Nurburgring will be soon announced.

• Thread starter King1982
  • 162 comments
It was also extremely boring in FM4. Or at least it was boring to me. The modern Hockenheimring is just another Tilkedrome I can totally do without.

I quite like it. It doesn't have any elevation change, but otherwise it's a good track for racing. A couple of big stops where you can outbrake people, a couple of really fast sweeping sections where you can poke it up the inside, and a nice technical last section that is very tough to get just right and very rewarding when you do.

I think visually it's as dull as dishwater, but for racing it's a good 'un.

^^ I personally think it's a very technical and exciting track to hone your skills.

It's fine visually. Most real life tracks aren't that exciting, visually. It's the car and how you drive it, that makes the experience a complete thrill!

<...>it's a very technical and exciting track to hone your skills.

It's fine visually. Most real life tracks aren't that exciting, visually. It's the car and how you drive it, that makes the experience a complete thrill!

I know most real life tracks aren't visually exciting; and I have to say, Hockenheim ticks all the "look cool" boxes. But I always felt like it just didn't flow - a problem common to many Tilke-designed tracks. It's technical, alright, but I couldn't find any excitement in driving there.

Still better than Yawn Marina, tho. At least there's some scenery around it. Compare it to desert and a very nice and very expensive hotel.

I know most real life tracks aren't visually exciting; and I have to say, Hockenheim ticks all the "look cool" boxes. But I always felt like it just didn't flow - a problem common to many Tilke-designed tracks. It's technical, alright, but I couldn't find any excitement in driving there.

Still better than Yawn Marina, tho. At least there's some scenery around it. Compare it to desert and a very nice and very expensive hotel.

Yas Marina, I cringe every time I have to race on any layout of that track. Besides being boring the corner cutting done in MP is ridiculous.

Problem with Tilke tracks is they always follow the same bloody concept; a copy paste of long straights followed by ridiculously tight corners, a left-right fantasy section here and there and the occasional return of some fast sequenced ones to create high G forces like he first introduced in Turkey.

At least the classic tracks have a seperate identity, and are so much more pleasant because there is that 'flow' of smooth corners, and you don't have these artificial Mickey Mouse sectors.

Wish they let other designers have a go at new tracks, why does it always have to be him putting his stamp on every track worldwide...

I always forget Tilke is responsible for some of my least favorite racetracks. I understand he accounts for real-world factors that don't apply so much in a videogame, but his trademark, as mister dog expressed it, is both dull and annoying:
...long straights followed by ridiculously tight corners...
UGH.

You could say he's partly responsible for turning me off from Forza Motorsport, since Turn 10 seems to be fond of his work. I don't play Forza Horizon because it's a wholly superior game. I play Forza Horizon because its roads are such a better drive compared to this crap we're talking about.

Yeah, I do like the run-off areas as you're nearing the start/finish grid, and the curbs are nice. The long sweeping right handers are fun to negotiate as well.

Haha... "Yawn" Marina.. don't know why they keep throwing in these dull tracks.. I think it's something that's been plaguing the series since FM3. They could have easily thrown in Monza or Brands Hatch. Even a redone Mugello or Suzuka would have been a treat.

Problem with Tilke tracks is they always follow the same bloody concept; a copy paste of long straights followed by ridiculously tight corners, a left-right fantasy section here and there and the occasional return of some fast sequenced ones to create high G forces like he first introduced in Turkey.

At least the classic tracks have a seperate identity, and are so much more pleasant because there is that 'flow' of smooth corners, and you don't have these artificial Mickey Mouse sectors.

Wish they let other designers have a go at new tracks, why does it always have to be him putting his stamp on every track worldwide...

Fantasy-like S turns and mickey mouse sectors! LOL

No arguments there, but it's a good circuit for testing out cars. Still, I think T10 needs to rethink their track strategy from the ground up. Multiple configurations are nice, but track count is what they need to focus on, while perhaps, adding more or bringing back some of the old fantasy tracks. Those were brilliant.

I always forget Tilke is responsible for some of my least favorite racetracks. I understand he accounts for real-world factors that don't apply so much in a videogame, but his trademark, as mister dog expressed it, is both dull and annoying:

UGH.

You could say he's partly responsible for turning me off from Forza Motorsport, since Turn 10 seems to be fond of his work. I don't play Forza Horizon because it's a wholly superior game. I play Forza Horizon because its roads are such a better drive compared to this crap we're talking about.

Horizon is a welcome change from the circuits. Apart from the roads, it feels very dead to me. Can't really care to go into the reasons!

Some of the less known, clubman tracks would be nice. Oulton Park, Cadwell, some of the American ones. Doesn't have to be a formula track to be good and in many cases, they're good because they aren't.

All in all, GT probably has to have the best collection of tracks I've ever come across in a "serious console racing game".
Using legacy tracks works a lot better than legacy cars.

Let's be compassionate with the GT people ok, nur is good enough :D
It's nearly Easter and I ain't counting my chicks before they've hatched.

I'm a lot more hopeful for new track DLC than I was before Road America came out though.

Last edited:
The Nurb is a likely possibility. However, it could also be a super DLC car pack, maybe upwards of 50 cars or so who knows... just to show the fans good faith.

Either way, I think we're about to find out in just a few days!

I'm up for anything. I would really like a new Fujimi Kaido but Nurburgring would be nice, too. But whatever it turns out to be, I'll download it and have fun with it, I'm sure.

The Nurb is a likely possibility. However, it could also be a super DLC car pack, maybe upwards of 50 cars or so who knows... just to show the fans good faith.

Either way, I think we're about to find out in just a few days!
As cool as that would be, I think there would be a ton of backlash as I assume a giant pack like that would be full of cars from the last game; "why didn't we get these before? Rah rah rah". :P

I think the Ring is the most logical & needed DLC. Evo magazine hinted it coming in January and here we are in April, now 4-5 months after launch I believe.

If the Nürb's announced, I will not hesitate to use any means necessary to procure an X1!!!! ...I mean, most *legal* means, anyways... ...you filthy fools.

I'm up for anything. I would really like a new Fujimi Kaido but Nurburgring would be nice, too. But whatever it turns out to be, I'll download it and have fun with it, I'm sure.

A revamped Kaido would really make my day. I think it's one of the most underrated tracks since coming into being in FM3. They somewhat ruined it in FM4, but I would LOVE to have it back. We ought to have more twisty/trippy tracks like that in Forza that border on the edge of thrill and excitement.

Man, I've always had a soft spot for Kaido - one of those tracks that could have been ground breaking but didn't get as much attention as the others maybe. It's not only perfect for drifting but also precision driving and a good place to test out tunes.

OK, enough said! Here's hoping. :rolleyes:

Are you referring to the FM3 or 4 version? It's a little wider in FM4. However, it's got a good mix of narrow and wide sections. If you do get to try it out, you're going to love the elevation changes and S-turns.

It's my favorite type of tracks! I never played any FM but on gameplay videos it looks too wide (especially @ FM4).

I assure you man, it isn't. Only around certain sections. On my TV it looks fine. Although if you're expecting a typical "narrow mountain tarmac rally" type of track, that it isn't.

You asked and you shall receive!!! :P

forzareviewevo.jpg

Latest Posts

Back