Nurburgring will be soon announced.

• Thread starter King1982
  • 162 comments
The PC doesn't have anything similar to the FM and GT series. They appeal to a certain crowd, a rather large crowd partly to do with being on a console. That doesn't mean FM/GT is better or worse than the PC racing games, they focus on different things. Some like collecting things (cars, helmets, suits, paint chips...), some like knocking over bowling pins, some like driving on the moon, some want nothing but racing features (pit stops, pace car, flags, qualifying...), some only race online - others need competitive AI, ... As I rambled in another thread, none have everything for everyone, it's best to have a library with variety - Arcade for simple no-brainer fun, a good sim or two for the serious side and a few in-between.

Uh... there's not a single PC sim that features cars of all makes and varieties the way FM/GT do?

Xboner? :lol: But anyway, I agree. If some seven year old hardware can handle it, the X1 can handle it too.

Xboner yea.. :gtpflag:. I read a member refer to it as the XBONER and I said to myself that's completely fitting and approproate!

All it has to do is drop the framerate. Fortunately that ain't gonna happen.

Oh gosh, I hope that never does! 60 fps games are utter bliss particularly if they happen to be shooters or driving ones. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Beach isn't so bad, but like Road America, it's hardly enticing. I don't think I expect Turn 10 to "fix" the track list anymore, not to my tastes. They seem fond of straightaway-athons.

Doh, with the GT race just around the corner, should have figured it'd be Long Beach to coincide with it. Props to whoever on this forum suggest it as the next track.

So according to Badned's hint, the tears and sadness obviously refer to no Ring, but i wonder what the joy and madness refers to. Surely more than long beach.

Doh, with the GT race just around the corner, should have figured it'd be Long Beach to coincide with it. Props to whoever on this forum suggest it as the next track.
The track was one of the rumoured tracks in the Smart Geometrics leak. I think, it is now save to say, that they scanned those tracks and T10 will release them in the future, after they have created them. A user on neogaf made a list with rumoured tracks.

Last edited:

Not what i hoped the DLC would be, but it is free and good nevertheless.

That track looks like a wall riders wet dream!

"Available on April 10 as part of the latest content update for Forza 5"

I expect this to be one of many announcements in the coming days ;)

Last edited:
The track was one of the rumoured tracks in the Smart Geometrics leak. I think, it is now save to say, that they scanned those tracks and T10 will release them in the future, after they have created them. A user on neogaf made a list with rumoured tracks.
Awesome. So Monza is likely on the way. 👍

You guys are complaining about another free track?
Maybe me?

I don't have FM5 so I'm not exactly complaining about something I'm getting for free. I was just remarking that I'm not sure FM5's track list will ever suit my preferences, even after DLC. The point being, I'll hold out on considering a used XBone until FM6 and/or FH2 come around.

Nice addition, a track i never raced on virtually so is it nice or just a 90 degree street track without much character?

I have to admit I thought I would be disappointed if not Nords but Long Beach is a pleasant surprise, a track I haven't driven a ton in any other sim. Graphically should be stunning!

Maybe me?

I don't have FM5 so I'm not exactly complaining about something I'm getting for free. I was just remarking that I'm not sure FM5's track list will ever suit my preferences, even after DLC. The point being, I'll hold out on considering a used XBone until FM6 and/or FH2 come around.

What exactly would a track list need to be to suit your preferences?

If we do end up getting Nurburgring or COTA after this I would say the game is pretty well-rounded for a launch title.

Maybe me?

Camoh Wolfe maaiing, the track variety ain't that bad, is it? I think you're more of an open road guy.

@mister dog: it is a beautiful track with fast sweeping turns, a few 90 deg ones, and exhilirating straights, given the layout.

It's good to see T10 experimenting with track variety. It would be nice to see more touring car, Indy, V8 supercar, nascar (not the oval ones), test tracks from all over, F1, tarmac WRC along with fantasy tracks in a Forza game. That would be the ultimate.

"With Xbox One, we're able to create games that evolve over time"

Right, because that totally didn't happen with Forza on the 360. Gotta love these PR lines they stuck wherever they can.

"With Xbox One, we're able to create games that evolve over time"

Right, because that totally didn't happen with Forza on the 360. Gotta love these PR lines they stuck wherever they can.
But it's not. Because the 360 launched with a version that was sans-hard drive, game updates were limited to just a few MBs. DLC had to be paid. With the Xbox One, those restrictions have been lifted.

js5hlr0103upnypv3zlk.jpg

672100144490893348.jpg

orsruf4ya9muizrkr5fz.jpg

672100144157893156.jpg

672100144327867428.jpg

Nice.

But it's not. Because the 360 launched with a version that was sans-hard drive, game updates were limited to just a few MBs. DLC had to be paid. With the Xbox One, those restrictions have been lifted.
While that was true at first, I'm pretty sure there was an update that allowed Updates with far more then just a few MB's. I'm not entirely sure when that took effect, but I know it was pretty recent IIRC.

While that was true at first, I'm pretty sure there was an update that allowed Updates with far more then just a few MB's. I'm not entirely sure when that took effect, but I know it was pretty recent IIRC.
Ah, I think you're right. I only have a vague memory of that change. I'm sure with the production schedule of each FM, unless they knew it would be an option up front, they never would have planned for it.

Anybody know when the update is? Been on at 10,12 and now 4 and still nothing...Usually MS are on the ball and update live around 11-13.00

Latest Posts

Back