SNAIL Sep 6, 2015 Labor Day Weekend Endurance Race - Last update Sep 4

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 381 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed the idea behind this and would like to do more. Would anyone be interested in building up a series for Tuesday nights? 90 minutes was a really long time, maybe we could do 50 minutes and have two races a night. Keep tire/fuel wear on Fast and it'd be a few less stops. This would keep the field from splitting up so much.
I too enjoyed this very much. I am liking the 90 min. format but would like to explore even longer races. Perhaps 2 to 3 hours. Still using a single driver. AND true multi class racing. Say, the LMP3 (or LMP1) car and a GT(or TC) car. just a thought...

image.jpg

Room 1 results

Not really Blixem. I had to pit one more time and we wouldn't be anywhere near each other. Everyone had done their final stops. I didn't feel like racing against lap traffic for 20 minutes so I stopped. You would have gotten around me no matter what, sorry :(

My strategy was RH (16 laps) > RM (12 laps, take 75l fuel) > RH (take full tank, 16 laps to finish)

So, only two stops.

Interesting. After a bit of practice this weekend I got a lot faster on RM's. 2 seconds better than I could manage on RH, and I could driver more consistently, even when worn. That's just me though.

I too enjoyed this very much. I am liking the 90 min. format but would like to explore even longer races. Perhaps 2 to 3 hours. Still using a single driver. AND true multi class racing. Say, the LMP3 (or LMP1) car and a GT(or TC) car. just a thought...
We could do GT300 and GT500 at the same time but I couldn't go any longer. 90 was really pushing it. You also would only have one race per night and that's not good because of what we saw tonight with people not being able to race. Then the whole night is ruined. Gotta have at least 2 races so if you can't make the first one it's not the end of the night. 60 minute races? The Wednesday night series is 40 minutes and the Friday night series is one 50 minute race

Interesting. After a bit of practice this weekend I got a lot faster on RM's. 2 seconds better than I could manage on RH, and I could driver more consistently, even when worn. That's just me though.
I started to notice this too. I was driving the worn RM like new RH tires

My strategy was RH (16 laps) > RM (12 laps, take 75l fuel) > RH (take full tank, 16 laps to finish)

So, only two stops.

And that's how you plan a race!

Not really Blixem. I had to pit one more time and we wouldn't be anywhere near each other. Everyone had done their final stops. I didn't feel like racing against lap traffic for 20 minutes so I stopped. You would have gotten around me no matter what, sorry :(

I can't understand why you even signed up for this event... Hell, I don't even follow why you do ANY of this AT ALL with an attitude like that. Jeez..

I hate to defend myself but I thought wasn't this just for fun? It shouldn't matter what I did.

Based on Ricky's total time being ~20 seconds less than mine with the same number of laps, It probably was faster to stick to RM the most and pit an extra time since I'm guessing that's what he would have done. It just worked out for me.

It's about sportsmanship dude! It's about being a F-ing MAN and dealing with your circumstances! See it through, finish the job, etc. My gosh...
In any other race I would, but it had been 75 minutes. I saw enough of it through heh. That was exhausting.

Based on Ricky's total time being ~20 seconds less than mine with the same number of laps, It probably was faster to stick to RM the most and pit an extra time since I'm guessing that's what he would have done. It just worked out for me.

I should have taken a photo of Room 3 results. Now I'm curious what X-rad's total time was. I was 59 seconds behind. I'm kinda proud of that actually :)

One thing that is really tough to deal with is lap traffic. I think this was only an issue because the cars all looked the same. If we used something paintable we could keep track of who's who so when you come up on a car and check the driver's list, you can connect the name with the color/number and if it doesn't match then it's a lap-car.

One thing that is really tough to deal with is lap traffic. I think this was only an issue because the cars all looked the same. If we used something paintable we could keep track of who's who so when you come up on a car and check the driver's list, you can connect the name with the color/number and if it doesn't match then it's a lap-car.

That really sucks that you guys had the room crash. I just decided to leave because I made my last pit stop and was not going to have a race with anyone so it was just a waste of time at that point. If the room crashed because of me (I don't know how it can be proven) I sincererely apologize. I would not have wished that upon you guys.

It really irks me when people race/cry quit and leave the room during a race. If you cannot stay for the entire race, then do us all a favor and don't enter! You know, There is a section in the OLR on how to retire from a race and it specifically forbids exiting the race.

I noticed something, that even though I did an oil change just before entering the room tonight I was down to 412HP by the end of the race.

Interesting since I estimated we'd only do 158mi (44 laps, 3.61mi per lap)and I thought oil change intervals were longer than that.

I noticed something, that even though I did an oil change just before entering the room tonight I was down to 412HP by the end of the race.

Interesting since I estimated we'd only do 158mi (44 laps, 3.61mi per lap)and I thought oil change intervals were longer than that.

Yes, you lose a lot of ponies over the 90 minutes. Your car has to be fresh before the start.

I had a brand new car with fresh oil change. I lost 14 HP over the course of the race. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back