Rumor: Forza Motorsport 8 is being delayed till 2021

• Thread starter TheOE
  • 200 comments

When do you think Forza Motorsport 8 will launch?

• Still in 2020

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Early 2021

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Late 2021

Votes: 34 35.8%

Votes: 25 26.3%
  • Later

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
What's at stake is you being rude and becoming immature. Desperate for attention is how I see this post now.

...says the guy who's so obviously unwilling to see people's legitimate and detailed criticisms that he will make up arguments whole cloth to roll eyes at.

Why do you care, if you don't like car collecting?

Then why the hell are we having this discussion? Once again, 300 cars isn't anything to scoff at. 500 certainly isn't. In comparison with Forza 7, yeah it's small. But once more, GT Sport is on the lower end of 300 cars (336, per Kudosprime). A big car list means nothing if they just sit in a garage collecting dust because there is no point in using them - GT Sport has the same problem where a good chunk of the N class road cars mean squat because they are rarely used in Daily and Sport mode races, AKA the mode that the game expects you to play most often. Turn 10 has the ability and the desire to change things, yet you seem to think everything is hunky dory, when things aren't.

If Turn 10 were smart, they could absolutely leverage a smaller car list with a more intimate car collecting experience - cars mean more because you grow alongside them. They get more use in events, and people can feel like they have a growing collection that actually has meaning. Thus, everyone wins. That's yet another problem the Forza series as a whole has - so many cars and yet maybe less then a percent of those cars see any major use because the game throws so many cars at you that it cheapens the experience.

What's at stake is you being rude and becoming immature. Desperate for attention is how I see this post now. 👎
And what I see is someone who is wholly incapable of arguing his points without acting as if any pushback is something to be dismissed out of hand or ignored. Someone who frames opposing viewpoints as "selfish" without actually acknowledging what they were in the first place. Someone who ignored an entire page of what people were saying in favor of making up an argument about how they wanted the main series to be some hardcore sim and to have anyone who wanted lots of cars to piss off to Horizon instead. Someone who keeps making faulty statements, but then acting as if saying "period" at the end of them makes them tautologies. Someone who peppers his posts about how much of a real car enthusiast he is (as opposed to anyone arguing against him) for wanting all the cars and more from a previous game. Someone who framed his post around the idea that he's been playing Forza games for a long time, so his opinion is more valid than those that he isn't actually bothering to debate. Someone who loudly states "none of this discussion matters lol I don't see why we're even bothering" after he already wrote a long winded post asserting his point. Someone who is using this grandstanding "I don't want to get banned" proclamation as an excuse to ignore everything said to him so far, but still get the last word in as if he is the first person on the internet to think of such an amazing tactic.

You're not slick. You've been on this forum nearly 10 years. You should try doing things that weren't obvious 5 years before you even joined if you want to make a big deal about how not worth your time people talking to you on a forum is.

If none of you can't accept that, than that is your problem, not mines.
Why is it our problem when you're the one having a conniption when people say something as benign as "I don't have an issue with the car list being cut down if it can lead to improvements with the cars still present"? As it stands everything you've said on the topic just comes off like those ridiculous threads in the run up to GT6; where people were acting like if even one Standard car was removed because of people complaining about them their ability to make cruise lobbies would be destroyed.

Why do you care, if you don't like car collecting?
Because he's trying to directly engage whatever point you think you're making when you have so far completely ignored when people had pointed it out to you as part of a larger rebuttal. You should try it.

Last edited:
@Tornado. I've known you ever since I've joined this forum back in 2011, and everything you twist and blow at me isn't going to effect me in anyway.

And yes, I've been playing Forza even back to the very first game in 2005 when I was a massive GT fanboy BEFORE I joined this forum back in 2011. I had GT4 the same year I think, and never once (or insinuate in your language) said my opinions were more valid than others who have been playing Forza. I wouldn't be over here if I haven't. So for you to straight up act like I haven't just shows how low key you can get sometimes in desperation of winning these discussions/arguments. 👎

You can drag on all you want, but I'm mature enough to walk away if need be.

Last edited:
And yes, I've been playing Forza even back to the very first game in 2005

So has everyone else in this forum, this isn't a high bar to clear when the Forza series is still young enough that the vast majority of users who frequent this forum were actually alive to see the franchise be birthed.

So for you to straight up act like I haven't just shows how low key you can get sometimes in desperation of winning these discussions/arguments.

