McLaren's New Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Car Revealed

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 142 comments
I don't like this Mclaren Vision Gran Turismo. I think it's too extreme, I would have preferred expecting something more like a McLaren's F1 remake or a very advanced version of McLaren's modern models. As they did with BMW Vision Gran Turismo. This car is all but not beautiful. It's an abstract monster that vaguely remembers a micromachine. Horrible.

It looks and sounds amaaaaaazing! My favorite Mclaren is the F1. But this VGT is really, really close to it. Maybe on paar with it!

I'm really happy this VGT program exists!

As a fan of McLaren F1 I would ask how this weird thing is even close to the King of the supercars?

1000kg, 2204lbs isn't impressive for a car that has literally no space for anything else but it's mechanical's, engine and driver...

Not to mention the driver sits in a tiny compartment like riding a bike, for one person. Even the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo race car weighs in at 975kg, and that even has a passenger seat and a huge W16 engine.

I've just realised that the front vertical strip (and possibly the two either side) is a light. Pretty cool.

i1smXNmBODyfAuH.jpg

to be fair i was surprised by this but this wasen't what i was expecting i mean its great but too extreme it is looks like an advanced version of the red bull junior & its specs aren't so great anymore so much for being ultimate......

I've seen a few comments either in the thread or on social about the "Ultimate" bit of the name being a misnomer.

For those unfamiliar, McLaren separates its current lineup into three tiers. The 570S is the Sports Series. The 720S is the Super Series. The P1 was the Ultimate Series, but as its out of production, there's a spot open. I would not be surprised if at least one or two design features of this latest flight of fancy make their way to the P1 successor. It probably won't be the driver position, though!

I've seen a few comments either in the thread or on social about the "Ultimate" bit of the name being a misnomer.

For those unfamiliar, McLaren separates its current lineup into three tiers. The 570S is the Sports Series. The 720S is the Super Series. The P1 was the Ultimate Series, but as its out of production, there's a spot open. I would not be surprised if at least one or two design features of this latest flight of fancy make their way to the P1 successor. It probably won't be the driver position, though!

Make sense, since some of the VGT shown to what manufacturers called "future design language" The most notable example had to be the Bugatti VGT which in turns become a design basis of Chiron. That also happened to other VGT as well. AMG GT and Merc VGT almost have similiar shapes and proportions. The others are simply just add some design lines and features to cars on production lines. It is all related and I can also see the McLaren VGT creating a basis for the future successor of P1 or at least took some of it's design language to their future line up.

Looks nothing like a McLaren, these Vision GT's have gone a bit too bonkers now, they used to be somewhat grounded in the design language of whatever company was concerned now they are just pure fantasy. Plus the fact that they aren't real motorshow concept cars is pretty off-putting IMO, give me Gran Turismo Concept's car list any day.

1000kg, 2204lbs isn't impressive for a car that has literally no space for anything else but it's mechanical's, engine and driver...

Not to mention the driver sits in a tiny compartment like riding a bike, for one person. Even the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo race car weighs in at 975kg, and that even has a passenger seat and a huge W16 engine.
Isn't that just for the Gr. 1 version? Actual version should be much, much heavier.

Back