Rumor: Forza Motorsport 8 is being delayed till 2021

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 200 comments

When do you think Forza Motorsport 8 will launch?

• Still in 2020

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Early 2021

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Late 2021

Votes: 34 35.8%

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Later

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
I would be very disappointed with lower car count. I won't deny it, graphics are important, but there are much more important things that matter to me in a game. I have yet to enjoy any game based on graphics.

What makes a great car? And wouldn't 800 random cars have much grater chances to include those 200 great cars than... 200 random cars?
More cars means less care and attention on each, unless the release date and development time quadruples.

Arbitrarily selecting 200 cars wouldn't be a great way to go about it, but having particular focus on a few categories (GT3, TCR, DTM, BTCC etc.) can go a long way. Horizon always exists for the massive car counts and "car expressionism", but I feel Motorsport should focus on making a game that focuses on competition first and content second (like GT Sport did).

At the moment the PI system does the heavy lifting in an attempt to balance various cars competitively, but it flawed and runaway "leaderboard cars" are a concern. Having a more tailored, focused philosophy can result in greater racing experiences, and combined with some sensible educational and enforcement systems, provide a fair and enjoyable online racing experience.

I just hope the next Forza Motorsport doesn't feel as sterile/joyless as the last one... I wish they go back to a more saturated color pallete and warmer lighting and little touches such as a femenine narrator/more garages/symphonic soundtrack. As for the car content, I'm ok with not going through the car collector route again. As for categories I would be perfectly ok if they invent new ones, as the teaser showed a competition Apollo IE that clearly does not exist in real life.

There are more pressing problems with the Forza series than the car counts. There are dozens of cars that are in Forza 7, a game with an absolute monster of a car list, that are useless. Not because of the "Hurr durr why are there slow cars in my racing game" idiots and not even because of the very real problem of at times horrific balancing, but because they were actively added to the game totally haphazardly, so the game structure and design itself makes then a waste of time and money to bother with. Entire DLC packs were added to the game where you look and say "wow that's neat" and then the only thing you can do with any of the cars in it is farm credits against AI. Even ones that were "usable" in the sense that they had a place in the game structure could be so wildly out of step with the rest of the ones they are grouped with that it comes off as "Turn 10 added this car to this 'class' just so they wouldn't have another that is actually useless." They chop the car list down to 600 or whatever number people want to get up in arms about being too low, but actually put effort into making them fit in the game that they designed? You'd definitely end up with a better game then Forza 7 was.
If nothing else, look at GT. GT5 talked its big game about car counts and it was a disaster at launch, taking a year of steady patches to create a game that actually promoted you using the content it had in it. GT6 came out with another two hundred or whatever cars, and it was even worse than GT5 ever was and never got fixed.

And that's sidestepping the elephant in the room that there is still large amounts of visual inconsistencies in Forza, and maybe going back to the drawing board to an extent would actually finally fix that nagging issue. That's not as big of an issue as above as it's perhaps not as bad now as it was in the Forza 4 days, where you had cars that looked worse than the PS2 cars PD cynically ported to GT5, but it's still there and it still stands out.

Last edited:
Too many cars, and a lot of attention gets lost in the shuffle. Hell, they haven't fixed the dash view in the Lambo Miura in FM7! (There are splits in the textures both above and below where the road shows through.)

If it's going to be a downcount in the way GT2 to GT3 was, then I'm good with that. GT3 got rid of a lot of fluff and redundant cars in order to give us far better models in GT3, since the had more time to focus on the smaller pool. Also, Forza is in a good place that GT never was. They have Horizon. So, they should just focus on track/racing based cars for the Motorsport series, and all the fun, weird, cult favorites, etc can be still displayed in Horizon. So, we don't really lose any cars. We just get them where they should be.

