Nurburgring will be soon announced.

• Thread starter King1982
  • 162 comments
What exactly would a track list need to be to suit your preferences?
More curves and flow, or tighter dimensions. Coincidentally, FM5 cut out every one of my favorites from FM4 -- Fujimi Kaido, Infineon, Maple Valley, the Nordschleife, Suzuka, and Tsukuba -- and several of the tracks I was OK with, but updated all of the licensed circuits I actively disliked. It's all preference, but I was impressed by the lengths Turn 10 went to ensure the game appealed to me as little as possible. :lol:

I don't mean to be picking at things, just waiting to see how FM6/FH2 will turn out.

Last edited:
More curves and flow, or tighter dimensions. Coincidentally, FM5 cut out every one of my favorites from FM4 -- Fujimi Kaido, Infineon, Maple Valley, the Nordschleife, Suzuka, and Tsukuba -- and several of the tracks I was OK with, but updated all of the licensed circuits I actively disliked. It's all preference, but I was impressed by the lengths Turn 10 went to ensure the game appealed to me as little as possible. :lol:

Think they were thinking of how to get me to buy FM5 then, Infineon is the only one of those tracks i miss. Add Monza and COTA and I'll scream like a little girl.

I don't mean to be picking at things, just waiting to see how FM6/FH2 will turn out.

You know, that IS a good point.

FM does lack tight and narrow tracks. You know the tight and curvy "homespace track" featured in FM4? Oh boy I was really hoping to see that in FM5!

"With Xbox One, we're able to create games that evolve over time"

Right, because that totally didn't happen with Forza on the 360. Gotta love these PR lines they stuck wherever they can.

While I have given the franchise flak every now and then (all well justified I assure you!), I must tell you they practically set a benchmark with all the feats achieved through FM4. Running at a rock solid 60 fps, that was all you could expect from the 360 version. Maybe if they extend their dev cycle to 3-4 years and keep the fans busy with DLC until then, we could expect things to turn out differently. But that ain't happening.

You gotta give it to Dan though, he is a good marketeer and salesman. However, I would say again FM4 achieved what no other console sim has, in gaming history. Period.

js5hlr0103upnypv3zlk.jpg

672100144490893348.jpg

orsruf4ya9muizrkr5fz.jpg

672100144157893156.jpg

672100144327867428.jpg

Nice.

Wow.. just WOW!

Daimiiiit Dan, I WANT photomode graphics while driving.... damn you Dan!!

If you don't think Forza on 360 evolved you need to go play Forza 2 and then Forza 4 and come back to us.

If you are replying to my response above, I think you may have done so by mistake. I was talking exactly about evolving, how they set a benchmark. Perhaps you misread?

The suggestion for a 3-4 dev cycle was regard to how FM5 turned out and how it could have been much more polished and complete.

If you are replying to my response above, I think you may have done so by mistake. I was talking exactly about evolving, how they set a benchmark. Perhaps you misread?

The suggestion for a 3-4 dev cycle was regard to how FM5 turned out and how it could have been much more polished and complete.

You mean like how it ended up being the largest racing game ever at the launch of a console?

Gaming development is a process of elimination with a twist of a deadline, they can only fit what they can into that deadline. I actually think a third racing game in this 1-year cycle would be great for the franchise, that gives each game 3 years of development time but it's not going to happen.

That's never going to happen. If anything the dev cycle should be at least 3 years in order to churn out a more polished and finished title for the end consumer.

In the meantime they could release DLC or updated versions. Prime example - Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Edition.

That's never going to happen. If anything the dev cycle should be at least 3 years in order to churn out a more polished and finished title for the end consumer.

In the meantime they could release DLC or updated versions. Prime example - Forza Motorsport 3 Ultimate Edition.

They've already made it clear that this is not going to happen.

Back