Rumor: Forza Motorsport 8 is being delayed till 2021

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 200 comments

When do you think Forza Motorsport 8 will launch?

• Still in 2020

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Early 2021

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Late 2021

Votes: 34 35.8%

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Later

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
The lack of mentioning a launch on XB1 systems suggests we could see a late 2021/early 2022 launch. Especially tying in to having no XSX-specific exclusives for at least a year.

It's said Forza Motorsport will be a 2021 release title. So for now, that will be the target date for T10 to work on this title (assuming it's holiday 2021, but hoping it's early hehe), which is fine by me! Oh, and offroad is also mentioned in the article as well!
https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/23/...t-will-take-advantage-of-xbox-series-x-power/

I doubt it'll be any later than 2021. This will give T10 plenty of time to get the game done, especially since it's a reboot to the franchise. I also believe this game will be a GaaS, and when you think about it, it all makes so much sense for it to release in 2021! We're rooting for you T10, you got this! :cheers:

Last edited:
The seemingly inevitable de-listing of FH3 made me realize that if they stick to the usual schedule FM7 will be de-listed around this time next year. Considering that would leave no version of the Motorsport franchise available for purchase I wonder if we may see a release date in the May or June timeframe.

Or sooner because 343 studios fumbled the ball with Halo Infinite?

Even if that did happen, we wouldn't know for sure since we were never given a release window to begin with.

I suppose one tell-tale sign of releasing earlier than anticipated would be a notably low amount of content at launch; I strongly doubt Microsoft wants a repeat of the FM5 launch fiasco.

I suppose one tell-tale sign of releasing earlier than anticipated would be a notably low amount of content at launch; I strongly doubt Microsoft wants a repeat of the FM5 launch fiasco.
Was it? I know it was touted as “the fastest-selling racing game in Xbox history” back in 2013.
Didn't we learned from the last few games that Forza games are getting huge updates after release? And if the game truly goes Gaas I would expect less content as FM7 had.

Was it? I know it was touted as “the fastest-selling racing game in Xbox history” back in 2013.
Didn't we learned from the last few games that Forza games are getting huge updates after release? And if the game truly goes Gaas I would expect less content as FM7 had.

I was looking at the launch from an image perspective, a lot of users voiced their displeasure about the lack of content out the box.

It is fair to expect less content overall than FM7, but I figure it isn't going to go back down to the numbers FM5 shipped with in terms of cars and tracks.

Last edited:
How many cars do I really drive in Forza Motorsport/Horizon? Maybe 50 or so... Of course having a great variety to choose from is ideal, but I would be happy with a comparatively low count of say 300 cars at launch (but with FM4 Autovista levels of detail) and then keep them coming like Horizon does.

Watched the trailer in 4k on my TV. it looks really good. A shame to hear that they are early in development.

Not a shame at all. I'd rather they really sit down with this one and take their time. FM7 still has a handful of issues and inconsistencies that were never addressed. They just disregarded those issues to the side like a used tissue paper - "if T10 doesn't feel it's an issue, it's not an issue".

So again, I'd rather they take their sweet time and focus on other areas of Forza than just graphics. The sim/physics aspect and car sounds, for example, better be near-perfect this time - because after 7 games, they have still failed to hit the mark.

How many cars do I really drive in Forza Motorsport/Horizon? Maybe 50 or so... Of course having a great variety to choose from is ideal, but I would be happy with a comparatively low count of say 300 cars at launch (but with FM4 Autovista levels of detail) and then keep them coming like Horizon does.

Yes, I think I suggested this on their forum once - because it makes sense to start low, focus on those cars, get them right - get the individual handling, performance, and audio characteristics right - and then add cars. It's a win-win for everyone. But some hasty gamers just want a lot of cars to toy around with on launch and this kind of quantity over quality mumbo jumbo sells, unfortunately.

I was looking at the launch from an image perspective, a lot of users voiced their displeasure about the lack of content out the box.

It is fair to expect less content overall than FM7, but I figure it isn't going to go back down to the numbers FM5 shipped with in terms of cars and tracks.

A lot of people did the same with GTS when it launched, so it's not even peculiar to the Forza franchise. No matter how reasonable it may be, customers have a visceral reaction to getting less perceived value for their money.

