Patch Release Notes and Discussion Thread

• Thread starter DrJustice
  • 1,286 comments
Just lost all wheel control and FFB during a race. That didn't happen at all for me in patch 3.0...

I like the new track map pic on the race loading screen as well as the small tweaks to the interface.

(Also the Audi R8 LMP900 is pretty damn nice!)

Just lost all wheel control and FFB during a race. That didn't happen at all for me in patch 3.0...

That has happened to me every other night since patch 3. Luckily I had an online race with a guy from SMS yesterday and the FFB loss coincidentially happened to him in that race, so this bug is most definitely acknowledged now. :D

Until then, exiting/re-entering the session should solve it.

That has happened to me every other night since patch 3. Luckily I had an online race with a guy from SMS yesterday and the FFB loss coincidentially happened to him in that race, so this bug is most definitely acknowledged now. :D

Haha good! We should all suffer together :mischievous:

I like the new track map pic on the race loading screen as well as the small tweaks to the interface.

(Also the Audi R8 LMP900 is pretty damn nice!)

This has been a bug before 3.0. I would join track, and there would be no FFB, no wheel control. I would need to force exit the game, because even 'ESC' wouldnt work. :\. Would happen once inawhile.

The loss of FFB has been an ongoing issue for the PS4 since the beginning of the game. It has never been fixed nor to my knowledge ever said to be fixed in any of the patch release notes. Most people who have the issue say to just restart the wheel from what I've read on the Project Carts official forums. However, that is a lame way to address a problem. It should just be fixed once and for all IMO.

I personally only have it since patch 3. I can still control the car with my wheel and strangely, the FFB meter even still shows all the forces that the game ought to put out, but there just is no FFB. Like I said, exiting/re-entering the session resolves it for me, no wheel restart or unplugging required.

I clipped a barrier and was immediately stuck to it with dead steering and no FFB. Perhaps it's some sort of mechanical damage? Even though I've turned the damage off?

Nah.

I personally only have it since patch 3. I can still control the car with my wheel and strangely, the FFB meter even still shows all the forces that the game ought to put out, but there just is no FFB. Like I said, exiting/re-entering the session resolves it for me, no wheel restart or unplugging required.

Mine's been doing this since I first got my wheel, which was on 3.0. I can just turn my wheel off and back on and it's fine. It doesn't happen very often, and once I turn it off and on it'll be fine for the rest of the time I play 'till I turn the game off. Would be more of a pain with wheels you have to unplug to turn off. I'm using a CSR which just has a little switch on the side so it's no big deal for me. More important issues for them to fix first imo.

The freaking wheel vibrating while turning bug is still in the game. Does SMS even know it exists? It's game breaking when it happens. Nothing like practicing for a week then having your race ruined on the first corner while your wheel shakes itself apart.

The freaking wheel vibrating while turning bug is still in the game. Does SMS even know it exists? It's game breaking when it happens. Nothing like practicing for a week then having your race ruined on the first corner while your wheel shakes itself apart.
Which wheel? I've never had this (TX wheel here).

I have a T300 as well and I never had that neither. What FFB preset do you use, does it happen with both?
It's default I believe. I've had it happen since day 1. It used to be called the white line glitch. A white line would appear on the ffb meter and look like a Richter scale. Now the white line is gone but the standard yellow line looks like a Richter scale. It's very random. Usually is during practice or qualifying but sometimes it is also during the race. You know right away if you have it. Also it doesn't appear during runs, only when you leave the pits or the race starts.

It's default I believe. I've had it happen since day 1. It used to be called the white line glitch. A white line would appear on the ffb meter and look like a Richter scale. Now the white line is gone but the standard yellow line looks like a Richter scale. It's very random. Usually is during practice or qualifying but sometimes it is also during the race. You know right away if you have it. Also it doesn't appear during runs, only when you leave the pits or the race starts.
Have the same problem Ozwheels and randomly also on T300 .

I've had the exact same bug with the Fanatec CSWB V2 so I can confirm it's not just a Thrustmaster bug.

This was after the recent patch.

Last edited:
I haven't had that one for a long time, certainly not since 3.0. I have a T300

:bowdown: Broken a record :cheers: whoegaaaaa :bowdown: first place was for BRNO with only 4 laps ,
and now boy's guy's and man may i present you my new WORLDRECORD :lol:
Only 3 LAPSZZZZZZ at Hockenheim GP .jabadabadoeoeoeoeoeoeoe :dunce:

:bowdown: Broken a record :cheers: whoegaaaaa :bowdown: first place was for BRNO with only 4 laps ,

Hey sven have you tried to race a bit with standard setup and see if you find that many landmines?

In the pcars forums they said that it had something to do with suspensions geometry

Hey sven have you tried to race a bit with standard setup and see if you find that many landmines?

In the pcars forums they said that it had something to do with suspensions geometry
Karsten , I have read about it at Project Cars forum .
Did not do a test with default setup .
So at the end we may not touch anything any more in this game .
At Watkins Glenn i have not encountered a landmine and have already done there many laps .

Last edited:
And someone would say, none of this happens to me, no bugs yo :D :lol: :P

Try to use zero toe all around on the setup or go negative toe ( out ) Casey said the toe in accumulates during driving which causing weird physics explosions. BMW 320 Gr5 had the worst of this, try that car if you want. Most of other car very slowly in having this, so usually it takes a while driving on track.

Your video is only 3 laps though, by any chance you used high toe in on either axle ? The car went under the tarmac there when it broke down :lol:

Last edited:
And someone would say, none of this happens to me, no bugs yo :D :lol: :P

Try to use zero toe all around on the setup or go negative toe ( out ) Casey said the toe in accumulates during driving which causing weird physics explosions. BMW 320 Gr5 had the worst of this, try that car if you want. Most of other car very slowly in having this, so usually it takes a while driving on track.

Your video is only 3 laps though, by any chance you used high toe in on either axle ? The car went under the tarmac there when it broke down :lol:
Toe is set -0.1 front +0.1 and caster at 0 if possibly.
I think it has more to do with the suspension .

Toe is set -0.1 front +0.1 and caster at 0 if possibly.
I think it has more to do with the suspension .

Are you sure zero caster ? :eek: It has been confirmed by Casey, the SMS physics lead, there's a code in the suspension geometry solver that's causing weird stuff happens ( floating cars, explosions ). The fix sadly didn't come with 4.0 patch as it was discovered recently.

Back