The GT6 Epic Whining and Crying Thread

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 6,682 comments
TGT6EWACT... the one thread on GTP where people can whinge as much as they want.

... well that and every update thread, every news thread, and, well.. pretty much every other thread...

TGT6EWACT... the one thread on GTP where people can whinge as much as they want.

... well that and every update thread, every news thread, and, well.. pretty much every other thread...
People waiting for an update be like "I can't wait to be disappointed again!" :lol:

For me this just one of their typical communication failures. If they would have stated from the beginning it would be released as a tablet app (which was perfectly possible), people would been less pissed off now

I totally agree. If PD just fully informed us all I'd feel alot better. Saying that i do not understand at all the logic of keeping everyone in the total dark, its a game not a state secret!

I visit gtplanet to read the news but rarely contribute to the forums. If truth be told I just cannot abide the many whiny-faced infants that proliferate around them. Every time I dip in it's full of why-oh-why-oh-why is Polyphony / Sony / the world so rubbish / lazy / unfair to me with added stampy feet.

The above post is a case in point when it comes to comically over-the-top hyperbole. Let's pick out some of the language used: painful, heartbreak, anger, I feel awful for. This poster is not talking about the victims of the college shooting or the Syrian refugee crisis; rather he's discussing a free update that's come to a 2 year old game which isn't quite designed in the way he might want it. And it really should be done his way because he knows about such things, oh yes.

As someone who used to make games I'm all for constructive discussion and criticism around their design. Some people here undoubtedly take that approach, but there's an awful lot who adopt such a ridiculous tone that they're more likely to be sent to bed early than have their opinion taken the least bit seriously.

Except your forgetting this is not a free update but part of the package we all paid for close to 2 years ago that was apparently almost ready back then.

Before vilyfying others in the one thread on GTPlanet which catters for allowing its subscribers to vent of some frustration, ensure you get your facts correct! Otherwise you sound no different than what you're arguing against.

Note this isn't directed at you but to all who come on this thread to complain about us complaining. It is unvillified.

@jcmc My post was a show of compassion towards the users who are complaining about their inability to use a feature that was supposed to be a part of the game when they purchased it - some who purchased it almost two years ago and waited, many were impatient, but they waited anyway. Then they found out that they can't use a promised feature because they don't have a tablet and they're pissed off, disappointed, etc... I am able to use the track editor because I happen to own a tablet. So, your critique of my post was flawed from the get go. Just because someone wasn't shot in the head for being a Christian doesn't mean that they never deserve sympathy when they're upset. I know good people who don't trash PD who are genuinely upset over the way this track editor was released. You criticize my post because you don't believe those people are entitled to their feelings, well I guess the same could be said about yours...

Man oh man, the lag on course maker tracks during a race or a free run is seriously LAUGHABLE. Pass through a time checkpoint - lag. Pass through the start line - lag. Drive into the pits - lag. Don't you love it when the cars in front of you burst to the front out of nowhere? You had 2 whole years and this is what we receive? Unbelievable. No way this was actually worked on for 2 years.

Man oh man, the lag on course maker tracks during a race or a free run is seriously LAUGHABLE. Pass through a time checkpoint - lag. Pass through the start line - lag. Drive into the pits - lag. Don't you love it when the cars in front of you burst to the front out of nowhere? You had 2 whole years and this is what we receive? Unbelievable. No way this was actually worked on for 2 years.
Lol i race a Nascar before im off. On a pack, somebody just enters a lobby. Lag, suddenly someone lag and seconds later sideswipe me. It was scary. Happily its just a time for me to go off.

I wish that the course crea... I mean, Track Path Editor, had two more features. The ability to control elevation changes, and the ability to add brake markers.
like these...
download.jpg

What ever happened to Seattle and all those other locations that were in that NSX trailer from two years ago?

Placeholder location for trailer, which needed probably some good months of effort to finally nothing, much like the forever lost GT5Prologue locations displaying on menu, same for those of GT5, and GT5's photo travel locations.
#PD Logic.