So in other words: Push those who love car collecting in both games to one title and ONE title only, one if which is an arcade racer at that, and turn Forza Motorsport into yet another hardcore, generic racer like all the others because "this is how I feel Forza should be" because too much cars immediately ruins the experience for all. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that's just selfish. I understand Forza needs more race cars because "MOTORSPORT" is suddenly important now (looks at FM4), but to sacrifice the car list just to achieve that? No, absolutely not and therefore I too will be selfish and say Forza Motorsport should keep ALL the cars it has, and continue to expand on it.

You have GT7 that is planning to bring the franchise back to its roots, with ideas of increasing its car list. Forza should continue to do the same.

Period.

Last edited:
Arbitrarily selecting 200 cars wouldn't be a great way to go about it, but having particular focus on a few categories (GT3, TCR, DTM, BTCC etc.) can go a long way. Horizon always exists for the massive car counts and "car expressionism", but I feel Motorsport should focus on making a game that focuses on competition first and content second (like GT Sport did).
Look at 2 possible scenarios. In the first one you have a game with 20 GT3 cars. In second you have 20 GT3 cars and 15 retro hot hatchers. You can drive your favorite GT3 cars in both scenarios. I can't do the same with my favorite RHH.
I still remember the first time I visited Japan. I stopped right next to a R33 Tommy Kaira. A guy from New Zealand that was working nearby came to me and asked if I knew that car. I said: "Yes, from Gran Turismo."
If it's going to be a downcount in the way GT2 to GT3 was, then I'm good with that. GT3 got rid of a lot of fluff and redundant cars in order to give us far better models in GT3
Check again the GT3 car list. Not only you will find 12 Miatas but also k cars, DTM, made up cars, GT1, saloon... The list is terrible class wise, but awesome car culture wise.

Last edited:
So in other words: Push those who love car collecting in both games to one title and ONE title only, one if which is an arcade racer at that, and turn Forza Motorsport into yet another hardcore, generic racer
So having the opinion of consolidating the car list in order to focus on glaring issues that spans the carlist means to turn it into every other game out? Yeah, no. I wouldn't mind it because it'll allow them to focus on things like balancing out customization between all cars, sound issues, modeling issues, as well as being able to balance out the terrible class set up the FM had. If the only difference this game has between others is that it has more cars, that's not really a strong point for the game, anyways.

Sorry, but that's just selfish.
It's selfish? How? That makes absolutely no sense. It's selfish to pretend your opinion is any more valuable than anyone else'.

I understand Forza needs more race cars because "MOTORSPORT" is suddenly important now (looks at FM4), but to sacrifice the car list just to achieve that? No, absolutely not and therefore I too will be selfish and say Forza Motorsport should keep ALL the cars it has, and continue to expand on it.
You're being selfish from the get go, no need to pretend its barely started with this sentence.

You have GT7 that is planning to bring the franchise back to its roots, with ideas of increasing its car list. Forza should continue to do the same
I'm sure every game with cars has a goal of adding more cars to it's franchise. Forza should do what GTS started for GT7, which is crack down on issues with it's carlist and then continue with an abundance of post-release content. Forza tried to do that before, but obviously it wasn't entirely true.

because "this is how I feel Forza should be" because too much cars immediately ruins the experience for all. :rolleyes:
It's ironic that these two points are in the same post.

Check again the GT3 car list. Not only you will find 12 Miatas but also k cars, DTM, made up cars, GT1, saloon... The list is terrible class wise, but awesome car culture wise.
And no matter what, what you said doesn't take away from the point being made at all.

So in other words:
No. Respond to things people actually said. Not made up arguments that you can argue against with rolleyes smilies. This forum has a quote function for a reason.

You have GT7 that is planning to bring the franchise back to its roots, with ideas of increasing its car list. Forza should continue to do the same.

Period.
When PD proves they can overcome a decade of incompetent game design, I'll be more interested in Turn 10 following their lead. As it stands, if sacrificing some of the superfluous car count to get a game that isn't trash in how it is designed like every game that stressed how important the big car count above everything else was, that's something I have no problem with. That Turn 10 put out something as incoherent as 7 suggests to me that them chasing numbers is part of the problem, and that having 30 pickup trucks and minor variations of pickup trucks and ATVs and stuff from whatever the latest movie in theaters when the season pass is announced isn't helping matters.

