Project CARS 2 PlayStation 4 Review

Maybe it's because I'm a controller user, but I'm probably about 20+ hours in and no bugs. Absolutely loving the game.
Guy, could you give us your controller setup? I'm not having bugs, but can't play properly on dualshock. It's frustrating not be able to drive a Renault Clio on Brands Hatch without go to the grass.

Guy, could you give us your controller setup? I'm not having bugs, but can't play properly on dualshock. It's frustrating not be able to drive a Renault Clio on Brands Hatch without go to the grass.
If it helps the Clio is extreme difficult with a wheel as well. I couldnt take any corner at Oulton without it wanting to oversteer viciously into the grass.

If it helps the Clio is extreme difficult with a wheel as well. I couldnt take any corner at Oulton without it wanting to oversteer viciously into the grass.
I haven't tried be Clio in PC2, but in PC1, I had to use every setting possible to get the rear to stick.

Softest rear dampers possible, softest rear rollbar possible, increase positive rear toe, lowest rear tire pressure possible, combined with best feeling rear camber settings.

It took me a while, but I eventually got to where I could throw it around aggressively, instead of tiptoeing around in it.

Well, I haven't changed a thing other than I think sensitivity to 0, so the trigger has to travel the whole way before gas/brake is on full

You have probably missed this video floating around the other threads. Trial and error but first try these settings, it has helped quite a few out and although for Xbox (use for your DS4)makes all the inputs more smooth if you are used to other games. I really like these ones in the video. Let us know how you get on with these as I can't go back to default now 👍

Thank you for the review , I would be interested to know why you gave it such high marks considering the issues you have identified , if you had more time to explore track /car /combinations would it be higher or lower . I would like to see a breakdown of this - in PC1 I found some combinations worked (sort of ) and others were non starters which totally wrecked the career progression for me. I found fog was a complete no no !!

You have probably missed this video floating around the other threads. Trial and error but first try these settings, it has helped quite a few out and although for Xbox (use for your DS4)makes all the inputs more smooth if you are used to other games. I really like these ones in the video. Let us know how you get on with these as I can't go back to default now 👍

I have already tried this. Thanks. I'm done. Will return the game or wait for a patch. I'd like to to spend my precious time playing, not configuring a basic thing such this.

I think I am going back to PC1 main reason the world environment is more fluid, sense of speed is better, driving views are way better. As far as graphic goes the cars definitely have a big improvement in PC2 especially in replays. Do not think much else has the same leap in graphic quality. More tracks and more of the cars we want is a plus. I could care less about rain, rally or even racing at night. I do however like the time transitions from dusk to almost night etc. Sure as hell do not need snow. Some of the menu stuff is more complicated unnecessary the way they did it. There are a few things that are great though like being able to go to options without leaving the race menu. I will keep adjusting settings from time to time to see if can get it to feel and look like PC1. A.I. is extremely bad especially on lap "one", how this could ever be determined acceptable is beyond belief.
I will see what people say about GT Sport, I know it is going to be another bumper car version, but what a beautiful version it will be and hot lapping or racing online with creditable people should be great. Also replay menu and menus in general for PC2 on PS4 is not that great. For one thing it is very hard to tell when you have something selected, things like changing the lap counter "really" why! The liveries are somewhat bland. I know project cars is not a car collection sim, however a random or very limited livery editor would be nice "even GT6 style lol" the scheme could be set and you just change color and race number.

The thing is, so far i see:

The best car roster in a sim
The best track roster in a sim
The best physics i´ve experienced
The best (or second best) FFB
The most feature rich sim on the market

I agree with all except the FFB. I've never driven any real race car so can't comment on physics but for sure FFB lacks a lot. AC on PS4 rules in terms of FFB.
Tried some similar cars in PC2 and AC, on same tracks, same conditions and on my G29! The cars felt dead in PC2! Alive and roaring in AC!

Back