I read an interesting thing a while ago about how many young children will prefer four $5 bills to one $20 bill, because their brains haven't got to the point of grokking value yet but they understand "more is better" just fine. I feel like the response to low content numbers at launch is in much the same basket, tbh.

People want lower car counts... until their favourite car doesn’t make the cut and gets dropped.

I reckon it’s rather selfish to tell someone “I don’t like X car, therefore it should be removed. The fans of it be damned.” Every car is someone’s favourite car, so who are you to tell them they shouldn’t be allowed to drive it?

People want lower car counts... until their favourite car doesn’t make the cut and gets dropped.

I reckon it’s rather selfish to tell someone “I don’t like X car, therefore it should be removed. The fans of it be damned.” Every car is someone’s favourite car, so who are you to tell them they shouldn’t be allowed to drive it?
And that's why cutting down on the car list is highly unreasonable and could be potentially terrifying for many Forza fans. It is indeed, selfish, for everyone who enjoys every kind of car, from everyday cars, sports cars, supercars, race cars, rally cars, SUV's, trucks, as well as the weird and wacky ones.

We don't want a situation like Motorsport 5 again where they did basically that, taking more than a fraction of the cars from Motorsport 4 which made it feel like it had a lack of cars all throughout its lifespan, and wasn't really worth playing.

It's better to predict that this next Forza would have around 950-1,000+ cars, which sounds pretty much possible, where a vast majority of everything from the Xbox One era (along with some older models being restored to modern graphic quality) and newer models as well.

The problem with Motorsport 7 wasn't its graphics or its massive car count, it was its gameplay mechanics and post-launch support, most notably microtransactions, unfitting car divisions as well as violent and chaotic online races, oh and not to mention, the lack of expansions.

If we had the same old massive car list as before (only larger with new cars and restored returning favorites), but with the following that the next Forza really needs, then it would be a much better game than Motorsport 7 if they had these, which would greatly enhance the motorsport experience, namely:
  • Game as a service model (similar to GT Sport, where new cars and tracks are added for free through updates)
  • Off-road and rally racing (much larger amount of rally cars, also means a very large track list too)
  • Clubs, leaderboards, custom public lobbies and skill-based matchmaking
  • Custom championships in Free Play and online
  • Motorsport 7's "experimental drag racing" implemented fully on all drag racing tracks
  • Forza race regulations, on online, career and Free Play
  • Qualifying and practice on online, career and Free Play
  • Animated pit-stops (fast and efficient like in GT Sport)
  • Fully dynamic time of day and weather on all tracks
I have a feeling they're taking the time to polish on all existing models in terms of sounds, physics and compatibility with ray-tracing, and that they have the technology to add cars at a quick rate of time with this similar kind of quality, so a majority of these cars will return, plus new ones will be there (such as the leaked cars throughout Horizon 4 and the future).

Also with the tracks, I'm sure this will have a large track list too, given the possibility of off-road, rally and a lot of returning fictional tracks, besides a lot of real-world tracks.

Don't like a certain car in the game? You don't have to drive it. No one's forcing you to. But this doesn't change the fact that it is very much a part of Forza, whether it be realistic sim-style track racing or open-world racing, the spirit of Forza is all about the love of the almighty automobile itself.

Last edited:

Thats why Forza lost so many generations of previous cars like the first gen gallardo, 599 gtb fiorano, f430, first gen murcielago, lp640 murcielago and various others.

Due to some fans saying we dont need these obsolete cars and get rid of them.

Which is a shame.

Thats why Forza lost so many generations of previous cars like the first gen gallardo, 599 gtb fiorano, f430, first gen murcielago, lp640 murcielago and various others.

Which is a shame.
I know, right? I really miss most of these older Xbox 360-era Forza road and racing cars too, as most of us grew up with them.

Same, especially because they came with less power, so you could have them in a lower class than the modern supercars
Another is that they look more "timeless" than their much newer counterparts. I'd take a first-gen Murcielago any day.

Eh, no, not at all.

The problem is the way you're trying to twist what people say in order to make a counter point. It's actually perfectly fine for someone to say "I don't like a certain car so I wouldn't be bothered if it was not in the game" because all that is is an opinion, and is in no way a demand that someone needs to follow. Maybe you should switch up the way you perceive things, because literally, absolutely no one, no one at all, is saying they aren't allowed to drive it. That's just....odd how you can twist it so terribly.