Last edited:
As long as it was sensibly populated by relevant DLC, I'd have been happier with a smaller, more focused car list like GTS.

Some touring cars, GT3 and 4 level, Le Mans and Prototypes and then renowned production track cars and an interesting gamut of everyday cars. Much better than rolling out rehashed models from the original game because they are aiming for a number on the back of the box.

VXR
As long as it was sensibly populated by relevant DLC, I'd have been happier with a smaller, more focused car list like GTS.

Some touring cars, GT3 and 4 level, Le Mans and Prototypes and then renowned production track cars and an interesting gamut of everyday cars. Much better than rolling out rehashed models from the original game because they are aiming for a number on the back of the box.
The every day cars is what I want them to bring back most at this point, to be honest.

But I was responding to the fluff and redundant part. If he didn't mention it I wouldn't quoted him at all. Maybe.
Oh, so yeah, intentionally ignoring the point he was getting at, that you quoted. Got it 👍

Interesting discussion, this.

If we're comparing the two (in a healthy discussion) I think GT is in the comparatively worse condition. Since GT4, it seems PD have all but forgotten that Gran Turismo should be a game first and foremost and not a playable advertisement for whatever machinations are going through Kazunori's head at the time. Vision GT is a fantastic addition to the franchise but I don't feel like it's focused enough. An entirely fictional car, purposely designed for use in the game should never, ever be without a fully-detailed interior. It just shouldn't — that's only one of my gripes.

To make this shorter so I can get to Forza, my main problem with GT now is that it's no longer Gran Turismo, the game. It's Gran Turismo, the name. I'd appreciate a return to it being a game before anything else.

Now, onto Forza. I've been playing since the original in 2005. While Turn 10 have been better about the game experience for the most part, they're also falling into the same pitfalls. Car count above everything else, no real focused career structure, or even a decent line of sight, i.e. "How do I get this car?" or "I want to beat this race but I can't get past this car that's faster than anything I have starting off". Everything now is all about accessibility and I'll be honest, I don't like it anymore. There's nothing wrong with having to build up your garage with increasingly faster and more powerful cars like you would in the past. Being able to drive a 787B or a Koenigsegg Jesko right off the bat because I pre-ordered removes all incentive and inkling of a challenge. Stop doing this, please.

You want to turn car enthusiasts into gamers and vice-versa? Then the way I'd do is giving them a proper appreciation of what they're chasing. You see that Mercedes W11 F1 car? You can only obtain that by finishing first in the 2H Mugello Endurance race. I know exactly what I have to do, but the challenge until that point is getting there and using the car I've built up to get the job done. Forza was actually pretty good about this until around, oddly enough, Forza 4 (both it and GT have this in common, it seems) where everything started falling into the category of "You're a working class person who barely has 2 hours to ever play a game, here's one (or two) of 20 of the fastest cars in the game. Have fun!"

Seriously, people are okay with sacrificing cars for the next Forza? Really? I would have to argue with a firm objection against excuses such as "qUaLiTy oVeR qUaNtItY" and/or "LeAvE tHeSe cArS iN HoRiZoN, wE dOn'T nEeD tHeM iN MoToRsPoRt", or anything similar to either of the two. Believe me when I say it, if Turn Ten really does this, we will have another game similar to Motorsport 5, or worse, something like the Project CARS series. GT Sport also did exactly this and was well, not very well met by die-hard fans and critics alike, but was soon alleviated by the addition of new content, however, is still not enough.

Forza is one of my all-time favorite racing game franchises (second to only WipEout) and I wouldn't want to see another drastic reduction in cars again.

I will literally have to beat this dead horse over again and repeat myself like a broken record just to really prove a point:

First of all, all the cars in Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 are built and rendered on the same graphics engine with 4K graphics in mind and have fully-modeled interiors. In terms of graphics quality, they are nearly the same and are future-proof as the Xbox One X (which the games are built for anyway) and modern Windows 10 PCs are the foundations of the Xbox Series X/S. Efforts are being made to restore older cars from even the Xbox 360 era to accommodate this type of graphics and modeling quality, even more so with ray-tracing.

