pCARS Patch Notes - 1.4

Its posts like these that really piss me off. He is a WMD member at the second lowest tier, so that means he made about a tenner of profit up until now... OMG imagine all the nice things he could buy from frauding people into believing pcars is actually any good. :rolleyes: There are several members here who have no big financial stakes in the game whatsoever and were still answering questions and passing feedback on to the devs for hundrets of hours up until this point. With practically no financial gain and during their free time. To see those efforts disrespected like that and basically calling him a liar because he has no issues is just shameless and thoroughly demotivating for devoting any further effort.

And for your info, I had no issues with my T300 either until 1.4. Yes, there was a centering spring feeling but I could dial it out enough so that it didnt bother me.

Get a grip. You guys have a biased view of the game. For that reason I don't hang on every word you say. If that makes me "shameless" then so be it. Lol

Go and read my post again. I didn't call anyone a liar.

Anyway back to the patch. FFB is bad after the patch on my T500. I tried playing with the settings for four hours the other night but I couldn't get a decent feel. Hopefully they will sort this out with the next patch because it's unplayable for me now.

FFB is bad after the patch on my T500. I tried playing with the settings for four hours the other night but I couldn't get a decent feel. Hopefully they will sort this out with the next patch because it's unplayable for me now.
They will have to find out what they should sort out though.
I had all kinds of issues with my T500RS before 1.4, almost unplayable as you say.
But after 1.4 my wheel is better than ever, no more issues. I did not even recalibrate.
Mine is the GT6 branded wheel, latest (dec. 2014) firmware and connected directly to PS4.

Lost my GT3 tune online today, must have picked up someones random tune in the room. All the work fine tuning and gone!! :banghead: so i guess that bug was not fixed.

I'm going to do more testing today, to see if what I surmise is true (at least for me). Because I don't have a stand of any sort (first time wheel user), I can't play PCars on ps4 using my tv. I have to play it hooked up to my damn 23in monitor, with the wheel attached to my computer desk, and the pedals propped against an unopened batch of printer paper, which is in turn propped against the wall.

I don't have any speakers to connect to the ps4 with this setup, so I use my bose headsets plugged into the DS4 for audio while driving with the wheel. I notice the wheel feeling very different from the beginning of the race to the middle of the race, like turning the wheel is much easier later on (most likely fade). From my very limited experience with the wheel pre-1.4 patch, it didn't seem to do that. Before going to bed last night, I plugged in my turtle beach headset directly to the ps4 instead and turned off the DS4, and maybe it is placebo, but it seemed like the driving feel was constant throughout that race with the ds4 turned off. I will test more tonight to see if I'm going nuts or not.

The AI awareness is just terrible still. Forget about what I said a few pages ago about it being improved because it's not. I thought it was but I guess not.This needs to be seriously fixed.

Lost my GT3 tune online today, must have picked up someones random tune in the room. All the work fine tuning and gone!! :banghead: so i guess that bug was not fixed.
No it absolutely isn't, but I think it was on the list of fixed bug of the 1.4, no ? My RGT-8 setup keeps returning to default on the tyres/brakes page every single time. I've just quit playing the game today because I was about to destroy my TV and PS4.

This is totally unacceptable, 4 patches and it seems there's nearly ZERO improvement. On my side it's even worse now.
Just freeze the DLC dev and focus 100% on getting the freaking thing fixed already.

The AI awareness is just terrible still. Forget about what I said a few pages ago about it being improved because it's not. I thought it was but I guess not.This needs to be seriously fixed.
It wasn't in the patch notes so why did you expect it to be fixed. AI is being worked on all the time and AI improvements are due for a future patch.

i make a screenshot of my setups per each track just to be safe you know!
That's not the problem, since only the tyres/brakes page resets itself I know what are the settings. It's just it really, really, REALLY annoying to check each time, each session, each time I box within a session,...

You have to create setups in free practice mode, not during your career. Then they stay saved.
Really ? Thanks for the tip, but that's a bit of an aberration though.
And before the patch I'm pretty sure I created several setups in career mode and they've been saved correctly.