And that's why cutting down on the car list is highly unreasonable and could be potentially terrifying for many Forza fans. It is indeed, selfish, for everyone who enjoys every kind of car, from everyday cars, sports cars, supercars, race cars, rally cars, SUV's, trucks, as well as the weird and wacky ones.
Lol, no, it's not selfish at all for someone to not be bothered if certain cars get removed. How exactly is that selfish? How is it terrifying? It's laughable the stretch you make.

We don't want a situation like Motorsport 5 again where they did basically that, taking more than a fraction of the cars from Motorsport 4 which made it feel like it had a lack of cars all throughout its lifespan, and wasn't really worth playing.
Stop being over-dramatic. The game was actually worth playing pretty outright. It was a good game that started with low content. Keyword started.

It's better to predict that this next Forza would have around 950-1,000+ cars, which sounds pretty much possible, where a vast majority of everything from the Xbox One era (along with some older models being restored to modern graphic quality) and newer models as well.
Its more optimistic sure, but what makes it better? I think it's better that if they happen to shorten the list, that they can work on other area's that have issues with the vehicles present in the game, and to boost what we lack.

The problem with Motorsport 7 wasn't its graphics or its massive car count, it was its gameplay mechanics and post-launch support, most notably microtransactions, unfitting car divisions as well as violent and chaotic online races, oh and not to mention, the lack of expansions.
What Microtransactions?

I have a feeling they're taking the time to polish on all existing models in terms of sounds, physics and compatibility with ray-tracing, and that they have the technology to add cars at a quick rate of time with this similar kind of quality, so a majority of these cars will return, plus new ones will be there (such as the leaked cars throughout Horizon 4 and the future).
Exactly the hope that a lot of people have when they say they're ok to shorten the car list in favor of that - in addition to more customization options as well, you just keep grossly misconstruing that in order to fit a narrative, so it's funny to see you bring this up. With 1000+ Vehicles that you want, that becomes extremely difficult though.

Don't like a certain car in the game? You don't have to drive it.
Well that's a bit odd to say because the same exact thing can be said to you.

Which is a shame.
That's actually quite hilarious. You think they got rid of cars because fans didn't want them? I'm sure you have a source for that right?

Eh, no, not at all.

The problem is the way you're trying to twist what people say in order to make a counter point. It's actually perfectly fine for someone to say "I don't like a certain car so I wouldn't be bothered if it was not in the game" because all that is is an opinion, and is in no way a demand that someone needs to follow. Maybe you should switch up the way you perceive things, because literally, absolutely no one, no one at all, is saying they aren't allowed to drive it. That's just....odd how you can twist it so terribly.

Lol, no, it's not selfish at all for someone to not be bothered if certain cars get removed. How exactly is that selfish? How is it terrifying? It's laughable the stretch you make.

Stop being over-dramatic. The game was actually worth playing pretty outright. It was a good game that started with low content. Keyword started.

Its more optimistic sure, but what makes it better? I think it's better that if they happen to shorten the list, that they can work on other area's that have issues with the vehicles present in the game, and to boost what we lack.

What Microtransactions?

Exactly the hope that a lot of people have when they say they're ok to shorten the car list in favor of that - in addition to more customization options as well, you just keep grossly misconstruing that in order to fit a narrative, so it's funny to see you bring this up. With 1000+ Vehicles that you want, that becomes extremely difficult though.

Well that's a bit odd to say because the same exact thing can be said to you.

That's actually quite hilarious. You think they got rid of cars because fans didn't want them? I'm sure you have a source for that right?

Check the forza forums then get back to me. I seen so many posts of how certain cars were obsolete no longer needed.

I have been there so I know.

Check the forza forums then get back to me. I seen so many posts of how certain cars were obsolete no longer needed.

I have seen people on Reddit asking why they even bother having slower cars in the game at all if you can get a max upgraded 458 Italia within the first 2 hours of FH3 or FH4. So yeah, there are definitely some people that think base model or older version of cars are redundant or pointless to keep.