Sure, the current sounds suck, but leave it to Turn Ten to sort that out with possible new methods and technology that will help in improving the sounds. The Xbox Series X/S is new technology, so maybe we can hear new audio design (much like the transition from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One era). After all, Turn Ten does have innovative ideas and a large manpower so it's best they use that to their advantage. After all, Chris Esaki did say once in a Forza monthly stream that Turn Ten have developed new technology to produce cars and tracks at a consistent quality at such a quick rate of time.

Second of which, Forza, especially Motorsport isn't such without its automotive diversity. Motorsport and Horizon are racing games first, then either simulation or arcade second, and that we should always remember to have fun. The cars, with road, racing, off-road and wacky ones, gave Forza its identity and if a large percentage would be slashed, fans will wonder where their favorite car is if it's not in the game, be it a specific model (especially the older variants of a certain car, like for example, the 2005 Murcielago and 2007 Murcielago LP 640, gone) or an entire group and/or archetype of certain cars.

This exactly happened to almost everyone who played Motorsport 5, where the game was slammed for a lack of content. Every car has their own set of fans, and like I always say, the spirit of Forza is all about the powerful love of the almighty automobile, no matter how focused or strange the car is, as any car, regardless, can be raced for as long as you really have the guts to race it. Which is why even with the larger focus on motorsport-inspired game modes and mechanics, the car collection aspect should stay. Another is that one-make racing should also be a thing in Forza to really make use of the odd-ball cars if they would naturally, have no suitable rivals.

Third, Motorsport games in Forza is synonymous with simulation. Besides being able to collect, customize and race the cars (as well as improving on the aspects of motorsports portrayed in the game), every car deserves to be portrayed in a realistic fashion. The newly-redesigned physics and new tech on the console/engine would allow for new possibilities, such as being able to simulate cars that require more complex physics systems (e.g. those with torque vectoring, four-wheel steering, DRS/KERS/overtaking systems, and even cars with more or less than four wheels, such as either the Hennessey Velociraptor or even as bizarre as the Peel P50). The possibilities are even endless if Turn Ten really plan out their post-launch support well enough to accommodate them in new career events to reflect on them.

Lastly, if Turn Ten really has reasons to cut down on cars, it will be through licensing as that can be their biggest problems. But overall, we can achieve everything we want in the next Forza without sacrificing any cars, and just by keeping its massive car list and expanding on it. Why would Turn Ten waste time on rebuilding older cars just as much as they are adding newer ones (as seen on the leaked car list for Horizon 4) if they would give up on these cars anyway? Would have been potential thrown out of the window.

After all, Chris Esaki did say in the reveal of the game that he is taking everything that made Forza great over the years (which I'm sure also includes the cars), and that he hopes to bring fans, new and old together and that a lot of people will love this game. I sure hope he's right.

Last edited:
Seriously, people are okay with sacrificing cars for the next Forza? Really?

I wasn't at first, but now? If it means a more complete package, I'm more than OK with it.

I would have to argue with a firm objection against excuses such as "qUaLiTy oVeR qUaNtItY"

Except it's more quantity over quality right now. Hence, the suggested reboot. You don't reboot an IP unless you've either hit a brick wall, or there's nowhere else to take that IP. Seeing as the latter doesn't apply to racing games, I'll bet on it being the former, if anything.

and/or "LeAvE tHeSe cArS iN HoRiZoN, wE dOn'T nEeD tHeM iN MoToRsPoRt"

Quirky cars are great. They're not so great when there's nothing to do with them and they're just...there, taking up space.

To make this shorter so I can get to Forza, my main problem with GT now is that it's no longer Gran Turismo, the game. It's Gran Turismo, the name. I'd appreciate a return to it being a game before anything else.

