Project CARS: Head of Studios Reveals Tons of Information About the Game’s Upcoming Patch

I have not had any real bug/glitch issues that have given me remorse in my purchase as others have. I do feel that some things about the design of the game come up well short though. The lack of drafting. Not enough or no info in certain menu's or in parts of the game such as career. yHow long do ou want the race to be? Who knows because it only gives you info on how long the practice will be as you move the little slider. Some cars feel numb and detached from the track. It's enjoyable, but.

If you scroll though the weekend events it shows how many laps at your current slider setting

anyone else had issues of ps4 completely crashing with Pcars? it has never happened before until today. the game freezes, makes a weird noise the ps4 then resets and asks "would you like to send an error report to Sony".

The list of fixes in that article are disappointing. what about cars ghosting through one another? what about when you tune the car and then start the race and tune hasn't applied (you can tell most obviously from the a different fuel load). sometimes i will tune my car and then attempt to leave the pits to do a qualifiying lap and it won't let me, the pit guy just stands there, then you click "return to pits" and then leave again and it works. However if i tune the car again, and then attempt to leave, it won't let me again.

it's almost as if cerain tune settings won't let you leave the pits, another glitch.

anyone else had issues of ps4 completely crashing with Pcars? it has never happened before until today. the game freezes, makes a weird noise the ps4 then resets and asks "would you like to send an error report to Sony".

The list of fixes in that article are disappointing. what about cars ghosting through one another? what about when you tune the car and then start the race and tune hasn't applied (you can tell most obviously from the a different fuel load). sometimes i will tune my car and then attempt to leave the pits to do a qualifiying lap and it won't let me, the pit guy just stands there, then you click "return to pits" and then leave again and it works. However if i tune the car again, and then attempt to leave, it won't let me again.

it's almost as if cerain tune settings won't let you leave the pits, another glitch.

Yes, I've had the same experience, on the PS4. I've also had a similar experience on many occasions where the car won't go anywhere when I select an open wheel chassis for a solo practice session at the scenic California and Azure circuits.

Well I'm glad I got this game on PS4...I have both but it seems every game I gotten for Xone has had major issues...Plus the thing just doesn't run anywhere close as good as the PS4... As far as project cars goes yeah I was expecting some bugs but wow this game is great !! At least for the Caper, FB, and some of the GT cars (RUF needs work)...My only gripe is the AI drivers names switching every race... I wish they would just stick the same name on the same livery and leave it there or let us edit them...This bug anyone else? Probably just me but it drives me nuts lol...

i'm surprised that there hasn't yet been a single patch on the ps4. I love the game, but one or two of the main issues need fixing asap, as opposed to doing one mega update which takes months to make.

i'm surprised that there hasn't yet been a single patch on the ps4. I love the game, but one or two of the main issues need fixing asap, as opposed to doing one mega update which takes months to make.
A patch needs to go through Namco and then SONY. This all costs money. All devs collate the bugs that are found and usually wait until they fix a whole load and then apply them all in one big patch to reduce the cost. The only reason not to do that would be a truly game breaking bug that needed patching immediately.

well you can't scroll up or down to see the race timings listings because you need an R button which the wheel doesn't have. you also can't pan the camera in replay or photo modes making it impossible to get the most out of them without a pad.
Ah that.
Haven't really tried that.

A patch needs to go through Namco and then SONY. This all costs money. All devs collate the bugs that are found and usually wait until they fix a whole load and then apply them all in one big patch to reduce the cost. The only reason not to do that would be a truly game breaking bug that needed patching immediately.

They've got money, our money we used to buy the game with.

You mean like the one customers with older Fanatec wheels have got!

:sly:

Yeah, the game is perfectly fine. There isn't one game breaking bug. There are several of them.

Yeah, the game is perfectly fine. There isn't one game breaking bug. There are several of them.

Bugs and issues when using a wheel on the consoles are not first priority. Issues when using the standard controller are. And possible fixes for that are on the way.

Everyone has different issues they want to get fixed. Not every one can have their wishes granted in the first patch. It's obvious. People should just be glad, that SMS take notes of people's complains and are communicating with the players. Meanwhile, we should all relax and look forward to the upcoming F1 grand prix.

Bugs and issues when using a wheel on the consoles are not first priority. Issues when using the standard controller are. And possible fixes for that are on the way.

Everyone has different issues they want to get fixed. Not every one can have their wishes granted in the first patch. It's obvious. People should just be glad, that SMS take notes of people's complains and are communicating with the players. Meanwhile, we should all relax and look forward to the upcoming F1 grand prix.

No, SMS should be glad people aren't asking for a refund. These issues should not have occurred in the first place, so there should be no need for a patch.

I had pCARS on my PS4 for 48 hours. In this period:

- The game crashed the system three times.

- I experienced the crazy cars going nuts on tracks, hitting invisible objects, literally exploding by themselves.

- On one ocasion, after trying to set the session progression to x30, the game crashed and I couldn't go to track, stop the progression, nor do anything. Had to hard reboot.

- Sometimes the game saved my setups, sometimes it doesn't.

- Weather forecast and climate conditions influence drastically performance on track. And yet, this information is hidden from the player. You'll argue that this is not a bug. Granted, is an obtuse, ridiculous, oversight in a "racing simulation" title.

- Some starts on Clio Cup were stupid, with cars crashing into each other.

None of those had anything to do with the wheel, and they are game breaking issues.