Really ? Thanks for the tip, but that's a bit of an aberration though.
And before the patch I'm pretty sure I created several setups in career mode and they've been saved correctly.
Yeah it was one of the first things i noticed after 1.4. Just go to free practice with the car/track combo you wanna race in career, save it there and you should be fine.

I know some of you have had issues with the AI but I have to say I have only had ocassional issues with it. It's certainly better than AI cars I have played anywhere else.

I believe some improvements to AI have to be done on a track by track and car by car basis so it takes a lot of time to test/get right. I don't believe it is either "broken" or "fixed" but it has to slowly evolve. So I'm guessing improvement will only come bit by bit on that front.

It's the best offline experience I've had with any game. That is from offline quick race mode which is generally excellent. I haven't done much career yet as I'm letting you lot test that ;) What I have tried in the karts has been cery good.

As for online I've had some excellent racing in private rooms. I made the effort to friend as many people as possible on GTPlanet as well as having quite a few friends/club members also get the game. It definitely makes a difference to the quality and quantity of rooms I have run or joined. As an example we had some great racing running RUF Super Cup races on Friday night. A nearly full private room supplimented by a few AI. Unfortunately one of those AI drivers, we'll refer to as "Carlos", had escaped from an institute for the criminally insane but he gave us a laugh for 25 minutes as we all tried to avoid him at Zhuhai. We just needed a kick Carlos button for the race. Online has actually given me the most enjoyable racing experiences I've had in any of my long years searching for the "one" racing game since I started playing Pocketeers in the 70's. Im certain I've found it but we all probably need a bit more patience before it will please most of us.

Bugs etc are there of course but I don't come across them that often and they really aren't as prevalent as they might appear to be from reading some threads here and on the official forums where of course we read about them all lumped together.

The game has crashed on me a couple of times in 50 hours of play. I think that's pretty fair for a new game. Obviously some have had that happen more often but I can only speak about my experience.

Has it got easier after the patch ?
I'm on PS4 and finding it easier in career mode since the patch playing on 80% difficulty . Thinking I'm going to knock it up to 90% and see how competitive I am .

Has it got easier after the patch ?
I'm on PS4 and finding it easier in career mode since the patch playing on 80% difficulty . Thinking I'm going to knock it up to 90% and see how competitive I am .
It really depends on the race you are doing.
In some of them, AI is much faster and more aggressive, using the same difficulty settings. I also play on 80, sometimes 90, but in some races you need to crank them down to get the same result.

I know some of you have had issues with the AI but I have to say I have only had ocassional issues with it. It's certainly better than AI cars I have played anywhere else.

I believe some improvements to AI have to be done on a track by track and car by car basis so it takes a lot of time to test/get right. I don't believe it is either "broken" or "fixed" but it has to slowly evolve. So I'm guessing improvement will only come bit by bit on that front.

It's the best offline experience I've had with any game. That is from offline quick race mode which is generally excellent. I haven't done much career yet as I'm letting you lot test that ;) What I have tried in the karts has been cery good.

As for online I've had some excellent racing in private rooms. I made the effort to friend as many people as possible on GTPlanet as well as having quite a few friends/club members also get the game. It definitely makes a difference to the quality and quantity of rooms I have run or joined. As an example we had some great racing running RUF Super Cup races on Friday night. A nearly full private room supplimented by a few AI. Unfortunately one of those AI drivers, we'll refer to as "Carlos", had escaped from an institute for the criminally insane but he gave us a laugh for 25 minutes as we all tried to avoid him at Zhuhai. We just needed a kick Carlos button for the race. Online has actually given me the most enjoyable racing experiences I've had in any of my long years searching for the "one" racing game since I started playing Pocketeers in the 70's. Im certain I've found it but we all probably need a bit more patience before it will please most of us.

Bugs etc are there of course but I don't come across them that often and they really aren't as prevalent as they might appear to be from reading some threads here and on the official forums where of course we read about them all lumped together.