Lets be real, GT as a series has always been about Kaz's deluded visions of grandeur for a racing game, but he certainly had to work in order to make those a reality, and as a result, GT's 1 through 4 (though in my opinion, 2 and 4 actually are probably the better games because they can leverage higher car counts with more content and make it a more complete experience) are still fun to play, even today. It's once GT5 comes around, and the long and protracted development cycle, coupled with Kaz becoming the biggest Japanese figurehead for a division that has increasingly been propped up by Western studios, where the belief that GT should be elevated above a video game and somehow be a virtual museum to the car and the socio-political elements of that while also giving the middle finger to anyone that isn't interested in a game mostly being online based in order to make a console equivalent to iRacing comes from.

no real focused career structure, or even a decent line of sight, i.e. "How do I get this car?" or "I want to beat this race but I can't get past this car that's faster than anything I have starting off".

Honestly, I think this is definitely the biggest problem with Forza as a whole, franchise wise (Maybe Horizon more so then Motorsport in my opinion) is that there is no sense of scalability. No sense of working towards something. And to be honest, I get that idea of giving people instant action right away, and making it easier - to be honest, I find myself more interested in being able to hop in and have fun, whether that be playing a few matches of Warzone in Modern Warfare in the evening time, or playing Animal Crossing before going to bed. But with a racing game, especially an on track one like GT and Forza are, you need to have a sort of beginning point, and then broaden it as a person goes through the divisions until they reach the hypercars and LMP cars.

But really, I feel myself growing increasingly disinterested with track racers as a whole, because so much of the genre (mainly from a very loud minority who feel the need to get a return on investment from their expensive sim racing equipment and lord it as a status symbol) is focused on realism where there still absolutely is a market for more laid back, arcade racers, though certainly what people want is really only able to be built by AAA companies - indie developers have tried, but they simply don't have the resources or firepower needed. Even if Forza Motorsport returned to a more focused career structure, I kind of doubt I'd be interested in it.

Seriously, people are okay with sacrificing cars for the next Forza? Really?

As mentioned, you had it explained to you why this might be a good idea. If it means making a more cohesive *game*, and not just simply a toy box where the actual racing varies wildly, and the biggest feature is counting the amount of cars that spend time in the garage collecting dust, then so be it.

Frankly, maybe you and Toko should sit on the sidelines for this one considering that both of you seem to have an aversion to (actual) criticisms with the Forza series, both in Horizon and Motorsport, from people who actually have played the games, and simply aren't using bad faith arguments to start GT/Forza fanwars on either forum.

Third, Motorsport games in Forza is synonymous with simulation.

Insanely debatable considering that Forza has never been a final word on simulation for any of the games, even when GT and Forza were battling together and the gaming press saw these games as sims. They aren't - they really are simcade games, the very definition of the term. Easy enough to get into, and possess a deeper understanding of vehicle physics then most arcade racers, but they certainly aren't sim games.

Last edited:
So having the opinion of consolidating the car list in order to focus on glaring issues that spans the carlist means to turn it into every other game out? Yeah, no. I wouldn't mind it because it'll allow them to focus on things like balancing out customization between all cars, sound issues, modeling issues, as well as being able to balance out the terrible class set up the FM had. If the only difference this game has between others is that it has more cars, that's not really a strong point for the game, anyways.
I can certainly understand fixing the issues that pledged the series up to this point. What I don't understand is throwing away something I've long since enjoyed since GT2, and that's Car Collecting, period.

It's selfish? How? That makes absolutely no sense. It's selfish to pretend your opinion is any more valuable than anyone else'.
Guess what? I'm not pretending anything. So don't go thinking I am. When you say most of the cars should stay in Horizon for car collecting purposes, and Forza Motorsport should mostly have racecars (which I could understand, it really does need it) but less road cars, that sounds pretty selfish to me. You're literally pushing those like me away to only Horizon so you can have Forza Motorsport all to yourself, forgetting that one is arcade and the other is a sim. How is that fair?