Flashback to two pages prior...

So in other words: Push those who love car collecting in both games to one title and ONE title only, one if which is an arcade racer at that, and turn Forza Motorsport into yet another hardcore, generic racer like all the others because "this is how I feel Forza should be" because too much cars immediately ruins the experience for all. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but that's just selfish. I understand Forza needs more race cars because "MOTORSPORT" is suddenly important now (looks at FM4), but to sacrifice the car list just to achieve that? No, absolutely not and therefore I too will be selfish and say Forza Motorsport should keep ALL the cars it has, and continue to expand on it.

We want to know why trimming the car list down and focusing the game when the series desperately needs it (in all aspects, but especially gameplay loops) is considered selfish to you, especially when it has been evident for the past two games now that Turn 10 has avoided fixing the problems with Forza Motorsport's gameplay to chase the dragon of a thousand cars. This is all that has been asked of you, and all you have done is deflect, avoid the question, and act condescending and haughty when you've been pushed to explain.

Evidently not, if you're unable to even answer questions without trying to act condescending!

@Tornado. I've known you ever since I've joined this forum back in 2011, and everything you twist and blow at me isn't going to effect me in anyway.
There's really nothing twisted there. That's exactly what you're doing here, it's fairly obvious. Your points got refuted and you decided to ignore it and then pretend to act like your the "better man" by saying things like this multiple times:
But then not actually even following through.

It's not really surprising seeing as you literally made up things I never even said in the first place and then once it was pointed out, you basically used some outlandish excuse as to why you're not going to reply.

in desperation of winning these discussions/arguments. 👎
Ironic.

If you're not going to even attempt to discuss the points you introduced yourself too, I would suggest just stopping. I guess you not wanting to respond because "I don't wan't to get banned" was just a facade?

Last edited:
^ Actually, the "twist" part was actually for a pun because his name is "Tornado" and yeah... Just wanted to say that to avoid any confusion.

Last edited:
Can I just say, no one will be banned for engaging in a heated conversation. You all know what the limits are and I've yet to see anyone come anywhere close to that line.

There's a stark contrast between "GT and/or Forza sucks! [Insert game here] for life!" and "GT and/or Forza are in a bad place, in my opinion... [insert explanation here]."

Last edited:
Can I just say, no one will be banned for engaging in a heated conversation. You all know what the limits are and I've yet to see anyone come anywhere close to that line.

There's a stark contrast between "GT and/or Forza sucks! [Insert game here] for life!" and "GT and/or Forza are in a bad place, in my opinion... [insert explanation here]."
That's good to know T12. 👍 Although I'm not going participate in this conversation anymore, as I already admitted that I will accept whatever T10 does with the car list in FM Rebooted. Hope that can clear things up and we can all move on with our lives. 👍

Last edited:
That's good to know T12, noted. 👍 Although I'm not going participate in this conversation anymore, as I already admitted that I will accept whatever T10 does with the car list in FM Rebooted. Hope that can clear things up and we can all move on with our lives. 👍
You really didn't clear anything up, or respond to anything actually said, but sure.

Either way, unless things are changed this time around, I'll likely not "accept whatever T10 does" because this series has just gotten more stale with each release - and more cars has not even come close to making it more enjoyable. I'm wondering if just sitting by and giving everything a free pass is why we see series' getting to this point.

And yes, I've been playing Forza even back to the very first game in 2005 when I was a massive GT fanboy BEFORE I joined this forum back in 2011.
No, I'm pretty sure that time extended well past that point, because I'm quite sure that I commented at one point on how one day you decided to flip a switch and act like everything about GT was trash but that didn't make the way you argued points any better. I indeed tried to find it yesterday, but the search function on this forum is so terrible now that I gave up. C'est la vie.

and never once (or insinuate in your language) said my opinions were more valid than others who have been playing Forza
You've made that exact implication in this discussion alone several times. It's been the hanging narrative tying every one of your posts on the subject together when they are challenged. There's no other reason to note how much of a car enthusiast you are, as if other people on a forum about a racing video game franchise somehow aren't. There's no other reason to bring up how long you've been playing Forza games, as if Forza as a series was anything particularly unique in the genre where that perspective changes anything. There's no other reason to dismiss viewpoints as just being selfish, particularly when you displayed nearly no ability to actually respond to what the actual original opinions were.