I have been there so I know.
Get me a source that actually says that and get back to me - A forum proves literally absolutely nothing. Crazy, didn't know you've been to a forum before.

If it was down to the forums that decide why a car gets removed, than its so odd that we have minivans and the like in the game when everyone apparently hates them.

I don't think anyone wants lower car counts. It's just that a lot of people are sensible enough to see that when there are major upgrades in hardware capability then upgrading all previous generation models to suitable quality at once is going to be unreasonable.

And yeah, any time anything is removed then someone, somewhere is going to be butthurt. But that's not the same as saying "fans of this be damned", when it could just as easily be interpreted as "we're sorry that we can't bring you this content right now, but it didn't make the cut of things that we most wanted to include in our game". As far as I know, almost all of the content from FM4 eventually found it's way back into the XB1 generation games, licensing problems notwithstanding.

I've dealt with that problem and I'll deal with it again if it means Turn 10 improving the quality of the car models for the new hardware and finally fixing the issues with current existing models today still.

----
Let me re-iterate something I've said before. I do not want to lose cars, but I'm willing to take the hit as long as Turn 10 actually revamps their car models properly. There's still car models that don't have all of the good forza vista abilities like being able to see the engine bay for instance. Not to mention the car models that are basically re-textured versions of car models from FM1 *looks at SW20 MR2*.

I've dealt with that problem and I'll deal with it again if it means Turn 10 improving the quality of the car models for the new hardware and finally fixing the issues with current existing models today still.

----
Let me re-iterate something I've said before. I do not want to lose cars, but I'm willing to take the hit as long as Turn 10 actually revamps their car models properly. There's still car models that don't have all of the good forza vista abilities like being able to see the engine bay for instance. Not to mention the car models that are basically re-textured versions of car models from FM1 *looks at SW20 MR2*.

I'll add a few more: S2000, 22B, FD RX-7, R32 GTR, S13, S14, S15, RSX, 288 GTO, 512TR, 246GT, 360CS, F355, F50, 550, Countach, E30, E46, Chevelle, C2 Corvette, C3 Corvette, '69 Charger, 996 GT3. All of these (+ more I'm probably forgetting) I feel are modeled pretty inaccurately, some worse than others, or just sloppily, and have been since FM1. T10 needs to take a deep breath and dump all the old assets.

With Forza Horizon 4 being upgraded for the next gen. system is Forza 8 being held back on purpose. I think that is a possibility. Spreading out like games is understandably. Next gen. launch games is a big deal but if F8 comes out within the launch window it won't be a problem.

It's a hard guess when it will release this go round with a new console, and T10 breaking up the typical 2 year cycle. The first Motorsports were released in May, later years October/November. However, we can have some easter egg fun with the trailer as Microsoft loves easter eggs.

Could the secret be hidden deep in the woods of Laguna Seca?
At the top of a tree, where no writing should be, lies an inscription for all to see...

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (4).png

190/5?
The 190 could represent 190 days. The announcement trailer dropped on 7/23/2020 + 190 days= 1/29/2021 release.

Or...

In the studios lit bright, lies a clipboard that might, show us all the green light?
06/01/2021

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (5).png

Or... The number 23 is plastered throughout the video?

This is obviously all in fun gentlemen and undoubtedly has no relevance to the actual release date, I just look forward to racing it on PC. Hopefully sooner than later.

Last edited:
^ That was indeed fun @Corsa!

I too am hoping we see FM Rebooted soon than later (notably in 2021, early or late). I'm just DYING to see what T10 can do with all that power from the XSX! Same with Horizon 5! Please let it be 2021! *Crosses fingers*

I don't think anyone wants lower car counts.
I'm fine with 200 great cars and an experience built around them, than 800 "good" cars that get lost in the wild. Having 10-15 well-balanced car classes that make multiplayer and esports activities viable will suit me fine.

If that means I don't get a Honda S2000 then so be it.

I would be very disappointed with lower car count. I won't deny it, graphics are important, but there are much more important things that matter to me in a game. I have yet to enjoy any game based on graphics.
I'm fine with 200 great cars and an experience built around them, than 800 "good" cars that get lost in the wild.
What makes a great car? And wouldn't 800 random cars have much grater chances to include those 200 great cars than... 200 random cars?

Last edited:
Back