The Project CARS Video Thread

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 5,999 comments
Just watched the video @blowfishrulez posted above and Yorkie is constantly looking around and the camera angle varies. How do you do that, using a wheel when there's no left analog stick like on a gamepad, just buttons? Touch-sensitive buttons maybe, the harder you press, the bigger the angle?

If it was really The Project: 1886 you'd be watching the car from replay cameras and the game would offer button prompts like, "Press X to Navigate this Corner." ;)
yeah i was definitely waiting for some QTE prompts too

Because everyone knows what track it is from the video. And it is a very iconic track that not many racing games have to offer. Thats called a USP.

I've always thought the paddle shifting animation wasn't animating the paddles. I can see the hands/fingers move, but if you look at the paddle itself, it hardly seems to move. I know the movement would be fairly small, but it looks static to me. what do you think?

The FG1000 steering wheel does not have paddles on the back. So the finger movement is just fingers relaxing/stretching as you would do in real life. ;)

Edit:
I did get feedback from the devs. Seems the original reference car had paddle shifters, but this was later changed and somehow the animations got jumbled in the process.

This all will be fixed today or at least in the course of the week.

So if anyone sees any other oddities, let me know. :)

The FG1000 steering wheel does not have paddles on the back. So the finger movement is just fingers relaxing/stretching as you would do in real life. ;)

Edit:
I did get feedback from the devs. Seems the original reference car had paddle shifters, but this was later changed and somehow the animations got jumbled in the process.

This all will be fixed today or at least in the course of the week.

So if anyone sees any other oddities, let me know. :)
sorry, I meant the paddle shifting animation in general, for all cars that have them. many videos I've seen in the past have made me question this, but as I currently don't have the game I can't do tests, so I'll leave that to you guys :)
please load up a random car and see if the paddles move when shifting.

sorry, I meant the paddle shifting animation in general, for all cars that have them. many videos I've seen in the past have made me question this, but as I currently don't have the game I can't do tests, so I'll leave that to you guys :)
You are correct. I have this. Dunno if they will fix it as it has been like this since day 1.

that's weird. I guess they may not have time to go back and fix all the cars that have them then. it's a peculiar omission if they've specifically chosen to not make the paddles move, what with striving for immersion in a sim etc.

that's weird. I guess they may not have time to go back and fix all the cars that have them then. it's a peculiar omission if they've specifically chosen to not make the paddles move, what with striving for immersion in a sim etc.
They're only human, only so much can be perfected in a certain period of time. I will ask the devs to delay the release till June so they can fix this :D

They're only human, only so much can be perfected in a certain period of time. I will ask the devs to delay the release till June so they can fix this :D
no, it's far easier to get them to just disable all the interior views, then we won't be able to see the paddles anyway ;)

I just got word from a dev. The paddle movement is so small that it is not worth animating, so they didn't.

It's so cool that SMS decided to give the unloved E21 a chance in the spotlight. Definitely one of the more interesting choices for a racing game in recent years.

Also (and as an FYI), I find it amusing that you can bypass the Chrome exclusivity for 60fps videos by using one of those YT download services to acquire a raw file.

i watch all these 60fps videos on my PS4, and while it may not be rock-solid, the frame rate is definitely pushing 60 and is far beyond 30 which is good for me as my laptop is underpowered big-time.

It's so cool that SMS decided to give the unloved E21 a chance in the spotlight. Definitely one of the more interesting choices for a racing game in recent years.

Also (and as an FYI), I find it amusing that you can bypass the Chrome exclusivity for 60fps videos by using one of those YT download services to acquire a raw file.
Safari has 60 fps on Mac.

Back