pCARS Patch Notes - 1.4

oh no, the strange start bug when cars drop down on each other or just let you start the race upsidedown or with the side or with the back to the start line is still here to brighten our days.. yaaaaay :D

whaaat? got a warning for this post.. :D

Last edited:
First impressions arnt great...seemed better before the patch. GT4 at Bathurst..i go to simulate remainder of qualy...the game has crashed twice on the 'simulating session' screen?!

Never done that before...

So am i the only one that thinks the wheel feels different now? :lol: Placebo? Certainly didnt seem like it the 3 races i managed!

No, I also feel the FFB is much better than the default settings before the patch. However.....

still waiting to get the game on but if you stop the car, move the wheel to full lock, accelerate slowly and the wheel still flies back to centre then it sounds like the centre spring hasn't changed at all.

I tested this multiple times (after finding out I hadn't upgraded my firmware) and for me it is still 100% there. Not the biggest deal anymore as I said the FFB has improved greatly, but it still has to be masking a some other forces.

Note: I turned soft steering damping off...should I leave that on?

Just signed up to the official forums, To my amazement im the first person to raise the issue of the centre spring on PS4 since the release on 1.4

Downloading now and I will give my thoughts on the AI in the rain and aggression.
Remember, the only thing they fixed is that when it starts to rain during a session they won't drive on their slicks like it's still dry. Their general pace on wet tyres is still a couple of seconds too fast and their aggression hasn't changed neither.

Haven't added the patch yet, but saw this in the patch notes...

Patch Notes 1-4
PS4: The lobby browser now displays random lobbies instead of always the oldest lobbies

Whut? You can browse lobbies on the PS4? Dammit, can't do that on XB1.

Remember, the only thing they fixed is that when it starts to rain during a session they won't drive on their slicks like it's still dry. Their general pace on wet tyres is still a couple of seconds too fast and their aggression hasn't changed neither.

Well so far I notice a difference. It seem like they give you room now instead of running into you when you are underneath them going into a turn. Also it seem like the aggression has been tone down a little. I did only 3 races so far with all different types of cars at different tracks. Only down side is that they are still a little too fast in the rain. It's been improved though. I can at least maintain my spot instead of getting steam roll by the AI.

Just signed up to the official forums, To my amazement im the first person to raise the issue of the centre spring on PS4 since the release on 1.4

Where did you look.. I have been seeing reports on the official forums that the centering spring is not disabled all day.

I can confirm it's out in the US. DLing now. Fingers crossed!

Jerome

• Project CARS on Playstation 4 section
The issue is only on PS4 right?

Oh.. well that is the right place, it is scattered all over the forums, they are a mess right now as many of the things listed in the patch as fixed are not fixed.

It is cool though, I hope more people post there about it. Bugs are bugs, but when it is marked fixed in patch notes and it is not even changed, that is a failure from Devs to QA to QC.

And no.. some of the PC guys are having trouble too - some wheels you can force centering spring off in the driver profile but not others maybe. Either way a lot of them are not happy either.

Oh.. well that is the right place, it is scattered all over the forums, they are a mess right now as many of the things listed in the patch as fixed are not fixed.

It is cool though, I hope more people post there about it. Bugs are bugs, but when it is marked fixed in patch notes and it is not even changed, that is a failure from Devs to QA to QC.

And no.. some of the PC guys are having trouble too - some wheels you can force centering spring off in the driver profile but not others maybe. Either way a lot of them are not happy either.
I've just noticed the FFBV was set back down to 75, Upped it to 100 then raced the Caterham 300 Nordslchiefe, The feedback was insane and i was unable to control the car due to the forces and the wheel ripped out of my hands. Im sure the incredible hulk would struggle with it. So is FFB supposed to be 75 now? (default)

So gutted for you guys who are still not experiencing what this game has to offer :(. I feel so lucky that I have had zero issues on either the PC or PS4 version, do have some ffb issues with the Xbone version but nothing like you guys are experiencing. I just hope that they can get it sorted and you can see what the game is truly like. I promise you that it's an experience like no other when it works how it works for me.

I've just noticed the FFBV was set back down to 75, Upped it to 100 then raced the Caterham 300 Nordslchiefe, The feedback was insane and i was unable to control the car due to the forces and the wheel ripped out of my hands. Im sure the incredible hulk would struggle with it. So is FFB supposed to be 75 now? (default)

That was the default at release. - the thing is something with the games FFB was weird and the gurus said to set it at 100 and lower the force in other areas.. like Tire Force, Master Scale and SoP scale, plus many others (soft clipping, relative adj, )

I have no idea how it should work with the patch and wont know for many hours when I get to try myself.