So for you to straight up act like I haven't just shows how low key you can get sometimes in desperation of winning these discussions/arguments. 👎
Yawn.

I laid out my case to you several times (as did others), and you didn't respond to any of it; even when I was clarifying something you said you didn't understand from someone else. The closest you came to responding to anything was implying that you are so incapable to discussing the matter that you're afraid to get banned if you even try. I think I'm good, personally.

Evidently not mature enough to actually respond to the things said to you while getting the last word in, though.

Last edited:
Fm3 and fm4 were peak forza motorsport.

No crappy gimmicks just good old racing and car collecting.

Along with the awesome music and content the game was elegant and classy unlike Forza 7.

Forza 7 in my opinion worat of the series. In fact Xbox one era was worst era for the Forza Motorsport series not to mention how they horizonified the series adding useless cars like limosines and more suvs also hoonigan and hot wheels crap honestly I can say forza 6 was the good one of the bunch while forza 5 and 7 were disappointing not to say Forza 7 is a bad game its not but really it has lots of problems and feels like a rushed game and the same old formula. Also compare the post release support with Horizon 4.

Forza 3 and 4 you had to at least put effort into your racing.

Whats with the dress ups too that breaks the immersion of the game.

Us Motorsport fans have to now admit motorsport is getting kicked aside Horizon. I mean who asked for T10 to sign a deal with fast and furious??

Forza 7 is not classy and has a hidden limit of the number of setups you can save. It is also har to browse setups, as you can't filter the setups for the cars you're interested. In fact, unfortunately, Horizon is now dominating the series, certainly due to the profits involved. But I like the leagues and like the easy access to online setups, quite similar like it was in Forza 2. I hope in Forza 8 they try to keep a little far from Horizon and more close to the good old times, while still delivering interesting new features.

In fact Xbox one era was worst era for the Forza Motorsport series not to mention how they horizonified the series adding useless cars like limosines and more suvs also hoonigan and hot wheels crap
So it's bad because you didn't like the cars they put in? You really haven't explained anything outside of that.

the same old formula.
The same old formula has been used since the very first Forza. It didn't just happen with 7.

I don't get this. I'm not putting any more effort into racing now than I did back then.

Us Motorsport fans have to now admit motorsport is getting kicked aside Horizon. I mean who asked for T10 to sign a deal with fast and furious??
You're surprised that a game that is aimed to cover as big an audience as possible is more popular than one that is based on track-based racing? So the inclusion of one car pack is so damning enough that you had to make a point about it? Would I like something else in the game besides that? Sure, but I'm not going to pretend I'm entitled enough to get upset that cars I dont like are in the game and cars that I do like aren't.

This game has really never even been about proper motorsports from the get go, so I'm not sure why people are going to try to grasp for that now. I would prefer that it doesn't just turn into a purely motorsport focused title.

...I don't see what else is different from Forza 7 to Forza 3/4. Which is the problem. You cannot expect car collecting to be your primary gameplay loop.

In fact Xbox one era was worst era for the Forza Motorsport series not to mention how they horizonified the series adding useless cars like limosines and more suvs also hoonigan and hot wheels crap

Because Forza 4 was any different with its SUV's and crapbox cars who's only use was for car soccer.

...again, not much different from Forza 7 in my eyes. Which is the problem. Plus, this makes absolutely no sense in a vacuum. What does 'effort' mean in the context of a racing game?

You're surprised that a game that is aimed to cover as big an audience as possible is more popular than one that is based on track-based racing?

That's the hilarious part. Of course Horizon is the more popular series, that is what happens when you create a game that appeals to everyone and is well made enough. (Though as I have mentioned, many of the same problems plaguing Motorsport will invariably effect Horizon considering how shared development is between the two games, though sometimes in very different contexts.) That in of itself isn't the problem, which is the tone I get from the quoted post, which dredged up a nearly 4 month old thread that admittedly had a very good debate stonewalled by bad faith actors who don't want Forza Motorsport to change, to complain about the series in a way that doesn't even really make much sense in the context of this thread for no other reason then they could.

This game has really never even been about proper motorsports from the get go, so I'm not sure why people are going to try to grasp for that now. I would prefer that it doesn't just turn into a purely motorsport focused title.