Which shows that this thread have, indeed, leaked all into the GTP - and this is why I usually try not to read or post baits on this thread at all. :rolleyes:

In fact 'Epic Whining and Crying' threads now come in disguise. A title that not only is bait and switch it makes a real thread using that title redundant:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/what-do-you-like-most-with-gt-track-path-editor.335756/

Hows that for clever suppression of the positives? :D

VBR
Well that's your problem right there; this is the "Whining and Crying" thread, not the "Constructive Criticism" thread. This is a place for people who are passionate about Gran Turismo to blow off some steam without being vilified for it. What did you expect? There are plenty of other threads on GTP that offer constructive criticism if that's what you're looking for.

👍

Agreed. As @Imari said - we don't come in here to be entirely rational - this is a thread to vent. I come in here and read the venting at times when I'm frustrated about something in GT6 and I feel a lot better because more often than not someone has come in here and ranted about it.
And let me tell you, I've got quite good credentials as a die-hard fan. :D
This doesn't blind me to what the game lacks - but it doesn't prevent me enjoying its hot properties either.
Still - no game is entirely perfect at any stage - there is always room for improvement. With that in mind constructive criticism as well as innovative ideas are always welcomed by savvy devs whether they check on us officially or otherwise.
Epic 'whining and crying' is another thing altogether - even though this thread is still a major force in the FB Forum. It's where we come to vent when we rage quit for instance. And there can be lots to rage quit about.
Helps to get it out.
Even just reading somebody else wailing. Catharsis.

Then again you may come across something like this which could make you smile through the tears:

GT Fanbase:

1997, after GT1: Everyone who had a PS1, likes racing games and tried out this new product.

2001, GT3: Nearly every PS2 owner

2005, GT4: Every human, animal, plant that lived on planet earth at that time.

2010, GT5: Still many people, mainly people who like racing and a wide car range to choose from

2013, GT6: Only the real GT fans plus some newcomers

2015, still GT6: Only real GT hardcore fans who own a compatible iPad

20xx, GT7: Only hardcore fans who own a certain Apple product, have a certain size, a certain weight, a certain hair color, etc.

What ever happened to Seattle and all those other locations that were in that NSX trailer from two years ago?

GT7?

And as for the last scene, it's only the car and the rock it's standing on that is a digital model while the rest of the scenery is a video, so that location is probably still somewhere out there in the real world :)

@jcmc My post was a show of compassion towards the users who are complaining about their inability to use a feature that was supposed to be a part of the game when they purchased it - some who purchased it almost two years ago and waited, many were impatient, but they waited anyway. Then they found out that they can't use a promised feature because they don't have a tablet and they're pissed off, disappointed, etc... I am able to use the track editor because I happen to own a tablet. So, your critique of my post was flawed from the get go. Just because someone wasn't shot in the head for being a Christian doesn't mean that they never deserve sympathy when they're upset. I know good people who don't trash PD who are genuinely upset over the way this track editor was released. You criticize my post because you don't believe those people are entitled to their feelings, well I guess the same could be said about yours...

Once again by using words like 'compassion' you are demonstrating the same jaw dropping lack of awareness that I pointed out last time - so my critique of your whiny post was not at all flawed unfortunately.

And then there are the basic factual inaccuracies. The Track Editor was not supposed to be part of the game when people purchased it, it was always designed to be stand-alone content that would follow as some undetermined stage. And then you moan about some peoples' inability to use a promised feature - well, can you point out any announcements from Sony or PD that suggested the editor would be PS3 specific? What WAS discussed was that you could trace your own routes using GPS which pretty much points to the phone / tablet based route they have adopted.

You can whine like an infant all you like but that doesn't mean you can invent your own truths to suit your narrow agenda. That's a catastrophic way to approach things, ah, do you see what I did there with the wild hyperbole? It must be infectious.

I'm accused of hyperbole by saying "compassion", but he uses "jaw dropping". And you're actually right. Why would anyone expect the Course Maker to be PS3 specific. It's not like the game is PS3 exclusive or anything. They should have released it for the XBox because like you said, they never promised anyone it would be on the PS3. Quite an intelligent point you've made. Now to just add you to my ignore list...

GT7?

And as for the last scene, it's only the car and the rock it's standing on that is a digital model while the rest of the scenery is a video, so that location is probably still somewhere out there in the real world :)
Scenery is real life footage earlier in video, the ending scenery hopefully is what we can expect on PS4.

