(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Seemed perfectly fine to me @True-blue-8 ;)

I would've got out my headset, but I don't want you all to realise you're being beaten by a 12 year old girl. :P
No, i'm being serious. There's messing around, and then there was that. What a great first round its going to be with driving like that, people cant even do a semi decent start, just plain shocking and pathetic.

Yeah, the starts do need to be sorted out. So it's two lanes, limited to 40mph, then the leader chooses when to go after the last corner? We should do two warm up laps, especially around the shorter circuits.

We are going to need that start practice on Friday. :lol:
Nope. People had weeks to understand and attempt it. It would take weeks to improve from that. The only way is for single file starts now. But it doesn't matter as i'll just get ran out at Druids.

Yeah, the starts do need to be sorted out. So it's two lanes, limited to 40mph, then the leader chooses when to go after the last corner? We should do two warm up laps, especially around the shorter circuits.
No mate, I stressed to people to take it seriously. Maybe they did, which is worse. Those who didn't merely ruined the rest of the seasons starts, so good job people 👍

If it was me, then I was only messing around this evening. Sorry if that ruined anyone else's practice. :/

Rolling starts should work if people are all in the correct cars and the slower, less serious people are at the back. :P

If it was me, then I was only messing around this evening. Sorry if that ruined anyone else's practice. :/

Rolling starts should work if people are all in the correct cars and the slower, less serious people are at the back. :P
wasn't just you, it was a combination of everything. I stressed to everyone to be serious for two minutes. If we cant do a decent start with the serious drivers there then what hope do we have for race 3.

I've done all I can preparing for this season and quite frankly i've lost interest for round 1 now. I'm not going to dwell on it, im just going to move on and make sure I tighten up massively on stewarding.

Every time I tried to get the front of my car along side of the rear of the car in front of me, he would floor it lol and everyone went way before the start/ finish line. It was pretty bizarre

i was under the impression as soon as leader goes you go imo 40mph is way too slow
I agree 40 was hence why I asked people to pick it up to 60, instead people slowed down.

You do go same time as the leader (by watching the person in front) but the leader is meant to go as they pass the straight finish line. But also, 4 cars side by side on the straight is just bonkers how people can see what is happening and think 'yeah, this is right'.

I agree 40 was hence why I asked people to pick it up to 60, instead people slowed down.

You do go same time as the leader (by watching the person in front) but the leader is meant to go as they pass the straight finish line. But also, 4 cars side by side on the straight is just bonkers how people can see what is happening and think 'yeah, this is right'.
The randoms kinda made things confusing too, plus there's really no space in between cars. I don't think rolling starts are meant to be double file from the start of the formation lap.

The randoms kinda made things confusing too, plus there's really no space in between cars. I don't think rolling starts are meant to be double file from the start of the formation lap.
They aren't, as explained in the rules but no one ever reads them tbh

Fact of the matter is when the actual start occurred, it was no way similar to what I had explained as we drove around

I couldn't really hear you clearly over the microphone tbh! I just went with what the people in front of me were doing.

I couldn't really hear you clearly over the microphone tbh! I just went with what the people in front of me were doing.
I was merely repeating the already written rules and explanations, so people should have known what to do. Theres no argument against that. The rules were there and there was no excuse not to have know the procedure. If anyone does do an illegal start, ignore them as they'll be punished afterwards.

But theres no point dwelling on it. Every time I try explain theres no notice taken, people just think im moaning and the exact same thing happens next time, which just spoils the racing for a few people completely.

Moving on, I have no confidence with round 1 anymore and ive wasted my time organising, setting up and practicing a very fast race pace, just for it to go wrong at druids. Dreading it at the moment.

This vid's been posted countless times here, but I'll just put this here now, and maybe the day before the race too.

Try to keep the pack as tights as possible, but should not be overlapping

Overlapping's the biggest problem I noticed in the start earlier, provided everyone gives enough space for others and the leader accelerates only after hitting the start/finish line, it's going to be smooth sailing. If anything, I don't think we'd be that dumb to do those silly mistakes in the actual race. I trust in people enough to believe that.

Unfortunately the only real solution I see is to have single file starts. That was a serious attempt and it was awful start to finish. I had people overtaking me at the start. Seriously?

I'm not sure whether people just took it way over the top tonight or that is what will happen come he start. Unfortunately I can't see it working,as it hasn't so far. The rules weren't read so there's nothing else I can do.

Is everyone ready to run this Friday and do it seriously? I've pushed the start date back for people and its not a nice way to be repayed. There were people interested in racing and after last night it has made the series look a joke. Some people still haven't come and talked to me about it (again), and make excuse after excuse. Theres no excuse for not reading the rules, and there will be no more leniency to people. I've tried that already and that's the sort of thing given in return. There has been test after test put in place and no one has attended. The single file start will stay, and even that im not confident will be done properly.

I will post it up with the briefing later as well but can people fill in this attendance form

Also,hoped to post this with some enjoyment going into the season, but here is the preview 👍

Is everyone ready to run this Friday and do it seriously? I've pushed the start date back for people and its not a nice way to be repayed. There were people interested in racing and after last night it has made the series look a joke. Some people still haven't come and talked to me about it (again), and make excuse after excuse. Theres no excuse for not reading the rules, and there will be no more leniency to people. I've tried that already and that's the sort of thing given in return. There has been test after test put in place and no one has attended. The single file start will stay, and even that im not confident will be done properly.

I will post it up with the briefing later as well but can people fill in this attendance form

Also,hoped to post this with some enjoyment going into the season, but here is the preview 👍
That preview! :bowdown:

what did you expect? it was an open lobby with randoms n GTR's, of course it was a mess. If you wanted to do a serious practice do it with the series entrants in a club only lobby. if you wanted to do a formation lap then type it. i muted you because the i found the music too loud. i didn't even know what was happening

what did you expect? it was an open lobby with randoms n GTR's, of course it was a mess. If you wanted to do a serious practice do it with the series entrants in a club only lobby. if you wanted to do a formation lap then type it. i muted you because the i found the music too loud. i didn't even know what was happening
The randomers ran ahead. Its the 'contenders' that worry me. It was the over the top behaviour in the lobby and many rolling start attempts resulting in chaos that leaves me worried.

It was meant to be a fun practice. Flat out into the side of people and driving backwards as they were trying to practice during the limit time online they get is a bit of a joke. So is the arguments for not knowing how the rolling starts work, as they're written clearly in the rules with help.

But nothing can be done now but i'll be making sure any jump starts or stupid driving is penalised severly. Don't want a repeat of last season.

Back