirmed.
Close. Will give you a lollypop for trying ;) :lol:

Honda Integra returns (thought about civic but Integra is better)
Nissan Silvia
Toyota 86
VW Scirocco

I tried to add the megane but no luck. If anyone else has any ideas or possible cars drop me a PM 👍

Looks extremely likely. Initial plan was to give car choice in order of championship standings. But I think now i'll do it via team selection. E.g as filo champ his team gets first choice, then DPR, then so on
Which brings up another question, how many slots are there for each manufacturer?

Which brings up another question, how many slots are there for each manufacturer?
(Apologies for double post) Maybe two teams to a manufacturer with two drivers each? Independants get free choice if so.

what about independents?
If no more cars are added, then possibly 4. Again, it depends on numbers really. But like @epic_apri_39 said i'll probably look at 4 available cars of each, maybe even 5 depending on numbers. Independents and part times perhaps 2 available of each for them and they are able to stand in for a missing full time driver.

Sounds good! Again I'm not sure
I can make every race but the ones I can make I'll be there:tup:

As for car...a choice would be interesting. Will teammates have to drive the same car?
At the moment it looks like people will.

So far it depends on number. I have about 8 full time drivers and 10 part time drivers. It's not that good really to be able to determine how many cars of each. If anyone has any suggestions it would be great. I'll be closing the form soon and start working on finalizing everything, but i'm a bit unsure as to what to do at the moment.

How about each manufacture has 3 team drivers, and one or 2 independent drivers. Have a team manager for each (will be in charge though and needs to work in unison with myself). Difficult to make everyone happy but this may work. Only downside is that there won't be a manufactures championship.

However if team mates didn't have to use the same car then it would be open, but so far it is 11-4 in favour of team mates using the same car.

But how does that sound?

What's the problem with team mates using the same car, and around 5 drivers for each car? Don't have to be too strict about it, just roughly 5, between team drivers and independents.

What's the problem with team mates using the same car, and around 5 drivers for each car? Don't have to be too strict about it, just roughly 5, between team drivers and independents.
my problem is possibly having too many of one car and things being unbalanced. But yeah, if I give choice in championship order that shouldn't be too bad 👍

Actually I remember the problem now :lol: Some wanted a possible 3 drivers per team so that it makes the teams more fair and competitive. So how should we go about that?

5 of each car for all and allow people to decide between themselves?

There's probably not enough people for 3 drivers per team, and still have enough teams for it not to be the same as Season 6.

There's probably not enough people for 3 drivers per team, and still have enough teams for it not to be the same as Season 6.
Thing is, people will want a reliable team mate. Of the 'title contenders' I think now we can get a minimum of 4 teams whos drivers attend all rounds, and other teams that could run fairly consistent too.

5 of each car seems fine to me. Even if there is one car outweighing another it may not be too bad due to those not turning up.

Mixed manufacturer series with FR allowed is just like any other series. People are expecting a GT300 series from a BTCC inspired championship. :confused:

Single make FF works best. Season 6 was terrific - we all said so. Unique in its balance and fairness, just like the BTCC it is inspired by. That's the winning formula. Same car again on different tracks, or a new but similar car on new or mixed selection of tracks.

There should be a lot of setups available for Scirroco R. Think it had a Quick Match at Red Bull Ring some time ago? Also has been a go-to vehicle for FF limited challenges in the past. Well-known OP for its PP at certain levels. Not one I've driven much, though.

@TNR_KING_FILO can we be team-mates if it's a one make FF championship? :)

I'm open to invitations as I didn't have a team last season.

Mixed manufacturer series with FR allowed is just like any other series. People are expecting a GT300 series from a BTCC inspired championship. :confused:

Single make FF works best. Season 6 was terrific - we all said so. Unique in its balance and fairness, just like the BTCC it is inspired by. That's the winning formula. Same car again on different tracks, or a new but similar car on new or mixed selection of tracks.

There should be a lot of setups available for Scirroco R. Think it had a Quick Match at Red Bull Ring some time ago? Also has been a go-to vehicle for FF limited challenges in the past. Well-known OP for its PP at certain levels. Not one I've driven much, though.

Touring Car also is Rear wheel drive. Each car has different strengths/weaknesses. We've had multi car grids in the past. I agree it's not as good in my opinion, but it's still worked fine.

@Ash9414 most definitely!
@TNR_KING_FILO / TNR_FILO / #65
TNR (TBA)

Sorry Ben. ;)

Back