Porsche Partnership Announced at the Frankfurt Motor Show

• Thread starter Cssgareth
  • 203 comments
...so PD needs to sort that Gr.X out ASAP, since I feel this one will end in Gr.X too...

On other hand we have ERS finally working on all hybrids, but Tesla Model S and BMW i3 lack... We all know those cars cannot go for long when driving them in sport mode, but there should be an option for that.. at least they would be useful in N class cars... same as this new Porsche

I'm surprised those cars aren't in N classes. They are real road cars. I see Them a ton here in NJ. Group X should be limited to the Vision Prototype cars.

How is the X Bow anymore of an "N class" car than the Tesla or i3? Or, this new Porsche, to keep it on topic.

i1UPXw16sgDH77E.jpg

i18GfSC2CP0vVG.jpg
Just wow,when it comes to car modeling PD are the real masters

I'm surprised those cars aren't in N classes. They are real road cars. I see Them a ton here in NJ. Group X should be limited to the Vision Prototype cars.

How is the X Bow anymore of an "N class" car than the Tesla or i3? Or, this new Porsche, to keep it on topic.
The Class for some cars are built without any logical sense, sometimes it is so stupid especially after X-Bow is significantly higher than its category being a car only for Track Day.

The Taycan will be pretty nice. However we finally know that VGT is not dead. The last car we got was April 2018, so I was a little concerned.

Also, the fact that it's coming late NEXT year means that GT sport will still be supported for quite a long while. I was expected GT7 at PS5 launch, but I don't think that's gonna happen anymore. I expect a port of GT Sport.

The architecture of the GPU didn't exist before, Navi is brand new (not some refresh) and only went into production in mid June. AMD discrete GPU's aren't even full Navi yet (which the PS5 will be), they're a hybrid architecture. So no, they haven't had dev kits for a long time, because there was no silicon to have. I recommend following all tech news.
There are no surprises in store for next-gen development. We’ll get higher resolutions, higher LOD models, upgraded textures, more effects, rock solid framerates etc.

The biggest changes will be to game structure, grid sizes, stuff like that. We’ve seen bits & pieces about better car physics, driver/crash physics etc. The extent to which they can be implemented will come down to final specs. But a 1st party developer like PD will have known this for at least 12-18 months.

The Class for some cars are built without any logical sense, sometimes it is so stupid especially after X-Bow is significantly higher than its category being a car only for Track Day.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-ktm-x-bow-r-manual-my17/OAG-AD-15648682/?Cr=2

We are excited to announce this 2014 KTM X-Bow R Demonstrator. For the first time ever, the KTM X-BOW is now available to be road registered in Australia, available exclusively through . With unique styling and ballistic performance it will turn heads and win nearly any traffic light showdown. At home, whether on the road or racetrack, this car is for those who love a pure driving experience.
;)

The facts don't agree with your feels. Can't start building a game 2 years before the hardware it's going to be running on even exists. Since the next GT game will be a PS5 launch title. If it runs on PS4 at all (which I doubt) it will have to be dramatically down scaled.
Not sure what facts you're referring to. You know how a new gaming console has games available at launch? Games take years of development these days. And PD doesn't need a PS5 or hardware specs to scan and design cars and tracks.

Yeah they need to sort out Gr X,its a mess of a group,classic cars,prototypes and EV all in a class that was supposed to be the place for VGTs.
Either put prototypes in N Class or create a special class just for prototypes.

Would massively prefer the proper 917 preferably the 917K, 917LH or 917/30 "turbopanzer" but I'll take it. Looking forward to trying out the taycan though, looks like fun!!

Xbow is N class because you can legally own it and drive on streets. There are 2 cars that should be moved from N class are Aston martin Vulcan and Toyota Sfr racing concept. Vulcan is a track day car that isnt street legal just like Pagani Zonda R. Same goes for Sfr racing concept should be Gr.4 car.

Back