Next GT Sport Content Update Arrives March 5, Adds Toyota GR Supra

• Thread starter RZQSPEED
  • 1,152 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, there is the supra racing concept in game, is this Toyota like the 'final release' of the existing in game Toyota supra concept?
No this isn't just the final release- it's the real world car.. pixelated of course.

The main issue people have with the new Supra is that it looks more like a badly modified GT86 compared to the low and sleek FT-1 concept.
toyota-ft-1-concept-4.jpg

01_14.jpg

The FT1 has aged quite badly in that shot. The Supra looks chunky and fun.

The main issue people have with the new Supra is that it looks more like a badly modified GT86 compared to the low and sleek FT-1 concept.
toyota-ft-1-concept-4.jpg

01_14.jpg
But to fit the smallest BMW platform, the new Supra would have to be different from the concept...

The only thing that can make this update better is if they don't add Spa.

Pretty hype that they did add the new Supra, kinda weak that the F1 is just the GTR instead of longtail, seeing as we already have the stock F1, but oh well.

I don't care about road cars at all (but I will like Miata probably, I love Miata's racing on Nordschleife in real)
everything I need is more real circuits

I've seen few mentions about Hungaroring in past few months, but is this possible at all? there were any rumors about that track in the past (scanning or something?) or this is just empty talk and wishful thinking?

I say the Supra will be the best overall car in this update.
The Supra will be eligible to enter most races in the GT league and besides the Mazda the rest of this update has a high probability see the Gr.X graveyard.

>iRacing gets the M8 GTE
>PD decides to give us the ****ing Miata, SLR McLaren and another McLaren F1

Phenomenal car choice as always PD, thank christ the Supra is at least in this.

I say the Supra will be the best overall car in this update.
The Supra will be eligible to enter most races in the GT league and besides the Mazda the rest of this update has a high probability see the Gr.X graveyard.
Maybe just one car could be Gr.X, the McLaren...

Last edited:
I don't care about road cars at all (but I will like Miata probably, I love Miata's racing on Nordschleife in real)
everything I need is more real circuits

I've seen few mentions about Hungaroring in past few months, but is this possible at all? there were any rumors about that track in the past (scanning or something?) or this is just empty talk and wishful thinking?

Its wishful thinking

>iRacing gets the M8 GTE
>PD decides to give us the ****ing Miata, SLR McLaren and another McLaren F1

Phenomenal car choice as always PD, thank christ the Supra is at least in this.
The Miata’s been a GT staple since the original and the F1 is one of the most iconic GT1 cars ever made plus we’re getting the supra that isn’t even on sale yet.

We already have 2 BMW Gr.3’s, we don’t really need another one especially when it’s basically just an updated M6. If you want to drive the M8 so badly, go play Forza or iRacing

IMO this is the best dlc lineup for GT Sport so far

So an SLR and a pagani huayra would be in GR.X? What? Right.

I'm sorry like there is not cars already the Gr.X class that don't belong there.
Plus I said they had a high probability of ending up there and not that they all would.

I have a doubt about the F1 GTR, the F1 GTR have a rear wing (not here). A road version exists sure, without the wing, but have a front spoiler too (not visible here).

... I don't know, but no problem, I take it too :D

Very much true. I do not regret buying the Ultimate version of Forza Horizon 4 for my PC, such an awesome game. Great selection of cars, events, music, and fun gameplay.

On the other hand, I would agree that PD is doing more harm than good these days. Buying the Pike's Peak licence and just sitting on it is preventing better developers from using it.

I have a doubt about the F1 GTR, the F1 GTR have a rear wing (not here). A road version exists sure, without the wing, but have a front spoiler too (not visible here).

... I don't know, but no problem, I take it too :D

It's definitely not the F1 GT either. Roof scoop on both.
Damn.

McLaren-F1-GT-Longtail.jpg

Last edited:
Meh, nothing to get excited about in that selection for me. Here's hoping there's a good track included to make up for it (fingers still crossed for Trial Mountain or Midfield Raceway).

I adore how people always use the "Its free" excuse to defend the update no matter how bad the cars included in it are. I cannot wait to see how people react to GT ARENA coming back.

Let's just hope the track included is actually good.

To those complaining about 5 cars:
Maybe PD has something bigger in store for us? Snow, rain, or even Spa? :lol::lol:
Just getting you excited. I really expect it's simply due to delay in setting up the event somewhat. This will be like last November.

Or how about empty promises, boring cars, no Koenigsegg, more Kaz flexing and patting himself on the shoulder, or old tracks that looked better in GT 5.

I cannot wait to see how people react to GT ARENA coming back.

I honestly would not mind seeing GT Arena come back. Would make a pretty fun course for Karts and Spec-Fiat 500 F racing. 👍

Hmmm. This update will cost me exactly CR.0 in-game. I don't want to seem ungrateful, but the new Supra is the only relevant car in the group. (And you can drive it "manual" in-game...). The rest are kind of offbeat in terms of any recurring Daily event. I'm not going to buy a Huyara just to do a 3-race Pagani Cup. There are so many other choices that could have been made. (Real GT4 Camaro? Hakosukas? Open cockpit LMP's? Ford GT, both street and GTE?) Has PD fallen out of favor, license-wise, with the automakers?

I adore how people always use the "Its free" excuse to defend the update no matter how bad the cars included in it are. I cannot wait to see how people react to GT ARENA coming back.

Because a fan Favorite since the first GT, a GT1 Race Car, 2 hypercars and a sports car that hasn’t even started production yet are bad cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back