how good of a gran turismo player are you??

  • Thread starter Thread starter xAkirax2004
  • 358 comments
  • 12,628 views
Originally posted by Famine
Hence the Clio Road Car - she's stock but for the tyres...

I ran a series a while back - 10 races, all testing a different part of your GT3 skills. There were fast laps, 2-lap, 3-lap, 5-lap, 10-lap and 20-lap races, a 0-400m sprint, cars with horsepower levels from 200-1000hp (in steps of 100hp), RR, FF, FR, MR, 4WD, rally and even hybrids.

What you tend to find is that the really good drivers are really good on most things. In the last GTLeague at gt.de big p was excellent in every category - from bone stock Arcade cars, through rallies and fully-tuned vehicles.
Well that is very complete. I wish I could have participated. :( I found out about these GT3 forums / online racing in May of this year (while I have been playing GT since GT1 came out. :( )
 
Originally posted by cELica
clicca sul mio nick:)
c'e scritto "send cELica an email" pero non mi lascia mandare delle foto. Per questo sarebe meglio di darmi il tuo e-mail cosi te le posso mandare.
 
Infatti l'ho visto adesso :confused:
 
Last edited:
Originally posted by cELica
Famine

Why don't make a competition without settings too (just buy and race) I know it's not funny But in this way people like me have more chances :lol:

There was one race with an Arcade car in - so you don't even have to buy it (Arcade Mode/Free Run or Single Race/pick track/pick Arcade car)...

Don't believe it though - I'm still 2s a lap down on big p, even in an Arcade car!

I might add one on to this though.
 
Do we have a chat room where to talk live about all this GT things?
 
Originally posted by Famine
There was one race with an Arcade car in - so you don't even have to buy it (Arcade Mode/Free Run or Single Race/pick track/pick Arcade car)...

Don't believe it though - I'm still 2s a lap down on big p, even in an Arcade car!

I might add one on to this though.
If you would put one of those up, I would have to bust my ass to do good. :irked: Since there is nothing to be done to the car, the better players should in effect do better. This would be a more appropriate test maybe. But then you would have to be on here even more and update the results post many more times :lol:
 
Not yet... :D

Online Races are basically run like this one - there's a central moderator (in this case, me) to which people submit times, usually in secret. When the deadline passes, the moderator posts the times (as I'm doing). That's pretty much it.

For the larger series, there'll be some verification - usually the only way is by Xport/Sharkport. The run has to be watched by a verifier (I've done this job quite a bit too) to make sure it's within the rules of the series - these vary quite a bit, but usually there's no wall contact allowed at all (unless the race is quite long) and no contact with the AI drivers, if there are any. Car's can also be checked by experienced hybriders (again, I do this quite a bit) to check that the car hasn't been modified in any way against the rules.
 
Originally posted by cELica
It's already possible to play GT online:confused:
No non si puo con GT3. Piu o meno e come i resultati che Famine a messo sulla prima pagina. Ce la gente che fa delle corse, e dopo si vete chi e piu veloce, chi a riuscito a fare un miglior tempo su 5 laps o qualcosa del genere. Quando parliamo di "online racing" e di questo che parliamo... finche arriva GT4 :)
 
Originally posted by T13R
If you would put one of those up, I would have to bust my ass to do good. :irked: Since there is nothing to be done to the car, the better players should in effect do better. This would be a more appropriate test maybe. But then you would have to be on here even more and update the results post many more times :lol:

Pity you missed TORC 10 - last race is this week. All TORC cars are Arcade cars, with ASM/TCS off. Last week's race was an Arcade Astra DTM at SSR5 Wet Reverse... Imagine the fun.

My favourite series is the PD Cup, and my favourite race is the TM Enduro. Only thing you can do there is change the tyres and hope it works :D
 
its possible that someone with hybrid car can race and no one know this?
I mean in the future when we will play on line

:confused: r hybrid car faster or not:confused:
 
Its true I do like the PD cup best. The crappiest car Ive used to win it up to now is the Beetle RSi. I skipped the last race tho, cuz Tokyo on a Beetle RSi with oil darker than crap is not gonna work too well :lol:
 
Originally posted by cELica
its possible that someone with hybrid car can race and no one know this?

:confused: r hybrid car faster or not:confused:
Hai sentito parlare della Mercedes Cl666? Ha qualche 4000 cavali e mantiene come una F1... Hanno gia riuscito 33 secondi per un lap a Midfield :eek: Il miglior temp con una vera F1 e di 48.xxx
 
Originally posted by cELica
its possible that someone with hybrid car can race and no one know this?

:confused: r hybrid car faster or not:confused:

Most hybrid cars are faster - WAAAAY faster - than the normal alternatives. Let me put it in perspective:

Famine, P001, Midfield: 50.1s
Famine, CL600 Hybrid, Midfield: 33.0s

You can of course make less obvious hybrids - just lighten the car a little, or put in a little more power. But if I have a replay file there is absolutely no way you can make a hybrid that I can't spot.
 
Hehe this is getting funny. You are replying in English and me in Italian, and basically we say the same thing hehe
 
YEAH t13r

THANK YOU!!!

In this way I get the concept 100% :lol:
 
T13R I live in Rome but i'm not italian (the same 4 u)

So I have to speak 3 languages :mad:
 
I saw that... Made me laugh a bit talking about Thrasher CL666 which is in the video daan & I made... :D

You seen the CL666 circling the P001 at Midfield? That clip is me driving the CL666 and my girlfriend driving the P001 flat out! :D
 
Bye

I'm going to eat something (here is 8 30 PM)
 
Originally posted by Famine
I saw that... Made me laugh a bit talking about Thrasher CL666 which is in the video daan & I made... :D

You seen the CL666 circling the P001 at Midfield? That clip is me driving the CL666 and my girlfriend driving the P001 flat out! :D
Yea I saw that video :) Pretty cool. Your gf is wild hehe.

Se vuoi vedere il Video con questa Mercedes, vai sul sito di Famine. E penso che ci dovrei trovare un "link" per vedere quache video di macchine hybrid.
 
It's funny, I see alot of people giving themselves a 10 when they have never raced anyone but the crappy AI cars and have never used the wheel or a manual tranny in the GT series.
I would give myself a 9 due to the fact that we have a big race every weekend against other MGTRA members via the ilink system. Everyone uses the wheel, has their own cockpit and T.V. These guys are serious and have their own practice rigs at home. So I give myself a 9 because I have raced serious competitors and don't win the money pot every weekend.
 
Theese are my new times on:

cote´d azur: 1:50:840 with Clio Race Car

SSR5:1:16:387

Getting better!!
 
Originally posted by cELica
Do we have a chat room where to talk live about all this GT things?
nope
 
Hehe that I dont know.

I sent you the e-mail cELica. You should get it soon enough.
 
Bella!!!!
Ma la targa non ce l'ha??? :DDD
bello il logo dipinto di nero :cool:

LA mia inutile che te la faccio vedere perche è come una normale 206 di serie (non ha neanche i cerchi in lega):(
 
Originally posted by cELica
Bella!!!!
Ma la targa non ce l'ha??? :DDD
bello il logo dipinto di nero :cool:

LA mia inutile che te la faccio vedere perche è come una normale 206 di serie (non ha neanche i cerchi in lega):(
La targa sta indietro. Grazie per il complimento :)

Edit: Puo darsi che la tua 206 è normale di serie, pero sono sicuro che è almeno piu veloce di questa Golf hehe.
 
Back