Rumor: Forza Motorsport 8 is being delayed till 2021

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 200 comments

When do you think Forza Motorsport 8 will launch?

• Still in 2020

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Early 2021

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Late 2021

Votes: 34 35.8%

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Later

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
In my view, Microsoft don’t takes the Racing genre seriously for next generation. Other I can’t explain me, why there is no new Forza Horizon in any form made public and it seems, the next Forza Motorsport, „reboot“, without details, seems to be still in early development and had problems.
For last generation, they were leader of first party racing games, but now, they fall in deep sleep and that’s a blame. If GT7 will be a got new old chapter, players will move back.

Last edited:
In my view, Microsoft don’t takes the Racing genre seriously for next generation. Other I can’t explain me, why there is no new Forza Horizon in any form made public and it seems, the next Forza Motorsport, „reboot“, without details, seems to be still in early development and had problems.
For last generation, they were leader of first party racing games, but now, they fall in deep sleep and that’s a blame. If GT7 will be a got new old chapter, players will move back.
I really think you're overexaggerating the situation. We essentially know pretty much nothing about either game, and at this point, it's looking more likely that they're going to be out around the same time.

Maybe both companies (Sony, Microsoft) realize that the genre is no longer asked to launch systems? That has been true for some time for Gran Turismo and its famous delays. As for Microsoft, I feel there is no pressure to rush FM or the next Forza Horizon. Other companies will try to fill the void in the meantime.

It's not about MS or Sony. PD are slow as always and T10 probably remade the engine. Fable is another problem. It's very hard to build a good game these days.

I doubt T10 is going to let the car list get under 200. 300-450 cars is what I’m expecting at launch. That’s not including cars included with the season pass or even cars locked behind challenges. Either way, I will be playing this game on the new LG G1 Evo 77 and dipping my feet into the fanatec world. This will be my first time ever using a rig on a Forza Motorsport game, this should be really interesting.

When is the earliest we should be expecting news this year ?

I doubt T10 is going to let the car list get under 200. 300-450 cars is what I’m expecting at launch. That’s not including cars included with the season pass or even cars locked behind challenges. Either way, I will be playing this game on the new LG G1 Evo 77 and dipping my feet into the fanatec world. This will be my first time ever using a rig on a Forza Motorsport game, this should be really interesting.

Microsoft already given public the upcomming games of this year, and no new Forza scheduled for launch, especially the motorsport franchise. What do you await, it was last year still in early development, and with the trouble of pandemic like Poyphony have, theres no realisitc chance to get it this year. I personally expect, there wont be some racing-games this year. F1 2021 will we get, but that was it in my view.

I'd say E3 is the earliest we will officially hear about anything related to the next Forza game.

I wouldn't have my hopes up for news about the Motorsport reboot since Horizon 5 is rumoured to be released this year.

I'd say E3 is the earliest we will officially hear about anything related to the next Forza game.

I wouldn't have my hopes up for news about the Motorsport reboot since Horizon 5 is rumoured to be released this year.
Playground games, as i read, is actually completly busy with Fable. So that would be very unrealistic, that they take the new forza horizon out of the dark. Especially for a launch this year.

Last edited:
Playground games, as i read, is actually completly busy with Fable. So that would be very unrealistic, that they take the new forza horizon out of the dark. Especially for a launch this year.
They have two studios, one for Forza and one for Fable, so I don't think they'd be under capacity.

They have two studios, one for Forza and one for Fable, so I don't think they'd be under capacity.

I would think they would be in the exact same position as EA regarding the drop in productivity. If EA cant get 2 games out this year with their 2 studios, why would Playground games?

In fact ever since the Need for Speed announcement, I have been expecting others to do the same.

I personally expect, there wont be some racing-games this year. F1 2021 will we get, but that was it in my view.
ACC is on the way and it could be the best sim around. DR2 successor should be on the way too. And I think AMS2 could do something with consoles too but probably other studio have to help with it.

I would think they would be in the exact same position as EA regarding the drop in productivity. If EA cant get 2 games out this year with their 2 studios, why would Playground games?
Exactly. Two studios on the paper but it's pretty clear how it is with T10 and PG now.

Microsoft already given public the upcomming games of this year, and no new Forza scheduled for launch, especially the motorsport franchise. What do you await, it was last year still in early development, and with the trouble of pandemic like Poyphony have, theres no realisitc chance to get it this year. I personally expect, there wont be some racing-games this year. F1 2021 will we get, but that was it in my view.

ahh in that case, that makes perfect sense. 2022 sounds more realistic for Forza Motorsport.

That would be fine, It would have been almost a year since the reveal if they shared some news this coming June.

Forza Motorsport has never released info on their games launch up until a couple months before, starting at E3 earliest. What Microsoft has laid out means very little in that regard. That's nothing new.

Never say never until we at least get past the summer - Still, as an aside, within the current climate, it is unlikely for this year I feel.

I do hope all will be revealed this upcoming summer. 2021 seems to be quite dry for the racing genre as far as I can see (other than that Milestone's new Hot Wheel game; kinda excited for that one honestly), so I'm crossing my finger and hoping for the best.

Well 300 to 450 cars is too little to expect. 1,000+ is realistic and very likely for this new Forza. If you consider putting everything from Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4, and possibly some new additions too.

Last edited:
Well 300 to 450 cars is too little to expect. 1,000+ is realistic and very likely for this new Forza.
T10 also mentioned a new technology of making tracks so I am hoping the track count get even bigger........

MOTORCYCLE request fan club member (unofficial)
That variety will be out of this world! 1,000 cars (a mix between road and race cars so one doesn't overlap the other) PLUS a bigger track list with T10's new technology will be heaven. Oh, and let's not forget returning features and stuff from Forza's past. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Well 300 to 450 cars is too little to expect. 1,000+ is realistic and very likely for this new Forza. If you consider putting everything from Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4, and possibly some new additions too.
1000 would be great, but it's not a very realistic expectation. Never has the first new GT or Forza game on a new generation console released with more content than the last one on the previous console. There's no reason to expect that to suddenly change as nice as it would be for it to happen.

Last edited:
Only time will tell, I would be surprised if we get more then 450 cars. If they’re building everything from the ground up in insane meticulous detail, I mean literally EVERYTHING. All cars with incorrect details corrected, textures looking as real as ever and are actually the real textures of the interior just like the cars in real life. Then 400 to 450 sounds realistic. If they perhaps made 800-1000 cars into the game, that would be pretty impressive. If that’s the case, then I don’t see this game coming out in 2021. Maybe March 2022 would be the earliest. I really want them to model each car as real as possible. Each and every car needs to feel unique, It would make the game that much better.

Last edited:
Back