Exactly. People want a 'proper motorsports title' are deluding themselves, especially when the market is already so saturated. By this point, if you really want that type of sim, they can go onto PC and play to their hearts desire. To change Forza Motorsport completely, when it has never been that type of series, is asinine to me, especially when so much of Motorsport's problems have to do with bad (and frankly, past expiry date) gameplay loops that need to be changed.

In fact Xbox one era was worst era for the Forza Motorsport series
I kinda feel the same for all racing games in the Xbox One/PS4 era. I'm pretty sure I have put more hours into FM4 then every Xbox One Forza Motorsport game combined, and nearly as much hours into Gran Turismo 5 alone as all XboxOne/PS4 era racing games combined.

adding useless cars like limosines and more suvs also hoonigan and hot wheels crap
I wouldn't say that is a bad thing. Older Gran Turismo games also had plenty of "useless" cars, but some of the best fun I've had with the games is finding creative ways to use these oddball cars.

Last edited:
Fm3 and fm4 were peak forza motorsport.

In my honest opinion, I enjoyed Motorsport 4 better. Still remains my favorite Forza and I hope a vast majority of the cars from Motorsport 4 return for Motorsport 8.

The only crappy gimmicks I've seen so far are Mods, Forzathon, forced homologation, the "humorous" racing suits (as well as the preset ones, they're very tacky) and microtransactions in the previous games. I am always welcome for a huge amount of cars in a Motorsport game, but I never really liked the Forza edition cars.

I still enjoy some of the racing in Forza, even in the more recent games (I stay away from the online modes due to the notoriously violent and chaotic races that fail to separate the purists from the morons). I don't really care much about the car collecting because I usually play in Free Play mode where I can rent any car of my choosing and just jump straight into the action.

Along with the awesome music and content the game was elegant and classy unlike Forza 7.

The content added to Motorsport 7 was kind of okay, never had any problems with it, as more cars are always welcome for me, but what I didn't like was that there were no expansions and no new tracks added. The music of the Xbox One era Forza games are either weak techno that puts you to sleep, or cheap, uninspired rock. In some cases in Motorsport 7, I found that some cars were missing from the previous game (such as the LMP900's, two alternate liveries of GT3 cars, SLR, GMC Syclone, 2014 Land Rover Range Rover Supercharged, Hyundai Genesis, to name a few), and that we didn't have enough NASCARS and IndyCars.

The VIP DLC was also uninspiring, working through a credits/XP bonus that is only temporary and a few Forza edition cars.

Another is the sudden disappearance of Toyota due to licensing issues, but you can't blame Turn Ten for that.

Forza 7 in my opinion, is the worst of the series. In fact, the Xbox One era was the worst era for the Forza Motorsport series, not to mention how they Horizon-ified the series by adding useless cars like limousines and more SUV's, also Hoonigan and Hot Wheels crap. Honestly I can say Forza 6 was the good one of the bunch while Forza 5 and 7 were disappointing, not to say Forza 7 is a bad game, it's not, but really it has lots of problems and feels like a rushed game and the same old formula. Also compare the post release support with Horizon 4.

While Motorsport 7 is far from perfect, I do admit, it was flawed. Two years of development time is no longer enough to build the ideal Forza, but in terms of the size and quality of the content in Motorsport 7, it is impressive indeed. And no, the flaws of the game have nothing to do with the car count (well some, because at launch, I felt that there were some cars missing, and that there wasn't enough Formula E, NASCARS and IndyCars either).

The flaws come from its implementation of many mechanics (such as divisions and homologation) and from a technological point of view, incomplete dynamic weather and time of day on all tracks, no pit-stop animations at all, and above all, its zoo-like, bumper-car style online racing.

SUV's, pick-up trucks, off-roaders, oddballs and other such vehicles have been in Forza since Motorsport 3, and are also in Motorsport 4, mind you.

Gran Turismo has had some of these kinds of cars at some point as well. Sure, they may be out of the norm when it comes to racing, but it doesn't mean it's completely useless. It's up to you what you do with them, but in the end, they can all be driven in a realistic fashion and can be raced. But it's all up to you. You don't have to drive them if you don't like them, but it doesn't change the fact that it's in the game and very much, a part of Forza.

Automotive diversity is never a bad thing, especially in Forza, whether it's Motorsport or Horizon, so that there's something for everyone's tastes, not just for novelty appeal. Before it's a "Motorsport-y", simulation-style game or arcade open-world one like Horizon, it's still what makes Forza great, and Forza is a racing video game first, before anything else. And because of it being this way, fun is an important aspect, especially with the way it has been since the start.

