Senna content coming soon?

• Thread starter strela
  • 5,436 comments
The Lotus handles a lot better than the FGT; oversteer with the FGT and you're out, oversteer with the Lotus: epic :drool:
Try flooring it out of Rascasse with driving aids off, the tyres just smoke and you spin on the spot. :D It's really odd to drive but once it does what you want it to do you feel as if you've earned it.

I agree it's as boring and stale as ever but to me it's not the karting that's boring, it's the lack of tracks suited to Karting that makes them boring. I raced almost that exact same Senna setup in real life, but it was on tracks where a long straight was 250-300 feet and hairpins were really hairpins. The tracks in the game are just too big for a 100cc kart to be fun. Many PC sims are releasing proper kart tracks and they look like an absolute blast to me. There's a reason why nearly every top circuit racer in the world comes up through karting and PD is really missing the boat in that regard. I expected the Senna track (Interlagos) to be in this update or follow shortly and that'll really give that fun and challenge factor in karts a big boost IMO.
This may sounds stupid, but have you tried Kart Space?

This may sounds stupid, but have you tried Kart Space?
Kart space is what a karter would refer to as "rental track" not a proper racing track. It's designed for big, heavy, slow karts, for people to toot around at a buck a lap or something close to that. Proper racing tracks are outdoors just like real racing tracks.

Kart space is what a karter would refer to as "rental track" not a proper racing track. It's designed for big, heavy, slow karts, for people to toot around at a buck a lap or something close to that. Proper racing tracks are outdoors just like real racing tracks.
Oh I see, I personnally find Stowe very cool for Karting

I agree it's as boring and stale as ever but to me it's not the karting that's boring, it's the lack of tracks suited to Karting that makes them boring. I raced almost that exact same Senna setup in real life, but it was on tracks where a long straight was 250-300 feet and hairpins were really hairpins. The tracks in the game are just too big for a 100cc kart to be fun. Many PC sims are releasing proper kart tracks and they look like an absolute blast to me. There's a reason why nearly every top circuit racer in the world comes up through karting and PD is really missing the boat in that regard. I expected the Senna track (Interlagos) to be in this update or follow shortly and that'll really give that fun and challenge factor in karts a big boost IMO.

:confused: Have my account been hacked? I have never said that, about kart. I can't find the original post of me saying that or under my content in my account, is there one here with the same user name? :nervous: This is not good :scared:

:confused: Have my account been hacked? I have never said that, about kart. I can't find the original post of me saying that or under my content in my account, is there one here with the same user name? :nervous: This is not good :scared:
I have no idea how that happened, sorry. I just hit replay and kept going and somehow it ended up under your name instead of @Hyland's where it belongs.

There was a Michael Schumacher karting game on the PS1.

The fact that this title was the last one that featured Karts in a console Sim racer prior to GT5 just further shows how little people want Karts (or to even do them properly). The PC Sims are easily more flooded with mods/games that have proper Karts/Kart simulation.

@Hyland
Agree 100% the tracks are too wide and big, this is what you would need to have good kart racing:

Agree 100% the tracks are too wide and big, this is what you would need to have good kart racing:

Once again, a PC sim does a better job and simulating Kart racing. Not really surprising as again, the console sims genre as whole never really pays attention to Karts the way they do cars.

@Hyland
I agree with you, JP. We definitely need som dedicated kart tracks (a'la Game Stock Car and/or KartSim) to make it far more interesting than as it is now, including physics/tire model improvements (and adjustable FOV; which did wonders in GT5 for the sense of speed. Best ''hack'' ever. Loved it.). The Interlagos kart track would be a fantastic starting point.

Such a wasted potential.

So this is the first half of Senna "content" correct? It just seems like 3 cars and a few minor track alterations isn't really representative of Kaz's admiration for Senna.

Although, I guess the current content does indeed trace the "roots" of his career, just not very extensively.

I'm sure it has something to do with it. I doubt tin pot 2.5W stereo speakers built in to a crappy 8 year old LED TV would convey the engine sounds as well as a full on 5.1 system, with full range centre and proper floor standers all round.
I understand the quality and some aspects being affected, I'm not doubting that, but the very base details that differentiate one engine from another from a synthesized sample shouldn't be affected.
Like I said, this was based on ONE video and I wasn't talking about the quality.

So this is the first half of Senna "content" correct? It just seems like 3 cars and a few minor track alterations isn't really representative of Kaz's admiration for Senna.

Although, I guess the current content does indeed trace the "roots" of his career, just not very extensively.
This is everything, I believe.

Back