Oh, and also. I never once saw my opinion being more valuable than anyone else's. After all, it is an opinion, so think again.

You're being selfish from the get go, no need to pretend its barely started with this sentence.
And I'll continue to be selfish if you're going to be selfish too. Simple as that.

I'm sure every game with cars has a goal of adding more cars to it's franchise. Forza should do what GTS started for GT7, which is crack down on issues with it's carlist and then continue with an abundance of post-release content. Forza tried to do that before, but obviously it wasn't entirely true.
Uhh, no, that's not how it started. The only issue I saw with GT's carlist was the standard cars. No more than that. There is no reason for GTS to exist if that was the case. I am struggling to see your point on this matter, cause it's really not getting to me.

I could understand post-launch content. But guess what? GTS barely had any race cars, most of which were road cars. Yeah, let's indeed do that. :mischievous:

It's ironic that these two points are in the same post.
And it's even more ironic that you're pointing it out. Why?

And no matter what, what you said doesn't take away from the point being made at all.
I never said it did, did I? All I said was I rather keep the cars Forza has built upon and expand on it, over pleasing people who just wants to cut it because. Than what was the point of T10 and PG building all these cars for years then? To throw it all away again? Really? So we're going back to the FM5 route, the SAME game that was criticized for its car list and content over FM4. People really seem to forget about that a lot of the time. Hilarious...

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we as a community say. The cycle of having the biggest car list will continue to thrive in both GT and Forza anyway. So it really doesn't matter what all of us say. ;)

Oh, and ask for you @Silver Arrows. I've been playing Forza ever since it came out back in 2005 alongwith Gran Turismo during the time. I'm allowed to say my piece in the arguement.

Last edited:
I can certainly understand fixing the issues that pledged the series up to this point. What I don't understand is throwing away something I've long since enjoyed since GT2, and that's Car Collecting, period.

Car collecting is fine if you enjoy it, but it cannot be the sole selling point of a racing game anymore, especially when the problems with Forza Motorsport specifically are legion by this point, and haven't been addressed until now, and we don't even know to what extent they're being addressed, just some boiler plate PR speak from months prior. It was fine in 1999, hell it was fine in 2005, but now? It cannot be your trump card. It's been shown why chasing numbers is a bad thing for the game.

Honestly, it doesn't matter what we as a community say.

This is legitimately hilarious considering that GT Sport bolted on an ersatz and poorly thought out single player suite when fans (rightfully) pointed out that making an online only game, in essence, and giving the middle finger to people who aren't interested in a console iRacing clone with fancy FIA partnerships was a bad idea, and had that confirmed when GT Sport was being sold for a budget price months after release, and only really started to come around once free updates rounded out the margins, and even then still doesn't fix the problems that persist in GT and have persisted since GT5, arguably.

And it seems like Turn 10 are getting the same idea, considering they are actively listening to what the community says and wants - they just need to parse through so much noise considering what ails the Forza series is ultimately a fork in the road that they either need to fix, or continue believing can be patched over with a larger car list, like you are suggesting. To say the community doesn't matter is an absolute fallacy, and you know it.

Oh, and ask for you @Silver Arrows. I've been playing Forza ever since it came out back in 2005 alongwith Gran Turismo during the time. I'm allowed to say my piece in the arguement.

Come on, so have the vast majority of us in this forum. This isn't the royal flush you think it is, especially when your arguments more or less are 'I think things are fine and people who want any change, even though Turn 10 are listening and people are bringing up good points, are selfish' especially when one considers the rut Forza is in.

If you like car collecting and Forza as a whole, fine, I get that. Forza, considering this forum's place as a GT forum first and foremost, is always going to have bad faith arguments from people looking to start fan wars. Defending the series is fine. Yet when people who actually have played the games in any significant capacity enough to post on this end of the forum are suggesting actual things to do in order to fix the franchise, and having insightful discussions about what Turn 10 actually need to do to make Forza better, even if that means trimming the car list and making things more focused on motorsports while still presenting the gameplay loop that makes Forza as a series viable, they're 'selfish' in your mind? Come on.

