(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I want to see if anyone agrees and rant a bit :lol:

So, who was to blame for the Hamilton/Rosberg incident?

Now, you all know that I campaign for clean racing and always do race as clean as possible. If that incident had happened here, I would have penalised rosberg, as this is fun racing on a game. However these two reasons will prove that it was 99.99% Hamilton's fault.

According to the sporting regulations, the driver on the inside has the right to defend his position. Now you also have to remember that the white line is defined as the track limits. Nico ran him up to the white line and turned in before they got there. There was still room on track for lewis. So legally, what Nico did was technically legal.

Then you take into consideration the context of the situation. Nico is always criticised as lewis beats him at wheel to wheel racing. I agree Lewis is the better racer, however he hasnt proved himself as better wheel to wheel. Instead he runs nico off the track, and nico takes avoiding action. So i'm glad nico gave lewis a taste of his own medicine, and lewis turned in (before the white line) and expected nico to move.

If it was the other way around they would have blamed Nico. I feel bad for him and I wonder if anyone else agrees.

I want to see if anyone agrees and rant a bit :lol:

So, who was to blame for the Hamilton/Rosberg incident?

Now, you all know that I campaign for clean racing and always do race as clean as possible. If that incident had happened here, I would have penalised rosberg, as this is fun racing on a game. However these two reasons will prove that it was 99.99% Hamilton's fault.

According to the sporting regulations, the driver on the inside has the right to defend his position. Now you also have to remember that the white line is defined as the track limits. Nico ran him up to the white line and turned in before they got there. There was still room on track for lewis. So legally, what Nico did was technically legal.

Then you take into consideration the context of the situation. Nico is always criticised as lewis beats him at wheel to wheel racing. I agree Lewis is the better racer, however he hasnt proved himself as better wheel to wheel. Instead he runs nico off the track, and nico takes avoiding action. So i'm glad nico gave lewis a taste of his own medicine, and lewis turned in (before the white line) and expected nico to move.

If it was the other way around they would have blamed Nico. I feel bad for him and I wonder if anyone else agrees.
As much as I am a fan of Nico's. It's entirely his fault. A braking issues doesn't stop him from turning in and avoiding his teammate. Totally unnecessary move if you could shut the door on the exit considering you're taking a shorter route.

As much as I am a fan of Nico's. It's entirely his fault. A braking issues doesn't stop him from turning in and avoiding his teammate. Totally unnecessary move if you could shut the door on the exit considering you're taking a shorter route.
But that's the thing, it wasnt braking issues, it was him trying to race wheel to wheel with lewis. As I said above it was nico's way of showing lewis he can race. If you dive into the legalities of it he;

A) defended his position
B) Still left lewis room and turned in before he pushed lewis off. It just so happened lewis turned in (there was a gap between his car and the white line) and left plenty of room.

Very naughty and wrong of nico but it was still pretty legal, and lewis has done it to him all season and gotten away with it.

But that's the thing, it wasnt braking issues, it was him trying to race wheel to wheel with lewis. As I said above it was nico's way of showing lewis he can race. If you dive into the legalities of it he;

A) defended his position
B) Still left lewis room and turned in before he pushed lewis off. It just so happened lewis turned in (there was a gap between his car and the white line) and left plenty of room.

Very naughty and wrong of nico but it was still pretty legal, and lewis has done it to him all season and gotten away with it.
I won't argue your points as they are true, except from Nico's braking issue. That was found to be the case, and was partially the reason why he had a bad Turn 1.

Nico was in every right to defend his position and from viewing experience, I think he's been taking notes from Lewis on how to do it because it was very, shall we say, Hamilton-esque? Except the difference is, Lewis pulls it off and Nico didn't.

In my honest opinion, what Nico was trying to do is similar to what Senna did in 1990. It seems to be the same mindset too. Either he wins or neither do. The response to the media was similar too, both blaming the other driver for the contact (at least until Senna admitted it was him a year later).