So gutted for you guys who are still not experiencing what this game has to offer :(. I feel so lucky that I have had zero issues on either the PC or PS4 version, do have some ffb issues with the Xbone version but nothing like you guys are experiencing. I just hope that they can get it sorted and you can see what the game is truly like. I promise you that it's an experience like no other when it works how it works for me.

Oh I am loving the game once I got the settings all dialed in.. but I know it can be better when they get the center spring removed as it reduces the quality of the FFB you actually want to feel leading to clipping at lower settings...

Nearly took my arm off trying to make this video! It's insane how powerful it's centering!

Yep that's what mine does. The initial spring back is still silly, but I'm sure before as you pulled away the wheel would continue to spring left and right whereas now it only moves a little bit then stops

I've noticed now my T300 (which I updated to firmware 24) has reverted back to the previous state where the fan would continue to spin for several minutes after you stop playing. I had gotten rid of this by updating to firmware 24 just last week, and until now the fan had been stopping after 30 seconds or so, somehow the 1.4 patch has caused the wheel to go back to the old fan settings. Very strange indeed. Someone with this wheel (on firmware 24) please test this also.

Nothing :boggled: Still blurry around me , still Raster forming in front of the car (this you can see very good at CadwellPark circuit ).
For the diep-freezes and crashes i have to play a bit longer .

I still think it's poor for a game to have to introduce a SLIDER to adjust your game, I am on 0 and still getting ghosting on the AI only, I am glad I can play this game without straining my eyes but come on if your a normal player who doesn't read forums like this you would be so disappointed.

Have you set your TV up properly? If you have an LCD, chances are your TV has motion interpolation enabled. It will be called a different thing depending on the manufacturer of the TV. Mine's a Sony TV and iirc it's called 'Motion Flow' on mine. I have my TV's contrast, sharpness etc all set up on one profile for my PS4, and this includes motion interpolation being off.

What it does is it adds extra frames into the image that are made up of the preceding frame and the next frame, to make 24fps TV shows look smoother. In content above 30fps it makes it look blurry, especially in 60fps content. A friend of mine had nothing changed on his TV when he first played Project CARS, and the ghosting looked so bad that it was almost impossible to focus. Mine was already set up before I got pCARS so the ghosting wasn't really that bad pre-patch on mine. If you're still having image problems, try checking out your TV settings.

Motion Interpolation is the enemy of games.

That was the default at release. - the thing is something with the games FFB was weird and the gurus said to set it at 100 and lower the force in other areas.. like Tire Force, Master Scale and SoP scale, plus many others (soft clipping, relative adj, )

It was my fault i messed about with the deadzone removal put it to .50, back to 0 and all is good. The FFB has certainly been ramped right up though! Gonnae need to hit the gym more!

Last edited:
This hurt my brain. You want them to know about these issues, but instead of telling them about the issues you just whisper it in a corner on the other side of the building and hope they hear you, because you can't be bothered to walk over and tell them? Completely logical. :rolleyes:

That's funny because I could swear there are WMD member who regularly post/read this forum.

:lol:

That's funny because I could swear there are WMD member who regularly post/read this forum.

I'm sure there are, but I'm also sure there are a lot more of them on the official forum and I'm sure they're on there a lot more often. (And from the looks of things they have their hands full!) It's not the posting on GTP I had issue with, it's the "I can't be bothered to exert a tiny bit of energy to help solve a problem, but I'll sure complaint about it" attitude I had issue with.

It was my fault i messed about with the deadzone removal put it to .50, back to 0 and all is good. The FFB has certainly been ramped right up though! Gonnae need to hit the gym more!
Just have some spinach instead ;). On a more serious note, don't think you have to be particularly strong to use something like the T300RS, technique of how you hold wheel makes a big difference. Like people stronger than me struggle to use G27 while I find it easy with one hand at full strength with light grip.

Just have some spinach instead ;). On a more serious note, don't think you have to be particularly strong to use something like the T300RS, technique of how you hold wheel makes a big difference. Like people stronger than me struggle to use G27 while I find it easy with one hand at full strength with light grip.
Isn't that a Fangio quote? :D

Back