More to the point, there are simply unbelievable broken stuff in the game that a half arsed patch, as the game itself is now, won't do for a lot of people.

You can't scroll down on menus using a wheel! Do you realise how basic this is?

How much time would some sensible developer and beta tester take to notice this if the game was tested?

Everyone has different issues they want to get fixed. Not every one can have their wishes granted in the first patch.

If everyone has differetn issues on a closed system, like a console, sorry, but this is SMS' fault.

It's obvious. People should just be glad, that SMS take notes of people's complains and are communicating with the players.

What? I should be glad that they released unifinshed, utterly, beyond believable broken stuff?

I should be glad because I basically payed to be a beta tester?

PS4 user .
Yup for the first time i had also a crash , this was at Zolder at 8°clock in the evening .

- I experienced the crazy cars going nuts on tracks, hitting invisible objects, literally exploding by themselves.

- On one ocasion, after trying to set the session progression to x30, the game crashed and I couldn't go to track, stop the progression, nor do anything. Had to hard reboot.

- Weather forecast and climate conditions influence drastically performance on track. And yet, this information is hidden from the player. You'll argue that this is not a bug. Granted, is an obtuse, ridiculous, oversight in a "racing simulation" title.

None of those had anything to do with the wheel, and they are game breaking issues.

More to the point, there are simply unbelievable broken stuff in the game that a half arsed patch, as the game itself is now, won't do for a lot of people.

How much time would some sensible developer and beta tester take to notice this if the game was tested?

If everyone has differetn issues on a closed system, like a console, sorry, but this is SMS' fault.

What? I should be glad that they released unifinshed, utterly, beyond believable broken stuff?

Let me try again.

Of all the issues in the game... Let's say there are 5000... Allan has 20 issues he wants fixed immediately. Bill has 20 different issues he wants fixed. Etc. Etc. The developer knows about all the issues. But only so many can be fixed in the first patch.

And then there are issues that most people have. There are issues that only a very little fraction of the players have. Which of them do you think, the developer fixes first?

I didn't really say, that you should be glad about what's wrong. But things are as they are. SMS seem to be doing there best to correct the issues asap. The alternatives are that they didn't care, or that the game was delayed another three months. Both cases would surely lead to even more complaints than there is about the issues and bugs.

Now, please don't twist my words again.

somebody should look up the words "game breaking " if it was game breaking you would haven't know about the clio cup A.I.
Just saying your playing it

This may be true, but how come none of the PAID quality testers didn't find these controller problems?
They can only test for things they know about, they're not omniscient. Otherwise every game would be perfect at launch.

They can only test for things they know about, they're not omniscient. Otherwise every game would be perfect at launch.

That's a load of rubbish, they should definitely have played the game with a controller, isn't that the main problem on Xbone? It's near on impossible to play on Xbone with a controller? Oh, they didn't test that because they didn't know people would be using a controller, or a Fanatec wheel, or playing career mode, or playing against AI, or using the pits...

That's a load of rubbish, they should definitely have played the game with a controller, isn't that the main problem on Xbone? It's near on impossible to play on Xbone with a controller? Oh, they didn't test that because they didn't know people would be using a controller, or a Fanatec wheel, or playing career mode, or playing against AI, or using the pits...
It's hard to countersteer on a controller because it only uses sixty percent of the left stick. The patch will fix this. I don't know what their testing regime was. Maybe the testers didn't need to countersteer because they knew the tracks well. Maybe their priorities were different to yours or mine. Bad news but at least they're fixing it.

You seem offended that their was a problem in the first place. If you feel that way all you can do is ask for a refund. The PC version had less bugs because there were many more people testing it than the console versions due to the WMD pre release build programme. Given that I'm glad I got what I got. YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY.

They can only test for things they know about, .

I don't know what their testing regime was.

OK then :)

I think the game is fantastic by the way, tonight I did a day-night-day race at Le Mans and I can only describe it as stunning. However at the start a few cars flipped up in the air for no reason and I was stuck in bumper cam the whole time.

I don't understand people trying to defend the game getting released full of bugs. It shouldn't happen and if people are OK with that the developers will get away with more and more each time.

Last edited:
You are right, it shouldn't. Yet it has, for reasons we can only speculate about.

For the few customers feeling the game is broken, unplayable, rubbish and whatnot, there are two options: Bring it back or keep it. Both options are equally valid, but only one has at least the potential to get some entertainment out of the game.

Going back and forth, ranting, yelling, insulting doesn't help anybody and produces a climate nobody wants to be in.

This post is meant as a general notice and not pointed at somebody specific.

OK then :)
I think the game is fantastic by the way, tonight I did a day-night-day race at Le Mans and I can only describe it as stunning. However at the start a few cars flipped up in the air for no reason and I was stuck in bumper cam the whole time.

I don't understand people trying to defend the game getting released full of bugs. It shouldn't happen and if people are OK with that the developers will get away with more and more each time.
No one is ok with the bugs and no one wants the devs to get away with it. We are just urging patience and let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

No one is ok with the bugs and no one wants the devs to get away with it. We are just urging patience and let's see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

I agree with that, and really I'm just playing devil's advocate, but people are defending the fact there are bugs in it.

There was a time when games were released without major issue, first time, without the need for a patch.

I agree with that, and really I'm just playing devil's advocate, but people are defending the fact there are bugs in it.

There was a time when games were released without major issue, first time, without the need for a patch.
If you'd like to go back to the days when games could fit on a CD Rom or two, I'm sure we could make that happen:lol:

Back