The course/track editor and GPS tracker are two seperate promised features.

PD promised a course editor/creator without stipulating whether it be tablet only and the GPS tracker as a mobile app companion too the track editor.

Once again by using words like 'compassion' you are demonstrating the same jaw dropping lack of awareness that I pointed out last time - so my critique of your whiny post was not at all flawed unfortunately.

And then there are the basic factual inaccuracies. The Track Editor was not supposed to be part of the game when people purchased it, it was always designed to be stand-alone content that would follow as some undetermined stage. And then you moan about some peoples' inability to use a promised feature - well, can you point out any announcements from Sony or PD that suggested the editor would be PS3 specific? What WAS discussed was that you could trace your own routes using GPS which pretty much points to the phone / tablet based route they have adopted.

You can whine like an infant all you like but that doesn't mean you can invent your own truths to suit your narrow agenda. That's a catastrophic way to approach things, ah, do you see what I did there with the wild hyperbole? It must be infectious.

@jcmc - you talk aboy inadequate factual information when you yourself are inadequate and bending the truth yourself to suit a personal agenda.

No you're right, PD never had stated what the track efitor would be used on but it is a fair assumption that it would be useable on the PS3 like the GT5 one. Which can be seen as missleading advertising, an illegal form of advertising in many countries as the core basics of the feature cannot be used on its intended platform (being a PS3 game). Like you said, sony never directly stipulated what the editor would be used on (missleading advertising by witholding information which advertly affects a consumers purchase decision and also illegal by common law in many countries) but always stated the GPS mobile app would be a companion to the track creator.

]And then there are the basic factual inaccuracies. The Track Editor was not supposed to be part of the game when people purchased it, it was always designed to be stand-alone content that would follow as some undetermined stage. And then you moan about some peoples' inability to use a promised feature - well, can you point out any announcements from Sony or PD that suggested the editor would be PS3 specific? What WAS discussed was that you could trace your own routes using GPS which pretty much points to the phone / tablet based route they have adopted.
Source for the bolded part please. What was discussed was using GPS to trace routes which points to phones/tablets being part of the process. What it doesn't do is point to the phone/tablet/pc as the place you go to edit that information. Let's see a source saying the software for designing the course was not to be the PS3, which would be the natural assumption of anyone who bought GT6.

The feature was described in more detail in the game’s official information blowout published before release:​

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-track-maker-currently-in-beta-testing/

More info:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-course-maker-gps-data/

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-course-maker-tracks-could-span-over-2500-square-kilometers/

And then you moan about some peoples' inability to use a promised feature - well, can you point out any announcements from Sony or PD that suggested the editor would be PS3 specific?

When announcing features of a PS3 game, it's assumed that the platform that they're running on is the PS3 unless explicitly stated otherwise, like the GPS app. Which was clearly stated to be related but separate from the course maker, as it would be coming at a later date.

Nobody would be surprised by the GPS app coming on phones and tablets, it's necessary for the function. Pretty much everybody was surprised that the course maker was not available at all on the same system as the game. For as far as anyone can tell, pretty much no reason at all. I'm pretty sure Unity can compile to PS3, so...

Scenery is real life footage earlier in video, the ending scenery hopefully is what we can expect on PS4.

The ending scenery is real life footage as well, (with a 3D model placed in front if it) and although graphics will improve with the PS4 I don't think it will improve that much.

Am I the only one who's missing the "hold the down-shift button to prevent up-shifting in automatic gear mode" ?

It was a useful feature in GT4 and prior , but went inexplicably missing since GT5 .
I liked that feature when I played GT4. I guess PD rationalized that people didn't need it since they could map their shift buttons wherever.

Pretty much the point of the thread.
*Whining and crying intensifies*

Edit: But really, I hate PD. So much, worst communication ever.

They're like your first relationship, the one that lasted a week. Where you didn't talk to them, and then it just kind of ended.

That's what I feel like is happening now, except its. Not fun, and kind of annoying.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who's missing the "hold the down-shift button to prevent up-shifting in automatic gear mode" ?

It was a useful feature in GT4 and prior , but went inexplicably missing since GT5 .

The fast forward song button is also inexplicably missing.

Back