(GTTCC-7) | GT Touring Car Championship S7 - Danny, Starscream Entrprises, ares and Honda win!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 1,557 comments

Should drivers who DNF score points for last place possible?

• No

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Yes, full points

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Yes, half points

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is that bling bling gold that's gonna blind everyone else behind you when we get to turn 1?
No, but you've spoilt my 200th race surprise special livery :lol:

Looks like @Antares26 will have to start making some new graphics. :P
Nah it's cool. ;)
Thinking of it, shouldn't your pic have a huge dent in the front nose?

Hey guys. So it's now standing starts?

Is there a sign up sheet this week?
Yyep standing starts now, and its working better than expected :) just make sure you're careful at the start due to the massive acceleration difference 👍

No sign up sheet. Top 16 drivers are given a guaranteed spot and are assumed to be coming unless they say otherwise.

The only other notable thing to let you know about is the grid formation etc. Due to the server issues we're trying to avoid changing the lobby settings as much as possible. Still a manual grid race 1 (hopefully people can do this better tonight). Qualy will then be in practice mode. Everyone waits in the pits, then Q starts when I call GREEN. I'll have a timer on so the race will start then. Just remember not to warp back to the pits as it cancels out your lap time. Then a manual grid again race 3.

Went very smoothly last week so hopefully same again this week

:cheers:

No, but you've spoilt my 200th race surprise special livery :lol:

Nah it's cool. ;)
Thinking of it, shouldn't your pic have a huge dent in the front nose?

Yyep standing starts now, and its working better than expected :) just make sure you're careful at the start due to the massive acceleration difference 👍

No sign up sheet. Top 16 drivers are given a guaranteed spot and are assumed to be coming unless they say otherwise.

The only other notable thing to let you know about is the grid formation etc. Due to the server issues we're trying to avoid changing the lobby settings as much as possible. Still a manual grid race 1 (hopefully people can do this better tonight). Qualy will then be in practice mode. Everyone waits in the pits, then Q starts when I call GREEN. I'll have a timer on so the race will start then. Just remember not to warp back to the pits as it cancels out your lap time. Then a manual grid again race 3.

Went very smoothly last week so hopefully same again this week

:cheers:
I shall remember the way qually is done this time round.. I'm not sitting in the pits like I did last time waiting for it lol

Can we test something in either a separate lobby or in the main lobby itself?

I want to see if warping back to pits WITHOUT going back out for another lap cancels the persons lap and affects the order or not...

I'll explain how I want to test it when I get home and am in a lobby, but I'm sure you guys can figure out what it might involve...

Can we test something in either a separate lobby or in the main lobby itself?

I want to see if warping back to pits WITHOUT going back out for another lap cancels the persons lap and affects the order or not...

I'll explain how I want to test it when I get home and am in a lobby, but I'm sure you guys can figure out what it might involve...
Probably best to avoid that anyway, as it means reloading the car onto the track. It's exiting to the lobby screen itself.

Also for race 1 we merely transport back to the pits and it cancels the lap times, so its pretty much the same situation I think

Probably best to avoid that anyway, as it means reloading the car onto the track. It's exiting to the lobby screen itself.

Also for race 1 we merely transport back to the pits and it cancels the lap times, so its pretty much the same situation I think
Regarding the latter paragraph, I would have assumed the same thing. Just wanted to to see what happens is all...

Regarding Quali... Can we have a parce ferme at T1 for all drivers before you start the timer? Its just that when you called time last race with the timer I just felt there should have been a "TIME UP, LAST LAP" call or something... perhaps we can even implement a clause where LAST LAP only applies to people who have passes S1.

Regarding the latter paragraph, I would have assumed the same thing. Just wanted to to see what happens is all...

Regarding Quali... Can we have a parce ferme at T1 for all drivers before you start the timer? Its just that when you called time last race with the timer I just felt there should have been a "TIME UP, LAST LAP" call or something... perhaps we can even implement a clause where LAST LAP only applies to people who have passes S1.
Could do but like we say, cant see it being much different.

