pCARS Patch Notes - 1.4

PS4.

I've just had a corrupt save, lost everything, 80 hours of racing, about 9 seasons of career. When I load up the game, the woman asks me what settings i want, as if i've never played before. **** ** *** ******!!
Don't you take backups ?

Don't you take backups ?
no, hence my annoyance, are you saying the blame lies with me?

I have never done backups on a games console. I had a look at the memory settings on the ps4 and can't work it out anyway, uSB stick?

PS4

I've just had a corrupt save, lost everything, 80 hours of racing, about 9 seasons of career. When I load up the game, the woman asks me what settings i want, as if i've never played before **** ** *** ******!!

I had just bought the DLC, to add salt to the wound
Little comfort to you probably, but at least you haven't lost a load of cars because they're all available at day one :)

I know it shouldn't have happened, it's still a bummer of a bug

Last edited:
Little comfort to you probably, but at least you haven't lost a load of cars because they're all available at day one :)

I know it shouldn't have happened, it's still a bummer of a bug

That's the silver lining i suppose haha. For the mean time, i must reconfigure my button layout.

Have they removed the 'Pro Handling' characteristic from you Driver Profile (under preferred realism)? Mine said it before I updated but I deleted literally everything from the game (save, game data) to start fresh. I started a new game, chose Pro again but it doesn't say so under my Driver Profile. When I go to the gameplay settings, everything was set to real on it's own so it seems to be set as so but doesn't say it.

Can anyone check to see if it's still there?

EDIT: An old screenshot showed; Device, Handling, View - now it's only Device, view.

Do you have PS+?

If so you may find that its been backing up to the cloud for you anyway, mine does and saved me from the same thing.

Be careful with that, I had it auto-upload a corrupt save file and screwed my game up (when restoring). I only do manual upload/to usb now. Just a friendly tip.

I had a couple of crashes before the patch. I've had none since.

If your friend wants you pay for his wife's gift because she doesn't like it you should probably find a new friend.

No, he won't ask for the difference, how could you have such a thought ? We have been friends for over 10 years, it's my own good will as a friend to him and his wife which I already felt guilt for failing to give her the opportunity to make her husband happy on his birthday, it crashed on his 1st play session online ( should have chosen different game or my original idea, racing gloves & shoes ). The game frustrate him every time he played and his wife has to listen to his rant :(

Anyway, the game is not only the present from her, it's just one of the package, she doesn't really care about the money spent, she cares about what the present will do for her husband ( to make him happy playing it ), and it's no good so far.

I will just get him to update when I come over in a few hours, then we'll play ( going to tune the Evo X, see if they work like his old ride ), and hope for the best.

No, he won't ask for the difference, how could you have such a thought ? We have been friends for over 10 years, it's my own good will as a friend to him and his wife which I already felt guilt for failing to give her the opportunity to make her husband happy on his birthday, it crashed on his 1st play session online ( should have chosen different game or my original idea, racing gloves & shoes ). The game frustrate him every time he played and his wife has to listen to his rant :(

Anyway, the game is not only the present from her, it's just one of the package, she doesn't really care about the money spent, she cares about what the present will do for her husband ( to make him happy playing it ), and it's no good so far.

I will just get him to update when I come over in a few hours, then we'll play ( going to tune the Evo X, see if they work like his old ride ), and hope for the best.

Of course i get what you're saying mate.....Although there are other ways a wife can please her husband you know!!! :P Hahaha!

Sorry my mistake. You must be a very nice guy. I hope your friend's problems are resolved.

Don't mess around with the ffb settings in the wheel menu. I did it as well and it was just a nightmare. you just have to go to car settings and there to ffb. put it up from 25 to 60-70. And you feel every different underground like you are used to in Gt ;) Play with T500

PS4/T300 here – centering spring issues are still present. I did reset the controller profile and recalibrated. Curiously not on all cars. On the Formula B for example there is no problem, but on GT and road cars that I tried is still there. FFS!

Last edited:
If he traded the game then I will have cover the difference as it was my idea to pick the game as present :( His wife isn't happy at all with my choice :banghead: Better ask him to keep it on the shelf for awhile, who knows it won't cause any crash again after a few updates.

Give him a special car tune of his choice for GT6 as a gift.He 'll feel better.

Don't mess around with the ffb settings in the wheel menu. I did it as well and it was just a nightmare. you just have to go to car settings and there to ffb. put it up from 25 to 60-70. And you feel every different underground like you are used to in Gt ;) Play with T500

I don't like the T500rs FFB after the patch. I now have a lot of deadzone and there's no soft steering lock.

Which setting are you changing exactly?

I had a random issue on one of the invitationals - using the Merc 190E. 1st race was at Zolder and whenever I broke hard, it pulled slightly to the left, every single lap, every single [hard-ish] braking point.
Thinking it may be just me and the fact Zolder is mainly on cambers into braking points, I took no notice. However, 2nd race was the same, so I looked at the tyre settings and the front left tyre was on softs but all others were on medium. REALLY! Where the hell did that come from.
Moral of the story........check your tyres before every race. I didn't because I trusted the game to set it up for me. Silly mistake.
This only seems to have happened after the patch as I raced the series before and did not have the same problem.