The game has crashed on me a couple of times in 50 hours of play. I think that's pretty fair for a new game. Obviously some have had that happen more often but I can only speak about my experience.
I've no real complaints with the AI either. Sure I've OCCASSIONALLY been sideswiped, but I reckon I would experience that more online with humans tbh. Also, real life racers will do the same sometimes too :). I would like to see the AI corner cutting tweeked and any other improvements to them are always welcome but all in all they are some of the best AI that I have ever raced against.

You have to create setups in free practice mode, not during your career. Then they stay saved.
Ok, I tried it.
First my setup (the good one) was already saved when I started the session in free practice mode... Go figure.
Then I returned to career mode, setup was good for Q1 and Q2 but then again it changed before the race...
So it seems there's no walk around, it's just random. And unfortunately it cuts my motivation to play the game too.

:lol:, I did played a bit after 1.4 update, had a couple of freezes for a few seconds on track when he played online then a crash right about 2 hours ( PS4 beeps and rebooted ). I also noticed on my mates PS4, the fan is loud when Pcars running, he told me this too and he never played more than 2 hours straight for fear of overheating. Previously before 1.4, he also had to unplug the PS4 several times when Pcars crashed :( Now, I just told him to put it on the shelf again for awhile, The look on his face when the freezes happen and when it did crashed was priceless though, he didn't even flinch for a few seconds, and silent while taking the game disc out and switch to a movie instead on PS3, Interstellar :D
Looks like you're going to have to pay your friend's wife for that bad decision you forced her into (getting him the game as a gift) otherwise you lose a friend. Tough decision.

Still, all it takes is a little bit of effort. Find a clean good racer send them a friend request. Eventually you get enough like minded people and every night your racing is good fun with other like minded racers. The pc options aren't that great either, but there is a text chat at least.
Absolutely true and pretty much true on every game ever played online as far as I know. I haven't played a guhe number of games online but it was pretty rare to wander into a lobby and find it full of courteous, clean, friendly players no matter where I went:sly: A little time, a little effort, make the right friends, and everything tended to work out.

Looks like you're going to have to pay your friend's wife for that bad decision you forced her into (getting him the game as a gift) otherwise you lose a friend. Tough decision.

Lose a friend ? Is that how you see the world JP ? Lose a friend over a buggy game ? We actually joked about the game when we watched Interstellar and they understood my good intention of suggesting Pcars. Sadly, even without the crash issue, the game still do not really satisfy our expectation ( all the bugs need fixing and inaccurate car data/setup which are locked )

I've no real complaints with the AI either. Sure I've OCCASSIONALLY been sideswiped, but I reckon I would experience that more online with humans tbh. Also, real life racers will do the same sometimes too :). I would like to see the AI corner cutting tweeked and any other improvements to them are always welcome but all in all they are some of the best AI that I have ever raced against.

I don't have a problem with AI either. Faaaaaaaaaaaar better AI than any console racer I've played before. When I do get sideswiped and check the replay, quite often it wasn't just the AI's fault it was me for not realising they had the inside line and me moving into them.

Just want the god damn wet weather AI nerfed!

Lose a friend ? Is that how you see the world JP ? Lose a friend over a buggy game ? We actually joked about the game when we watched Interstellar and they understood my good intention of suggesting Pcars. Sadly, even without the crash issue, the game still do not really satisfy our expectation ( all the bugs need fixing and inaccurate car data/setup which are locked )
Me? No. But it sounded last week like you were going to lose a friend or cause a divorce unless you gave your friend some money to compensate him for your unwise recommendation of Project Cars to his wife as a birthday gift. It's not a situation I'm familiar with, having to compensate a friend for a gift purchase that was traded in shortly after purchase with a resulting financial loss that is, but good to see they understood your good intentions. It really causes hard feelings when you recommend a gift for a close friend and then they expect you to compensate them when it isn't exactly what they/you expected.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back