SNAIL Sep 6, 2015 Labor Day Weekend Endurance Race - Last update Sep 4

• Thread starter Rednose58
  • 381 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The SNAILS tagged below have all signed up. Please let us know if you can't make it on Sunday night so that we can remove you from the list. We know and understand that sometime things come up at short notice. No worries and no hard feelings. We just want to make sure everybody has a good time by filling the rooms as much as possible.

@Kgffy
@USERID_77a23
@MajorBlixem
@Ricky Wilson
@DesertPenguin09
@IceManFan_7
@Dyanamo1992
@JamCar0ne
@Mike Lobban
@Nicktune
@nmcp1
@SlvrOnyx
@GTP_Nobby
@Die_Birdy_Die
@TomMang_68
@ConnorWolf
@Drewspeed
@jnmjeeper
@kickenit4evr
@Murilo
@ONESPACE
@racingchamp30
@WIDEeyedDRIVR
@W Patrick
@Adramike
@gtr3123
@Jaguara
@Gavin Edde
@MikeGrove
@Nail-27
@pakicote
@Ricky_Blayz
@STEAMER62
@turnupdaheat
@Xradkins
@Lessen
Im there. Looking forward to it!

The SNAILS tagged below have all signed up. Please let us know if you can't make it on Sunday night so that we can remove you from the list. We know and understand that sometime things come up at short notice. No worries and no hard feelings. We just want to make sure everybody has a good time by filling the rooms as much as possible.

@Kgffy
@USERID_77a23
@MajorBlixem
@Ricky Wilson
@DesertPenguin09
@IceManFan_7
@Dyanamo1992
@JamCar0ne
@Mike Lobban
@Nicktune
@nmcp1
@SlvrOnyx
@GTP_Nobby
@Die_Birdy_Die
@TomMang_68
@ConnorWolf
@Drewspeed
@jnmjeeper
@kickenit4evr
@Murilo
@ONESPACE
@racingchamp30
@WIDEeyedDRIVR
@W Patrick
@Adramike
@gtr3123
@Jaguara
@Gavin Edde
@MikeGrove
@Nail-27
@pakicote
@Ricky_Blayz
@STEAMER62
@turnupdaheat
@Xradkins
@Lessen

It pains me to have to write this but I have to back out. Had some family stuff come up that will keep me away from home until Monday night. Have fun all and post up a ton of pics when it's all done. :indiff:

It pains me to have to write this but I have to back out. Had some family stuff come up that will keep me away from home until Monday night. Have fun all and post up a ton of pics when it's all done. :indiff:

Dislike.

(But hope everything is fine with the family)

We also lost our host for room 1. @Kgffy hope your family member is OK.

With that we will have to rebalance the rooms again.

@Rednose58 you may not like it but I need to move some drivers around. I will try to keep it to the minimum.

I will post the new rooms tonight.

Last edited:
Dislike.

(But hope everything is fine with the family)

For the most part everyone is fine. The wife and I just need to figure out how to get the in-laws to move closer to us...:irked:

Here's the new line up for Sunday. I tried to keep changes to a minimum but I had to move a few of you around to balance the rooms again. Good news is that most of you will have at least one of your division mates in the room to race against

@USERID_77a23 you are now the primary host for Room 1. I will take backup host for Room 1

@Rednose58 would appreciate if you could update the main post when you get a chance.

Line up as of 9-5.jpg

The driver's list had it's final update. Anybody that did not sign-up and that want to join the race on Sunday will be allowed in the room on a first-come-first serve basis. The communications coordinators can move people around if one room has more no-shows or more late additions than others. Good luck with the races on Sunday. Thanks to the volunteers @MajorBlixem @Kgffy (who had to pull out unfortunately) @USERID_77a23 @GTP_Nobby @Die_Birdy_Die @TomMang_68 @Adramike and to all the enthusiastic SNAILS who want to race clean on Sunday. First prize this weekend is not the first place on the podium - it is the spirit of sportsmanship between fellow snails.

So I was thinking about the race and we will get done around 11pm EST. Does anyone want to race anything after that? We can test combo ideas to see if they work with a large group, or some classic combos that we know are sure to be fun.

The driver's list had it's final update. Anybody that did not sign-up and that want to join the race on Sunday will be allowed in the room on a first-come-first serve basis. The communications coordinators can move people around if one room has more no-shows or more late additions than others. Good luck with the races on Sunday. Thanks to the volunteers @MajorBlixem @Kgffy (who had to pull out unfortunately) @USERID_77a23 @GTP_Nobby @Die_Birdy_Die @TomMang_68 @Adramike and to all the enthusiastic SNAILS who want to race clean on Sunday. First prize this weekend is not the first place on the podium - it is the spirit of sportsmanship between fellow snails.

SNAIL Club Lobby to find the room as regular Sundays?

I want to say thank you to everyone that put this together. A great idea and yet another labour of love that benefits us all.
Thank you!

SNAIL Club Lobby to find the room as regular Sundays?

I want to say thank you to everyone that put this together. A great idea and yet another labour of love that benefits us all.
Thank you!
yeah flip regular snail lobby. And it's amazing what a few can do for the enjoyment of other :)

Spots are still available for tonight's race! Let's fill these rooms up and have some fun!

If you are a late comer and decide at the last minute you want to race post here in the thread and we will assign you to a room (if spaces are available)

I don't mind mics on during the race as long as we keep the chatter down to what's happening on track. A sorry here or a sorry there or to let someone know you're on the inside is acceptable. However if you start yakking away you will be asked to mute your mic.

Slower drivers if you are about to be lapped by a fast driver don't fight it. Be courteous and give the faster driver the blue flag. Fast drivers may say "blue flag" when approaching a slower driver to give them fair warning they are approaching.

Only use "blue flag" if you are about to lap a slower driver... blue flagging your buddy to get by him ain't gonna work LOL!!

Main thing to remember for tonight. Prize A goes to the driver that had the most fun!

I'm tired and my body hurts from work. I was thinking about backing out because that would be easy and I have races to watch on TV, but then I remembered I'd be racing with friends in a casual race and mics may be on to catch the action. See you guys later!
I did a ton of yard work yesterday, followed by a few hours of practicing last night. My legs are so sore today I don't know how I'll do tonight, but I'm not going to miss this for anything. Once the adrenaline gets flowing we'll be wide awake and will feel no pain. Maybe a vicodin will help too. :dopey:

Another friendly reminder...
Remember to use the power limiter to dial your HP down. Just slide it to the left until you have you're assigned HP.
D1 & 2 - 425HP
D3 & 4 - 445HP
D5+ - 465HP

Hosts will check your HP before the race starts.

I don't mind mics on during the race as long as we keep the chatter down to what's happening on track. A sorry here or a sorry there or to let someone know you're on the inside is acceptable. However if you start yakking away you will be asked to mute your mic.

Slower drivers if you are about to be lapped by a fast driver don't fight it. Be courteous and give the faster driver the blue flag. Fast drivers may say "blue flag" when approaching a slower driver to give them fair warning they are approaching.
My intent entirely. And of course complimenting someone on a nice move or laughing when something goes wrong like running out of fuel (which I fully expect at least one driver to do and it's hilarious).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back