EDIT: When you say what Nico did was legal. Remember that Hamilton was technically in front of him as they reached the corner. If I'm not mistaken, in the FIA rulebook, it is the responsibility of the driver behind to not make contact. We saw this with Di Grassi in Formula E yesterday. However, I won't throw that part of the book at it because they were alongside and Nico had right to the inside... Idk that's a grey area I think.

I won't argue your points as they are true, except from Nico's braking issue. That was found to be the case, and was partially the reason why he had a bad Turn 1.

Nico was in every right to defend his position and from viewing experience, I think he's been taking notes from Lewis on how to do it because it was very, shall we say, Hamilton-esque? Except the difference is, Lewis pulls it off and Nico didn't.

In my honest opinion, what Nico was trying to do is similar to what Senna did in 1990. It seems to be the same mindset too. Either he wins or neither do. The response to the media was similar too, both blaming the other driver for the contact (at least until Senna admitted it was him a year later).

EDIT: When you say what Nico did was legal. Remember that Hamilton was technically in front of him as they reached the corner. If I'm not mistaken, in the FIA rulebook, it is the responsibility of the driver behind to not make contact. We saw this with Di Grassi in Formula E yesterday. However, I won't throw that part of the book at it because they were alongside and Nico had right to the inside... Idk that's a grey area I think.
I know nico did have brake problems, but turn 1 was also due to trying to stay in front, and I think it was used more as an excuse then it really did. Lewis pulls it off because nico takes avoiding action. Lewis takes no **** and wouldn't drive into the run off. Nico is much weaker mentally, and that's where the problem lies.

I'm not sure if Lewis was ahead, but I think you're confused. That rule is a half car length (and I know it wasn't that much) and the rule applies only to the driver on the inside while making an overtake. If they get within half a cars length while overtaking then the defending driver has to acknowledge that. Nico knew for sure he was there, but it was still his right to the corner.

Still uneeded from Nico though, especially if he truly believed he could win. I think he panicked after turn one (it was turning in too early rather than brakes that was the problem) saw lewis and didn't know what to do.

His season is over anyway, cant see him coming back from this.

It's 4PM here so I'll probably put the room up around 4:30AM tomorrow morning since it's a holiday.
Awsome. No promises I can get online but will try my best. Testing yesterday didn't go well. Storm improved but every tweak I made to the car made it slower :banghead:

Awsome. No promises I can get online but will try my best. Testing yesterday didn't go well. Storm improved but every tweak I made to the car made it slower :banghead:
Last night's practice was interesting, had a few people in the lobby using non-eligible cars so my suggestion would be to have the filter on for Honda, VW, Nissan and Toyota cars only and the spec limit at 495pp along with the usual spec limits we endorse...

I had a tune from the other day that I added a little tweak to here and there... Got me a respectable lap time so all was good. I'll post a tune in a PM/conversation for the Honda to my teammate to compare, although I might stretch an invitation to other Honda users... IF I feel like being a good sportsman. ;)

I've found making a lot of Ash Rosberg jokes on the preview has improved my confidence going into the first round. ;) :lol:

No, not really. Just wait and see the preview :lol:

Thinking back on it, it was @Antares26 who started the rosberg joke. I just thought it was a great comparison and its great to use :lol:

Incase anyone still hasn't seen the race, but @J_Starscream I think this proves my point;
^BE64BD0F89C8070D2FA113B425608606A7975271F1A2D1C26F^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

^B2E4275FB04DE8966CD9E4D0038A41328D741367850064E8F8^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

:lol:

Anyway, on a serious not as was the reason for my post :P

1. Does anyone have a representative Formula Rocket lap time (remember no tuning was allowed and an oil change).
2. If anyone is unsure about the starts or wants it explained more please contact me. I'm happy to meet with people and talk them through it, but I think a few practices on Friday before race 1 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Back