Have they removed the 'Pro Handling' characteristic from you Driver Profile (under preferred realism)? Mine said it before I updated but I deleted literally everything from the game (save, game data) to start fresh. I started a new game, chose Pro again but it doesn't say so under my Driver Profile. When I go to the gameplay settings, everything was set to real on it's own so it seems to be set as so but doesn't say it.

Can anyone check to see if it's still there?

EDIT: An old screenshot showed; Device, Handling, View - now it's only Device, view.
Just checked, it's gone now. I only updated, deleted nothing.

With the slider set to 0, this is the first time I've actually thought the game looks great (ghosting was that noticeable on my TV). "Jaggies" introduced from setting it to 0 is negligible in my opinion.

I've noticed that bugs are more common since the last patch (or it could just be my bad luck). In a weekend race on Laguna Seca, I was forced to pit due to rain, and on exit my wheels clipped below the pavement and the car wouldn't move. I restarted the race and the same exact issue happened.

I also had the screen freeze on my for a couple of seconds while the game itself continued on.

I've noticed that bugs are more common since the last patch (or it could just be my bad luck). In a weekend race on Laguna Seca, I was forced to pit due to rain, and on exit my wheels clipped below the pavement and the car wouldn't move. I restarted the race and the same exact issue happened.....

Same but I am having different bugs.. like when I join an online session sometimes there is no FFB at all. So I have to exit and rejoin or join another room. Then the thing where I am forced to bumper cam and can't switch view. I even get on the mic and ask them if that is how the room is set and they say no.

- Word is Microsoft rejected patch 1.4 for the xbox one. I guess one of the low end non FFB wheels (Hori) it crashes the system with 1.4. - So for us on PS4 it could be worse I guess.

They need to revert more resources to QA/QC - or ask for help.

Last edited:
So gutted for you guys who are still not experiencing what this game has to offer :(. I feel so lucky that I have had zero issues on either the PC or PS4 version, do have some ffb issues with the Xbone version but nothing like you guys are experiencing. I just hope that they can get it sorted and you can see what the game is truly like. I promise you that it's an experience like no other when it works how it works for me.

What wheel are you using for PS4?

Give him a special car tune of his choice for GT6 as a gift.He 'll feel better.

:lol:, I did played a bit after 1.4 update, had a couple of freezes for a few seconds on track when he played online then a crash right about 2 hours ( PS4 beeps and rebooted ). I also noticed on my mates PS4, the fan is loud when Pcars running, he told me this too and he never played more than 2 hours straight for fear of overheating. Previously before 1.4, he also had to unplug the PS4 several times when Pcars crashed :( Now, I just told him to put it on the shelf again for awhile, The look on his face when the freezes happen and when it did crashed was priceless though, he didn't even flinch for a few seconds, and silent while taking the game disc out and switch to a movie instead on PS3, Interstellar :D

:lol:, I did played a bit after 1.4 update, had a couple of freezes for a few seconds on track when he played online then a crash right about 2 hours ( PS4 beeps and rebooted ). I also noticed on my mates PS4, the fan is loud when Pcars running, he told me this too and he never played more than 2 hours straight for fear of overheating. Previously before 1.4, he also had to unplug the PS4 several times when Pcars crashed :( Now, I just told him to put it on the shelf again for awhile, The look on his face when the freezes happen and when it did crashed was priceless though, he didn't even flinch for a few seconds, and silent while taking the game disc out and switch to a movie instead on PS3, Interstellar :D

That sounds more like a problem with the PS4 than the game. I've had the game crash a couple of times but I've always been returned to the PS4 menu. Project Cars has never crashed my PS4.

I had the game freeze up for a second last night too, and I had to restart one race due to no FFB whatsoever. Haven't had a crash with 1.4 yet, but am still getting a visual glitch where the camera spawns in the ground during the grid shots.

Really pleased with how the game looks with the slider at 25. Nice and clean now. Shame the new rear light tarmac reflection appears through walls but other than that it looks great. Turned the haze and bloom on too for some nice effects.

That sounds more like a problem with the PS4 than the game. I've had the game crash a couple of times but I've always been returned to the PS4 menu. Project Cars has never crashed my PS4.

You got it wrong, I can assure you, the PS4 is less than 6 months old, and never crashed on other games, which is why he's not touching pcars for weeks. Sometimes Pcars crashed even in menu ( less than 30 minutes of play ), back before 1.4.

Don't lay blame on the console easily, I think my mate is not the only person with frequent crash issues. PS4 is in air conditioned living room, pretty cool with spacious breathing space.

You got it wrong, I can assure you, the PS4 is less than 6 months old, and never crashed on other games, which is why he's not touching pcars for weeks. Sometimes Pcars crashed even in menu ( less than 30 minutes of play ), back before 1.4.

Don't lay blame on the console easily, I think my mate is not the only person with frequent crash issues. PS4 is in air conditioned living room, pretty cool with spacious breathing space.

If it was the game it would be happening to everyone.

Back