And you talk as if these cars from Hoonigan, Hot Wheels, Fast & Furious and the like are mere product placement. They're popular tuner cars that represent the trends of car culture over the years, and to have them realistically represented is a big bonus. Much like you buy a car, upgrade it and personalize it to make it your own project race car from scratch. And of course, many of the cars from the Fast & Furious movie franchise are also representative of the "tuner car" theme. The Hot Wheels cars you see in Motorsport 7 are also realistic, functioning concept cars as well.

In conclusion, these trolls asking for less cars, or the removal of certain types of cars, with their excuses such as "lEaVe tHeM iN hOrIzoN" and/or "qUaLiTy oVeR qUaNtItY" just don't get it, especially when everything from Motorsport 7 and Horizon 4 are built on the same engine, are 4K assets, and all that. But licensing will always be the bridge that needs to be crossed with every game.

To think that because a car deemed too "unusual" for Motorsport is either useless or unworthy, Turn Ten added these cars for a reason. It's not about the car itself, but the driver, the Player themselves, with what he or she chooses to do with it and use it to its advantage and their pleasure without creating problems for others, especially online.

The next Motorsport can continue to grow, based on the cars we have in Motorsport 7 (assuming there's no weird stuff going on with the licensing), with new ones from Horizon 4, returning classics from previous games and new-to-series cars while building on the tracks too. But the technology, gameplay modes and mechanics need a serious overhaul to redeem itself.

Last edited:
The exact same problems with the car collecting formula that came to a head in GT5 and GT6 hit home in FM7. Too much content and no idea what to do with it.

Plus continuing to pile in more cars for the sake of it only detracts from the fact that serious issues with physics, tire modelling and car groupings must be addressed.

Too much content and no idea what to do with it.
Which is something that has bothered me about those games, but in a different way. It really shouldn't be that hard to think of what to do with all of those cars in FM7.

I can think of a lot of things to do with each of those cars that Turn 10 just didn't, which is rediculous because they were able to do this in the past with Forza Motorsport 4. That game had plenty of cars, just to a similar count to FM7's, but made proper use of the content in each game mode. There were events that accomadated a majority of the cars. So, I don't know how they could slip up so much here.

...I don't see what else is different from Forza 7 to Forza 3/4. Which is the problem. You cannot expect car collecting to be your primary gameplay loop.

Because Forza 4 was any different with its SUV's and crapbox cars who's only use was for car soccer.

...again, not much different from Forza 7 in my eyes. Which is the problem. Plus, this makes absolutely no sense in a vacuum. What does 'effort' mean in the context of a racing game?

That's the hilarious part. Of course Horizon is the more popular series, that is what happens when you create a game that appeals to everyone and is well made enough. (Though as I have mentioned, many of the same problems plaguing Motorsport will invariably effect Horizon considering how shared development is between the two games, though sometimes in very different contexts.) That in of itself isn't the problem, which is the tone I get from the quoted post, which dredged up a nearly 4 month old thread that admittedly had a very good debate stonewalled by bad faith actors who don't want Forza Motorsport to change, to complain about the series in a way that doesn't even really make much sense in the context of this thread for no other reason then they could.

Exactly. People want a 'proper motorsports title' are deluding themselves, especially when the market is already so saturated. By this point, if you really want that type of sim, they can go onto PC and play to their hearts desire. To change Forza Motorsport completely, when it has never been that type of series, is asinine to me, especially when so much of Motorsport's problems have to do with bad (and frankly, past expiry date) gameplay loops that need to be changed.

Why does motorsport have to bring in horizon fans?? Everytime a motorsport game gets released only thing people want is horizon.

Motosport series could have forged its own identity but had to give way for horizon.

Motorsport fans have been asking for the Porsche 917 and the Ferrari 512 S to come to the motorsport series only to have them come to horizon instead this shows the prorities of who is more important that is horizon.

Forza motorsport does not have to be like project cars or ac its identity could have easily been forged by being a game for car collecting while also putting a motorsport identity to it by having animated pits, realistic fuel and tyre wear along with different sets of tyres along with sponsorships. Also forza motorsport would do well with some nice qualifying sessions.

Forza 7 had to put gimmicks like mods, driver suits and other crap shows how t10 has gone way off.

