McLaren's New Ultimate Vision Gran Turismo Car Revealed

• Thread starter Marky264
  • 142 comments
McLaren-Ultimate-Vision-GT-for-PS4-Gran-Turismo-Sport-08.jpg

What exactly should the driver break?
I think it means he's supposed to take a break:lol:

Can't be quiet after this blasphemy :lol:. To you guys who prefer this over any real McLaren, because they're in other games: well, that's the whole POINT!

<<< Having our favourite, legendary cars behaving realistically in our beloved GT should be the goal for the "real driving simulator">>>

Whatever. Looks cool thou, i'll give you that. Like Hot Wheels cool.

Not sure if Gran Turismo or Jacques Villeneuve's racing vision sequel (google that game)
Ah yes, Speed Challenge: Jacques Villeneuve's Racing Vision! I still have that game on PS2! Hell, I could play it now if I'd want to, because both the game and my PS2 Slim still work! :D

In my mind VGT program would be useful to create cars that are not possible because of money but companies have shown their interest to create them.

LMP1H is arguably one of the most thrilling regulations in history. Mercedes, Ferrari, BMW, Mclaren, Peugeot.. have shown more or less interest on making an LMP1, but it didn't happen because various reasons.

Why not use VGT to recreate those machines and put them to race with the real LMP1 H?

toyota-2012-lmp1-hybrid-sportscar-3.jpg

pdf9g6rayzpejq5lacwk_1440x655c.jpg

b5bc63fbcf16acbe8b75335d391c5de9.jpg

427da5f328f2776a011a2cafc042b57d.jpg

mercedes_lmr1_05-55cb539d0dad7.jpg

Instead of that we get cars that are almost completely fake.

No but a mix between is good.

This is not the first GT game with concept cars but a lot of people seem to forget this

Sure. But he said:

Who cares about a P1 GTR? It's probably in 20 other racing games I've played before. Give me something original and exciting, more of this!

Not:

Give me the P1 GTR + something original and exciting like this!

Slightly off topic, actually McLaren have another alternative for their VGT, the MP4-X. However, this wasn't meant to be a VGT project, just to showcase the future of F1 technology. And it is strikingly resembles Red Bull X car.

slide-13-v1.jpg

side_low%201900.jpg

slide-9-v1.jpg

Here is the comparison with Red Bull X 2010 :

wcf-mclaren-mp4-x-red-bull-x2010-mclaren-mp4-x-red-bull-x20101.jpg

So, this or McLaren "Ultimate" VGT?

Let's just hope it doesn't use a Honda engine....

..too soon?
Nope, it uses a 4 liter V8 that I presume is the same as in the 720S.

Thus car was a welcome surprise to wake up to given that we were never given any teasers whatsoever. Given that it's caled the "Ultimate" Vision GT I bet this is a technology preview for future Ultimate Series models. They have said about the possibility of future models having all wheel drive via front electric motors. I believe they also have an EV in the pipeline.

I'm tired, so I read "McLaren Reveals 1,134hp Vision Gran Turismo Car for GT Sport" as them revealing 1 VGT car that was 134hp.

I'm actually disappointed that's not the case, I thought it'd be an interesting take. :lol:
134 horsepower but it weighs one pound.

Not really, you're stretching that opinion to the extreme. I'd like more real cars, but content that's exclusive and creative is never a bad thing.

Most real cars - the most appealing for sure - are in all other racing games. So if you don't want a P1 because it's part of other racing games, why would you want any other real car that's part of those games? That leaves you with the less appealing real cars + fictional exclusive content.

I mean, that's OK. It just doesn't make any sense for a company to produce and make money of, especially PD. That's why I said Ridge Racer, because that game didn't pretend to be a real simulator or anything related to the real world.

If your statement was just the result of excitement, you can forget my response.

I'm still put off a bit about the driving position.

Yeah, it's an extra 10 aerodynamic horsepower points on the whatever scale, and it's so disconnected from say sitting upright in a chair and playing the game.

1000kg, 2204lbs isn't impressive for a car that has literally no space for anything else but it's mechanical's, engine and driver...

Not to mention the driver sits in a tiny compartment like riding a bike, for one person. Even the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo race car weighs in at 975kg, and that even has a passenger seat and a huge W16 engine.
The forward lying driving position ruins the car. Otherwise it would've been a decent LMP style machine.
We've got enough VGTs in the Gr.1 , now all i want them to do is to bring the 919 Hybrid and the Ginneta LMP1

Looks nothing like a McLaren, these Vision GT's have gone a bit too bonkers now, they used to be somewhat grounded in the design language of whatever company was concerned now they are just pure fantasy. Plus the fact that they aren't real motorshow concept cars is pretty off-putting IMO, give me Gran Turismo Concept's car list any day.

I mean, the Instagram post states that this is what McLaren think they could make in 2030.

...why would McLaren use the same design language from 2017 in 2030?

I mean, the Instagram post states that this is what McLaren think they could make in 2030.

...why would McLaren use the same design language from 2017 in 2030?

The aim of the VGT programme is to show off a manufacturer, if the public can't see any visual link with what they can buy in the showroom today then what's the point? How does it differ then from the made up cars you see in GTA for example? This goes against the whole point of design language, your in essence showing a concept without branding attached, its just pure fantasy.

Also the fact that PD are probably wasting 6 months modelling each of these cars when they could be doing a production car is pretty annoying.

Back