Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 203 comments
  • 28,775 views
...so PD needs to sort that Gr.X out ASAP, since I feel this one will end in Gr.X too...

On other hand we have ERS finally working on all hybrids, but Tesla Model S and BMW i3 lack... We all know those cars cannot go for long when driving them in sport mode, but there should be an option for that.. at least they would be useful in N class cars... same as this new Porsche

I'm surprised those cars aren't in N classes. They are real road cars. I see Them a ton here in NJ. Group X should be limited to the Vision Prototype cars.

How is the X Bow anymore of an "N class" car than the Tesla or i3? Or, this new Porsche, to keep it on topic.
 
i1UPXw16sgDH77E.jpg



i18GfSC2CP0vVG.jpg
Just wow,when it comes to car modeling PD are the real masters
 
I'm surprised those cars aren't in N classes. They are real road cars. I see Them a ton here in NJ. Group X should be limited to the Vision Prototype cars.

How is the X Bow anymore of an "N class" car than the Tesla or i3? Or, this new Porsche, to keep it on topic.
The Class for some cars are built without any logical sense, sometimes it is so stupid especially after X-Bow is significantly higher than its category being a car only for Track Day.
 
The Taycan will be pretty nice. However we finally know that VGT is not dead. The last car we got was April 2018, so I was a little concerned.

Also, the fact that it's coming late NEXT year means that GT sport will still be supported for quite a long while. I was expected GT7 at PS5 launch, but I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. I expect a port of GT Sport.
 
A regular 917K would go straight to the Gr.X hell too, specifically the Nostalgic '69 division.

We sure about this? I could see PD BoP ing the heck out of it and making it into a GR1 car and calling it a "GR C"
 
The architecture of the GPU didn't exist before, Navi is brand new (not some refresh) and only went into production in mid June. AMD discrete GPU's aren't even full Navi yet (which the PS5 will be), they're a hybrid architecture. So no, they haven't had dev kits for a long time, because there was no silicon to have. I recommend following all tech news.
There are no surprises in store for next-gen development. We’ll get higher resolutions, higher LOD models, upgraded textures, more effects, rock solid framerates etc.

The biggest changes will be to game structure, grid sizes, stuff like that. We’ve seen bits & pieces about better car physics, driver/crash physics etc. The extent to which they can be implemented will come down to final specs. But a 1st party developer like PD will have known this for at least 12-18 months.
 
I like that Porsche is going to be more represented but I don't care about the Taycan at all. So I hope this means there's more regular Porsche cars to come. I do like the 917k thing, that looks great.
 
The Class for some cars are built without any logical sense, sometimes it is so stupid especially after X-Bow is significantly higher than its category being a car only for Track Day.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-ktm-x-bow-r-manual-my17/OAG-AD-15648682/?Cr=2

We are excited to announce this 2014 KTM X-Bow R Demonstrator. For the first time ever, the KTM X-BOW is now available to be road registered in Australia, available exclusively through . With unique styling and ballistic performance it will turn heads and win nearly any traffic light showdown. At home, whether on the road or racetrack, this car is for those who love a pure driving experience.
;)
 
The facts don't agree with your feels. Can't start building a game 2 years before the hardware it's going to be running on even exists. Since the next GT game will be a PS5 launch title. If it runs on PS4 at all (which I doubt) it will have to be dramatically down scaled.
Not sure what facts you're referring to. You know how a new gaming console has games available at launch? Games take years of development these days. And PD doesn't need a PS5 or hardware specs to scan and design cars and tracks.
 
COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! Am so, so stoked about the 917 Living Legend (917/50) coming to the game - so happy that it won't just be relegated to a static design study. And the fact that we're also getting another Porsche "proper" Vision GT car? So awesome. Great news all around!
 
Yeah they need to sort out Gr X,its a mess of a group,classic cars,prototypes and EV all in a class that was supposed to be the place for VGTs.
Either put prototypes in N Class or create a special class just for prototypes.
 
We got the Supra too but then again Toyota doesn't seem too interested in giving anyone else their cars.

I'm just wondering that the 917 "Living Legend" will be like.
Probably fast. Maybe P1 fast.
 
Hopefully we will get an update on the Formula E cars with this partnership and Porsche participating:bowdown:
 
Would massively prefer the proper 917 preferably the 917K, 917LH or 917/30 "turbopanzer" but I'll take it. Looking forward to trying out the taycan though, looks like fun!!
 
How is the X Bow anymore of an "N class" car than the Tesla or i3? Or, this new Porsche, to keep it on topic.

Xbow is N class because you can legally own it and drive on streets. There are 2 cars that should be moved from N class are Aston martin Vulcan and Toyota Sfr racing concept. Vulcan is a track day car that isnt street legal just like Pagani Zonda R. Same goes for Sfr racing concept should be Gr.4 car.
 
I wonder if we'll be able to tune the Taycan's transmission. Unlike the i3 and Model S, the Taycan actually uses a two speed gearbox on the rear axle.
 
Back