Rumor: Forza Motorsport 8 is being delayed till 2021

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 200 comments

When do you think Forza Motorsport 8 will launch?

• Still in 2020

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Early 2021

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Late 2021

Votes: 34 35.8%

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Later

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
Germany
Germany
It looks like Forza 8 is being delayed in Favor of Halo being a launch title for Series X

Timecode: 47:37

I'd have to do some digging, but I'm fairly positive it's been shared here that Forza would not be a launch title a while back. Confused as to what Halo has to do with it, though since they're nowhere near competing titles & there has been concerns that the lack of immediate first-party titles could affect the Series X's day-one.

I could see the Covid Quarantine slowing down development causing a delay.
Plus with how much Microsoft has been promoting Dirt 5 with the Series X marketing material it seems they may be using Dirt as the Launch day racing game showcase, with Forza coming later as to not create a conflict of interest between the release of Dirt and Forza.

It's gonna suck if FM8 gets delayed. But with how Halo is getting so much attention, it might be the case. :\ HOWEVER, if it is early 2021, I'd be cool with that! Anyway, this is just a rumor so it should be taken with a grain of salt. I still believe it'll come out in some form this year, so there is still hope of it happening (like a demo to gain feedback or whatever, I dunno).

Bring on the 23rd baby!

I wouldn't be overly disappointed if it was delayed to early next year. No doubt the events of this year will have impacted the production of the game and if they take a bit longer its not the end of the world. Theoretically extra time means a more polished final release also..

I just hope we get some info about the game in a couple of days at the Xbox event. Were that not to happen I'd probably be more disappointed then the rumors of a delay.

There are already a lot of games I want to get before the end of the year and I'm sure Turn 10 is also aware the holiday season this year is already packed full of potential blockbusters so it'll be hard to maximise sales within this period. No hard feelings whatsoever! ;)

I wouldn't be overly disappointed if it was delayed to early next year. No doubt the events of this year will have impacted the production of the game and if they take a bit longer its not the end of the world. Theoretically extra time means a more polished final release also..

I just hope we get some info about the game in a couple of days at the Xbox event. Were that not to happen I'd probably be more disappointed then the rumors of a delay.
agree. A couple of Months delay is not a problem if the game gets better for it.

Idd, I hope they just show us something really promising so that we can look forward to that.

There was a leak I saw recently on reddit which mentioned multiple things about forza 8. One of them was a release in February 2021. Hopefully if its not a launch title, this date will be real

I’d be completely fine with it. The pandemic definitely had an impact on the development so there’s nothing they can do about it.

But the delay also means we’d most likely be getting a better game with more content and less bugs, unlike what FM7 was, so I’m excited!

is being delayed
I dont think it was planed as launch title at all. Spencer already made statement that they dont want to release multiple AAA first party titles. With gamepass they want to keep throwing you new first party games every 3-4 months.

Plus with how much Microsoft has been promoting Dirt 5 with the Series X marketing material it seems they may be using Dirt as the Launch day racing game showcase, with Forza coming later as to not create a conflict of interest between the release of Dirt and Forza.
Could be a thing, especially if they planning to implement offroad in FM8.

I think it should release by fall 2021
I could see two possible scenarios:
1) They announce big expansion for FH4 with release date somewhere in early 2021. FM8 will come fall 2021. FH5 will be nextgen title with release fall 2022(couple years from now).
2) They announce FM8 release date for early 2021. FH5 will be crossgen title.

I'm just hoping that if it is being "delayed", that it feels like a complete and polished game when it does get released.

I hope that they take their time to get it right. If it's not ready on release date, then delay and fix it. FM7 was a buggy pile of manure when it was released and it took T10 a year to get it fixed. But if they are planning on a new FM release every other year, they can't afford delay FM8 too much.

As a PC Forza racer, I'm annoyed that the console dictates when I do and don't get games. I have no need for a XBSX, but I do have need for some more Forza in my life. Don't get me wrong, I am super thankful that Microsoft is now launching 1st party titles on PC, in the first place. Just irked I have to wait for all the new titles due to new hardware I don't need or want.

However, I suppose I can wait a bit longer, especially if that gives T10 more time to polish it up. :)

I heared Horizon would be prioriticed over FM with next gen As it is a lot more interesting as a game and has wider sales demographic..

I heared Horizon would be prioriticed over FM with next gen As it is a lot more interesting as a game and has wider sales demographic..
Most likely, they will stop releasing FM and finally make it game-as-a-service. Sales of FM since FM6 isnt all that impressive, while Horizon became flagship title of Xbox.

.....................and you heard this from who? Mickey Mouse?

I cant recall - but it was in some series X launch title analysis. And it makes perfect sense - FH appeals to a lot wider audience. Pretty sure it wasnt Mickey though..

FM is one from the dying breed of "simcades" like GT Sport - players (sales) are more divided to freeroam horizon, NFS etc. Players and hardcore sim-racers. Even PCars might fall for this as there are better games and better sims available.

Forza Motorsport 7 is not a downgrade, but it also was not a huge leap forward... At times I think it would have been better to expand and upgrade FM6 (Xbox One X enhancement for example, as they did with FH3) and break the 2 year development cycle, which eventually did happen.

FM8 really needs to get the online gameplay correct right off the bat or the series will continue its downfall in the shadow of Horizon. The track limits and leagues were a step in the right direction in 7. As mentioned above, rebooting it as just “Forza Motorsport” and keeping it as an evolving competitive service could be a good direction to go.

Horizon and Motorsport need to be more distinct to justify having both of them exist. Horizon can always use a whole new location to justify a new game. It’s hard to just add some cars and a few tracks and sell it as a brand new Motorsport title.

It looks like they are redoing game from scratch. and it's in the early stages of development. Looks nice though.

Back