NFL 2014 Season

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 1,211 comments
I understand what the Eagles are doing here. Both of these players involved in the Foles deal will be used for Mariota. Problem is I don't think I'd want those players.

Jake Locker is retiring. There is the fit for Philadelphia. Will not be shocked if the Titans make that trade.

Last edited:
Torrey Smith is headed to the 49ers.
Titans QB Jake Locker is retiring. My brother in law (a Titans fan) is going to love that news because he hates Locker.

Looks like the Packers and Steelers are in on Revis. The longer he goes unsigned the more I believe the Jets will not sign him.

I think you're right. It seems like the Jets may miss out on him again. I'm thinking if they can't get Revis they may go after Culliver or Cox.

He wants 40 million guaranteed. Patriots have no interest now. Bills may go after him.

M-bison-yes-o.gif

Get to know your new QB, New York Jets... remember a guy named Ryan Fitzpatrick? Well, we unloaded Fitzy to the Jets while Brian Hoyer signed to join the Texans.

All sorts of reunions on the Jets. Obviously Revis but also Bowles who has worked with Marshall and Gailey has worked with Fitzpatrick.

Just saw this on Facebook... What I hoped DIDN'T happen did happen. Andre Johnson is now a Colt. That means we'll have to take on Andre Johnson twice in subsequent seasons since Houston and Indianapolis are in the same division (AFC South). Yay...

On the other hand, this does give him a chance to go to the Super Bowl and put on some winning performances. Too damn bad (as a Houston sports fan) that he couldn't go this far with the Texans. Same old song and dance for Houston sports fans- that "can't win in Houston" mentality. Sigh...

[UPDATE] Changed to "...this season..." to "...in subsequent seasons...".

Last edited:
Yahoo Sports is reporting that DeMarco Murray is prepared to jump ship to the Eagles in a all but signed offer. The Dallas RB will entertain one last offer from Dallas before heading to Philly with the intention to sign a deal. Now why has Dallas refused to sign Murray, who has broken the team single season rushing record? Adrian Peterson. Jerry Jones has long wanted to have Peterson leading the Dallas rushing attack, but hasn't been able to clear both cap space and a roster spot for the Vikings RB. With Murray's inevitable departure from Dallas, Jones may have the opportunity to secure the RB.

Though he's now an Indianapolis Colt, Andre Johnson purchased a page of the Houston Chronicle to thank Houston for the memories. It's the same thing Gary Kubiak did when he left the Houston coaching job- thanking the fans. Class acts both Kubiak and Andre Johnson are.

Trent Richardson, Suspended by the Colts for missing a walk-through practice for a new arrival, is now cut by the team after two seasons. Grievance filings are likely by Richardson, who is owed $3.1 million this season, cut by the team using language in Richardson's contract to save the team money, to recover his salary for this season.

Richardson rushed for 977 yards on 316 attempts in 29 games with the Colts, and failed to crack 100 yards rushing in any of those games in a Colts uniform.

Free Agency News Digest for 3/14/15:

- The only man to have won the Heisman Trophy, only to lose it, Reggie Bush have just inked a deal with the 49ers, according to sources. Bush was cut from the Lions last month in the middle of a four year deal, saving Detroit $1.7 million in salary. Terms of the deal with the 49ers have not been disclosed. Last season, he had 297 yards on 76 carries with two touchdowns. In the air, he had 40 catches for an additional 253 yards. He was also an injury problem for the Lions last year.

- Dallas has just signed former Raider Darren McFadden to a $5.85 million deal over two years. The deal also includes a $200k bonus. In seven seasons with the Raiders, he ran for 4,247 yards on 1,038 carries and 25 touchdowns. In the air he caught 211 passes for an additional 1,769 yards and five touchdowns, but is known to be an injury problem.

- The Vikings have landed Mike Wallace in a trade to the Dolphins. The trade was made before Miami had to pay a $3 million bonus to him this weekend. The Vikings give up their fifth rounder, but also landed a seventh round pick from the Dolphins.

- The Vikings have released Greg Jennings after two seasons, a day after they won the Mike Wallace lottery. Jennings played for the team for 2 seasons after signing a 5 year, $45 million deal in 2013. Over the two seasons, and under 4 different starting QBs, Jennings caught 127 passes for 1,546 yards and 10 touchdowns. By releasing him, the Vikings have saved at least $5 million in cap space. According to ESPN, if the team cut Jennings with a post-June 1 designation, they would reap $9 million in cap savings this year.

Maybe the past two years Greg Jennings just couldn't put the team on his back.

Mike Wallace is a soft punk. He totally screwed Mr. Ross. It looks like the spectre of Jeff Ireland is finally gone for good. All of his failures have been shown the door. The only good thing he did was sign Brent Grimes.

The Dolphins, whether you think so or not, have had an incredible free agency so far. I'm really impressed with Hickey's moves so far. Tannenbaum has also been pretty good, whether it's him pulling strings or letting Hickey work. Seems like the Fins don't have a joke front office anymore.

Back