SNAIL Sep 6, 2015 Labor Day Weekend Endurance Race - Last update Sep 4

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 381 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tired and my body hurts from work. I was thinking about backing out because that would be easy and I have races to watch on TV, but then I remembered I'd be racing with friends in a casual race and mics may be on to catch the action. See you guys later!
Can I "like" a post x2? Lol

Hope you guys enjoyed the event.

I practiced for almost two weeks. I feel like I could have at least gotten 1 room change.

Don't feel too bad, I had issues with my screen blacking out in the first f'n lap. It's when I stab the brake really hard when it happens. Very frustrated after waiting so long to get the puck dropped in the first place. I hope I didn't take anyone out when I went blank. Shoulda heard me swearing, my neighbor came over to see if I was ok. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves tonight. I think I woulda finished well. Oh well, time to troubleshoot, might be the brake petal pot.

i will not be racing, missed out =(

Hope you guys enjoyed the event.

I practiced for almost two weeks. I feel like I could have at least gotten 1 room change.

Don't feel too bad, I had issues with my screen blacking out in the first f'n lap. It's when I stab the brake really hard when it happens. Very frustrated after waiting so long to get the puck dropped in the first place. I hope I didn't take anyone out when I went blank. Shoulda heard me swearing, my neighbor came over to see if I was ok. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves tonight. I think I woulda finished well. Oh well, time to troubleshoot, might be the brake petal pot.

I'm sorry to see the of you not being able to participate. I think this demonstrates the inherent risk of a longer endurance race vs. the SNAIL model of 6 sprint races. In a long race you are out for the night if there are a glitch of some sort, whereas with the sprint races you can come back and participate in what is left. SNAIL definitely has a good model.

It seems like room 1 had a few issues and by the time they have been identified and sorted, the other two rooms were on the way already. We had some communication between the rooms, and we could move people around, but at that time it was too late. I'm really sorry that drb's were identified too late. It's like the Lotus cars at Monza today - highly frustrating for the drivers and team and nothing really that they could do.

We'll take note and see what we can do to improve if we do it again in future. I think however we need to get @JLBowler to organize an Oval Race again for the next break. He has a good procedure that works well if you have 30+ people.

Congratulations! !
Room 2 champion...
@ConnorWolf ConnorWolf

2nd @ONESPACE ONESPACE
3rd @GTP_Nobby nobbymcnobberson
20150906_202604.jpg

super job from all participating!! :cheers:
Big thanks go to @Rednose58 and @MajorBlixem awesome job!!!!👍

I went RM > RM > RH and didn't take enough fuel for the RH stint. Seriously pissed at myself because I was fighting for the top spots. I was gonna stay out long on the RH when I figured most had done a RM > RH > RM stint. This would have thrown things around a bit and then when the RH were done would determine what I used next. If it was around 25 minutes I could do another RH stint but anything more would be two RM stints.

I really enjoyed the idea behind this and would like to do more. Would anyone be interested in building up a series for Tuesday nights? 90 minutes was a really long time, maybe we could do 50 minutes and have two races a night. Keep tire/fuel wear on Fast and it'd be a few less stops. This would keep the field from splitting up so much.

Dp was in front of me and disappeared.... seconds later I went...

Man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Room 3 had some damn good racing. Some different strategies going on. Positions changing all the time with stops. Good stuff. Ended up kinda thin, but whatever. I enjoyed it.

That really sucks that you guys had the room crash. I just decided to leave because I made my last pit stop and was not going to have a race with anyone so it was just a waste of time at that point. If the room crashed because of me (I don't know how it can be proven) I sincererely apologize. I would not have wished that upon you guys.

I went RM > RM > RH and didn't take enough fuel for the RH stint. Seriously pissed at myself because I was fighting for the top spots. I was gonna stay out long on the RH when I figured most had done a RM > RH > RM stint. This would have thrown things around a bit and then when the RH were done would determine what I used next. If it was around 25 minutes I could do another RH stint but anything more would be two RM stints.

I really enjoyed the idea behind this and would like to do more. Would anyone be interested in building up a series for Tuesday nights? 90 minutes was a really long time, maybe we could do 50 minutes and have two races a night. Keep tire/fuel wear on Fast and it'd be a few less stops. This would keep the field from splitting up so much.

I did two 10-lap stints of RM, than changed to RH until about 20min. left, then back to RM. I took less than a full tank on my first stop and just short of 2/3 tank on my final. @pakicote did 4 flippin' stops and got me with one lap left. Kinda cool how things play out like that.

*edit* DP, you never know what's going to happen in an Enduro race. You never give up. You could end up racing for position with a guy you haven't seen in 45 minutes...

That really sucks that you guys had the room crash. I just decided to leave because I made my last pit stop and was not going to have a race with anyone so it was just a waste of time at that point. If the room crashed because of me (I don't know how it can be proven) I sincererely apologize. I would not have wished that upon you guys.
Seriously! You left the room because you thought it was a waste of time! Do me a favor and don't sign up next time...For you to know... I was catching you and it would have been a close race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back