Yeah sounds good to me, everyone can park up at turn 1 and i'll start it when the last person is in sector 3, so the 30 second countdown will give them enough time to complete the lap

EDIT - I'll just call CHECKERED FLAG and everyone knows to finish their lap

I know that I shouldn't confirm my presence, as I'm a reserve driver, however, as a part-time driver, I have to inform you guys that I won't make it today.

So, I hope that you have a good race. 👍

I say each week we all travel to one persons house & bring our ps3's play over a lan with no Internet & then following week move too someone else's house!!
Love this idea :lol:

That was certainly a night to forget. Servers were appalling. I couldn't get into a rhythm, and I expected it, this car/track combo feels awful. Race 1 was okay, but I was lucky to be ahead and I was sweating the last few laps keeping people behind me. Race 2 was all my own fault. Race 3 I had massive lag spikes so had to back off, although a top 6 would have been the target really.

Bit of a shame and lost out championship wise, but all we can do is look forwards to Monaco.

Shame people left, especially those we waited 20 minutes for as well, so next week i'm going to clamp down on it. No later than 8.05 unless we have serious issues. Although I think if the servers are bad again next week we should just postpone. It adds hours to the schedule and stresses people out, taking the fun away, so best to wait until we can have some good reliable races.

Anyway, good job and racing from the snippets I saw :cheers:

How do people feel about scrapping the Toyota or giving the drivers an opportunity to switch cars? The other 3 don't seem to have an overall strongest so they wouldn't pick the 'best car' so to say

How do people feel about scrapping the Toyota or giving the drivers an opportunity to switch cars? The other 3 don't seem to have an overall strongest so they wouldn't pick the 'best car' so to say
From a lap time basis on this weekend.... there wasn't that much of a disparity if you look at each of the three races. Almost every car and driver got within 0.5 of the best time, the only thing I saw that made a difference to the results is consistency, racecraft and general errors.

That could just be me... but still, maybe others shared this view this weekend.

From a lap time basis on this weekend.... there wasn't that much of a disparity if you look at each of the three races. Almost every car and driver got within 0.5 of the best time, the only thing I saw that made a difference to the results is consistency, racecraft and general errors.

That could just be me... but still, maybe others shared this view this weekend.
I agree with this. The adjustments made to the Toyota's BoP really helped it a lot, just so happened none of the extraterrestrial beings in the championship picked it.

Also Storm, after watching the R3 replay earlier, I just realized I did a 2005 Raikkonen on you. :crazy:

This was definitely a night I had not planned one good race of three, in the third race It started a little to get sleepe and went off the track a few times, so sorry if i disturbed someone race:bowdown:.
As a Toyota driver i feel great in the car but I have nothing against that check again the rest of the car.

As a Toyota driver i feel great in the car but I have nothing against that check again the rest of the car.
You were pretty consistent in the Toyota, I couldn't even close the gap in the corners in R2, even if I know the S15 could still corner quickly even with the full pens.

You were pretty consistent in the Toyota, I couldn't even close the gap in the corners in R2, even if I know the S15 could still corner quickly even with the full pens.
My only good race this evening, where I caught good pace, I saw you sneaking behind my back.

Last edited:
I'm fine with sticking in the Toyota. I almost never have enough time because of the WRS or other championships to make a tune but I'm absolutely free this week. Worst comes to worst the Subaru BRZ is there.

I'm fine with sticking in the Toyota. I almost never have enough time because of the WRS or other championships to make a tune but I'm absolutely free this week. Worst comes to worst the Subaru BRZ is there.
I sent you a tune which seems fine and I can match the Honda with it. Filo also has provided tunes in the OP 👍

I don't think the BRZ has a race car version?

I sent you a tune which seems fine and I can match the Honda with it. Filo also has provided tunes in the OP 👍

I don't think the BRZ has a race car version?
Yes but I'm stupid so I messed with it 👍

As for the BRZ, it's the GT300.

Back