Last edited:
Reducing the count of useless cars makes sense unless you actually give me something to do with them. If they can’t be upgraded to be competitive in a class, or are meant for off-roading while there are only tarmac races, why bother?

We have to remember that FM5 also reduced the track count along with the car count. I think most people would rather sacrifice some cars in exchange for more tracks and more thoroughly fleshed out differences in sounds/handling of the cars

I think some people are getting "being fine with a smaller car list if it means overall quality improves" with "I want them to cut cars just for the hell of it".

The franchise is 15 years old and has had 11 main titles, yet the customizing and tuning options are mostly the same as they were in the first game*. If having a smaller car list list means I have options besides what I've been stuck with for the last 15 years along with some consistency in the car modeling and sounds than sign me up!

Now, having said that, if they do continue doing things the way they have where most cars just get the generic Forza aero parts and inconsistent model quality than yes, I will be mad if they cut cars.

*Yes, they've added some things, but nothing that really pushes the game to the next level in those areas. I would love to see them add manufacturer's for parts, with their own strengths and weaknesses along with more aero options for every car plus a revamp of the livery system including a decal uploader like GTSport has.

I think some people are getting "being fine with a smaller car list if it means overall quality improves" with "I want them to cut cars just for the hell of it".

The franchise is 15 years old and has had 11 main titles, yet the customizing and tuning options are mostly the same as they were in the first game*. If having a smaller car list list means I have options besides what I've been stuck with for the last 15 years along with some consistency in the car modeling and sounds than sign me up!

Now, having said that, if they do continue doing things the way they have where most cars just get the generic Forza aero parts and inconsistent model quality than yes, I will be mad if they cut cars.

*Yes, they've added some things, but nothing that really pushes the game to the next level in those areas. I would love to see them add manufacturer's for parts, with their own strengths and weaknesses along with more aero options for every car plus a revamp of the livery system including a decal uploader like GTSport has.
I agree.

I'd like to think of it in terms of open world games. The game with a 'smaller' world, but all buildings can be explored would likely be appreciated more than the game with a large world with a ton of open space and generic or repetitive landscapes.

The attention of detail is why I LOVE Project Cars 2 so much despite the lack of cars.

I'm ok with the cut content for improved quality thinking. The problem I have start when someone want to push the quality to the point when you could admire the bolts on brake calipers from 2 mm afar.
There's no doubt that the next gen consoles will be able to handle 800 cars with better details than the previous gen. So one should expect better quality anyway. But apparently it's not enough.
I would rather they focused more attention on physics, handling and game modes than ultra detailed cars.

Last edited:
The answer is literally within the sentence you wrote. It'll be hard to do it with such a massive list of vehicles, and if they keep them in side by side with vehicles that are obviously going to be inferior in other ways it's just not sitting well - Exactly like GTS is doing. Stop saying period as if it's the final saying on the matter, you don't get to decide where that starts or stops.

Also, even with the suggestions people are making, and the opinions that are being pointed out, you'd still literally be able to car collect. You're arguing a moot point.

Guess what? I'm not pretending anything.
Yes you are.

When you say most of the cars should stay in Horizon for car collecting purposes, and Forza Motorsport should mostly have racecars (which I could understand, it really does need it) but less road cars, that sounds pretty selfish to me. You're literally pushing those like me away to only Horizon so you can have Forza Motorsport all to yourself, forgetting that one is arcade and the other is a sim. How is that fair?
What? You should try responding to things people actually said if you're actually going to quote them. Ridiculous.

Oh, and also. I never once saw my opinion being more valuable than anyone else's. After all, it is an opinion, so think again.
No, you didn't. It's how it comes when you start you argument with conclusions. You're the only one doing this, as if what everyone else said was wrong.

And I'll continue to be selfish if you're going to be selfish too. Simple as that.
What am I actually being selfish about, please point that out. I'll wait. You're blind to your own doings and apply things to people that aren't doing any of it. You're quite honestly projecting at this point.