For me as it stands forza 3 and 4 will always be the peak of the series. We all know that the motorsport franchise has been overshadowed by Horizon. Horizon does not have to be like motorsport why does motorsport have to be like horizon??

When it comes to racing games only thing people want nowadays is this open world, customisation, tuning. This is why Driveclub was easily condemned because it had no customisation and open world. But PGR fans and Old school nfs loved the game because it brings back the past that they enjoyed

Look what has happened to PC3 when you try to throw your identity away this is the result you piss off old and long time fans.

Thread title is way out of date by the way @TheOE, since we're in 2021 and the title was never planned for 2020 to begin with :)

Why does motorsport have to bring in horizon fans??
I believe they felt had to do it to get the sales/player numbers up, as a purely motorsport-oreinted audience isn't large enough.

Forza Horizon 3 was around 5-6 times as popular as Forza Motorsport 6 (using these as examples as later titles are on Game Pass).

With future titles releasing on Game Pass at launch however that opens up the freedom to make more niche experiences, and despite what many people say track-based racing is niche these days.

Last edited:
Why does motorsport have to bring in horizon fans?? Everytime a motorsport game gets released only thing people want is horizon.

Motosport series could have forged its own identity but had to give way for horizon.
What identity was that, do you think? Because I fail to see how they gave away their "identity" to Horizon. It doesn't make sense to you that the more popular title in the series is asked for more than the one that isn't?

Motorsport fans have been asking for the Porsche 917 and the Ferrari 512 S to come to the motorsport series only to have them come to horizon instead this shows the prorities of who is more important that is horizon.
Or maybe, stick with me here, one game is still having post-release content for it and one isn't? 💡 What get's introduced in Horizon leaves a chance that it likely will come to the next iteration of Motorsport. Not a guarantee that's for sure, but you can't start complaining about what is or isn't in the next motorsports title when its not even out yet.

Forza motorsport does not have to be like project cars or ac its identity could have easily been forged by being a game for car collecting while also putting a motorsport identity to it by having animated pits, realistic fuel and tyre wear along with different sets of tyres along with sponsorships. Also forza motorsport would do well with some nice qualifying sessions.
Their identity is motorsports focused, thats the same thing of what you're asking for. This sentence is contradicting itself. Car collecting is not an identity, its actually what's hindering this series. You've literally complained about having cars you don't care about , and that's what they're doing, just throwing a ton of content at the game and obviously FM7 was all over the place because of that. You want more of it, but less of it at the same time?

Forza 7 had to put gimmicks like mods, driver suits and other crap shows how t10 has gone way off.
Mods are actually a great addition to the game. That you dont like things doesn't mean they fell off. I don't know why you're pretending like you have the final say on that matter. If you don't like those, that's just fine, but I feel mods expand the gameplay and offer a challenge to overcome with each race. It's nice.

For me as it stands forza 3 and 4 will always be the peak of the series. We all know that the motorsport franchise has been overshadowed by Horizon. Horizon does not have to be like motorsport why does motorsport have to be like horizon??
What part of Motorsport is like Horizon? The part where you're allowed to change your racing suit? Seems pretty insignificant of an issue in the grand scheme of things. You want it to be more popular, and then get mad when they do things that would only expand their audience a bit. Not only that, but the amount of time needed for the making of these driver suits is likely an insignificant thing in the grand scheme of the game.

When it comes to racing games only thing people want nowadays is this open world, customisation, tuning. This is why Driveclub was easily condemned because it had no customisation and open world. But PGR fans and Old school nfs loved the game because it brings back the past that they enjoyed
You don't get to talk for other people. You can talk for yourself though. You don't speak for me, I don't like the Horizon series and much prefer the Motorsport series.

Look what has happened to PC3 when you try to throw your identity away this is the result you piss off old and long time fans.
They completely changed their whole game around, lied and mislead their fan base, and reverted backwards in major aspects. That's not the same thing.

Last edited:

You do realize that the way that the Forza series has been designed, trying to get Horizon fans to play Motorsport is part and parcel with game creation? Moreover, of course people want more Horizon. That's what happens when a series is designed for mass market instead of just catering towards sim fans, which by this point are just divided into different categories of how hardcore they are.

Hmmm...

Forza motorsport fans have been asking for the 917 and the 512 for years.

Nope, seems more like just you looking at the search results. And the same response as before holds true now:

Forza Motorsport fans have been asking for a ton of vehicles from all kinds of different categories for a long time.