And it's even more ironic that you're pointing it out. Why?
It seems you don't know what ironic means. Here I'll spell it out for you - It's ironic because you're pretending that what people are saying are definitive statement and that it's the only way when it's not, then you end your very own points as if it's the end all to the argument.

Now, point out what was ironic about mine. Again, I'll wait. Looking forward to what you say here because its fairly obvious, going off what you wrote, that you're not entirely sure what that word means.

Uhh, no, that's not how it started. The only issue I saw with GT's carlist was the standard cars. No more than that. There is no reason for GTS to exist if that was the case. I am struggling to see your point on this matter, cause it's really not getting to me.

I could understand post-launch content. But guess what? GTS barely had any race cars, most of which were road cars. Yeah, let's indeed do that. :mischievous:
That's not how what started? You're struggling to see any point, for that matter so that's not surprising. I'm not sure why you keep mentioning race cars to me.

I never said it did, did I? All I said was I rather keep the cars Forza has built upon and expand on it, over pleasing people who just wants to cut it because. Than what was the point of T10 and PG building all these cars for years then? To throw it all away again? Really? So we're going back to the FM5 route, the SAME game that was criticized for its car list and content over FM4. People really seem to forget about that a lot of the time. Hilarious...
You're literally replying to a point that was specifically towards a different member, about exactly what they wrote, not what you wrote. How did you mix up this post so bad? First you say I'm forcing race cars when I said nothing of the such, now you're applying what I wrote specifically for someone else, to yourself. Wow :lol:.

I'm ok with the cut content for improved quality thinking. The problem I have start when someone want to push the quality to the point when you could admire the bolts on brake calipers from 2 mm afar.
There's no doubt that the next gen consoles will be able to handle 800 cars with better details than the previous gen. So one should expect better quality anyway. But apparently it's not enough.
I would rather they focused more attention on physics, handling and game modes than ultra detailed cars.
So then you're arguing a point no one is really even making. No one is asking for the edges of a bolt and washer to be perfectly modeled and symmetrical. The person that works on the vehicles is not going to be the same person that workds on physics, so really you're worrying for no reason at all

Last edited:
So then you're arguing a point no one is really even making. No one is asking for the edges of a bolt and washer to be perfectly modeled and symmetrical. The person that works on the vehicles is not going to be the same person that workds on physics, so really you're worrying for no reason at all
Yes, I exaggerated on purpose. I'm not worried about the person that works on graphics not being able to work on physics. I'm worried about some features being toned down because focusing on car models alone. Like dinamic time and weather, weather effects or sense of speed...
Edit: I'm also worried about losing my favorite cars.

Last edited:
I want to re-iterate what Terronium said considering it's really the crux of this discussion as a whole:

Now, onto Forza. I've been playing since the original in 2005. While Turn 10 have been better about the game experience for the most part, they're also falling into the same pitfalls. Car count above everything else, no real focused career structure, or even a decent line of sight, i.e. "How do I get this car?" or "I want to beat this race but I can't get past this car that's faster than anything I have starting off". Everything now is all about accessibility and I'll be honest, I don't like it anymore. There's nothing wrong with having to build up your garage with increasingly faster and more powerful cars like you would in the past. Being able to drive a 787B or a Koenigsegg Jesko right off the bat because I pre-ordered removes all incentive and inkling of a challenge. Stop doing this, please.

I agree with the assertion that both series are in a rough place - though I'm more of the opinion that T10 is in the worse off place then GT, but that's really splitting hairs by this point, both series need to figure out what needs to be fixed, GT's is more design philosophy (especially in the single player department which PD is going all out in, it remains to be seen if they will actually fix what ails the series in that regard) and Forza is more everything else.

I'm also worried about losing my favorite cars.

I'll pose this question to you then - if losing your favorite cars meant having a better game, both in terms of single player content, an actual scope, and remodeling of Xbox era vehicles and a total rework of engine sounds, would you take it?

I know I would, and so would 95% of this forum.

Back