I would legit like to see a reason why mods are so reviled, especially when they're meant to help the player and given them a handicap in for prize rewards. Race suits are whatever, but I do like the fact that apparently Gran Turismo gets away with the exact same thing, with *more* user input in that regard, and yet Forza doesn't. I've seen some things in GT Sport that rivals what people bag on Forza 7 for, but c'est la vie.

When it comes to racing games only thing people want nowadays is this open world, customisation, tuning.

I could very easily point out that sim racing purists, who want a return on investment for their set ups, are another reason why the racing game genre as a whole is split into two different camps of hardcore racing and open world customization, especially when one considers that the racing game genre is now just a bunch of companies shacked up to even larger ones. But that's what happens when a market isn't satisfied with the options on tap - developers have to go where the money is.

This is why Driveclub was easily condemned because it had no customisation and open world. But PGR fans and Old school nfs loved the game because it brings back the past that they enjoyed

Last I heard, Driveclub overcame a rough early start to be one of the most beloved racing titles on the PS4, a graphical tour de force still not really matched, and sold just as much, if not a tad more, then GT Sport. What world are you living in that it was condemned?

lmfao

PC3 failed because Ian Bell is a moron who wanted to damn the torpedoes when what could have saved PC3 from an ignominious end was naming it the spin-off it deserved to be. Ian was too bullheaded to accept that, so he lied to a community he shouldn't have lied to, calling PC3 'all the sim you'll ever need' when the game didn't even have access to the pit road. That's why everyone doesn't trust Ian Bell with a barge pole.

Last I heard and seen, Forza Motorsport had a peaceful transition of power between Motorsport and Horizon for most popular of the two series. And even then, T10 and by extension Motorsport still holds most of the power considering, once more, the set up of the Forza franchise currently means that T10 takes lead on any bigger picture items, like enhancements to Forzatech or Drivatar AI.

I have now longer played Forza 7 over holidays and what for me is missing and have to be better in coming Forza:
At all the monotone music. That’s really boring. Why not doing like Gran Turismo or Forza Horizon? The driving model isn’t so good, too. I sometimes haven’t the feeling I’m i a racing game. Really feels like a open world racer on racetrack. Sorry, than they can can put race tracks to horizon.. The a lot of older race cars are problem, too, no actually R8 Gt3, nor AMG GT3, only the previous models.. GT sport had them from beginning on. Another point, because of disanouncing in last year, I have the feeling of an obsolet product. GT Gets an afterfollowing product, too, but in GT Sport, I have the feeling, it lives, a lot of cause of the FIA Championsship. Next year, Forza 7 will get 4 years old and probably get out of store like previous Forza because of licenses, than no Forza Motorsport in Shop anymore, what a joke, cause of Forza 8 was on stand Oktober still in early production, as the team told..Don’t understand me wrong, I think the brand has much potential, but there misses a man like Kaz Yamauchi of Polyphony, who gives the game their DNA and magic. Of course, for example GT Sport has mistakes, too, but game has great atmosphere in his presentation

Last edited:
I think the brand has much potential, but there misses a man like Kaz Yamauchi of Polyphony, who gives the game their DNA and magic

The same man who told long time fans that if they didn't like a game going effectively online only and focused, that they could take a hike? Only to cynically add in a single player later on when his game bombed, and was selling for pennies on the resale market and for dirt cheap on PSN?

He has an absolutly passion for motorsport and their roundabout, That you can feel in their Games and can no one deny. When i open GT, i feel im in a GT game, when opening Forza, it probably could be Project Cars, too. The presentation is Not Unique.

Last edited:
The presentation is Not Unique.

The presentation has always been one of the best parts about GT, even the rather bland UI on the PS3 games have a certain quality to them. The only time I've really felt T10 has gotten close was FM4, the prior games were nice but pretty simplistic and everything since has had the same boring Microsoft tile setup.

2fe078a44a52705e849616a713382e48.jpg

FM4 with the Jeremy Clarkson introduction , followed by the title music video , and, of course, the immaculate Autovista mode, superior to Forzavista. This was the best presentation.

"It Starts" by Alex Metric was a great song. I want Motorsport 8 to have an intro movie with a nice song on it, showing off the many varieties of cars racing around, because well, the more recent titles didn't have intro movies.

Last edited:
Back